Entropia Universe 15.2.2 Release Notes

(repeated N times)

Except for the fact MindArk themselves have claimed it is NOT a game.

sorry, sometimes missing 1 word can have way different meaning.

entropiauniverse.png

(repeated N times)

Except for the fact MindArk themselves have claimed it is NOT a game.

perhaps you should take a look here?:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?272248-Entropia-Ads

i can call everything i want how i want it...
if MA say entropia is a "3D internet virtual universe"...
that doesn't make it not a game...

and if you really and fully think that entropia is not basicaly a game (sure a game with special features RCE and the possibility to invest) then i can't help you..

Last edited:
So the tests where they showed that in fact all the multiple finds were fully amplified and not 1/3rded or 2/3rded or 1/2ed for doubles were lies evidently?

None of the tests showed that any of the multi-hit finds were less than fully amplified. I guess all those people just got a lucky multiplier on those multiple hits every single time.

Because over my last 5 years I got MANY small 1/3 size claims at the end of good amps...during my test, I did get some larger ones than I expected.
But what you are all forgetting is that each drop is NOT independent...that every FINAL drop I did on 10 of those 12 amps took into account the shittyness of the returns before it!

Sorry for the bolding but I had to. NONE of my amps were profit going into last drop...in fact the one that gave me the only multiplied drop (the Dehera) was NRF for ALL previous drops.

SO just because you see some larger hits than you should have on the last drop does NOT mean it wasn't working fine.

You need to look at the whole picture, all the drops, and understand that often on hunting crafting or mining runs, loot gets backloaded toward the end.

It is fine when it happens in hunting, but when you see it in mining, many of you assume there is bug....that is so wrong. How many last click HOF's have we got crafting, or hofs on the very last of your ammo? That's why I always carried a gun for shooting the other looted ammo opposite of my main gun (before schrap)...that's why I had the swords on me during the ATH with Stig. When runs are bad, they VERY OFTEN turn good right at the end.

The system tracks your current loot, and tries to make it more even by the end. This is a fact, despite what everyone wants to believe about the "no personal loot pool" theory.

So afaic, the final drops of mine you saw were allowed to occur because the previous drops on those amps sucked so bad.

I earned those last drops by losing on the amps up til the last drop. Others who would just use 10 50 tt minimum crafting condition L13's will NOT be so lucky. <<<THIS is the most important distinction that people forget.

Last edited:
Statistics are easily manipulatable. You can make them say whatever you want them to say. Example.. unemployment rate (fake stat), inflation (also fake), and short term loot returns (or small sample sizes.. in this case) can misinform you.

Maybe if I told you all that your dpp fluctuates by a factor of +/- 4% from the statistical base during any given hunt.. you would cry foul as well?

The system tracks your current loot, and tries to make it more even by the end.

The end of what?

The system has no idea when you intend to end your run.

Lots of players talk about needing minimum PEDs or probes for a 'run.' There is no such thing as a run as far as the system is concerned.

Its just a long string of random numbers. You can draw lines anywhere you want and say this is the end of my session or that is the end of my session but it doesn't matter.

The system doesn't care when you start and it doesn't care when you end.

Dear MA whay did you not tryed to fix it 3 years agooooooooooooo.

:shots:

The end of what?

Lots of players talk about needing minimum PEDs or probes for a 'run.' There is no such thing as a run as far as the system is concerned.

Its just a long string of random numbers. You can draw lines anywhere you want and say this is the end of my session or that is the end of my session but it doesn't matter.

how about the system knows your TT return % of each profession?

The end of what?

I would say "the end of a cycle", but the question is, what is a cycle?
For me, it's a lot of timing and balance with what and when a avatar interacts with a object.
A cycle can also be based on values related to the system and values related to the avatar.

how about the system knows your TT return % of each profession?
But wouldn't that mean that a personal loot pool exists when MA said there isn't one? Or did I misunderstand what you said. :scratch2:

But wouldn't that mean that a personal loot pool exists when MA said there isn't one? Or did I misunderstand what you said. :scratch2:

Not exactly a pool, but close to it.

Sidenote: Don´t think such a counter exists.

Maybe we should stop using words like
- "if MA loses money" (then they act fast etc) and
- "if only players lose money" (then MA can't care less etc).

It's OK as long as we all remember that it's only a figure of speech. In reality, MA never loses money, in every imaginable scenario it always comes from the general lootpool (or whatever u want to call it).
The only real difference is in the magnitude, if enough peds "go to the left" from the lootpool it might decrease the cut MA is taking from it, thus indirectly influencing their income.

Thought it's worth clearing up, 'cause some ppl seem to take expression "if MA loses money" literally, and make a conclusion the ingame lootpool is directly connented to the RL MA bank account. Which is silly. :smoke:

The end of what?

I would say "the end of a cycle", but the question is, what is a cycle?
For me, it's a lot of timing and balance with what and when a avatar interacts with a object.
A cycle can also be based on values related to the system and values related to the avatar.

Not exactly a pool, but close to it.

Sidenote: Don´t think such a counter exists.

the end of something = the x amount of ammo you went out with, the x amount of clicks you selected, the end of an amp, the x amount of your probes, the end of a swords usuable tt etc.

Some screamed for consistent returns...they got it, and this is how.

The personal loot pool arguers miss that it is not black and white....personal loot exists in ways that many fail to see. It is NOT a yes or no issue... and the definition of it is a million times different than most think it is.

the end of something = the x amount of ammo you went out with, the x amount of clicks you selected, the end of an amp, the x amount of your probes, the end of a swords usuable tt etc.

The personal loot pool arguers miss that it is not black and white....personal loot exists in ways that many fail to see. It is NOT a yes or no issue... and the definition of it is a million times different than most think it is.

i agree that there are some factors that modify loot based on previous avatar actions, however the end of a run can not be a criteria for the system otherwise i would tt all my ammo and do just lots and lots of 50 ped runs to modify my returns closer to 90% - but that doesnt work.
You still have to cycle a set amount of peds depending on mob type to get roughly a 90% average - if you continuously fall short of matching the needed length of the run you likely can end up loosing a hell of alot more.
I have seen this for years hunting in space with people just doing some short hunting sessions compared to my own steady ongoing ones and all the other influencing factors in space like location/time/weapon are pretty much standardized if you hunt on the same ship and basically your ship does about 95% of all the hunting that is performed on that mob type/server.

i agree that there are some factors that modify loot based on previous avatar actions, however the end of a run can not be a criteria for the system otherwise i would tt all my ammo and do just lots and lots of 50 ped runs to modify my returns closer to 90% - but that doesnt work.
You still have to cycle a set amount of peds depending on mob type to get roughly a 90% average - if you continuously fall short of matching the needed length of the run you likely can end up loosing a hell of alot more.
I have seen this for years hunting in space with people just doing some short hunting sessions compared to my own steady ongoing ones and all the other influencing factors in space like location/time/weapon are pretty much standardized if you hunt on the same ship and basically your ship does about 95% of all the hunting that is performed on that mob type/server.

You are right, and no it doesn't work all the time...but it is enough to notice...some actions are less likely to be noticeable, others are more likely and amps are one of the most likely to normalize on the last drop or two than any other action with L bps coming in a close second. Run size matters, ur right, 200 ammo on prots will not ever likely show the trend to backload the loot. But 1k runs on prots will...sometimes they are front-loaded too. But none of my amps were. And so when a hunt or an amp has nothing in the first 80%, I can be very sure that it does in the last 20% if I am doing big enough cycles, and so it was no surprise at all to me (after I thought about it) that some bigger than expected loots came on last drops.

sorry, sometimes missing 1 word can have way different meaning.

entropiauniverse.png
That image does not correlate with previous consumer information where MA have stated explicitly "It's not a game".

That image does not correlate with previous consumer information where MA have stated explicitly "It's not a game".

They said: Its not a game, its a universe!

perhaps you should take a look here?:
showthread.php
Perhaps you should rather study the following image?
g1.jpg

i can call everything i want how i want it...
... and everyone is free to ignore you due to such display of ignorance or plain stupidity.

if MA say entropia is a "3D internet virtual universe"...
that doesn't make it not a game...
Stating "It's not a game" does. It's an absolute statement.

and if you really and fully think that entropia is not basicaly a game (sure a game with special features RCE and the possibility to invest) then i can't help you..
I'll let the readers decide which one of us is in most need of help.

Look ppl why dont you look at it from different angle? When you make a quick buck on your client do you tell them? When you charge a client a lot of money just because you needed it and he could get a better deal somewhere else do you tell them? When you make a mistake do you tell your clients about it or lie your ass off?

You are clients, MA is lying to you!
Get over it is just business!

MA could/would never admit if this mining bug was an advantage. Can you imagine the fallout?

maybe not so much as a fallout...
but yeah I can see how they'd make the statement to cover it up..

at the same time, who really knows?

one thing's for sure tho; if it was happening; it's corrected now...
thankfully...

When you charge a client a lot of money just because you needed it and he could get a better deal somewhere else do you tell them?
When I ran a business, I did. I was required by law, and I was (unfortunately one of the few, it seems) following the law.

What surprised me the most was that every client basically replied "Understood. We still want you". In retrospect, I've come to realize that's a sign of trust, and (hopefully) that what I delivered was quality.

If there was an alternative to EU, would MindArk enjoy the same?

When I ran a business, I did. I was required by law, and I was (unfortunately one of the few, it seems) following the law.

What surprised me the most was that every client basically replied "Understood. We still want you". In retrospect, I've come to realize that's a sign of trust, and (hopefully) that what I delivered was quality.

If there was an alternative to EU, would MindArk enjoy the same?

I dont know i guess a lot of ppl would try that alternative game at least. Some day that will happen too for sure and we will see :)

OMG! The Double Pet Exploit will explode our EU economy as we know it :eyecrazy:.

X amount of ammo and so on are cycles... ;) Longterm cycles are based on the skills imo.
On every type of cycles you have peaks, the trick is to have your loot build up values maxed
when they come.

Imo the system use several layers for the loot, some are personal (the build up value is one), other
layers are not personal.
Each layer are probably not that advanced, but when you combine them, you get almost endless
amount of variations in values.
Using dynamic code, its (very simplified) just one value vs another that needs to be matched
perfectly to hit the good loot. :)

OMG! The Double Pet Exploit will explode our EU economy as we know it :eyecrazy:.
Better than double exploits exploding our pets - that would piss me off, not to mention my pets!

OK, so now the sky is falling? Time to run in circles, scream and shout? Antisemitism! Antisemitism!

:)

Back