Question: Animal tamer prof. level needed for the new mobs

montekis

Dominant
Society
xXLTXx
Montekis
Hello,

I'll try stay short.
Yesterday I found an Eudorian saphire devil and well... I wanted to get one very much, so tried it to tame it. But after a lot of time wasted, whip+fap+armor decay and I think 8 failed taming attempts I just had to give up and had to bother a soc friend with higher Tamer level to tame it for me.
I presume the failed attempts happened due to my low Animal tamer level (5). My soc friend had level 9 and it was tamed no problem.

So what is the level requirement compared to the level of the creature to be able to tame it?
Any tests/data out there?

Thanks,
Montekis

This is just the start of things to come. As the tamables mobs become higher level the skills needed to tame them will increase. Keep practicing to increase you skills or buy some skill chips to save time. New pets are in demand and plenty of ped to be made.

A certain number of fails is quite normal. However, according to my (small) experience with the new taming system, if you want to tame "easily" a level x creature, it is advisable to have at least the same level (x) in the Animal Tamer profession. Otherwise, it might be hard... Or you have to be lucky.

For a given mob, when you make progress in the Animal Tamer profession, the Spirit Threshold Line moves to the right. The higher you are in the Animal Tamer profession, the easier it is to tame.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:
For the most part with the taming my skills have increased along with the introduction of the profession. I noticed lvl1 was required to have the bristlehog spirit line near the middle and lvl3 & 4 for the bibo and Corn. For the common dragons I think it will be 6 (I'm 5 currently) and for common devils lvl7. I think the kanin would fit In between the bristle and bibo giving pretty much one every lvl if a tamer was being perfectly eco. I wouldn't be surprised if the rares continue the trend.

Back