State of PCF and pcf community

Norbert

Elite
Is it just me or do most threads these days descend into pointless bickering and bitching?

Do others also see a huge sense of humour deficiency over the last year on here?

Do others see new posters hung drawn and quartered by community for asking (god forbid) noob questions?

I'll only log i to buy/sell or whatever from now on - enough is enough.

Dibbler out

There are a lot of... Ehh... Tensions here lately but I must say that the attitude towards new players has improved in general since the past six months. Since I am a narcissist I will attribute that to my rant about it.

The bickering part is more or less because the average player doesn't use the brain enough. I assume that part of the reason you made this post is the thread about L13 exploit. What happened there was basically that OP made some stuff up, people applauded him and gave him confidence enough to accuse both Taco and Dr3w of cheating (probably someone else too, these come to mind) for nothing but old grudges and the fact they questioned the OP. The bickering was expected, especially as the uncritical, back patting, heavily biased friends of all sides jumped into the discussion with no other purpose than helping a friend out.

That happens a lot in here.

Most people, who are moderately seasoned and do not care for endless drama, avoid these forums because many of us know these forums do a major disservice to the game.

I think the main problem is the game itself. I notice two groups of players.
1)Profiteers/gambler. Not your average gamer and doesn't understand why the average gamer bails after a month.

2) The average gamer that just wants to have fun and socialize.

The problem is both groups are having troubles. Profiteers are not profiting and the average gamer can't justify the expense of the game when there is a lot of cheaper high end mmos and games out there. So you end up with both your large groups of players disgruntled and complaining.

I think a lot of players are just bitter because EU
isn't turning out to be the game they thought it would be after putting in so much money and time into it.

The ones I see talking the game up the most are the ones with little businesses dependant on new players buying their stuff. You see groups of them going around to the various review/rating sites talking the game up and padding the stats. Its a little disingenuous.

New players already feel they can't compete and now they dump this pet buff stuff on us. Now we got to burn more money to tame/buy/upkeep pets in order to compete.

If the game was polished it would not be as bad. But after 12 years of development and this is it I can see why people complain so much. There is alot of things done badly that other mmos don't. Other mmos don't cost a house mortgage a month to have fun. (From a gamers perspective not profiteer).

I have been playing computer games since 1998 on my first 286. I have played many of the big MMOs, many mutiplayer and hundreds of single player games.

From my experience there is alot wrong with EU that I doubt can be fixed. They are just to far into the path they chosen at this point.

It's internet culture which is the ultimate expression of human nature and modern psychology.

Blame the game. Blame the devs. Blame anyone but yourselves, but keep doing the things that make you unhappy regardless. Then blame addiction. Addiction to the internet. Addiction to gambling. Or blame some sort of disorder. Anything but the person in the mirror.

People have fun here. They totally do. The nature of the game is challenge and people like a challenge.

However modern society rewards those who cannot accept responsibility for their actions with various incentives. From welfare to middle management to CEO bailouts and across the spectrum, the people who pass the buck are the people who get ahead in life.

So we pass the buck everywhere we go now.

Couple that in with the anonymity of the internet, and you have a glorious whine fest where people dont even need to take responsibility for their own words.

Why we see this in EU is simple: Money = entitlement.

This forum is not representative of the game. Why should it be? It is just a forum :)

I think the main problem is the game itself. I notice two groups of players.
1)Profiteers/gambler. Not your average gamer and doesn't understand why the average gamer bails after a month.

2) The average gamer that just wants to have fun and socialize.

The problem is both groups are having troubles. Profiteers are not profiting and the average gamer can't justify the expense of the game when there is a lot of cheaper high end mmos and games out there. So you end up with both your large groups of players disgruntled and complaining.

I think a lot of players are just bitter because EU isn't turning out to be the game they thought it would be after putting in so much money and time into it.

Words of truth right here...

And with any large changes in EU (explsives, shrapnel, pet buffs) there will be heated debate, as there has always been..

Gamblers could give a sh*t less what happens in game.. so long as they can get their fix.. They aren't the ones on PCF complaining.

Profiteers/Average gamers are the ones on PCF b*tching about changes (me included..).. the problem is, we don't represent a large enough sample of MA's revenue.. We seek to profit/breakeven/establish wealth in EU, so MA could really care less whether we play or not. They need/want more gamblers in EU.

As in EU as in politics, if you don't vote (contribute to revenue) you don't matter.

It's internet culture which is the ultimate expression of human nature and modern psychology.

Blame the game. Blame the devs. Blame anyone but yourselves, but keep doing the things that make you unhappy regardless. Then blame addiction. Addiction to the internet. Addiction to gambling. Or blame some sort of disorder. Anything but the person in the mirror.

This is accurate.. although our blame can be justified, as we aren't the ones who decided to put explosive bps and shrapnel into EU.. but then again we didn't do anything to stop it, or anything to help MA make enough money as to not need to implement these "features"...

Summary = Everyone can be blamed.

Before vu10 MA was raking in the cash, it's all the crap they've pulled since mid vu9 that's caused the problems.

They've completely ignored the low budget players until it was far too late and all they've done since is screw things up even more attempting fix it. They switched from a slow burn skill building system where the players knew they'd get there in the end to one that's a mad rush where the goal posts are continually being changed and they lurch from one quick fix to another. No big surprise people lost faith and stopped depositing or spout crap on the forum (I'm including this post and many other's I've made in that category).

Last edited:
Before vu10 MA was raking in the cash, it's all the crap they've pulled since mid vu9 that's caused the problems.

I don't know if "raking in the cash" is the right description, MA was loosing money long before the switch to VU10.

This forum is in no way representative for all EU.

I know many players that don´t have an PCF account, other have PCF account but don´t log in anymore.

Why should they log into PCF, when they play 99% of their time at Ark or RT, this planets have their own forums, and to be honest a lot better comunication between playerbase and PP developers.

Well I got my account since it was EF. Well EF was a lot better, no PP back that days and we got some EFDs for activity that could be used in various ways.

BTW @ 711, where is my EFDs ?????

This forum is not representative of the game. Why should it be? It is just a forum :)
This

I know many players that don´t have an PCF account, other have PCF account but don´t log in anymore.

Why should they log into PCF, when they play 99% of their time at Ark or RT, this planets have their own forums, and to be honest a lot better comunication between playerbase and PP developers.

Well I got my account since it was EF. Well EF was a lot better, no PP back that days and we got some EFDs for activity that could be used in various ways.

And this! :yup:

If I take an example from myself,
I discovered PCF a year later after I join EU :yup:
So I agree, PCF isn't representative 100% of the game.
But
I believe this forum it is important to keep you update with anything concern Entropia, gameplay, news, market etc
No matter what planet someone are .

PCF have lots of readers but we used to have more active posters. The forum is big, yet very small because you stumble always over the same people in nearly every thread. After a while you see a topic and you knew who will reply and you can guess what his opinion on the topic might be, especially if the persons got 1000+ posts on their counter and you read most of them over the years. Its a small community < 100 that mainly shape what's cool and what's not so cool on the forum.

Its like a little private club where everyone can take a peek. We have all kind of drama going on between the active posters and we have factions that carter different philosophies, fan clubs and lone wolf's. The tune on pcf can be rough at times, but I still like reading here and occasionally throwing in my own opinion.

I spend more time on the forum than in game, which is sad but the forum is better accessible from different places and its my way to stay on the pulse of what's going on inside EU. Maybe if mindark ever make in game chats available outside the game to read and write but until that happen I feel pcf is the best source to keep up with what's going on inside eu.

This is how each and every utopia ends - after you get rid of all the wrong people, it turns out the right people are boring and annoying.

The end isn't quite here yet but certainly nigh.

Quite often this forum is loads of fun - once u figure out which threads to read and who's posts to follow.
Also, there's a lot of hardcore humour in there, most ppl don't get those jokes at all. So they get... unicorned! :laugh:

The moment the forums got splintered into all these separate PP forums was the day I stopped enjoying the forum atmosphere as much as I did when it was just EF. I miss EF! I don't understand why I need to go to 4 or 5 or 10 different forums (most of which have very little content) to read up on what is going on in the Universe. We have ships. We travel. A lot. Put it all back into one place finally so we can see the big picture.

I actually don't mind the bickering too much, as long as it does no devolve into name-calling and bullying. I think a forum is the correct venue for debate. I just wish we were all together in one place.

I spend more time on the forum than in game, which is sad but the forum is better accessible from different places and its my way to stay on the pulse of what's going on inside EU.

Like work. I come into work in the morning, pour myself a cup of coffee and read the forums.

I seldom post anymore, but I do check in every few days to skim messages. The negativity on the forums are not unique to Project Entropia. I read a lot of forums and message boards and over the past several years there has been progression in the amount of negativity and personal attacks.

I seldom post anymore, but I do check in every few days to skim messages. The negativity on the forums are not unique to Project Entropia. I read a lot of forums and message boards and over the past several years there has been progression in the amount of negativity and personal attacks.

And you echo me and so many people who would and could post.

Something got lost in the spirit of the game ( not just this one to be fair ) and so we are left with?

Really awful teeny games where one would never participate in.

Imagination is not a skill, it is a requirement.

Back