We're 3D Models in a 3D World

sibernut

Mature
Society
VTOL Flyers
first cibernut alive
Since starting my adventures in Entropia in December 14 I've been thinking that EU is fairly amazing and that in a sense we're 3D models in a 3D world when we're playing it. My avatar, your avatar, his avatar, her avatar are all 3D CG models rezurected through some CG prog and movement-enabled through clever scripting.
When I log in I'm suddenly part of a location somewhere; itself another 3D model, on say Planet Calypso or ROCKtropia which are themselves 3D models only bigger - and as I walk or run around I see yet more 3D models, such as containers, huts, apartments, gun towers and so on.
If I press a 'button' on the HUD and I'm in first-person view or mode, a realistic looking carbine or some other item with life-like detailing appears in my hands, then suddenly I'm almost face to face with CG drawn creature of some kind that seems to know I'm there ;) I dunno, it's all pretty amazing to me - and I just wonder if we all take it for granted a bit.

Since starting my adventures in Entropia in December 14 I've been thinking that EU is fairly amazing and that in a sense we're 3D models in a 3D world when we're playing it. My avatar, your avatar, his avatar, her avatar are all 3D CG models rezurected through some CG prog and movement-enabled through clever scripting.
When I log in I'm suddenly part of a location somewhere; itself another 3D model, on say Planet Calypso or ROCKtropia which are themselves 3D models only bigger - and as I walk or run around I see yet more 3D models, such as containers, huts, apartments, gun towers and so on.
If I press a 'button' on the HUD and I'm in first-person view or mode, a realistic looking carbine or some other item with life-like detailing appears in my hands, then suddenly I'm almost face to face with CG drawn creature of some kind that seems to know I'm there ;) I dunno, it's all pretty amazing to me - and I just wonder if we all take it for granted a bit.

Good to see you are enjoying even the small parts of a huge environment
I hope you will enjoy it for a long long time!

And if you play a bit too much, when you finally go outside and walk around, you'll be struck by how lifelike and detailed the graphics are in the world. ;)

Been there, done that. :laugh:

I guess the moral of the story is, don't take anything for granted and life will be more amazing.

What do you mean, theres something else out there? :confused:

Reactions: SHY
The Bils, bathroom, food.
You shud log in in real world at least once a month lol

Really? I didn't know :(

computer-toilet-50964508740.png

And if you play a bit too much, when you finally go outside and walk around, you'll be struck by how lifelike and detailed the graphics are in the world. ;)

What strikes me most in that "real" world is the lack of 3rd person view :)

Yeah I've found myself wishing for that regularly. Also, it would be nice to be able to TP and go get a quick avatar adjustment.

Also, some days I wake up and wish I regenerated faster. :cool:

Or you wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up , wake up in the morning ...

Darn lag ... :mad:

:tongue2:

Despite my avatars rough life on Calypso, I enjoy that he doesn't seem to have the same debilitating aches and pains that I do from knocking around over the years :laugh:

Good to see you are enjoying even the small parts of a huge environment
I hope you will enjoy it for a long long time!

Thanks! I'm sure I'll be in it for many years:)

Been there, done that. :laugh:

I guess the moral of the story is, don't take anything for granted and life will be more amazing.

Yes, and what's really spooky is when someone in the street walking towards you is in a similar get-up to what someone in-game was wearing :eek:

I'm sure someone will develop an ap for that somehow. No idea how, but...:wise:

Yeah I've found myself wishing for that regularly. Also, it would be nice to be able to TP and go get a quick avatar adjustment.

It would indeed just like in Star Trek or the Tomorrow People, but doubt it will ever happen. Maybe with clever use of augmented reality we could bring 'it' closer to us though instead of having to go to it. Maybe I need more sleep :silly2:

Yes, and what's really spooky is when someone in the street walking towards you is in a similar get-up to what someone in-game was wearing :eek:

If you play long enough, at one point you will expect a trade invite message to pop up :laugh:

If you play long enough, at one point you will expect a trade invite message to pop up :laugh:

That would be annoying especially if the person making the trade invite wasn't in the same location.

You're not alone :)
I'm pretty much obsessed since my first experience with 3D worlds tho and that's long time ago!
Messing around with every application there is for 3D content creation and games ofc
Βut at first place, what you said/wrote brought to mind one of my fav's movies,
if you missed I highly recommended to watch it :yup: (production year it is a sign also ^^)

I hope everyones Real World VU's are better then the ones in this game though LOL.....

I'm sure someone will develop an ap for that somehow. No idea how, but...:wise:

Could be done now with microdrones and VR goggles.

If nano technology gets develpoped like some theorize things could get really scary.

Could be done now with microdrones and VR goggles.

If nano technology gets develpoped like some theorize things could get really scary.

That's it, microdrones. Think you hit the nail on the head. A very small microdrone would be hovering above and slightly behind you and any video capture could be sent to a cell phone as well as VR goggles.

Back