***WoF 2014/2015 3-Way GRAND FINAL!***

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
***WoF 2014/2015 3-Way***
***GRAND FINAL!***

After a tremendous and exciting Stage 5 consisting of three Semi-Final Hunts the results were as follows:

DACH vs USA:
DACH = 1371 / USA = 696

GREAT BRITAIN vs AUSTRALIA:
GREAT BRITAIN = 647 / AUSTRALIA = 495

SWEDEN vs FRANCE:
SWEDEN = 1422 / FRANCE = 1089

The scores achieved by Team SWEDEN and Team DACH are the 1st and 2nd HIGHEST EVER SCORES in a WoF match, both beating Sweden's own record of 1284 from 2011.

This means we say a fond farewell to Team USA, Team AUSTRALIA and Team FRANCE and congratulate each of them for some wonderful displays of firepower and some thrilling matches.

It also means we have our Finalists.

The Grand 3-Way Final will be between three ex-champions; who will be the ones to equal USA's record of two sets of Jackets and Trophies?

TEAM DACH, TEAM GREAT BRITAIN and TEAM SWEDEN
...it's down to you.

START/FINISH POINT:

87910, 76450, 100

(SouthEast of Nymphtown)

Extra Judges
welcome; the start point has a slight Morsusilex/Berycled issue that may need some pest control.
ALSO: BRING YOUR VEHICLES; the place looks like a giant natural Drive-in and it'd be great to fill it with your various transports and have the headlights add to the ambience.

DATE:
SATURDAY APRIL 11th
CONFIRMED.

TIME: 19:00 MA Time.
This slot has been favoured throughout the event and Sunday is not an option this time. If a different time than 19:00 is required by the majority then another time may be arranged within the last 12 hours of Saturday.

MOBLIST:

MAIN TEAM:

ARANEATROX: Provider and Above = 10 points
ATROX: Alpha and Above = 9 points
FALXANGIUS: Any = 8 points
AMBULIMAX: Any = 7 points
ATROX: Young to Dominant = 6 points
ARANEATROX: Young to Old = 5 points

SUPPORT:

FORMICACIDA: Any = 4 points
NECONU: Any = 3 points
SNARG: Any = 2 points
MOURNER: Any = 1 point

BONUS MOB:

CHIRPY MUTATED = 25 points

Play Notes:

MAIN TEAM size
= 6 Members maximum

SUPPORT size
Unlimited

SUPPORT CAP
200 points before bonuses

SHORT STRAW BONUS
of 10 points each awarded to highest single PED value score on both ARANEATROX YOUNG to OLD (5 point mob) and MOURNER (1 point mob).

LOOT Bonus (15 points for highest Main Team global loot total) applies.

ALL USUAL BONUSES (Susan, HoF, ATH, Variety, Sweep) still apply.

NO Wildcard Mobs this Match.

If the Support Cap is reached
, Support Teams may still try to achieve a higher SHORT STRAW score, but no points will be added for the mobs themselves, only the 10 for the Bonus (if they get a higher value global than both of their opponents.) This "hunt on without adding points" also applies if the cap is reached without completing the Sweep or Variety Bonuses; the remaining mobs may be globalled on to complete the bonuses but their individual scores will not be added (only Bonuses can be added to a capped score). This is not a new rule, just a clarification of what has happened in the past.
This method can NOT be used to achieve a HoF in order to get a higher BONUS MOB score; your first BONUS MOB score is the only one recorded.

SPECIAL or ENHANCED SPAWNS of Araneatrox, Atrox, Falxangius, Formicacida, Neconu, Snarg, Mourner and Chirpy Mutated are expected to appear the Saturday before (4th April) and remain until Sunday 12th April. Existing spawns can also be used.

SUPPLEMENTARY SPAWNS ARE HERE:
FIND THEM AT THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS;

Araneatrox - Young-Prowler at 22275, 39381 (LA5)
Atrox - Young-Prowler at 23878, 40022 (LA5)
Falxangius - Young-Prowler at 21235, 39231 (LA5)

Formicacida - Weak-Majestic at 39124, 41722 (OLA66)
Neconu - Guardian-Prowler at 31881, 55707 (OLA58)
Snarg - Young-Stalker at 31411, 55526 (OLA58)
Mourner - Dominant-Stalker at 31864, 56804 (OLA58)

Chirpy Mutated - at 38596, 42185 (OLA66)

IMPORTANT: PRIOR TO THIS MATCH EACH TEAM MUST POST THEIR FINAL MAIN 12 TEAM LIST (if they have not already done so) and now their 12 selected SUPPORT TEAM MEMBERS who will receive the SUPPORT PRIZES on offer for each finalist team. As mentioned before it is up to each team to decide how the 12 are selected and whether the prizes are further divided (they are partly of a shareable nature) among others.
This information should reach the Team Threads no later than Midnight Saturday April 4th (any changes made after this date will not be accepted).

Please also confirm your availability to hunt at 19:00 on Saturday April 11th or have a damn good reason why not;)

Well, what can I say? Good luck to all of you..... Lock n' Load!

Hurrikane

Last edited:
Can't wait to be there! This year is going to be better than ever! GO TEAM GB :yay:

Date now confirmed for the Final is 11th April (Saturday).

Spawns due in on the 3rd until the 12th.

The stage is set....

Hurrikane

As mentioned before it is up to each team to decide how the 12 are selected and whether the prizes are further divided (they are partly of a shareable nature) among others.

Sounds from this like the support prizes will be better than the main team prizes :D

Sounds from this like the support prizes will be better than the main team prizes :D

The Main Team prizes are of higher value:)

Hurrikane

The Main Team prizes are of higher value:)

Hurrikane

I assume you're not referring to the jackets and trophies, and other than that I thought the main team prizes were just the (largely worthless) CDF guns. Is there something more?

I assume you're not referring to the jackets and trophies, and other than that I thought the main team prizes were just the (largely worthless) CDF guns. Is there something more?

Skill Pills "etc" were to be included; I shall seek an official statement about the final prizes (including any news of the Calypso Cross), unless the teams wish to be surprised.

Hurrikane

I'm not really bothered, I'm not here for the prizes :) Just a bit curious I guess.

Everything sounds great cant wait! Also I talked with my mom(Aliana) she loves those damn berys and she plans on coming over with me to help keep the spawn under control.

The teams may not want to know what the prizes are going to be but im a little curious on what they will be.

Good Luck to all the teams!

TIME: 19:00 MA Time.
This slot has been favoured throughout the event and Sunday is not an option this time. If a different time than 19:00 is required by the majority then another time may be arranged within the last 12 hours of Saturday.

I've heard some views about the time; with "summer time" applied, some people feel it's a bit late (for Sweden it's +2 hours local time).

Would it be possible to have the match one or two hours earlier?

Great final to be expected here :wtg:

I've heard some views about the time; with "summer time" applied, some people feel it's a bit late (for Sweden it's +2 hours local time).

Would it be possible to have the match one or two hours earlier?

I will go with the majority's wishes for change, one or two hours different would make little difference to me but it might inconvenience your opponents. Please contact their team threads and find agreement if possible.

Hurrikane

Araneatrox - Young-Prowler at 22275, 39381 (LA5)
Atrox - Young-Prowler at 23878, 40022 (LA5)
Falxangius - Young-Prowler at 21235, 39231 (LA5)

Formicacida - Weak-Majestic at 39124, 41722 (OLA66)
Snarg - Young-Stalker at 31411, 55526 (OLA58)
Mourner - Dominant-Stalker at 31864, 56804 (OLA58)

Chirpy Mutated - at 38596, 42185 (OLA66)

Original Post now updated.

Hurrikane

Announcement from WoF team Sweden, just as formality:
We confirm the match.

The spawn at Atroax-zone - OLA39 SW of Akmuul (243,269) has been set to max maturity for Atrox. Stalker's are now on the loose at OLA39. www.OLA39.net

Would you like the Formicacida spawn at OLA 21 to have higher maturities available for this event?

Would you like the Formicacida spawn at OLA 21 to have higher maturities available for this event?

No, the event spawn has mixed maturities so is unsuitable for those who can't handle the big ones. It would be better for your LA to remain as it is so that lower level players have somewhere they can hunt.

The event spawn likely won't hold up well with three countries going all in, plus it's mixed maturities which is always annoying. Imo you'd be getting some big teams of heavy dps with bigger maturities. Formicacida is the highest scoring support mob after all, the biggest guns of each country will target it heavily.

Of course there will be a lot of people coming to your LA even if you keep the current settings, but the high dps teams would spend most time running around waiting for respawn since they bring down Weaks so quick. Definitely more spendings per hour with more hp available to kill, if looked at it from a pure financial perspective also. Lower level players have for example small Neconu or big Mourners or Snargs to hunt already. They'd probably suffer from kill stealing in all the havoc on Formicacida anyways.

With a pure spawn of bigger maturities, OLA21 would be favorable to the annoying mixed maturity event spawn, no doubt.

There are Neconu Young to Provider at Enyo Island North of Medusa Teleporter.

This little devil was so tired after shooting so much he asked his owner for a FAP and got it, How cute :)

This little devil was so tired after shooting so much he asked his owner for a FAP and got it, How cute :)

Excellent pics:) Just a question of which one becomes my new screensaver:)

Hurrikane

gz DACH , you did a great WOF,
and also a good job from GB!
Its been the greatest WOF ever !
Im happy to have been in finals!!!
And also a big thank you to hurrikane for this great player made event!
And also ty to all judges (I know how hard you work every match)

ty all

It was a pleasure to hunt for GB this evening in support. I kind of feel bad I wasn't there this year for all previous rounds and just the final, although hey RL has been a struggle.

Was great to be part of it on the final day though. It was a pleasant surprise to see so many active people online, especially meeting up with team GB before the start, seeing all the names I recognise.

We gave it a good show.

Gratz to Sweden

Lets see what the rest of 2015 brings.

GL

Rick

Well what a match that was!

As you may or may not know by now, Team DACH swept to victory with the highest WoF score ever recorded; an unconfirmed (but agreed by all three Judges so should stand up to scrutiny) and incredible 1460 points. They now equal Team USA's record of two seperate WoF Titles and lay claim to being the first team to achieve two consecutive victories.

Team Sweden were on their tail all the way, gaining a huge second place score of 1148 points, but even a 50 point HoF on the Chirpy Mutated Bonus Mob couldn't stop the gap from growing.

Team Great Britain scored several hundred more than in previous matches after putting in a tremendous extra effort and got third place with 850 points.

All three teams capped their Support, and achieved all available bonuses. Team DACH have the further distinction of scoring over 1000 points purely from Main Team globals (without adding bonuses).

Prizes for the 12 Main Team members and chosen 12 Supporters of each finalist team will be awarded after the results are checked and a suitable time is chosen.

The Calypso Cross
was won by the two members of Team Amethera who achieved a score of 251 (or 125 per person) in their final Stage 4 match. The prize for this award will be announced along with news of the other prizes.

Well done to all three finalist teams for getting this far, and thanks to every hunter, medic, pilot, runner and spectator out there who helped make this WoF as special as any other. Thanks of course to planetcalypsoforum.com for the continued use of their facilities to run the whole thing from. Also thanks to MindArk for persuading me to keep it going. And of course, thanks to the amazingly helpful and more importantly accurate Judges, of whom I am proud to serve amongst. The feeling of community that comes from this event is the best reason to keep holding it.

Keep tuned for updates,

Thanks again:)

Hurrikane

Last edited:
Grats to the other teams, not much luck on our side today and you guys were stronger. It's been fun :)

First year I have been active in WoF and I must say it was good fun. Thanks Hurrikane and judges for doing the good work!

thanks a lot hurricane and Gz all.

Special big gratz Team DACH !! ;)

Thnx Hurrikane!

Thnx Aia

Thnx Team Sweden

Grats to the winners of team DACH!

Back