Falagor Falagor Frostmaster
    Society
    NBK Rangers
    Images
    It seems that you can have:
    - one passive buff activated
    AND
    - one buff from stable activated

Same kind of buffs will not stack but its possibel to have two different kinds at the same time (if needed).

So i have added list of buffs avaible in stables (even though it is not exactly in passive buffs topic). It seems that it is wise to decide what buff is most important for player (i.e. he/she will be using it the most time) and choose pet with passive buff like that (since it is cheaper to use passvie buffs than ones from stable).

For example for me:
    i will be using +12% acceleration almost always so i choose silver bunny.
    In some situations i might use +12 HP buff (i.e. during events) so i will have both at that time .
    I can of course have more than one pet but skilling to high levels and unlocking passive buffs is not that fast .

Other example:
    player who wants to skill pet and taming skill mostly should choose one with +20% passive buff . Even if he will ever need +12% acceleration from time to time he might find this buff at stables too.

Falagor

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Oleg Oleg McMullery
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Thanks for collecting the data Falagor, it's very useful. Can I suggest that it would be better if presented in a table format, perhaps with one table for actives and one for passives? That would also make it nice and easy to copy the data into the Creatures threads.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    NBK Rangers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oleg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for collecting the data Falagor, it's very useful. Can I suggest that it would be better if presented in a table format, perhaps with one table for actives and one for passives? That would also make it nice and easy to copy the data into the Creatures threads.
    You mean something like this?

Buff name Value
    Skill gain - Pet and Taming +10%
    Skill gain - Pet and Taming +15%
    Skill gain - Pet and Taming +20%
    Pet Focus - Increase Generation +10%
    Pet Focus - Increase Generation: +15%
    Acceleration +8%
    Acceleration +12%
    Pet Focus - Decrease Regeneration -20%

And similar for stable buffs with more columns (+lev, duration, cost)? I could also make google doc "read only" with nicer view on all staistics with better overview on all pets but i thought data kept outside forum posts is not good idea since it may just disappear . Waiting fo aproval if this i what you ment - no point of changing it yet if it will require more changes .

Falagor
    Last edited by Falagor; 03-23-2015 at 15:39.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Oleg Oleg McMullery
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    I was thinking something more like:

Pet Name A Passive Buff A Numbers Numbers Numbers
    Pet Name A Passive Buff B Numbers Numbers Numbers
    Pet Name B Passive Buff A Numbers Numbers Numbers
    Pet Name B Passive Buff B Numbers Numbers Numbers
    etc

and:

Active Buff A Numbers Numbers Numbers
    Active Buff B Numbers Numbers Numbers
    Active Buff C Numbers Numbers Numbers
    etc

Maybe we also need a third table for the general non-buff stats for each pet type, or this could be combined with the passive buff table.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    NBK Rangers
    Images
    I was thinking something more like:

Pet Name A Passive Buff A Numbers Numbers Numbers
    Pet Name A Passive Buff B Numbers Numbers Numbers
    Pet Name B Passive Buff A Numbers Numbers Numbers
    Pet Name B Passive Buff B Numbers Numbers Numbers
    etc

and:

Active Buff A Numbers Numbers Numbers
    Active Buff B Numbers Numbers Numbers
    Active Buff C Numbers Numbers Numbers
    etc

Maybe we also need a third table for the general non-buff stats for each pet type, or this could be combined with the passive buff table.
    Ok will try to figure out best way for this - but later today . Now i know what you mean.

Falagor

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Danny Finnigan Fitzpatrick
    Society
    Kaos
    Images
    OK so we are talking about passive buffs and stable buffs but what about the always active buffs ? The one you get as long as your pet loves you ?

My Bristle started generating his (Skill increase) at lvl 8or 9 (don't remember).

Is it the same for all pets or do different pets have different "loved" buffs ?
    Showing emotions is a way to hide our true feelings

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    NBK Rangers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnigan View Post
    OK so we are talking about passive buffs and stable buffs but what about the always active buffs ? The one you get as long as your pet loves you ?

My Bristle started generating his (Skill increase) at lvl 8or 9 (don't remember).

Is it the same for all pets or do different pets have different "loved" buffs ?
    If you are talking about reaching +75% affection level - it is not really a buff. After reaching 75% affection level you get more xp gain on your pet and only at this level you can have any other buffs (at least those from stables).

Basicly reaching affection 100% is really simple - just feed fresh pet to full and do some training on it - after ~2-3 hours it shoudl reach 100% affection on its own. You can speed this process up with brush with few swings (i think it is instant method to get to affection 100% but costs more than by just letting pet regain it naturally by doing tricks). But imo its not really a buff and effect is exactly same on every pet so far.

If you are talking about temp +% pet and taming skillgains it also no in this category (since it expires on its own and is somehow randomly occurance).

If you are talking about something else - please explain becasue i have no idea what could it be?

Falagor

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    NBK Rangers
    Images
    @Oleg:

I started making some changes - i am not really sure how the site shows the tables on different resolutions etc.

If it does not look ok - let me know, i will try to adjust.

Started putting some data - will finsih today later . Btw - seems that organising tables on the forum is really pain in the ... .

Falagor

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Oleg Oleg McMullery
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Looks pretty good to me. I'd maybe reduce the text and border size so there's less wrapping, and the unlock costs could be done in 3 columns to remove the need for the words.

The tables are hard work for sure. For the Creatures data I set up an Excel sheet that converts input numbers into code for each row, using the Concatenate function. You might want to try something similar.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    NBK Rangers
    Images
    Looks pretty good to me. I'd maybe reduce the text and border size so there's less wrapping, and the unlock costs could be done in 3 columns to remove the need for the words.

The tables are hard work for sure. For the Creatures data I set up an Excel sheet that converts input numbers into code for each row, using the Concatenate function. You might want to try something similar.
    Ok done .

I left Cost as it was since three column might look confusing (i.e. similar problem happens when you look at entropedia Armor section and there are plenty numbers by each others - dmg types). With many rows it looks hard to read.

PS: we are still missing 3 pets . The Ruby bunny has +14% acceleration but i woudl like to see screenshot for that .

Falagor

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 13 ... LastLast