How one small exploit ruined all Entropia market in 3 years.

Status
jcnyq.jpg

We still need to reach the 100 pages :wise:

Hope the Devs/MA are skimming this long thread. Knowing MA, they'll fix or adjust a mining feature that does not need focusing. Instead, another bug'd mining item/feature will be skewed after some day of trying to introduce 'under water mining' and even space mining some day. Who knows, we might even be able to drop probes from driving in our land vehicles for 50% less decay as the next silly so called 'exploit' will be discovered (does not exist and j/k). One can only hope that all this be sorted out soon and not in 10+ years. (Never mind... MA did a patch update, lets see how this pans out, gl all).

In work on reaching page 83, LOL.

Last edited:
Yes.
close thread please.
and if possible would be nice to delete it.
no future actions needed, to save EU reputation it is better that this thread , or exploit never was existed.

if moderators agree what i sayd, do actions wht is needed.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ktpsmf again.

well done mate! fastest fix iv seen reported on forum.:yay:

Please ban Ktpsmf from PCF.
This thread was complete bullshit, without any evidence, and this is not the 1st thread like this from him.
Threads like this damage the game.
Ktpsmf repeatedly says he doesn't play, so he doesn't need to be here!

-Rep for trolling, flaming, and some other *ings that I can't think of right now.

A fitting picture, anyone who can't see that using this would lead to an economic advantage for the player is just bad at math.

"we can assure everyone that no overall economic advantage against Mindark was gained in such situations"

Fixed it for them.

One "bug" down.... Next! :yay:LOL.

Not really an exploit as it never gave an advantage, but a bug as it was not meant to be used to the end. :laugh:

Whats the next unicorn shit storm? :beerchug:

if it didnt give a advantage why they fix it they didnt loose anything just the players

if it didnt give a advantage why they fix it they didnt loose anything just the players
It only took 3 years. If they were to lose any money from this, it wouldn't have taken so long.

As for players losing money, I would have to say it was most likely people using the bug that lost. ;)

Still waiting to see what the Unicorn has to say from all his tests. :yup:

Plus what MA said in their patch notes. :)

Giving MA's statement the benefit of the doubt, it actually could be correct, in case it makes sense to (years after the fact) finally fix the amps (and finders?) so you get 100% effect of, and 100% decay on, any and all of the three types you select to search for.

But that requires you trust them to be honest.

lol ok...

i will "accept" what they say..
and be glad that this is fixed..

(although i am sure they would NEVER admit that such exploit didv exist for long time)
i still didn't see any 1/3xAmp claim and will never have the chance to see now...

i guess we can close this thread now

by the way i can assure you that i am a 14 year old girl but i made some operations yesterday to keep it consistent..

Maybe better not. There is similar bug with refiners - if u refine huge amounts of ore/matter and TT of refiner is to low to cover it all it will give you refined thing for part of cost u shall expect from refiner ( or at least it was like that...maybe MA fixed that). Looking how this bug is working i bet there is some weapons u can shoot for free to (just hard to repair gun each shot...hehehe )

Lets not make this about who is wrong or right...

I think the end result is a lot of people will be more likely to play now, and that is all that matters.

I learned that the OP had a point. But that point gets diluted when too many accusations are made without data. Next time, make your point without calling people exploiters and I will make mine without calling people dipshits :)

I myself learned that attacking people is not effective. And writing like a know-it-all stops many people from reading what I wrote.

Data and rational discussion are the only important things. From now on that will be all I try to deal with in crazy threads like these.

I hated the OP and some of his croonies before this...but I respect what he did, because the end result was good for the game.

So in the future, I will not let my choice of words get louder than the meaning of the words...I learned that even if someone has their name in my spiral notebook of people I hate...I need to listen more to the words, and less to my urges for flamboyant taco-smashes.

Thank you to all who support me, and those that don't, I still want to thank you for being here and caring about the game.

:swoon:

Fuckin A! I almost forgot the pink thing!

Last edited:
Maybe better not. There is similar bug with refiners - if u refine huge amounts of ore/matter and TT of refiner is to low to cover it all it will give you refined thing for part of cost u shall expect from refiner ( or at least it was like that...maybe MA fixed that). Looking how this bug is working i bet there is some weapons u can shoot for free to (just hard to repair gun each shot...hehehe )

i didn't say i fully believe that it was not exploit...i said i "accept" what they say..in the end everyone can say whatever they want when the whole thing is away...

when was it ever that they fixed something "irrelevant" in hotfix that quick? (sure you can argue it was 3 years but 6!! days after it became pulic?)...
simple statement would have been enough...
i don't know...lol

and what does "overall economy" mean? full game all in all out? person all in all out? so there is personal lootpool? % mu of ores?

as i said i am just glad they fixed..

if this really would have been exploit:
banning anyone isn't working, lots have used without even thinking it could be exploit whenever they burned full amp..and the ppl which could have made lots of money with it do it with lots of alts and most of the "stolen" money is already on their bank accounts a long long time...

how stupid would MA be to say "yes, we allowed this exploit for 3 years.."...lol the damage would have been immense...perhaps game breaking...

if they didn't say anything and just fixed would be really bad too..

Last edited:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...272534-Entropia-Universe-15-2-2-Release-Notes

By Bertha Bot

attached amplifier's condition was lower than required to provide full amplification for all selected search types, the loot calculation was modified based on remaining condition and selected search types. Though we cannot discuss in detail the inner workings of the loot algorithm, we can assure everyone that no overall economic advantage was gained in such situations. However, in order to present a more consistent and transparent user experience when employing mining finders with amplifiers attached, searches will now be limited according to the remaining condition of the attached amplifier and search types selected.

Now we know what we need to know....Time to pay back MA.

This is only logical explanation to make this pach so fast in mining now only a few days after this Writing here.

:twocents:

Last edited:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...272534-Entropia-Universe-15-2-2-Release-Notes

By Bertha Bot

attached amplifier's condition was lower than required to provide full amplification for all selected search types, the loot calculation was modified based on remaining condition and selected search types. Though we cannot discuss in detail the inner workings of the loot algorithm, we can assure everyone that no overall economic advantage was gained in such situations. However, in order to present a more consistent and transparent user experience when employing mining finders with amplifiers attached, searches will now be limited according to the remaining condition of the attached amplifier and search types selected.

Now we know what we need to know....Time to pay back MA.

This is only logical explanation to make this pach so fast in mining now only a few days after this Writing here.

:twocents:

The "we can assure everyone that no overall economic advantage was gained in such situations. " smells a bit BS :p

ok, now that we are at it..

MA, could you wipeout Explosive Projectile BP completly from the game ?
Thanks!

Last edited:
The "we can assure everyone that no overall economic advantage was gained in such situations. " smells a bit BS :p

ONLY thing MA and any other company caring at least bit about their image under such circumstances could do was make fix asap and state such calming down comunicate that everything is and whats more important WAS ok. Even if that's lie or not full truth.

There were few reasons for that not only PR ones. Sit back in your chair, close eyes and imagine you are someone important in MA HQ and receiving info about such bug. Think what would you do. Go into MA's shoes for a while.

After such statement like we get :

1. Not involved to much players after finding that thread and reding MA statement will remain that all is ok and under control.
2. Those few involved if they keep continue will get soon "stupid/conspiracy/tin foil hat" badge and will go unnoticed.
3. You cut potential loot revealing mechanisms to minimum (yes minimum not complete hide as there is few things we can deduce about how loot works from that case and MA statement
4. You cut off potential demands for compensation and tonnes of works with logs to do so ( 3 years )

There are also few thing which clearly shows MA is lying or not telling whole truth. Everyone with normal IQ and above ,Who is not blind fanboy have seen few things :

1. Why so urgent patch (behind any schedule) to fix it if all was ok all those years.
2. Why commenting on loot corection mechanism if all was ok ? Comunity cant get answers on much older cases and here *BAM* sudenly we have official statement and fix after few days.
3. Many ppl knew about this some used it some not, Taco experiment was 1st to show it on forum.
4. Eve experiment with large sample and whats more important conducted by person who started it with intention to show there is no bug ...and his ban :)

...say and think what you want but MA is simply not honest here. Their problems with admitting even obvios mistakes and take responsibility for them is legendary. This time one is not different. It's in top 5 MA bloomers ALL TIME HIGH :)

This was the last post. After that - ban.
Hello Unicorns. I see you have fun.

Sorry in advance, but I did unicorned today during repairing of one amp, and repaired it fully. Hard to always keep concentration on such unicorning.

Especially when Interface Usability in such beautiful "game" is top-notch, like: decaying PRU just upon equipping it and not even use, and interface of PRU (and stationary one too) by default "repair to 100%", which is utterly unicorning.

Back to numbers:

OFShdJA.png

TT in: 1082.40 PED
TT out: 1077.28 PED
return: 0.995% (greedy unicorns!)

All decay of tools and stuff not included as irrelevant, also there is 20 "non-unicorned" drops out of 200.

600 drops left, will start today for sure those.

Need to go now, happy unicorning.

As you all can see, there's nothing special in this particular post. Logic dictates, this wasn't the reason he got banned. The question is, what was the reason?

Everything seems to point to one direction - the initiative (or order, if u wish) must have came from outside PCF.

God i hate if those things happen! Why the good guys always get hit and the real culprits walk away smiling... :mad:

This was the last post. After that - ban.

As you all can see, there's nothing special in this particular post. Logic dictates, this wasn't the reason he got banned. The question is, what was the reason?

Everything seems to point to one direction - the initiative (or order, if u wish) must have came from outside PCF.

God i hate if those things happen! Why the good guys always get hit and the real culprits walk away smiling... :mad:

This......... :
dr3w was temp banned for 7 days by me due to repeated violations of the forum rules. A quick review of his post history for the past several weeks (or even months) will reveal how well deserved this temp ban was. Nearly every post of his contains an insult directed at another member, or a rude or belittling comment. Such behavior is not acceptable on PlanetCalypsoForum and will not be tolerated.

Just to be clear, dr3w's ban had nothing to do with the mining exploit issue. More importantly, behavior that warants a temp ban from the forum will not be overlooked simply because a member is conducting a mining experiment.

Dr3w got like "unicorned" ?

Last edited:
Status
Back