How one small exploit ruined all Entropia market in 3 years.

Status
I respect your explanations above Taco, BUT

I don't know you much before, but now I do thanks to your long and lots of posts here

I give a you a long fk you because you ruined my read and seemed like you covered the subject a bit, maybe not intentionally, but seemed like "move away, just a lier here" and in my country , you can even be a politician or prime minister because the more you yell at people, more respect you get.

At the end, did you prove or help prove anything? I don't think so

I respect your behaviour, otherwise I wouldn't write so much

Are you kidding me? We use it to gamble....not to make some imaginary ped on the final drop.

First off, with most amps, you need to double or triple drop the last one in order to use up the amp all the way! If you don't know this you shouldn't be talking. So if we triple drop the last drop, its usually instinct, or because we were triple dropping the whole amp.

If I am triple dropping 13's, I am not gonna switch to a single drop for the last drop...no one is...you use the last drop however you want....and knowing it will split the remaining 20 ped tt over the final double or triple drop it is fine to do it this way if you chose.

It in effect makes the last drop like using an amp that is about 7 ped decay per drop if you triple drop.

Why is everyone hearing hoofbeats and thinking zebras?

Just cuz someone triple drops the last drop doesn't mean there is free ped being given out.

In the end, this game uses a cost to drop, click, or kill as the base. The last drop will in fact be spread out. This volatility in the drops is why some (like myself) like to use amps that will go straight to 0 evenly (terra amp 4 for example). The only advantage I see this giving is more on my own bias where my towers and big hits are on the first or last drop of the amp. But there is no science to prove that anything is front loaded or back loaded. Just our own theories ultimately giving us confirmation bias... also leading to more forum threads by players claiming things while also not playing.

Too many posts to read in between a few hours but from what i have read Taco ( i did not read through all so i might have missed some) no one is claiming a 60 ped multiplication factor. What is being claimed is 20 ped multiplication factor with the chance of hitting 2 or more claims from what should have been 1 claim at the max.

Now I am ready to test this and i will email support asking if i can test this because quite honestly I don't believe it is as you say it is i.e the multiplication factor gets curtailed to 6.67 peds.

And as for your language, I do feel at times like you do and those are the times i refrain from posting on the forum. A point can be made by simply saying instead of "shouting" and the latter only puts u in a worse foot in a discussion.

I respect your explanations above Taco, BUT

I don't know you much before, but now I do thanks to your long and lots of posts here

I give a you a long fk you because you ruined my read and seemed like you covered the subject a bit, maybe not intentionally, but seemed like "move away, just a lier here" and in my country , you can even be a politician or prime minister because the more you yell at people, more respect you get.

At the end, did you prove or help prove anything? I don't think so

I respect your behaviour, otherwise I wouldn't write so much

Fair enough...I suppose I would catch more flies with honey...and if it looked like i was trying to "cover" up the subject, that was not my intention...possible I misunderstand some post some times and reply based on that misinterpretation, but I was never covering the fact that the OP was wrong, and I explained numerous times how it works, and how I am right.

Ya know, of all the people that understand how wrong the OP is, only I was dumb enough to let it bother me enough to post. The other dozens of good miners that are experienced with 13s or TA9's all just sat back and laughed at the OP and the people thinking he was right.

Perhaps I should have done that too...but I can't resist....plain and simple. I can't live with myself knowing that all this BS is being believed by some of you!

The OP started off lying...that pissed me off enough...but THEN he starts calling people like drew and me exploiters because we know he is full of shit. Then his little buddies from his soc chime in to jump on me <removed>

If anyone doesn't expect me to go ape-shit on that kind of behavior...then go to a forum that I ain't at, and you wont have to see it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Too many posts to read in between a few hours but from what i have read Taco ( i did not read through all so i might have missed some) no one is claiming a 60 ped multiplication factor. What is being claimed is 20 ped multiplication factor with the chance of hitting 2 or more claims from what should have been 1 claim at the max.

Now I am ready to test this and i will email support asking if i can test this because quite honestly I don't believe it is as you say it is i.e the multiplication factor gets curtailed to 6.67 peds.

And as for your language, I do feel at times like you do and those are the times i refrain from posting on the forum. A point can be made by simply saying instead of "shouting" and the latter only puts u in a worse foot in a discussion.

I am sooooo glad that someone is finally testing this :)

TT or each find would be handy, and how many finds. ONly need 10 claims to know.

Please please do it!!!

Rgds

Ace

They are claiming that if we use the last 20 ped on an amp to triple drop, that ALL three potential finds are getting the 20 ped decay pushed into each potential find at 20 ped per...

If a normal triple drop costs 60 ped, and you find 3 claims, they will all be around 55 to 60 each...GENERALLY, with NO other factors or multipliers being present, that is roughly what you get planetside...

They are saying you can get that on the last drop too...you cant. (unless other multipliers come into play)

Most of the time if you find 3 claims on the last triple drop, they will average around 18-20 ped each.

If you double the last drop, they will average around 28-30 if you find 2 claims.

It works perfectly fine. I can't wait for your results.

Let me be clear though, any smaller other factor or random multiplier will skew the results, so please understand that...you need to do about 10 final drops (triple dropping) that have at least 2 claims to see clearly

wow this is HUGE, (hope you read through the sarcasm to it)

Anyway, only issue would be to get 3 chances for a claim out of what should be 1, issue being explained by the fact that if you get 1 drop you get full 20 TT multiplier of the amp (out of a 3 way claim possibility and luckily hitting one of ores OR artefact only is where the profit is), if you find 2 you get half the TT spread and if you find 3 1/3 of the TT given to each drop (which is the way it should be).
Everyone ingame always TT'd that 3% items you were stuck with, regardless of the markup paid to it, like a god damn felis i could pay 500% for.
Why should a miner get a chance to consume it off.

so to refer to my first sentence sarcasm its unlikely that the amp is using 40ped out of nowhere.

They are claiming that if we use the last 20 ped on an amp to triple drop, that ALL three potential finds are getting the 20 ped decay pushed into each potential find at 20 ped per...

If a normal triple drop costs 60 ped, and you find 3 claims, they will all be around 55 to 60 each...GENERALLY, with NO other factors or multipliers being present, that is roughly what you get planetside...

They are saying you can get that on the last drop too...you cant. (unless other multipliers come into play)

Most of the time if you find 3 claims on the last triple drop, they will average around 18-20 ped each.

If you double the last drop, they will average around 28-30 if you find 2 claims.

Let me be clear though, any smaller other factor or random multiplier will skew the results, so please understand that...you need to do about 10 final drops (triple dropping) that have at least 2 claims to see clearly

Actually, one double or triple hit may be enough to verify, all we need is that one of the claims is below the normal minimum of a 20 PED drop to prove it wrong.

It was completely mindblowing in the first place that those guys where allowed to mine like that for what was it, 6 months or so before being banned, every day filling the hof-lists. Where were all the lvl-9 oreamps coming from lol?

Exploit still possible after 3 years??? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

They banned the players but "forgot" to fix the bug/exploit.
Classic MA.

Got it.. And yes i agree, need a fair sampling to know this for sure. Don't worry. I will test out if permitted by support enough to have a fairly clear perception of it.

Cheers and don't let people bother ya on the forum :)

Actually, one double or triple hit may be enough to verify, all we need is that one of the claims is below the normal minimum of a 20 PED drop to prove it wrong.

this is the best attitudes to take to find out, although this is also the worst thing to do because in essence it will protect/coverup those who been using this, how can you pretend to inflict punishment assuming something unallowed is being done if this is used in a larger scale, might be deep thinking but was maybe the purpose of this thread, have as much people using it as possible to cover the precusors..

this is the best attitudes to take to find out, although this is also the worst thing to do because in essence it will protect/coverup those who been using this, how can you pretend to inflict punishment assuming something unallowed is being done if this is used in a larger scale, might be deep thinking but was maybe the purpose of this thread, have as much people using it as possible to cover the precusors..

The exact same thing was done with large pets in pvp, the same thing was done with select target macro'd in pvp.. spreed the word and have as many people to use it, blame them as an innocent (while you were precusor to it) not to get punished is their method and always was. i'm sorry kestukas and whoever is affiliated with you these days but i have no trust in you guys and am also aware of alot of things concerning you, hence making it harder to swallow the pill blindly.
Bringing this "possible issue' up to light is still the best move imo tho.

out of all this forum and people tested till now is :

Facts :

1. Amp uses more tt than it should have (even minimum usable condition is used 3% to 0ped tt)
2. amp can drop 6 oers (60 ped) instead of writing (there is not enought ped) (why there cannot drop 2 ped left ????? if you claim it is nothing special?)
3. With dropping 3 finds with 20tt only left in amp you have 3x more chance to get claims instead of 1 chance.

Not prooved, and never will be :

if you drop 3 finds and get 1 claim it will be ~ 60ped
if you drop 3 finds and get 2 claim it will be ~30ped
if you drop 3 finds and get 3 claim it will be ~20ped

OR

if you drop 3 finds you get 3 claims it will be 60 ped each or bigger because you had chance to get 3x multipliers.

Akon is right here since , why others can use whole tt and even under it , no other item let use more tt than written till minimum tt value.

Now i remmebered taco where are you from.
Last time you -rep me was when i posted that people exploit hell and monria and you was the one hho "tested" that areas before it was posted.

and after that you created thread how to exploit, to not show that you are exploiter https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ng-bug&highlight=mining+exploit+in+rocktropia

I was banned once to insulting you in 10% of your world you wote in this thread , but seems you have some "friends" in forum administrators to keep you still alive after so much bullshiting, insulting here.

I start to believe that even a year ago when you was "testing' lvl 13 in hell when mindark shutted down servers in 1 hour, you just save your ass because you big mouth was calling all in unacceptable words.

I was banned once to insulting you in 10% of your world you wote in this thread , but seems you have some "friends" in forum administrators to keep you still alive after so much bullshiting, insulting here.

This is very close theme to your "exploit" crap. Start new thread.

Facts :

1. Amp uses more tt than it should have (even minimum usable condition is used 3% to 0ped tt)
2. amp can drop 6 oers (60 ped) instead of writing (there is not enought ped) (why there cannot drop 2 ped left ????? if you claim it is nothing special?)
3. With dropping 3 finds with 20tt only left in amp you have 3x more chance to get claims instead of 1 chance.

OR

if you drop 3 finds you get 3 claims it will be 60 ped each or bigger because you had chance to get 3x multipliers.

Akon is right here since , why others can use whole tt and even under it , no other item let use more tt than written till minimum tt value.

Last time you -rep me was when i posted that people exploit hell and monria and you was the one hho "tested" that areas before it was posted.

and after that you created thread how to exploit, to not show that you are exploiter https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ng-bug&highlight=mining+exploit+in+rocktropia

I start to believe that even a year ago when you was "testing' lvl 13 in hell when mindark shutted down servers in 1 hour, you just save your ass because you big mouth was calling all in unacceptable words.

From a topic started with a strong title "How one small exploit ruined all Entropia market in 3 years."
Facts, exploit, truth, tested,

to
Maybe, must be tested, or or or , my friends say, .... not proved

There is a limit of fingerpointing and showing arrogance. In my eyes you reached it.

Please STFU

Last edited:
From a topic started with a strong title "How one small exploit ruined all Entropia market in 3 years."
Facts, exploit, truth, tested,

to
Maybe, must be tested, or or or , my friends say, .... not proved

There is a limit of fingerpointing and showing arrogance. In my eyes you reached it.

Please STFU

Did you even read my first post ?? Or just have some disease talking nonsence

Did you even read my first post ?? Or just have some disease talking nonsence

Yeah i have some deseases. One of them is being allergic to bullshit...
You been doing it a lot.

It's funny how you always are summonising stuff and twisting (unknown) facts other people are saying.

You are really so awsome.

Last edited:

Facts :

OR

All of this leads me to presume you are either drunk, or incapable of rational thought. Not one thing you said here has any factual or relevant basis whatsoever.

The forum admins do not like me btw...quit adding to your pile of BS. Hell, not only does everything I say get modded, I was even double banned once...1 month from one guy, and a day later 2 months from another. Either way, I deserve it...for swearing and whatnot...you deserve your bans too, though, just for your basic lack of understanding the world around you.

But most importantly:

You are a very bad scientist. To say that your "facts" would "never be proved otherwise" is basically entering Dumbshit Land on a fucking rocket. Do you understand what the scientific method is?

Last edited:
89c.gif

Calypso team should comment this tread so we dont have a ww3 in here :)

In that case - not Calypso team, but MA instead.

As soon, as they will touch this fucking topic - they will get shitstorm "why really our economy is fucked up by your modern inventions?"

I am ok with it.

If no advantage given using this method, than NP! Can MA staff pls confirm this???

Suggestion: unless it already exists (support case isn't ideal, a pooled-knowledge/comments-post/summary-on-a-particular-issue-without-having-to-go-through-pages-of-badly-written-posts would be useful ... can we use the current system: reserve the OP for summary of an issue, can it be updated wiki-style? or should we move to wiki for that?) ... could 711 or helpers create a code to enter in posts so they would (if 'urged' similar to 'likes'/'upvotes' by enough players) get attention from MA staff? they can't be reading all, so we should create something to upvote certain issues if we want to make sure things get attention?

PS. will make a suggestion thread where this can be discussed

must say nice thread ... red all 27 pages and trying to "see through" all this and ....
(befor I start want to apologize for my bad english)

so it is simple as this (lv 13 amp):
if 20 ped is for one drop it must be for one drop, no matter if this give benefits or it is a "future" or what are the returns or what ever
so if you have 20 ped left in your amp you must choose what to search ore, enm or treasure and make only one drop and the game must not allow to search for the rest (again no matter if the return is lower or biger or distributed or what ever)
... it is just that simple ....

so for the "benefit" part ...
this is simple too :)
you get benefit from this ... maybe not every time “ped benefit” ... but definitly a “chance benefit”
why ... becuse it is like you use the last 20 ped of your L weap to kill 3 mobs simultaneously ... yes you will spend this 20 ped (... more when count ammo and armor and so on but any way) and yes you will get (maybe) the same peds from this 3 mobs as you killed only one , but still let be honest ... you have three more (mmm two more) chances to get them back ...

maybe I can try to make it more clear:

mining in a certain place .... or lets say droping on the xxxxx.xxxxx coordinats
on this coordinats you have some % to find ore , some % to find enm and some % to find treasure ... right
so you have 20 ped left and (if all was ok) you must choose what to search ... ore, enm or treasure
so you drop lets say only for ore (its like bet on this % for ore in this coordinates) and get something (it dosn't matter how much) or nothing
so when you have only 20 ped left and have opportunity to "simultaneously" search for ore, enm and treasure in this same coordinates (and bet on this three diferent %) for me this is a benefit

and I definitly like to have that oppertunity and benefit when I am hunting

With best regards
OLD NICK

p.s.: I am not a miner (as maybe you already know) but tell me if I am wrong ... if you have 20 ped left in lv 13 amp and you do only one drop dosn't this bring the amp to 0 tt too .... and if yes why you need to drop 3 :)

I get plenty of nrf on the last drop...I get multiple claims no more or less on the last drop than any other drop.

so you do this last tripple drop?

you, the person which complaints on every event about unfair things (which are normal gameplay?)...

lol, exploiter..i hope your exploiting gets you banned..

i quote ahead
Bottom line is you used an item in the way it was not intended to be used to gain advantage. That is exploiting.

Last edited:
I will try to be short here.

Who ever on purpose clicked his amp to 20 ped TT and then used 2 or 3 clicks on it shows intent to cheat the system. Whether they succeeded or not its up to MA to decide.

In either case they got an unfair advatage of finding more claims and its an exploit how ever you look at it, doesnt matter what the TT value of claims was.

Bottom line is you used an item in the way it was not intended to be used to gain advantage. That is exploiting.

Over and out.

to be more clear on "and I definitly like to have that oppertunity and benefit when I am hunting" ... :
I want when I have peds to kill only one atrox to have oppertunity to loot one atrox, one nusul and one zombie :) ... and never mind that the loot return from this 3 mobs will be the same as if I killed and looted only one atrox

... hope this make the "problem" more clear ...

and for who lose from all this ... we all lose .... players lose ... maybe not peds (as there are always someone that make some profits), but hope ... and when players lose hope they start to quit and then MA lose too

With best regards
OLD NICK

<removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
I will try to be short here.

Who ever on purpose clicked his amp to 20 ped TT and then used 2 or 3 clicks on it shows intent to cheat the system. Whether they succeeded or not its up to MA to decide.

In either case they got an unfair advatage of finding more claims and its an exploit how ever you look at it, doesnt matter what the TT value of claims was.

Over and out.

If you use an item in the way it was not intended to be used and dont gain any advantage. Is that exploiting?

If you use an item in the way it was not intended to be used and dont gain any advantage. Is that exploiting?

Thats trying to exploit and failing to do so, intent is still there.
Thats why I said its up to MA to decide, I cant know for sure if you got huge profits or losses only MA knows that (I hope they know anything at all after incidents like this).

I could bet my butt that if I found a way (not described ingame) that nobody knew about to kill 1 daspletor but to loot 3 Im pretty sure that people like taco would scream alot of strange and bad mannered shit. If it was described on the amp that last click you get 3 chances for loots then Id think this was ok, maybe its intentional but Im pretty sure that its a glitch.

I havent dropped all million bombs like you have done but a few hundred level13 and I think its unfair that You use the system in a way not intended and abusive.

You get so caught up in arguement that nobody actually argues (as in thinking about all sides of what is said) and are stuck in personal disputes about WHO said what not what it actually means.

Best regards //Linz

Status
Back