Big losses on mining with amps

It still amazes me that people play a real cash economy game, and don't do their homework first.

If you had even read a little about cnd, you would know that you have heavily reduced hit rate, compared to planetside.

No sympathy here.

Rgds

Ace

I go to tell my history:

Deposited yesterday: 100$ = 1000 PED

1º MINING RUN = 600ped spent (3x level 8 amp + probes) = 68ped returned
2º MINING RUN = 400ped spent (3x level 7 amp + probes) = 28ped returned

TOTAL=96ped returned

Asking to MA in a report case: "Why?"
MA answer:"We cant decide loot system....bla bla bla" (always the same answer with different words)

TOTAL DEPOSITED LAST YEAR = $6000 = 60000 PED
TOTAL INVENTORY ITEMS = 450ped
TOTAL PED CARD = 58ped

TOTAL BALANCE = 59500 PED LOST = 5900$ (we can ask to MA for uses that money to help to a family with serious economic problems not? - i voted +1)

(NOTE: pls put your opinion here or tell us your history)

....WILL BE CONTINUE

what you really need you can find here

/mod note/ Thread retitled - OP appears to need advice on how to improve his mining technique.

I go to tell my history:

TOTAL=96ped returned

MA answer:"We cant decide loot system....bla bla bla" (always the same answer with different words)

TOTAL PED CARD = 58ped

TOTAL BALANCE = 59500 PED LOST = 5900$ (we can ask to MA for uses that money to help to a family with serious economic problems not? - i voted +1)

....WILL BE CONTINUE

Try running 5x level 13 with 120ped return

then the next day 10x level 7 with 300pedish return

then 5 level5 with around 200ped return

then run level 7 and level 5 for two years, pretty much every day with a average of 78% return..

I am expecting a welcome back tower MA!!!!!.

If this looks like it would bother you.

Quit

Jonpi,

I would have expected the Support team to mention something like "you may have better luck next time", or words to that effect.

I think some of the responses here were a little uncalled for but it does show a level of naivety in your approach to mining. I've only ever tried amped mining a couple of times and it's just not for me. People will always tell other players that they should only spend/lose what they're comfortable with and it's never wise to be chasing that elusive HOF or a massive return.

I remember my first mining HOF, a Gold find which I'm sure was less than 100PED back in early 2004 with gear from the TT. This can still happen today even with fancy attachments and amplifiers I'm sure.

Nowadays I'm quite happy spending small amounts on mining and doing the smaller mining challenges and daily missions - perhaps that is a better way to do mining for the moment, or to perhaps reconsider your approach?

If I wanted to go to foma with 6000 peds, I would do this:
- get a finder (150-200 peds)
- extractor and driler (20 peds)
- make some reserves for auc fees (200 peds )
- buy 5500 peds of probes
- go out mining for few weeks dropping 200 unamped drops each day. When return is above average, I would keep dropping. If returns are at or bellow average, I would stop after 200 drops for that day.

Result? Small lost, maybe break even, or maybe even some small profit, If I get lucky.

yep sure im 21 prospector and 18 surveyor...forgot it: my finder tk-220 + 3 depth enhacers (I, II and III)

oh one thing at first: you havent maxed the finder. Thats why you cannot expect maxed results with it.
id say your skills are nowhere near to be able to handle this setup. The depth enhancers alone should add 5 level each to the sib of your finder. Take the level of the amp you use and also add them to the sib of your finder.

So i wouldnt touch a TK-220 tier 3 depth enhanced with Level 7 amp before level 44 prespector/surveyor (22+15+7). You might think this is probably a bit overcautious. But those numbers are my formular for the safe side, where the weakness of my skills do not hamper my mining, i can drop a gazillion bombs and my results will just stay normal. When i amp too high or use too many depth enhancers (or both) i fell my return change drastically to the bad side.

So what should you do in my opinion? Put the TK-220 into your storage, at best use it unamped for "prospecting" meaning finding orespots. Depth Enhancers can be used on a smaller finder. Buy a finder thats maxed around level 12 and amp it with level 7 amp OR use 2 depth enhancers on it (max!). Have you ever thought of using a F-105? Its a great finder around level 20, i also like Z15, Z20 and Z25 to skill up.

There is a third part of the story: the ressources. The prospector level and the sib ladder of the finders are responding to a sib ladder of ressources, provided you mine in an area where you can find those ressources. The tt value of a single unrefined unit of your ressource gives a hint, where to put it on the ressource sib-ladder. But its not that easy, we had 4 generations of finders and along with it, four generations of ressources on calypso alone. It takes some hundred thousand drops to get a full picture.

Last but not least a word about depth. People think the deeper the better. I disagree! I saw a lot of Narcanisum turn to Terrudite when i mined too deep. Today that might be good, but back then narc had 135% and more MU and Terrudite was tt-crap. Additionally i had maxed Narc but i was nowhere near maxing Terrudite, so it always came in small quantities, while i had a nice ammount of narc hofs. I still havent maxed Terrudite thats why i dont try to mine it.

Not really all that surprising considering:

1. You are using a finder you are not maxed on,
2. You went mining on FOMA in a down period
3. You went mining on FOMA in a down period with an unmaxed finder.

I am actually surprised your result wasn't worse than it is.

hey Jonpi,

I don't think you have done anything bad.

Simple answer : the algorythm was bad with you, so in this case, well, you can't do nothing..

My 2 pec : next time downgrade a bit your amps, try level 2 to level 5.

And if one day, you meet this "algorythm" superman, i got 2 words to say to him also :broke:

Good luck for the next run Jonpi ! :)

right when i was about to bump my post. i give up.
I also did a deposit and loose almost everything. TT return too low.
1k peds. + my shit in storage. I did run with lvl 5 amp. Still never had a profit run, no global. Return always under 70%. i realy give up. Too bad i invested too much money in this game.
I also did unamped run. same shit. all area. As i said i give up. no multiplier, low hit rate. Nothing i can do. Too improved my mining i used LBML to be sure to not overlap my drop. It change nothing.

no FOMA/HELL ofc.

edit : no be sure, i do run with 200 or 300 drop. it change nothing.

Last edited:
I go to tell my history:

TOTAL=96ped returned

TOTAL PED CARD = 58ped

....WILL BE CONTINUE

i feel your pain...

why would you want to mine in FOMA in first place ?
Mining on FOMA is necrophilia.

lol gambler comes here expecting to get rich and then doesn't, nothing new here

knowledge is the greatest power in EU, this guy has none and cant understand why EU wont work in his favor.

i have nothing more to add

lol gambler comes here expecting to get rich and then doesn't, nothing new here

knowledge is the greatest power in EU, this guy has none and cant understand why EU wont work in his favor.

i have nothing more to add

You're a bit hard with Jonpi.

Only thing is that the algorythm was a little bitch at this moment.

When you got such hit rate (20-30%), it is frustrating.

I hope Jonpi will hit nice claim in the future :)

Regards,

Laurent.

Gamble didn't pay off? Welcome to Entropia, we all longtimers have been there where you are now :cool:

If you play this game, you need to understand the application of risk of ruin.

thx a lot to all for ur advices.

but i think 60000ped spent and my account 150ped only, algoritms not runs for depositers :(

You should NOT be using amps until you know how to mine properly...Once i did learn, long ago when mining was DIFFERENT, I hit an ATH with an amp ...This doesn't happen anymore or hardly ever again...Mining has changed, and this post is exactly why i quit to deposit and amp ....barely any chance to get those good big claims anymore. Good luck with your gambling..That's all this game is proving to me every time i log on now...

Continuing the history !!!

1º WHO HAS CHANGED THE TITLE OF MY POST ?? (i´d like to change th title of thread to Old title thread please)
2º WHO HAS CHANGED THE POST OF CATEGORY ?? ( please can u change to general discussion again )

today deposited: 30$ = 300PED

Today changing to HUNT

1º RUN = 300 ped ammo - 52% return = 154 PED left
2º RUN = 150 ped ammo - 60% return = 91 PED left
3º RUN = 90 ped ammo - 55% return = 51 ped left

Who still think the loot system´s algoritm runs same between DEPOSITERS and NOT DEPOSITERS?

I go to continue depositing and telling my history !!!

please your opinion is very important !!!

(Edited 1º POST with results)

Last edited:

1º WHO HAS CHANGED THE TITLE OF MY POST ?? (i´d like to change th title of thread to Old title thread please)
2º WHO HAS CHANGED THE POST OF CATEGORY ?? ( please can u change to general discussion again )

Today changing to HUNT

Who still think the loot system´s algoritm runs same between DEPOSITERS and NOT DEPOSITERS?

<removed> Bring some real data that we can do a proper evaluation.

Last edited by a moderator:
1) I'm guessing it was changed because calling it a scam is BS, u had a shitty run using shitty tactics

2) I'm guessing it was moved to mining because you're talking about mining.

3) You show 3 runs with absolutely no information or data, waste of time.

4) STFU, I'm sick of this BS. Learn to play or suck it up.

1) I'm guessing it was changed because calling it a scam is BS, u had a shitty run using shitty tactics

2) I'm guessing it was moved to mining because you're talking about mining.

3) You show 3 runs with absolutely no information or data, waste of time.

4) STFU, I'm sick of this BS. Learn to play or suck it up.

1) SCAM? the title of old thread was: "Entropia universe game is a scam?" Not an affirmation if not and question for to create a debate and people know what you think about my case.
2) im agree but now im talking of hunt
3) if u want i put screenshoot of deposited time and my ped card balance now...if u want more information ask me

more: all runs of atrox - weapon: piron 22(L)

4) BS (what the meaning of that?). "SUCK IT UP" -> no comment | "learn to play" -> are u kidding me or you also MA´s worker?

if you're not contributing anything your opinion, do not bother to write a post

The changes were made by the forum moderator who has the right to decide if a post is mis-titled or in the wrong section.

see post # 33 above

I for one will just totally believe you. I don't know why everyone says "oh that can't be right - you are doing something wrong."
I saw a stream of someone drop 3 lvl 13s in hell and get no claims at all. How much loss is that?
Foma can easily give no claims in 100 drops - it's rare, but it happens.
I'm taking a break atm - sick of losing in ways similar to what you described.

The changes were made by the forum moderator who has the right to decide if a post is mis-titled or in the wrong section.

see post # 33 above

i agree but i think should change other once because now im talking about other deposit and other type of proffesion

I for one will just totally believe you. I don't know why everyone says "oh that can't be right - you are doing something wrong."

totally agree

The problem of that case, or better said of my own case is that, is: Why Depositers have no luck in game or have than Bad returns? Or is only my case? Because i dont understand why havent got minimum or 70% ped return like all players.

Today changing to HUNT

(Edited 1º POST with results)

I've said this once and will say it again, you really need to stop playing EU if you play like this. You seem to have no control and really no idea what is needed to play the game right. My guess is you think this is just another version of WoW where you can use any weapon at hand and make it big. This is most likely why you are loosing so badly.

/mod note/

1. Me. This shouldn't be a surprise, as I posted a mod note here:
/mod note/ Thread retitled - OP appears to need advice on how to improve his mining technique.
Unless of course you haven't read the posts in the thread. If not, I suggest you do, as there's some good advice there for you.

2. No. This thread was about your issues with your mining results, and given your techniques it seems noone is overly surprised. It belongs in the mining section, where others can give you advice on how to improve your methods to achieve a better result.

I suggest you start a different thread in the Hunting section if you want advice on how to improve your hunting techniques.

If you present a proper log of your methods and results, rather than just complain about your losses, other members will often be surprisingly helpful about how you can achieve a better result.

Asking if the game is a 'scam' doesn't automatically make it a 'general discussion' thread, when you were clearly only posting about a single profession.
Somewhat amusingly, it's normally alleged that it's the depositors that have an advantage over non-depositors. First time I recall seeing someone complain that it's the other way around.

Last edited:
Back