Suggestion: Create Caves that open up to bigger and bigger mobs

Ace Flyster

Marauder
Dave Ace Flyster
So here is the basic idea:

Cave system, where you HAVE to clear a room to unlock the next room, and they get progressively harder.

The further down you go, the bigger the mobs, but the crunch is, there is no limit.

All caves are unlocked to the currently furthest down person, if they die, then all rooms lock to the next currently alive person.

And it can get silly, and why not? So the mob levels steadily increase, to thousands and thousands of levels.

It would be a good solo and team challange to see how far we can get.

All posts / suggestions welcome

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: the mobs respawn, but there are clear areas in each room, so you can wait safetly for people to join you to help.

Edit2: furthest person down, is in room 43 they die, the next alive person is in room 35, so all 36 to 43 rooms get locked

There would need to a loot based point to it, like decent chance of decent items the further you go.

Sounds like a few anime I've watched over the years - 'The Tower of Druaga' springs to mind.

EU certainly needs more team stuff rather than the enforced loot sharing. Why not have a boss that drops the loot at the end by the gate otherwise you'll have people camping specific levels just to loot decent items as mobs respawn rather than moving on.

tbh it sounds like a modified wave event, the issue would be the load on the servers keeping each level active.

The other problem would be that MA would be forced to nerf the loot and you'd have people on the forum complaining that they made it level 100 and only got stackables to the whole way. The carry weight of everyone would quickly become a problem so you'd need terminals and storage either on every level or on set floors.

Last edited:
EU certainly needs more team stuff rather than the enforced loot sharing. Why not have a boss that drops the loot at the end by the gate otherwise you'll have people camping specific levels just to loot decent items as mobs respawn rather than moving on.

tbh it sounds like a modified wave event, the issue would be the load on the servers keeping each level active.

The other problem would be that MA would be forced to nerf the loot and you'd have people on the forum complaining that they made it level 100 and only got stackables to the whole way. And the next problem would be the carry weight of everyone so you'd need terminals and storage either on every level or on set floors.

It is like a modified wave event, just trying to think outside the box a bit

Rgds

Ace

The main idea, was to have limitless rooms, to increasing higher level mobs, ie they eventually get ridiculous, and i thought having rooms, 'might' be a good way to go about it.

They don't even have to have special loots, i am sure people will still like to give it a go

Rgds

Ace

Something like this would be fun as a solo or team experience. If it was public you'd just get people following you around not shooting anything till you got to the big/boss mobs.

There wouldn't necessarily need to be anything very special about the loot (by which I mean unlimited/rare items etc), if there was a chance of reasonable markup in the regular loot of the bigger mobs.

More like challenge system where there's a leaderboard showing how far a certain group got or who unlocked that level first.

If it's going to be like that then I wouldn't even bother with newbie mobs near the beginning and start it reasonably high but not too high. If it's like that than I'd say you have to carry what you need in and have no access to storage or terminals.

I might even suggest blocking trading in side to prevent one player acting as storage. If it's going to be a challenge make it a real challenge.

Last edited:
As long as I can find a mutated chirpy at the end I'm happy. :yay:

It hadn't thought about boss mobs, just 5 or 10 mobs of a certain level, which you have to clear, for the next room and a level up.

Rgds

Ace

Maybe not have a safe area, so people dont stay in an area just to keep it unlocked,

Could have notices like:

Current active level: 42
Furthest level reached today: 66
Furthest level ever reached: 352
Etc

Rgds

Ace

Back