How one small exploit ruined all Entropia market in 3 years.

Status
I am just hoping MA can provide some clarification when they get back into the office and have time to investigate the issue... clearly this has caused a little more than an uproar on forums..

I am just hoping MA can provide some clarification when they get back into the office and have time to investigate the issue... clearly this has caused a little more than an uproar on forums..

The main issue is how many will now be using this bug to cheat ped out of the system. It's needs to be fixed asap if its an issue.

I'm not sure why there is an argument over who gets hurt, MA or the players? The way I see it, both MA and the player base is harmed. Everyone is at a disadvantage as a result of this except for those involved in the exploit.

Conclusion: This level 13 glitch needs to be fixed. It hurts both the players and MindArk, there's simply no reason for it to be in the game at this moment, and I hope something is being done about it as soon as possible.

My thoughts exactly. If something is not working as intended, then it is a "bug", not a feature. Even if not a single person were affected by this bug, the amp is not working as intended and should be fixed. Per MA rules, those that exploit this bug should be banned. It is highly unlikely that people are benefiting from this exploit and it is having no impact on the rest of us.

But...it DIDN't happen. And darnit, I was expecting you to give some voice of reason to this thread when you got home...:(

Triple dropping the last 20 ped tt of a L13 does NOT give you 2 free L13 drops (i.e. 60 ped, or 20 ped plus probes and decay for EACH type) It gives you 20 ped of amp plus probes plus decay spread over all 3 possible finds!

even if the 20 ped is spred out on the find if you find one you get 20ped value from amp you get 2 find you get 10 each is that what your saying

if it is its still a exploit because there 2 more chance you wouldnt be using there if it was not for the last drop

20ped amp = 1 find 20ped decays same multiplyer
20ped amp left = 2 find 10 ped decay per find multi cut in half
20ped amp left = 3 find 1/3 ped decay 1/3 of the multiplyer find

i see a problem above even you only get less myltipler and i doo beleive what op says

from what i see MA is not the sharpest tool in the shed

Last edited:
There is a way to test it. On the last double or triple drop with level 13, if you ever get less than a minimum (20x) claim then obviously there was not a 20x multiplier for that drop.

so is this why unlimited amps are worth alot can you do this on lower amps also

if you can portible repair therminal repair to the minimal and drop 3 type ore rinse and repete

There is a way to test it. On the last double or triple drop with level 13, if you ever get less than a minimum (20x) claim then obviously there was not a 20x multiplier for that drop.

It CAN give the 20 to just one claim IF that person deserved one that size (meaning some other multiplier was forcing the claim size up a bit)...but in general, it rarely gives a full 20 to MORE than one claim found on the final drop. (It would only do so when some other multiplier was at play...)

The only way to test it is to see 10-12 final drops on L13's where 2 or more claims were found.

Then you would see the pattern, the multiple finds would all be smaller, and then these people would stop thinking so ridiculously.

It is much harder to see when just looking at one claim on the final drop.

so is this why unlimited amps are worth alot can you do this on lower amps also

if you can portible repair therminal repair to the minimal and drop 3 type ore rinse and repete

Dude, there are no UL 13's...even IF this bs was true, it wouldn't work on any current UL amps b/c the final drop wont exceed the tt value of 0.00 by any amount...it usually lands right on it.

Please people, use your heads!

So the people who use it says you don't get more TT when hiting 3claims, but can't say why they use it.
Could the reason be that there is a bigger chance hit a nice multiplier on the last drop since you can get 3claims instead of one? Probably! And maybe more or less always is a claim on last drop! Than I say it is a very big advantage for sure.

And if you guys think everyone get +90% TT return in the long run, that would mean every miner ingame profit!

weird duplicate post dont know how it happened...

So the people who use it says you don't get more TT when hiting 3claims, but can't say why they use it.

Are you kidding me? We use it to gamble....not to make some imaginary ped on the final drop.

First off, with most amps, you need to double or triple drop the last one in order to use up the amp all the way! If you don't know this you shouldn't be talking. So if we triple drop the last drop, its usually instinct, or because we were triple dropping the whole amp.

If I am triple dropping 13's, I am not gonna switch to a single drop for the last drop...no one is...you use the last drop however you want....and knowing it will split the remaining 20 ped tt over the final double or triple drop it is fine to do it this way if you chose.

It in effect makes the last drop like using an amp that is about 7 ped decay per drop if you triple drop.

Why is everyone hearing hoofbeats and thinking zebras?

Just cuz someone triple drops the last drop doesn't mean there is free ped being given out.

Don't hold your breath for a clarification ;p

If there really is a problem my guess is there will be a response stating all is working as intended and there will be a silent "fix" together with some downtime for some other reason.

The "clarification" will be the same anyways. Did we get real info about what Raddim and Pavilon used from them? I think not.

I mined quite abot with lvl13 myself! I know every nrf hurt with this amp! If you can make away to more or less always get a claim one last drop compared to me with alot nrfs, you can't see the advantage?

Damn, I just think we found the ret*** in this thread!

Same if you hunt and on every 20 mob you could loot him 3times, Most of the times the loot was just divided by3, but it gave a bigger chance on geting that big multiplier you looking for? Still no advantage right?

But if you still get alot nrf tripple bomb on last click, maybe system protect itself somehow, I don't know! I never tested it nor will I!

If MA can confirm that the system could not been abused, than all is fine! If they

Even if people got higher TT returns, I will never get a pec back anyway, but hope they can fix it asap!

If this is indeed a feature and not a bug... Prepare yourselves for hell, and the price of redulite to top 2k%...

In which case I will be mining happily unamped and profiting from the gamblers. :yup:

I mined quite abot with lvl13 myself! I know every nrf hurt with this amp! If you can make away to more or less always get a claim one last drop compared to me with alot nrfs, you can't see the advantage?

Damn, I just think we found the ret*** in this thread!

Same if you hunt and on every 20 mob you could loot him 3times, Most of the times the loot was just divided by3, but it gave a bigger chance on geting that big multiplier you looking for? Still no advantage right?

But if you still get alot nrf tripple bomb on last click, maybe system protect itself somehow, I don't know! I never tested it nor will I!

If MA can confirm that the system could not been abused, than all is fine! If they

Even if people got higher TT returns, I will never get a pec back anyway, but hope they can fix it asap!

No one is saying that there is a way to insure you get claims or more claims on the last drop...not sure why you are saying this...people are saying that it multiplies all 3 on a triple drop by 20 ped EACH ...it doesn't! It divides that 20 up among however many you look for, so it works perfectly fairly.

Also, not sure who you are calling a ret%^$, but if its me, then...I will tell you later after I find out it was me you were talking to...

All items have a minimum condition limit, so using the extra tt that is supposed to be the min tt shouldn't occur. No other items in EU afaik exceed that minimum condition limit - therefore is an unforseen error in coding i guess.

Not the first or last time (vtol party, map open close speed boost etc), and i guess now is an uproar about it Ma will close coding error, or leave as is. I have to admit that i have ended up with below min condition amps time to time but didn't actively seek to rinse out every ped.

I think MA will silently close the loophole at some point and all will normalise. On reflection and some thought, other bugs have been used/abused and people been mostly silent with a few kicking off on forum (pilot skilling on hog diablo event). Sure this is a bit different as may involve direct tt gain, but pilot skills also allowed gain but not directly( have to sell).

Guess what i saying is that all bugs are bad that allow unfair advantage, but to call wolf about one and not others does seem a little contradictary - but thats people for you. :). Look at how many were flying over diablo spawns for example, we can't seek to burn people for this when many have used other things to their advantage.

Before people ask, no i wasn't aware of bug - had got unusual low tt on amps sometimes but never put 2+2=4 and used to advantage.

Last edited:
If this is indeed a feature and not a bug... Prepare yourselves for hell, and the price of redulite to top 2k%...

In which case I will be mining happily unamped and profiting from the gamblers. :yup:

Why are all the people that I used to think were smart now acting like the BS spewed by the OP is true? It is NOT a bug, nor a "feature" that allows for more multiplication of the finds than the amp allows.

The resulting find is factored by 20 tt plus probes plus decay...not 60 tt plus probes plus decay!

The finds are always smaller 99.9% of the time when double dropping or triple dropping at the end. It spreads 20 ped out over 2 or 3 claims, it is NOT giving people 3 potential 20ped amp tt multipliers!

I seriously don't know how people don't understand this.

Don't hold your breath for a clarification ;p

If there really is a problem my guess is there will be a response stating all is working as intended and there will be a silent "fix" together with some downtime for some other reason.

The "clarification" will be the same anyways. Did we get real info about what Raddim and Pavilon used from them? I think not.

Quit feeding the OP...he made the shit up, and MA will explain it...this is different than the raddim issue they were hush/hush with...this is simply them having to clarify to the idiot OP how it works, because he is too feebleminded to see it, even though me and dozens of others that have dropped plenty of 13's know exactly how it works, and that it works fairly!

All items have a minimum condition limit, so using the extra tt that is supposed to be the min tt shouldn't occur. No other items in EU afaik exceed that minimum condition limit - therefore is an unforseen error in coding i guess.

Not the first or last time (vtol party, map open close speed boost etc), and i guess now is an uproar about it Ma will close coding error, or leave as is. I have to admit that i have ended up with below min condition amps time to time but didn't actively seek to rinse out every ped.

I think MA will silently close the loophole at some point and all will normalise. On reflection and some thought, other bugs have been used/abused and people been mostly silent with a few kicking off on forum (pilot skilling on hog diablo event). Sure this is a bit different as may involve direct tt gain, but pilot skills also allowed gain but not directly( have to sell).

Guess what i saying is that all bugs are bad that allow unfair advantage, but to call wolf about one and not others does seem a little contradictary - but thats people for you. :)

It is NOT using extra tt omg omg omg!

Taco you more or less attack everyone, in most threads you write in! Very hard to take you serious!

Im not saying anyone did exploit, that is MA job to find out! Just saying if you get claims on almost all of your last drop with lvl13, compared to people like me who get alot nrf, ofcourse it is not fair! I always believed in fair play, that is the reason I can't win in a game like this! Too many exploiters everywhere(not saying anyone here is)!

And no, I don't know if you get more hits on last drop, again! But good atleast people didn't get 3 "minimum" multipliers on last drop atleast!

It is NOT using extra tt omg omg omg!

Minimum condition limit is 3%?

If remaining tt is below that it is mate, is using below min condition limit.

Not trying to say is right or wrong, just looks like coding error/ oversight on Ma's part. After vtol party etc, i can't blame anyone for using that tt - just seems is error/oversight from MA.

Not the first time either :d, and probably not the last. :)

If as you say doesn't multi all claims found on last bit of amp, MA will leave it as is probably - if it does they will change am sure. We can speculate all we like and argue -- but at end of day Ma are only ones who really know for sure how system works.

Last edited:
Taco you more or less attack everyone, in most threads you write in! Very hard to take you serious!

Im not saying anyone did exploit, that is MA job to find out! Just saying if you get claims on almost all of your last drop with lvl13, compared to people like me who get alot nrf, ofcourse it is not fair! I always believed in fair play, that is the reason I can't win in a game like this! Too many exploiters everywhere(not saying anyone here is)!

And no, I don't know if you get more hits on last drop, again! But good atleast people didn't get 3 "minimum" multipliers on last drop atleast!

I get plenty of nrf on the last drop...I get multiple claims no more or less on the last drop than any other drop. I don't understand what you are bringing it up for, I guess... It uses all the probes and decay of a normal triple drop, it just divides up the remaining tt balance on the amp. No one is losing or gaining!

And btw I only attack idiots that try to act like they know what they are talking about, when they clearly don't. So if you can't see the forest for the trees, because you don't like how someone talks, I don't know what to tell ya...At least there are other people who care more about the substance of what someone is saying than how they say it.

Minimum condition limit is 3%?

If remaining tt is below that it is mate, is using below min condition limit.

Not trying to say is right or wrong, just looks like coding error/ oversight on Ma's part. After vtol party etc, i can't blame anyone for using that tt - just seems is error/oversight from MA.

Not the first time either :d, and probably not the last. :)

All your armor and guns goes a little past minimum tt too!!!!!!!

SO does the amps, but in NO case do they go PAST ZERO tt, which is what the OP is errantly saying!

By saying that 20 ped tt left on an amp is treated like 60 ped of decay is insane, the OP is saying that we are getting 40 ped of decay for free, which means theoretically, the amp has 40 hidden tt which it clearly doesn't!!!!

Last edited:
It CAN give the 20 to just one claim IF that person deserved one that size (meaning some other multiplier was forcing the claim size up a bit)...but in general, it rarely gives a full 20 to MORE than one claim found on the final drop. (It would only do so when some other multiplier was at play...)

The only way to test it is to see 10-12 final drops on L13's where 2 or more claims were found.

Then you would see the pattern, the multiple finds would all be smaller, and then these people would stop thinking so ridiculously.

It is much harder to see when just looking at one claim on the final drop.

Only the last drop with only 20 tt left matters. Before then there should definitely be no claim below the normal minimum.

All your armor and guns goes a little past minimum tt too!!!!!!!

SO does the amps, but in NO case do they go PAST ZERO tt, which is what the OP is errantly saying!

Yes maybe a pec or so - not to zero though. Also as i mentioned i have got back after amped run and seen tt is unusually low for stub end of amp - and thinking about it was usually on ark, just never thought beyond that. Not really mined a lot last couple years, been hunting more these days but still drop some time to time.

Would be hard/impossible for us players to establish for sure whether this gives a big advantage or not, like i said only MA knows for sure one way or the other.

No point getting all heated about it Taco, MA will either change or not change. The bit the OP says about people using 2nd ava's to drop stubs of amps though does hint that it does give some advantage - but whether it is truth or fantasy i/we don't know.

Last edited:
Yeah try your language IRL and we will see how many times you get stabbed in one day! I will always have a problem with internet heros like you

If no advantage given using this method, than NP! Can MA staff pls confirm this???

Reactions: das
Only the last drop with only 20 tt left matters. Before then there should definitely be no claim below the normal minimum.

You can still occasionally find a roughly half-normal size claim running 13's...I have got plenty of sizable with 13's for ores only on planetside...but yes, only the last drop matters for testing. Big amps tho can do a weird half size claim now and then though on the normal drops.

Yeah try your language IRL and we will see how many times you get stabbed in one day! I will always have a problem with internet heros like you

If no advantage given using this method, than NP! Can MA staff pls confirm this???

Well then I guess I am lucky that only in the forums do people that have no clue what they are talking about try to start shit with people that DO know what they are talking about.

And I guess I am lucky that no one in my RL is remotely as braindead as 70% of the people that use this forum.

And lastly, only a very few people have I truly attacked...the rest is just how I talk...it might sound rough but it isn't.

Last edited:

People from different places express themselves differently, i think that is all that it is with taco's posts. We all get passionate about the game, and text loses context - something can read as aggressive but not be meant in that way.

I've had to PM people time to time for same reason - where i am from is quite a harsh dialect of english - very direct. So when typing head to keyboard - especially when heated debate i can come accross as quite cutting, but is just the way we speak in nottingham, uk.

The town i was brought up in was where the movement to smash up machines started during the industrial revolution (the Luddites) :D, we also had cheese riots if our cheese was late lol.

Last edited:
People from different places express themselves differently, i think that is all that it is with taco's posts. We all get passionate about the game, and text loses context - something can read as aggressive but not be meant in that way.

I've had to PM people time to time for same reason - where i am from is quite a harsh dialect of english - very direct. So when typing head to keyboard - especially when heated debate i can come accross as quite cutting, but is just the way we speak in nottingham, uk.

The town i was brought up in was where the movement to smash up machines started during the industrial revolution (the Luddites) :D, we also had cheese riots if our cheese was late lol.

Thank you for that...

I like the town you live in, sounds like people stood up for what they believed :)

In my town, near Chicago, in Illinois, if you look at someone weird, they will shoot you, and walk away like nothing happened...but if you call out some bullshitter, some thief, some exploiter or some scammer, if you stand up for what is right, and man-up when you make mistakes, then the whole town get's behind you to fight..black, white, hispanic, it doesn't matter. Because no one here stands for bullshit lies, for weak-spined weasels with sinister intentions, or the stupid people that believe or follow them.

So yeah, I might go off the deep end when I see bullshit...hell I was even totally wrong once a few months ago and made a sincere apology... but when I am right, and I usually am, I have no patience, especially when I see someone try to troll with lies, and I see the people blindly following him.

I guess I could write stuff nicer....but then it's just meaningless words on paper with no passion :) I HAVE to show my passion for this because I KNOW I am right. If you don't see someone go off the deep end trying to fix a misconception, then that person simply doesn't know or care enough in the first place.

I have seen more than enough evidence to know beyond a reasonable doubt it does not give any advantage to triple bomb the last drop of a L13...therefore anyone who says otherwise shouldn't be talking about it in the first place, because if they had enough damn experience, they would see the exact same evidence that me and many others have seen.

So all this thread was is a empty pile of bullshit, filled with inexperienced people trying to blame someone for their loses, and frankly, if I offended ANY of people like THAT....then no big deal...if they are too dumb to see the truth, then I don't care about them.

If my tone gets in the way of the facts with any of the people in this thread, then they aren't man enough or thick-skinned or rational enough for me to give a flying fuck about.

SO fuck this I am out until MA responds to the support cases, and you all see how you were duped by the dumbfuck OP.

Status
Back