Did people start making macro scripts for AH?

StefanT

Provider
Didnt know where else to post this. Noticed a fiew avatars are biding on AH insane fast like no human can do it and i got one of them "on tape". Why would a person who is playing this game for years do this? Seriously i have a video of that avatar biding in fractions of a second multiple times.

Just waiting for a response from MA to see if i can upload this to youtube, dont want to get in trouble over someone else cheating.

Are you certain it's not an active order? :cool:

Please post MA's response here. ;)

I believe marcos are against EULA, so if there are such things going on im sure they wont go on for long. People doing this need to be aware they are risking there entire account if what they are doing breaks EULA

So everyone doing anything close to it should read the terms of use agreement and be 100% sure whatever they are doing is not breaking the rules.

Yes, there have been auction bots for years.

However don't confuse the automated things in game for that. :)

I think they exist, but I think it's more about keeping an eye on the auction. Just a guess, but I think those bots work more like, refreshing the page with last created offers and expiring offers, doing an OCR of it, and warn the "master puppy" if there is an item posted that fullfill certain conditions.

As for "cannot be coded", I've been told long time ago, someone made a bot that skilled coloring and farming disciples with it. It went so far that MA removed storage boxes (and orange paint) from the trade terminal because of this.

As for "cannot be coded", I've been told long time ago, someone made a bot that skilled coloring and farming disciples with it. It went so far that MA removed storage boxes (and orange paint) from the trade terminal because of this.

I don't think the boxes were removed due to a skilling bot. The boxes and orange paint were removed IIRC because you could buy orange paint from the TT, buy a storage box, color the box, bleach the box, and repeat without causing any decay. So you could color skill for free.

Now maybe someone wrote a script to exploit that bug but it was the bug and not the exploit that was the issue.

Now maybe someone wrote a script to exploit that bug but it was the bug and not the exploit that was the issue.

A normal player would probably think "boring". On the other hand, someone having a bot could do one box/second, way faster than a normal player would. And use this to farm disciples (for very nice mentor edition items). Back at those days, graduation for non-hunting professions were at 200 skill points (that limit was later increased to 600 skill points).

Auction bots do not exist it simply cannot be coded.

Ive seen many of them :D

Can not be coded is simply so wrong since its all code and allmost everything can be done, and when there are real money on stake theres an ever stronger reason for writing such.

Auction bots do not exist it simply cannot be coded.

That's hilarious. This is not a real life auction with real people checking in, listening, looking around, and raising sticks to bid. This is a network-based, computer-generated text interface auction with GUI.

A little OCR, a database, and some simple script engine like autoplay (IIRC) can accomplish many things. Where there's a profit to be made, ingenuity finds a way.

Yes if you want to bid on one specific item like animal oil try coding it for multiple things, This is why auction bots on the game diablo3 failed it could not be done, I should probably rephrase, it can be done for ONE SPECIFIC item only.

Yes if you want to bid on one specific item like animal oil try coding it for multiple things, This is why auction bots on the game diablo3 failed it could not be done, I should probably rephrase, it can be done for ONE SPECIFIC item only.

Ehhh...

just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I know of none, but as pointed out it would be possible. I don't see what makes you think it wouldn't work?

Ehhh...

just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I know of none, but as pointed out it would be possible. I don't see what makes you think it wouldn't work?

i think something in this picture is shown as aukcion bot

i think something in this picture is shown as aukcion bot

If you read my post again, you'll find that I acknowledge the possibility for its existence as I see no reason why it would not be possible, meaning that in this thread we are on the same page.

If you read my post again, you'll find that I acknowledge the possibility for its existence as I see no reason why it would not be possible, meaning that in this thread we are on the same page.

this is not a reply to your post , i just added your pos that i agree with you and have proof to believe in your words.

Where does ths kptsmpf get all these screens and info about cheats while not playing. Forum admin should send his ip to MA to check whether any active account is linked and ban it.

But yes au bots exist and ma is banning them. I have reprted few. Also there was atack on this forum advertising this software about 2 months ago.

you can skill colouring easily with a tool which allows to record and repeat your mouse movements and clicks (like ghoustmouse or such) but EULA says you are not allowed to do so and it would be pretty easy to find out for MA

to code an auction bot is possible for shure but a lot more harder than skilling with such a tool

Where does ths kptsmpf get all these screens and info about cheats while not playing. Forum admin should send his ip to MA to check whether any active account is linked and ban it.

But yes au bots exist and ma is banning them. I have reprted few. Also there was atack on this forum advertising this software about 2 months ago.

mindark knows all i know, it was wrote even in paper and sent to office.

i cannot reveal information source or information that is forbidden to write in forum to not violate eula, tou or forum rules.

Last edited:
i cannot reveal information source or information that is forbidden to write in forum to not violate eula, tou or forum rules.

If (as you say in another thread) you have no avatar, why would you worry about violating EULA/ToU?

By all means... Ban people who point out exploits and cheats. Can't have people bringing those to anyone's attention.

If (as you say in another thread) you have no avatar, why would you worry about violating EULA/ToU?

no need to have avatar to respect rules , eula or ToU.

Id think players would be happy and respectful to people actively exposing exploits and asking for fixes.

Someone using there skills and intelligence to hunt down and track, find and expose damaging exploits to something they are passionate about is normal and should be encouraged.

+100 Rep
Keep up the good work please!

Id think players would be happy and respectful to people actively exposing exploits and asking for fixes.

Someone using there skills and intelligence to hunt down and track, find and expose damaging exploits to something they are passionate about is normal and should be encouraged.

+100 Rep
Keep up the good work please!

Exposing cheats to masses doesnt make MA any good, all these reports should be sent to MA only. To avoid new cases of those glitches being used.

You missed my point in my post, where i asked where is he getting that information, as he clearly has spoken to someone or knows someone who uses those glitches or cheats (thats where the detailed information comes from and screenshots).

I am not against getting rid of glitches (i support it 100%) but i dont want glitches to be advertised on official forum.

Imagine you discover bug that creates UL new peds ingame and you post it here: boom someone with hidden IP uses the information and screws up ingame market really bad (adds 1 000 000 000 peds and buy up everything form auction) ..

Glitches and cheatmethods shouldnt be published unless MA says they are not bugs and are allowed to be used.

Exposing cheats to masses doesnt make MA any good, all these reports should be sent to MA only. To avoid new cases of those glitches being used.

You missed my point in my post, where i asked where is he getting that information, as he clearly has spoken to someone or knows someone who uses those glitches or cheats (thats where the detailed information comes from and screenshots).

I am not against getting rid of glitches (i support it 100%) but i dont want glitches to be advertised on official forum.

Imagine you discover bug that creates UL new peds ingame and you post it here: boom someone with hidden IP uses the information and screws up ingame market really bad (adds 1 000 000 000 peds and buy up everything form auction) ..

Glitches and cheatmethods shouldnt be published unless MA says they are not bugs and are allowed to be used.

Problem with that is this... MA has a habit of not fixing things. If everyone knows about it, they kind of have to make it a priority.

This is the first time I've heard of the issue in the OP. Apparently, MA knew of it as well and... well, they didn't fix it did they? I'm not going to use it, but I am also not going to mine anymore.

I can only tell you that bots will become more bigger and better. "It simply cannot be coded" is a phrase used in movies. This is real life. I have seen bots made by chinese RMT to farm currency in Aion and Blade and soul. That coding alone is more impressive then what Mind Ark alone can do.

Back