Help: Anyone know how to solve this?

This is the floor inside of the port atlantis mall, made a thread about this earlier, but got no answers so Ill try to explain a little more.
the_issue.png

Had to reinstall my computer, ever since I've had the issue where the shading flickers back and forth, making the floor look white, some building textures disapears from the flickering turning them bright. The water is like one big epileptic party, with constant flickering. Trees blink too. Flickers even on safemode.
Haven't changed card or anything like that, just reinstalled, but had to change to home edition, is this the issue? Another computer with home edition has this issue too. Previously I had Windows XP Professional.

Usually this is a textures/shaders/volumetrics quality bug.. just mess with settings a bit.

Have you tried doing a "Repair" under "Tools" in the client loader?

The setting that's responsible for most lighting is somewhat counter-intuitively called "shading quality" (in Options > Advanced). Setting it higher or lower than other settings might help (or make it worse - but worth a try anyway).

(I haven't had this exact issue, for me the usual problem is "too dark" :))

The setting that's responsible for most lighting is somewhat counter-intuitively called "shading quality" (in Options > Advanced). Setting it higher or lower than other settings might help (or make it worse - but worth a try anyway).

(I haven't had this exact issue, for me the usual problem is "too dark" :))

Repairing did nothing to the issue, putting the shading quality setting on high makes everything look right, but makes it lag allot, I never had it on high before the issue, either.

Repairing did nothing to the issue, putting the shading quality setting on high makes everything look right, but makes it lag allot, I never had it on high before the issue, either.

Tried clearing shader cache in options on loader?

Worth a shot.

There's usually some extra lag after any change in graphic settings as caches are refilled. It might settle down itself. Shading quality on high shouldn't cause much lag unless you're running a GPU with 512K or less RAM.

Speaking of GPU, if you've reinstalled Win, you might want to make sure GPU drivers are up to date.

There's usually some extra lag after any change in graphic settings as caches are refilled. It might settle down itself. Shading quality on high shouldn't cause much lag unless you're running a GPU with 512K or less RAM.

Speaking of GPU, if you've reinstalled Win, you might want to make sure GPU drivers are up to date.
It's about 1 gb of ram on the card, on the ocmputer about 3.2 GB of ram is available for programs. Card is nothing amazing, but nothing I have had issues with before either, Geforce 210. I've tried changing nvidias settings, too. Not really sure of what could of have changed from reinstalling unless I had some sort of setting I didn't know about in nvidia, but I've tried allot of them, even changed card with no result (and changed back cause the other card is not better)

It's about 1 gb of ram on the card, on the ocmputer about 3.2 GB of ram is available for programs. Card is nothing amazing, but nothing I have had issues with before either, Geforce 210. I've tried changing nvidias settings, too. Not really sure of what could of have changed from reinstalling unless I had some sort of setting I didn't know about in nvidia, but I've tried allot of them, even changed card with no result (and changed back cause the other card is not better)

There was a thread similar to this a few weeks back. I'll update this post if I locate it.

This one?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...71050-Dont-know-what-wrong-with-clean-install

Check post #3 by Nor Alien.

There was a thread similar to this a few weeks back. I'll update this post if I locate it.

This one?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...71050-Dont-know-what-wrong-with-clean-install

Check post #3 by Nor Alien.
Those two settings are already on the setting program controlled "programkontollerat"
At the moment all settings are program controlled as I am not using the advanced settings right now as they do no difference in anything. Only way I get any difference is to have the shading on high, which I never had before.

Those two settings are already on the setting program controlled "programkontollerat"
At the moment all settings are program controlled as I am not using the advanced settings right now as they do no difference in anything. Only way I get any difference is to have the shading on high, which I never had before.

Well what I usually suggest at this point is run a graphics card benchmark program like 3dmark. See if that shows up issues. Then install another graphic intensive game, Far Cry / Call of Duty / Assassins Creed, something relatively recent.

If both of them show up fine, bite the bullet and uninstall / reinstall.

Back