How one small exploit ruined all Entropia market in 3 years.

Status
Everyone who are "Testing" this bug, you realise that you could and should be banned for doing it?

Why?
Because you use glitch to gain unfair advantage (no difference if it was for testing or not,, you still gain advantage)

entropia universe ToU :

j. You must immediately report errors and bugs in the Entropia Universe to MindArk whenever You discover them. You may not “cheat” or otherwise neglect to report errors or bugs, use bugs, slow connection, Internet latency, or other 'exploits' for own benefits or for the benefit of others.

Those who HAS used this exploit has most likely used it thousands of times.. At least if they have an UL amp. So the threshold should be higher then 5 to avoid those who didnt know about this, but still accidentally have continued to mine until they get the message that amp is dead and unknowingly have gotten an extra drop.

Easy to find in logs for UL amps(drop probe x2/3 - repair tool - drop probe x2/3 - repair tool - drop probe x2/3 - repair tool etc. etc. etc.)

I bet there are some ways to find exploiters of the (L) amps aswell.

Those who HAS used this exploit has most likely used it thousands of times.. At least if they have an UL amp. So the treshold should be higher then 5 to avoid those who didnt know about this, but still accidentally have continued to mine until they get the message that amp is dead and unknowingly have gotten an extra drop.

Easy to find in logs for UL amps(drop probe x2/3 - repair tool - drop probe x2/3 - repair tool - drop probe x2/3 - repair tool etc. etc. etc.)

I bet there are some ways to find exploiters of the (L) amps aswell.

Yup might be, never done it myself so cant really tell. Anyways MA should let the banhammer fall. This could be good for economy, as many high end miners would be locked out, MU on ores would recover until this is all sorted out.

I dont care if the miner is 4 months old avatar or 10 years old, if you cheat you deserve to be banned (or locked until you have paid for the damage done)

Now when someone already noticed ,soon my "fairy tail" will meet all parameters its needed.

last parameter is needed = "happy ending"

Last edited:
Now when someone already noticed ,soon my "fairy tail" will meet all parameters its needed.

last parameter is needed = "happy ending"

It annoyed me for too many pages... can you please finally fix the spelling error.. "Fairy tale"... Fairy tail would be something very weird if the fairy happens to be a male fairy...

It annoyed me for too many pages... can you please finally fix the spelling error.. "Fairy tale"... Fairy tail would be something very weird if the fairy happens to be a male fairy...

GOT IT :D Fairy tale

Yup might be, never done it myself so cant really tell. Anyways MA should let the banhammer fall. This could be good for economy, as many high end miners would be locked out, MU on ores would recover until this is all sorted out.

I dont care if the miner is 4 months old avatar or 10 years old, if you cheat you deserve to be banned (or locked until you have paid for the damage done)

Step 1.. find a possible exploit... DONE
Step 2 report it to MA... DONE
Step 3 get confirmation from MA wether this is an exploit or working as intented... NOT DONE
Step 4 make the exploit public knowledge... DONE BY PLAYERS
Step 5 Fix the exploit... NOT DONE
Step 6 start BANNING... NOT DONE AFAIK

It's clear who's working w/o getting paid & who's paid w/o working to me :D

Good Morning and welcome to another exciting page of

80 pages of bull!

Enjoy your stay!

Last edited:
entropia universe ToU :

j. You must immediately report errors and bugs in the Entropia Universe to MindArk whenever You discover them. You may not “cheat” or otherwise neglect to report errors or bugs, use bugs, slow connection, Internet latency, or other 'exploits' for own benefits or for the benefit of others.

I bet that is what u did 3 years ago right ?

Long live all of the unicorns.. I will change my picture in Eve's honor.

Unicorn l!!!!!

I didn't liked Dr3w (Eve) specially, neither agree with him even in this thread. But I greatly respect that he conducted experiments and was brave enough to share results which were against his initial thesis.

I also find banning him under circumstances of this thread as at least suspicious. Therefore unicorn in my avatar too, as sign of protest.

As for that exploit...still waiting on MA official comment !!!!

I didn't liked Dr3w (Eve) specially, neither agree with him even in this thread. But I greatly respect that he conducted experiments and was brave enough to share results which were against his initial thesis.

I also find banning him under circumstances of this thread as at least suspicious. Therefore unicorn in my avatar too, as sign of protest.

As for that exploit...still waiting on MA official comment !!!!

I really hope he didn't stop the testing due to the ban and somehow gets to share it. Until then; UNICORN!!

Finally :

Changes

Mining finders no longer allow searches if the condition of the attached amplifier is below the amount required for all of the selected search types. In the past, when the attached amplifier's condition was lower than required to provide full amplification for all selected search types, the loot calculation was modified based on remaining condition and selected search types. Though we cannot discuss in detail the inner workings of the loot algorithm, we can assure everyone that no overall economic advantage was gained in such situations. However, in order to present a more consistent and transparent user experience when employing mining finders with amplifiers attached, searches will now be limited according to the remaining condition of the attached amplifier and search types selected.

Originally Posted Here

Well its not only fixed, we also got the statement that it was not an advantage for those doing it.

Thanks MA for clearing it!

Finally :

Well its not only fixed, we also got the statement that it was not an advantage for those doing it.

Thanks MA for clearing it!

Soooo.... Taco 1 - 0 Ktmpsf.

Exploit never existed.

I bet that is what u did 3 years ago right ?

Of course, that's the only thing I am questioning. The whole WSS gang knows this for 3 years, and now they play saints :D

UNICORNS!

Soooo.... Taco 1 - 0 Ktmpsf.

Exploit never existed.

More like Taco .5 - .5 Ktmpsf

Exploit existed.. but apparently there are hidden balancing mechanisms which would prevent a TT profit.

In other words.. you could still pull up more than consumed with amps.. but long-term balancing mechanism still even it all out.

my money is on that they HAD to say it didnt cause an unfair advantage, even IF it did. Could you imagine the shitstorm if they openly said it did?

lol ok...

i will "accept" what they say..
and be glad that this is fixed..

(although i am sure they would NEVER admit that such exploit didv exist for long time)
i still didn't see any 1/3xAmp claim and will never have the chance to see now...

i guess we can close this thread now

by the way i can assure you that i am a 14 year old girl but i made some operations yesterday to keep it consistent..

Last edited:
Yes.
close thread please.
and if possible would be nice to delete it.
no future actions needed, to save EU reputation it is better that this thread , or exploit never was existed.

if moderators agree what i sayd, do actions wht is needed.

yeah... reorganized my sentences ... i will make a gift for EU players and for Mindark if they will not be praud and just fix this exploit "if it is still not a feature" :) in fastest way.

just a little reminder...

Thx to MA for a statement. Thx to Eve for testing this. Thx to everybody that contributed to this thread. Sorry to everyone that got -rep from me (but from my point of view you deserved it). And special thx to Serica for moderating.
Unicorns forever!

Over and out! Gl & hof big!
Shee

Edit: Also special thx to Taco for testing! This thread became so long that I forgot about that, sry :)

Last edited:
One "bug" down.... Next! :yay:LOL.

Not really an exploit as it never gave an advantage, but a bug as it was not meant to be used to the end. :laugh:

Whats the next unicorn shit storm? :beerchug:

Please ban Ktpsmf from PCF.
This thread was complete bullshit, without any evidence, and this is not the 1st thread like this from him.
Threads like this damage the game.
Ktpsmf repeatedly says he doesn't play, so he doesn't need to be here!

This thread was complete bullshit, without any evidence, and this is not the 1st thread like this from him.

No.

This thread presented a very real bug, and problem.. so much so that MA created a patch and made a statement regarding this issue...

For once ktpsmf did something good.

No.

This thread presented a very real bug, and problem.. so much so that MA created a patch and made a statement regarding this issue...

For once ktpsmf did something good.

Not only that, but it also made Tacos posts pink and fluffy and and increased the unicorn density on PCF.

I enjoyed all this.

Hmm 80 pages seems what it takes to get a quick bug fix - we should form a 'bug brigade' make a list and then talk each other in rage from the top to the bottom one bug after the other get a few dozend people 'testing' till all are fixed :cool: :wtg:

-rep'ing me for calling you out and proving you wrong.. mature x9000..

Mods please close thread, now that it's being filled with garbage.

Status
Back