FYI: Censorship

Status
Society
Apocalyptic
Whining Skeptic Aboard
Did anyone else notice we get censored now? Try it!

Examples:
!!!!!
<removed>

Edit: Does not seem to work for all cursewords. Perhaps it is work in progress. <removed> First word was a four letter word that started with C.

I think it might be a useful feature, as some of us have a hard time censoring ourselves. It should have a positive impact on PCF.

Edit2: Tried a few more, only seems to work for !!!! <removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as i remember this paragraph has been in the forum rules:

2.15 - Word Filter Circumvention
Certain offensive words, terms or links are automatically filtered by the forum software. Such filtered words will be replaced with exclamation points (e.g. !!!!!!!). Any attempts to circumvent the automated forum word filter (such as by adding spaces/dots/punctuation, using colors or text markups, or by substituting characters) will result in the offending content being edited or deleted, and may result in a temporary or permanent ban from the forum, all without notice.

So i assume the filter for several words has always been in place. So nothing really new.

Any attempts to circumvent the automated forum word filter (such as by adding spaces/dots/punctuation, using colors or text markups, or by substituting characters) will result in the offending content being edited or deleted, and may result in a temporary or permanent ban from the forum, all without notice.

...whats that phase...? Digging ones own grave?

As long as i remember this paragraph has been in the forum rules:

So i assume the filter for several words has always been in place. So nothing really new.

I know for a fact that the the c-word has been usable since I used it not long ago. Perhaps it is being updated.

The Filter has been in place for a long time and many boards have them.. :wise:

In fact many players were banned for trying to post words slightly differently to bypass the filter.

It's not censorship when you are in someone else's house.

:) text removed was just testing. Indeed !!!! is the banned curseword (C Word) i wonder if the N Word is also banned? !!!!!! Yes N Word is also banned :D

!!!!!! (N) is banned Word
!!!! (C) is banned Word

But if put these two together as one Word , the Word appears as normal.. weird..

It's not censorship when you are in someone else's house.

Well, "vocabulary clean up"-filter then.

You all seem very aware of this function. How can I possibly have missed it? I've read hundreds of posts from Dr3w and Taco and never seen words replaced by exclamation marks.

You all seem very aware of this function. How can I possibly have missed it? I've read hundreds of posts from Dr3w and Taco and never seen words replaced by exclamation marks.

Maybe they just say twat instead of C***

Someone should start dictionary with words and phrases allowed on foorum:
i start with
cumloving whore

Must be fun getting to choose which words are in or out :D The C word is not really offensive here... so perplexing that it is out but the F word is in! I guess its more so in america though.

I was on a forum where the filter replaced the word with other words, was hilarious! Someone calling someone in the heat of rage " You are complete ducking ignorant flower! :laugh:

!!!!!!!!!!! is a banned word here too right? :D

Edit - Yup!

I know for a fact that the the c-word has been usable since I used it not long ago. Perhaps it is being updated.

It would appear that 711 has added to the word filter. He may not yet have finished doing that.

And no, this thread won't be staying open so just you can let your inner 5yo's loose.

:locked:

Status
Back