How one small exploit ruined all Entropia market in 3 years.

Status

ktpsmf

Prowler
Society
just a visitor
not playing
Hello entropians,
I got back for vacation from my work to homeland, and now have some time to read your posts,
and of course to reveal some sabotage secrets for you.

Today I will try to describe you how little small mining exploit ruined entropia economy and noone even smelled what happened.

3-4 years ago there was a guy from Poland, named by HP company laptop name :)
some old players knows what I talk about, he found exploit that he could put lvl 13(L) amp to armor part, and repair it , and use again.

Rumors says that guy got uber rich by doing it.
but wait ? did he got uber rich only because he not played markup on lvl 13 amp ?

at first if you start reading my post to end i want you to warn , than there is 2 things i want you to notice (forum rules forbid me to do this)

1. I cannot reveal exploiters names
2. I cannot guarantee that all my story is 100% correct because i can make some mistakes.

So,
the ferry tail starts.

hardly, by not paying markup on some L stuff will make you rich. After banning "exploiters" people in game asked each other , what is really happened?

ones sayd that there was people washing bad mafia money trough entropia, others said they invented lvl 13 amp with no decay.

Mindark programmers fixed bug, banned exploits, but guess what ? Mindark fixed not everything.
Main source of exploit still exists, and people who know it , just made your awesome game poor, what you have now.

As i understand this 3 years working exploit made huge profits for allot people who did understood how it work and how to use it.

It is very simple.
User X buys an amp [Level 13 Finder Amplifier (L)] 340 ped tt. decays it to 20 ped tt. since 20 ped tt is needed to drop 1 bomb, if you drop enmaters,ores,and arciology - amp will decay 60 ped.

but guess what, when you leave 20 ped on lvl 13 amp, no matter if you put only 1 ore to search, or all 3 (that should decay 60 ped) , but amp cannot be -40 ped tt form 20tt, that is why amp decays in both ways only to simple 0 ped tt.

but miner gets 3 claims (ores,enmaters, archiology).

some exploiters collect 20 ped tt lvl 13 amps and goes to arkadia when they have enough to mine,
some uses it every amp just need to not forget to count or see when amp reaches 20 ped tt .

but this is not a smartest ones.

Smartest ones are biggest miners in eu :) but no one knows them :p.
because being smartest in game :
1. They craft a lot amps themselves
2. They mine amps to 20ped (lvl13) themselves
3. Then creates new avatar
4. reaches level 20 on them by ending disciples and using low level amps (by the way it works on all amps so reached lvl 8 they already exploit level 10 amps).
5. After reaching level 20, they put shitloads of amps that has only 20 ped tt value.
6. Goes to best mining area (because they are ubers, they know where to mine) and gets an uber (20k+) hof :D

simple enough ?
no it is retarded.
All eu players goes to entropia life than, looks for that "uber alt" name, looks that he has total loot only HOFS and nothing more, describes it as NOOB LUCK.

Than all EU blames Mindark that thy give UBERS to new avatars :D

And Mindark officers sits on the des, and don’t knows what to do , because all community are -reping mindark , and they even don’t know why it is happening.

1. exploiters steals 40ped from loot pool every single drop.
2. mindark does not see who to blame because UBER miners not involved, because using other avatars that absolutely seems innocent. (afraid of uber avatar ban , noone afraid of jsut created noob avatar ban)
3. all lootpool suffer from few people that knows how to hack system.

there is ferry tail ends.

by having this exploit over 3 years Entropia Unverse lost alot in TT.

what this made you to do ? did you see ath in game and go to entropia life to chek if it was noob? and 99% you already know it is noob avatar? than you already damaged:))

Since there is loot pool , that server only calculated return, people started to suffer big tt losses, and mindark seen nothing.

This is one , simple exploit that ruined Eu Economics in 3 years, and no one to blame here.

p.s. i believe same works with ul amps too , just need to repir it only for 1 drop.

and i did not wanted to insult any, it is simple fix , and if someone feels that i am doing right by posting all my knowlage here , thankyou for your support.

that today exploit exist confirmed :

d class works - calypso tested 2015.03.20 not been fixed 3+ years
lvl 13 works - calypso tested calypso 2015.03.19 not been fixed 3+ years

TO MAKE SHORTCUT for people , thankyou taco for real test results :

Ok, so here is what I saw.

Kestukis, was probably right. At least about the full ampage occurring. There I said it. I feel that it is still a function of tt in vs out, and in the end it won't provide much advantage. Heck, res is tt food now, and you get 100 ped mu if you craft it full tt in this current market. So making them at minimum condition is silly if you are only gaining 40 ped anyhow. I don't see this being an exploit. It might be to trade them to alts, because I think alts are, but I will not say this is an exploit for any of us to do it. Like I said I think the tt out is going to be what it is no matter what you do in this game. It takes what it wants no matter what you do.

I will say that it certainly doesn't seem to function like I thought it would. The amps I saw in the past always led me to believe that the last drop was lower, and therefore the game was giving back smaller amounts on those last drops. Perhaps this was a function of me not doing enough double or triple drops with L 13s in the past, and also likely getting the smaller half-claims coincidentally on the last drop. Either way, I never saw enough to believe what the OP said. But today I think I did. I won't apologize for saying what I saw in the past, because that's what I saw, wrong or right. Of course I apologize for swear words and the name calling, but it just pissed me off so much to be called an exploiter simply because I believed that the game was dealing with the low tt final drop in a proper way. I truly thought that. It seems I was probably wrong.

Also, I just lost a ton to test this, so I hope that shows that I do care about getting to the bottom of this issue and finding out the truth since MA refused to, and the OP didn't offer any.

Anyways here were the results:

10 L 13's full tt and 2 20 ped tt one I got from someone who wanted to help the test.
4550 amp cost and like 180 in probes and decay. ( I didn't watch these costs closely as I was too sidetracked and trying to get shit done)

So rough cost was 4730...I got back 2282 tt plus a 32 ped sword with around 520 mu. So about 2834 back plus the mu of the stones.

45 were regular size claims varying between 45 ped and 86, most were 55-60. 4 claims were the smaller than normal half-claims that we see occasionally. As I said in the thread earlier, I tend to see those half claims every 2-3 amps.

However, I fully expected much smaller drops to occur very commonly on the final drops. This didn't happen.

For the 12 amps that I triple dropped with 20 ped remaining tt, (done in 2 groups of 6) the results were:
1. NRF
2. 45 ped Angelic 48 Gang 65 chem
3. 63 ped chemset
4. 63 ped chemset
5. NRF
6. 66 Garcen
7. 33 Aarkan, 48 Garcen, and a Dehera Immolation with 32 tt...(this tt presumable comes from the aarkan find which explains why this one find was smaller.)
8. 66 Lida
9. NRF
10. 86 Khor
11. NRF
12. NRF

What this shows is exactly opposite of what I thought. They all seemed to be in the normal range of find size for a regular drop on that amp.

Yes it is still a small sample size...but tbh, it seems that the last drops are fully amping even when 20 tt remains.

The benefit to this...I doubt it is as great as OP claims. All you do with L13's is lose your ass. I think any avatars returns are still what they would be with that amp regardless. I have NEVER hit a big claim with a L13, and from all I see, most ATH's are with L5's 7's and stuff like that....Idk. Either way I think that there may be something that needs an explanation from MA and that's why I did this test.

L13's suck, and I would never use them again after this shit, even if there is extra drops there at the end. 40 ped isn't worth the 100 ped mu per amp. I have never got a good hit with them...maybe that's because the L13 loot pool is so sparse due to people crafting them at 50 tt and doing what the OP says. :)

Either way, that fucking sucked. I am tired and I will prob add more to this later, but for now I just want to go punch the wall.

dr3w test post :

Sorry, I fucked up a bit and stopped LBML tracking stats, and started again. Anyway, who interested in those stupid hitrates and other stuff - calc yourselves:

CGUOT2m.png
vfnUJuU.png

So, there is 200 double-drops of "exploited" lvl7

3.68 each repair, but first one I fucked up a bit - it was 4.59
total decay of amp only summarized is 736.91 ped, + 300 ped of probes (100 enmatt and 200 ore) = 1036.91PED spent total. (I skipping drilling & finder part as irrelevant to "exploit" and also TT of PRU)

Total TT as return: 1462.12 so it makes 141% return.

By the way: "non-exploited" run TT in is 1500 PED exactly, so in "non-exploiting" it "would be" 97% return, which also "confirms" that "exploit" is here. For Unicorns.

And that is the moment when Unicorns should start celebrating, since they don't know a unicorn about mining at all.

Meanwhile, I have 800 drops ahead. 200 drops for me is nothing, and even 10k. But if such picture will last for whole road to 1k, then I will admit presence of a problem.

Last edited:
interesting..

This is the reason why i see no point playing fair when the only people getting rewarded are the ones exploiting the system

So you're saying that an amp that has enough TT value for only 1 drop will allow 3 drops - ore energy archeology?

That means the user gets 2 amped drops for free?

This is the reason why i see no point playing fair when the only people getting rewarded are the ones exploiting the system

Dude. That is the most succinct analysis of capitalism I've ever seen.

so you're saying that an amp that has enough tt value for only 1 drop will allow 3 drops - ore energy archeology?

eureka!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: das
Hello entropians,
I got back for vacation from my work to homeland, and now have some time to read your posts,
and of course to reveal some sabotage secrets for you.

Today I will try to describe you how little small mining exploit ruined entropia economy and noone even smelled what happened.

3-4 years ago there was a guy from Poland, named by HP company laptop name :)
some old players knows what I talk about, he found exploit that he could put lvl 13(L) amp to armor part, and repair it , and use again.

Rumors says that guy got uber rich by doing it.
but wait ? did he got uber rich only because he not played markup on lvl 13 amp ?

at first if you start reading my post to end i want you to warn , than there is 2 things i want you to notice (forum rules forbid me to do this)

1. I cannot reveal exploiters names
2. I cannot guarantee that all my story is 100% correct because i can make some mistakes.

So,
the ferry tail starts.

hardly, by not paying markup on some L stuff will make you rich. After banning "exploiters" people in game asked each other , what is really happened?

ones sayd that there was people washing bad mafia money trough entropia, others said they invented lvl 13 amp with no decay.

Mindark programmers fixed bug, banned exploits, but guess what ? Mindark fixed not everything.
Main source of exploit still exists, and people who know it , just made your awesome game poor, what you have now.

As i understand this 3 years working exploit made huge profits for allot people who did understood how it work and how to use it.

It is very simple.
User X buys an amp [Level 13 Finder Amplifier (L)] 340 ped tt. decays it to 20 ped tt. since 20 ped tt is needed to drop 1 bomb, if you drop enmaters,ores,and arciology - amp will decay 60 ped.

but guess what, when you leave 20 ped on lvl 13 amp, no matter if you put only 1 ore to search, or all 3 (that should decay 60 ped) , but amp cannot be -40 ped tt form 20tt, that is why amp decays in both ways only to simple 0 ped tt.

but miner gets 3 claims (ores,enmaters, archiology).

some exploiters collect 20 ped tt lvl 13 amps and goes to arkadia when they have enough to mine,
some uses it every amp just need to not forget to count or see when amp reaches 20 ped tt .

but this is not a smartest ones.

Smartest ones are biggest miners in eu :) but no one knows them :p.
because being smartest in game :
1. They craft a lot amps themselves
2. They mine amps to 20ped (lvl13) themselves
3. Then creates new avatar
4. reaches level 20 on them by ending disciples and using low level amps (by the way it works on all amps so reached lvl 8 they already exploit level 10 amps).
5. After reaching level 20, they put shitloads of amps that has only 20 ped tt value.
6. Goes to best mining area (because they are ubers, they know where to mine) and gets an uber (20k+) hof :D

simple enough ?
no it is retarded.
All eu players goes to entropia life than, looks for that "uber alt" name, looks that he has total loot only HOFS and nothing more, describes it as NOOB LUCK.

Than all EU blames Mindark that thy give UBERS to new avatars :D

And Mindark officers sits on the des, and don’t knows what to do , because all community are -reping mindark , and they even don’t know why it is happening.

1. exploiters steals 40ped from loot pool every single drop.
2. mindark does not see who to blame because UBER miners not involved, because using other avatars that absolutely seems innocent.
3. all lootpool suffer from few people that knows how to hack system.

there is ferry tail ends.

by having this exploit over 3 years Entropia Unverse lost alot in TT.

what this made you to do ? did you see ath in game and go to entropia life to chek if it was noob? and 99% you already know it is noob avatar? than you already damaged:))

Since there is loot pool , that server only calculated return, people started to suffer big tt losses, and mindark seen nothing.

This is one , simple exploit that ruined Eu Economics in 3 years, and no one to blame here.

p.s. i believe same works with ul amps too , just need to repir it only for 1 drop.

and i did not wanted to insult any, it is simple fix , and if someone feels that i am doing right by posting all my knowlage here , thankyou for your support.

First of all Welcome back OP, you werent missed :D

Yeah those two polish guys (one Hp guy and his friend ) really did the trick you named, although i didnt knew what they used to repair it.

But the new exploit, how do you know it has been here for 3 years? And did you report it 3 years ago, as far as i know it was bannable offense not contacting Support about this. (according to EULA)

And you sure it works like this, i would presumed it says "Amp tt is too low to be used"

Atleast it looks like it is very easy for MA to catch these culprits and ban em forever.. So are you sure everything you say is 100% true? If yes, then we should expect lots of bans soon.

So you're saying that an amp that has enough TT value for only 1 drop will allow 3 drops - ore energy archeology?

Yeah, i think that is what they are saying.

I was one of those that thought they had a none decaying lv 13 amp. I was not aware of the repairable ones, not that i knew either way, just that something was possibly up, or they had an unlimited ped supply lol.

But i think it is good to point MA towards this thread. This system will not survive on negative tt returns for MA

Rgds

Ace

First of all Welcome back OP, you werent missed :D

Yeah those two polish guys (one Hp guy and his friend ) really did the trick you named, although i didnt knew what they used to repair it.

But the new exploit, how do you know it has been here for 3 years? And did you report it 3 years ago, as far as i know it was bannable offense not contacting Support about this. (according to EULA)

And you sure it works like this, i would presumed it says "Amp tt is too low to be used"

1. it was reported, and i am not playing so unless ban forum acc :)
2. as i heard from rumors it is still waiting (yesterdays news)

damn,if this is true then thats an mighty peddrain in 3 years

i knew of those polish guys and the ul level13 amp,but i didnt know the rest of your posting

But i think it is good to point MA towards this thread. This system will not survive on negative tt returns for MA

you dont get it :)
ma do not lose a pec here,
since exploiter gets tt that not belongs to him, other player not gets it.

mindark gets his % fom all economy , but exploiter forces to get more tt than he should , in other word he steal from regular other player , because loot pool has nothing to give for regular player that is why other has shity returns.

sorry, my fault i dont know how tio explain to be clear.

Last time I mined this was not true. At least with smaller amps

Should be quick and easy to confirm unless there are several other steps involved.

This bug reminds me of the good old drone bug that was fixed long ago. If this is true, I do hope that MindArk would fix it as soon as possible.

I own a level 1 UL amp, and when it runs out it always has the "cannot use until repaired" message for all the years I've had it. Never noticed any discrepancies or extra amount out of it. Curious to check though.

So it would be to wear it down to one last drop left, then switch to find all resources?

Should be quick and easy to confirm unless there are several other steps involved.

This bug reminds me of the good old drone bug that was fixed long ago. If this is true, I do hope that MindArk would fix it as soon as possible.

1. amp lvl 13 (20 tt ) was able to drop ores + enmaters (confirmed yesterday by one player)

others not tested so it is called ferry tail an di have no chance to test it.

I own a level 1 UL amp, and when it runs out it always has the "cannot use until repaired" message for all the years I've had it. Never noticed any discrepancies or extra amount out of it. Curious to check though.

So it would be to wear it down to one last drop left, then switch to find all resources?

yes it works like this - 1 search = 1 decay. if your amp decay per ore drop =5 ped , tahn decay amp to leave 5 peds and drop all 3 (should take 15 ped but since there is only 5 ped it takes 5 only)

ahh Gotcha

I'll test this when i get it back from a friend who is borrowing it.

I never really thought about that. I really hope that isn't how the system is working now.

scary.....IF this is true I dunno how to handle such information....I mean....if the reason why all new avatars having all those big hofs is because its exploiters not daring to use their own account exploiting and Im feeding them????

scary.....IF this is true I dunno how to handle such information....I mean....if the reason why all new avatars having all those big hofs is because its exploiters not daring to use their own account exploiting and Im feeding them????

Really am curious about this because I have seen some very strange EntropiaLife accounts, with avatars that are only a few weeks/months old that have a lot of loot. Some more than I have listed after 12 years.

And I would say the time line given fits with the decline in returns and such. I have no doubt that there are people exploiting, and I'm certain MA just doesn't care as long as it doesn't impede with their profits.

i have no idea if huntingpool is shared with mining pool or that all professions have seperate lootpools or that lootpools even exist :)

but during that year where those 2 guys cleaned pool using ul level 13 amp that didnt use any decay,my inventory/storage page went down over 100k so including markup,i have never had such bad results ever

MA doesn't care and they will never comment.

i have no idea if huntingpool is shared with mining pool or that all professions have seperate lootpools or that lootpools even exist :)

i guess one thing is sure, they have some mechanism that prevents that more ped are payed out than put in and takes away a MA share...

i guess one thing is sure, they have some mechanism that prevents that more ped are payed out than put in and takes away a MA share...

yea,i always vieuw it as ma is the pokerroom that takes its rake
and profiting players make profit cause of weaker players

you dont get it :)
ma do not lose a pec here,
since exploiter gets tt that not belongs to him, other player not gets it.

mindark gets his % fom all economy , but exploiter forces to get more tt than he should , in other word he steal from regular other player , because loot pool has nothing to give for regular player that is why other has shity returns.

sorry, my fault i dont know how tio explain to be clear.

Of course MA lose here, where do you think that tt comes from, MA's pocket when they tt it!!!!

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: the players that do this make peds from nothing, it is MA that pays for that

Status
Back