Pets

Society
Apocalyptic
Whining Skeptic Aboard
Heya,

I'd like to see some real numbers and explanations behind the numbers from trades with the new rare pets. I know Falagor paid 500, but sold it quick as he was smart enough to realize that they aren't that rare (at least I assume that's how he reasoned).

Yet I keep seeing stuff like 1500 PED for useless pet buyer don't want to be mentioned.

Please someone, explain.

Well, they seem pretty darn rare to me. I spent hours camping the Kanins and none spawned, others at the time suggested similar experiences.

Perhaps they only spawn when particular participants are nearby :confused:

Last edited:
Well, they seem pretty darn rare to me. I spent ours camping the Kanins and none spawned, others at the time suggested similar experiences.

Perhaps they only spawn when particular participants are nearby :confused:

They are rare, yes, but not that rare. All of them with exception of the ruby whatever are a lot more common than the hogglo ones.

Edit: I should add that the bunny has a quite useful buff. But what about the others? And why is Stout such a !!!!?

Last edited:
Heya,

I'd like to see some real numbers and explanations behind the numbers from trades with the new rare pets. I know Falagor paid 500, but sold it quick as he was smart enough to realize that they aren't that rare (at least I assume that's how he reasoned).

Yet I keep seeing stuff like 1500 PED for useless pet buyer don't want to be mentioned.

Please someone, explain.

I bought silver kanin for 500peds and i did not sell it (and i will not sell one even for 2k peds unless i find next one). The reason why i bought it is the +12% run speed buff.

Explanation why:
before recent update i was buying stable buff +8% for 5peds/1week. That was best +% run speed buff and if there was better i would buy it instead.

Now:
- there is +12% run speed buff avaible at stable with cost: 2ped/1day
- passive buff on silver bunny is +12% with cost 1.20pec of extra nutrio consupmtion.

So:
- cost to use +12% buff from stable: 2ped/day + cost of spawning (cheapest has 10pec nutrio metabolic consumption = 10nutrio/hour idle by just beeing spawn and not doing tricks).
- cost to use +12% buff from passive on sivler bunny: 11 + 1.2pec nutrio consumption per hour.

Now lets watch 3 different active players (i advice everyone to check how usefulf +12% buff for them is and do calulation of their game time):
1) very active: playing 10hours/day 5 days a week:
- cost for buff from stable per week: 10peds + 5ped of nutrio (200%) = 20peds/week
- cost for passive buff: 6.10ped of nutrio (200%) = 12.2peds.week
Savings: 7.80peds/week
2) average active player: playing 3 hours/day 4 days a week:
- cost for buff from stable per week: 8peds + 1.2ped of nutrio (200%) = 10.4peds/week
- cost for passive buff: 1.464ped of nutrio (200%) = 2.928peds.week
Savings: 7.47peds/week
3) not too active player: playing 1 hour/day 6 days a week (he obviously should NOT use buff from stable):
- cost for buff from stable per week: 12peds + 0.6ped of nutrio (200%) = 13.2peds/week
- cost for passive buff: 0.732ped of nutrio (200%) = 1.464peds.week
Savings: 11.73peds/week

So in short: with passive buff you DO NOT PAY for buff when you are not using it. And even if you play 24h/day it is still cheaper to use passive than one from stable.

Those are only examples but you see that on all level of huntig it is way more efficient to use passive buff than the buff from stables. In my case i will be saving around 8-9peds/week. So i could either have 2 CLDs and use +12% buff from stable OR i can have this silver bunny.

This leads to conlcusion that silver bunny at lev 23 is worth around 3k peds for me! :).

Now quick estimation how much it will cost to train it to lev 23. From what i have notice it will require somewhere around 40-45k of exp. Skilling it actively at 99-100% focus you can get 1.80-1.85 exp per nutrio. So it will take around 250peds of nutrio to skill it up to lev 23.

So paying 500peds + 250peds of nutrio is really not that much for my desired passive buff :).

---------

As for the value on Sapphire Devil and Dragon.

I went to scout the are there and found both of them in about 30 minutes of flying!!! I heard that many players fly around +5 hours and find none so i was really lucky ;).
I sold them both for 750peds (so i guess one is worth at least 350-400peds each).

I really have no idea why since buffs on them suck ;) but i guess they have collectors value.

Falagor
:bandit:

I bought silver kanin for 500peds and i did not sell it (and i will not sell one even for 2k peds unless i find next one). The reason why i bought it is the +12% run speed buff.

Explanation why:
before recent update i was buying stable buff +8% for 5peds/1week. That was best +% run speed buff and if there was better i would buy it instead.

Now:
- there is +12% run speed buff avaible at stable with cost: 2ped/1day
- passive buff on silver bunny is +12% with cost 1.20pec of extra nutrio consupmtion.

So:
- cost to use +12% buff from stable: 2ped/day + cost of spawning (cheapest has 10pec nutrio metabolic consumption = 10nutrio/hour idle by just beeing spawn and not doing tricks).
- cost to use +12% buff from passive on sivler bunny: 11 + 1.2pec nutrio consumption per hour.

Now lets watch 3 different active players (i advice everyone to check how usefulf +12% buff for them is and do calulation of their game time):
1) very active: playing 10hours/day 5 days a week:
- cost for buff from stable per week: 10peds + 5ped of nutrio (200%) = 20peds/week
- cost for passive buff: 6.10ped of nutrio (200%) = 12.2peds.week
Savings: 7.80peds/week
2) average active player: playing 3 hours/day 4 days a week:
- cost for buff from stable per week: 8peds + 1.2ped of nutrio (200%) = 10.4peds/week
- cost for passive buff: 1.464ped of nutrio (200%) = 2.928peds.week
Savings: 7.47peds/week
3) not too active player: playing 1 hour/day 6 days a week (he obviously should NOT use buff from stable):
- cost for buff from stable per week: 12peds + 0.6ped of nutrio (200%) = 13.2peds/week
- cost for passive buff: 0.732ped of nutrio (200%) = 1.464peds.week
Savings: 11.73peds/week

So in short: with passive buff you DO NOT PAY for buff when you are not using it. And even if you play 24h/day it is still cheaper to use passive than one from stable.

Those are only examples but you see that on all level of huntig it is way efficient to use passive buff than the buff from stables. In my case i will be saving around 8-9peds/week. So i could either have 2 CLDs and use +12% buff from stable OR i can have this silver bunny.

This leads to conlcusion that silver bunny at lev 23 is worth around 3k peds for me! :).

Now quick estimation how much it will cost to train it to lev 23. From what i have notice it will require somewhere around 40-45k of exp. Skilling it actively at 99-100% focus you can get 1.80-1.85 exp per nutrio. So it will take around 250peds of nutrio to skill it up to lev 23.

So paying 500peds + 250peds of nutrio is really not that much for my desired passive buff :).

---------

As for the value on Sapphire Devil and Dragon.

I went to scout the are there and found both of them in about 30 minutes of flying!!! I heard that many players fly around +5 hours and find none so i was really lucky ;).
I sold them both for 750peds (so i guess one is worth at least 350-400peds each).

I really have no idea why since buffs on them suck ;) but i guess they have collectors value.

Falagor

Thank you for a great explanation. +rep.

I seem to have mixed your pets up. The 500 PED for the bunny seems reasonable though, perhaps a bit more even if you are a very active player.

Thank you for a great explanation. +rep.

I seem to have mixed your pets up. The 500 PED for the bunny seems reasonable though, perhaps a bit more even if you are a very active player.

PS: someone just messeged me ingame if i am willing to sell my silver for 1k peds ;).

Sadly i could not even respond since he appeared as "unkown avatar" - probably he forget to uncheck "Incognito"...

If he sees it: answer is "No" (unless i find next one) :).

Falagor

Is it correct that you can choose to turn the passive buffs on and off as you wish, thus saving the extra food cost if you want to spawn the pet but don't need the buff? After you've reached the required level etc of course.

What im more interested in is if pet can have 1 active 1 passive buff at once or only 1 buff, no matter which kind

Is it correct that you can choose to turn the passive buffs on and off as you wish, thus saving the extra food cost if you want to spawn the pet but don't need the buff? After you've reached the required level etc of course.

Yes - you can turn it on/off - i unlocked the +% skill gain on bristle and it works like that.

What im more interested in is if pet can have 1 active 1 passive buff at once or only 1 buff, no matter which kind

I dunno yet but will test it later today with my mentioned bristle.

If yes - then bunny is worth even more ;).

Falagor

Omg!

You can have two buffs:
- passive one from mob
AND
- one from stable

I took Generation buff for 1 day as a test. My bristle has +% skill and taming passive unlocked. They are both active now. I can deactivate and activate the passvie and the buff from stable is still there.

Also this information appears when activating passive buff:

So my guess is:
you can have only ONE passive buff activated AND only ONE buff from stable activated.

I will go and check if buff stack with each other... if yes then... +24% speed would be possible?

@edit:
I took +10% skill and taming buff from stable and only one is shown now (i guess only stronger one so they don't stack probably, mayby +hp would stack if there was mob like that with passive +hp).

Falagor

wait wait wait.. you are saying that you cna use both PASSIVE AND ACTIVE BUFFS AT SAME TIME!?!?!? (yes caps was intentional there hehe)

wait wait wait.. you are saying that you cna use both PASSIVE AND ACTIVE BUFFS AT SAME TIME!?!?!? (yes caps was intentional there hehe)

Yup, yup - seems so ;)

Falagor

PS: someone just messeged me ingame if i am willing to sell my silver for 1k peds ;).

Sadly i could not even respond since he appeared as "unkown avatar" - probably he forget to uncheck "Incognito"...

If he sees it: answer is "No" (unless i find next one) :).

Falagor

Hi Fal,

The question I have is on the Passive Effects Unlock for the 'silver' bunny's 12% acceleration. Once it is unlocked at pet level 23, how does the 1 Rare Animal Essence come into play cost wise? Is it pay 5ped, 30 animal essence, and 1 rare essence to use each time to use the acceleration buff? Wanted to ask if you or anyone knows how this goes. (Took me 264 Extractions at the Pet Center to get 1 Rare Animal Essence, but then again its a 1 to 3 odd rare chance besides being random to get them).

The other day I had turned down an offer for 1.7k Ped for my lvl 4 Silver Bunny.

Regards and +Rep m8,
-Vi

Hi Fal,

The question I have is on the Passive Effects Unlock for the 'silver' bunny's 12% acceleration. Once it is unlocked at pet level 23, how does the 1 Rare Animal Essence come into play cost wise? Is it pay 5ped, 30 animal essence, and 1 rare essence to use each time to use the acceleration buff? Wanted to ask if you or anyone knows how this goes. (Took me 264 Extractions at the Pet Center to get 1 Rare Animal Essence, but then again its a 1 to 3 odd rare chance besides being random to get them).

The other day I had turned down an offer for 1.7k Ped for my lvl 4 Silver Bunny.

Regards and +Rep m8,
-Vi

The unlock Cost is one time cost :).

After that when you activate the buff - only extra cost is the Energy/h cost.
In case of sivler bunny it will be 0.012ped nutrio / hour extra consumption. Base nutrio consumption by it jsut beeing spawned is 0.11ped nutrio/hour. So extra costs on having passive buffs are minimal.

Falagor

The unlock Cost is one time cost :).

After that when you activate the buff - only extra cost is the Energy/h cost.
In case of sivler bunny it will be 0.012ped nutrio / hour extra consumption. Base nutrio consumption by it jsut beeing spawned is 0.11ped nutrio/hour. So extra costs on having passive buffs are minimal.

Falagor

Sweet, thanks for into :)

Hi Fal,

Regards and +Rep m8,
-Vi

This i happen to know, its a 1 time purchase, and the animal has the passive effect for ever.

This i happen to know, its a 1 time purchase, and the animal has the passive effect for ever.

Oh, nm, i should scroll down more... what an idiot for responding to a responded answer....... :dunce::dunce::dunce:

My Saphire Dragon sold for 800 ped and my Saphire devil is lvl 7 now.

2 Sapphire's found no kanin yet

/Andreas

My Saphire Dragon sold for 800 ped and my Saphire devil is lvl 7 now.

2 Sapphire's found no kanin yet

/Andreas

Thanks for info.

Spent an hour or two looking last night, drowning tons of shitty pets hoping for a rare to spawn, no luck though.

I also heard of two sales of bunnies, one at 750, one at 480. One was offered at 750.

I've also spent a few evenings just looking through the area for silver bunny, hoping to get one one way or another. It was first last night I've seen a few ones for sale (and also this morning), but slightly above my budget.

This feels like the WoF match a couple of years ago, when we had to find a bigger phasm than young (and global on it), and I think I spent the entire match just flying across the land area and we still didn't find that globalling mature one.

I haven't came across any of the other two rare ones either (seen them in the wild untamed).

Any idea what's the most sensible thing to do? Continue look for silver bunny on the ground or for a good offer, or give it up and raise up the old pets instead? A catch is that people tend to swear a bit if you bring one of your bigger pets to wave events ;)

Back