Entropia Universe 15.2.2 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Changes

• An issue causing severe client memory leaks for systems with certain Nvidia graphics card models has been corrected.
  • Mining finders no longer allow searches if the condition of the attached amplifier is below the amount required for all of the selected search types. In the past, when the attached amplifier's condition was lower than required to provide full amplification for all selected search types, the loot calculation was modified based on remaining condition and selected search types. Though we cannot discuss in detail the inner workings of the loot algorithm, we can assure everyone that no overall economic advantage was gained in such situations. However, in order to present a more consistent and transparent user experience when employing mining finders with amplifiers attached, searches will now be limited according to the remaining condition of the attached amplifier and search types selected.
Known Issues

• On random occasions a pet will remain spawned in the world when your avatar logs out, causing double pets when logging back in. To avoid this issue, be sure to dismiss your pet before logging out. This issue will be corrected in an upcoming patch.

Originally Posted Here

Though we cannot discuss in detail the inner workings of the loot algorithm, we can assure everyone that no overall economic advantage was gained in such situations.

Damn.. that means loot wont get better from now on :rolleyes:

Damn.. that means loot wont get better from now on :rolleyes:

personal loot pool conspiracy just developed into personal loot factors which, in this case.. clearly must provide some balancing to a theoretical long-term payback of ~90%.

MA could/would never admit if this mining bug was an advantage. Can you imagine the fallout?

lol

so all those that thought they was getting something for nothing , have just been kidding themselves ?

(the so called mining exploit )

Last edited:
Surely it was better before and merely a comment about how the loot was calculated accordingly would've been more than sufficient!

In the past, when the attached amplifier's condition was lower than required to provide full amplification for all selected search types, the loot calculation was modified based on remaining condition and selected search types.

So Taco was right even though he thought he wasn't.

Usually the only quick fixes are if its 'not' the players 'loosing' something all the other bug reports were players are at a disadvantage and loose more then they should usually take years to get fixed...

Looking forward to some serious bugfixing for space if the above practise has now changed ;)

yeah right, no economic advantage was gained, thats why you decide to put out a mini patch for it in the middle of the week, since in all the years, you are known by and have gained a huge reputation with your transparency.

GL swallowing this one everyone

Resolved

Patch is not downloading... restarting every time with 25.92 MB. :wise:

Anyone else with this issue?

Resolved

Last edited:
Some of you need to take the tin foil hat off. No matter what they did.. you all would cry foul and some overarching conspiracy.

My take on it as there was so much of an uproar that they changed the UI to force what they otherwise allowed the back end handle.. which created confusion particularly because many of us are now deep number crunchers.. squeezing pecs (giggity) and min/maxing dpp at every turn. This type of change is consistent with all other changes they've made in the last year.. to make things clearer or at least more user friendly.

I don't know why some of you still play if you have this much paranoia or distrust of the company that creates this game.

I don't know why some of you still play if you have this much paranoia or distrust of the company that creates this game.

sorry i don't have much trust in a company that even messes up easy event winner calculations...

but i don't have to, because i never did any withdraw and guess i never will...and i never "invested" that much money here...
i never payed more in (at once) than i could have lost by a hard escalation drinking night in the city..

the people investing in LA and high end gear (like ul amps) should have some little more paranoia...but i think they have to "fool" themselves that they made a good decision trusting MA with tons of money...

EDIT:
there are tons of examples where they messed up:
-no loot sand king /hussk
-all people getting tower until server went down again
-pop dragon lootboost
-L13 repairing
-indoor mining bug lately (don't know how it really worked ask taco)
-"all entropia in one player inventory"
add to the list

so yea...they never make any mistakes

Last edited:
I agree with this guy

Some of you need to take the tin foil hat off. No matter what they did.. you all would cry foul and some overarching conspiracy.

My take on it as there was so much of an uproar that they changed the UI to force what they otherwise allowed the back end handle.. which created confusion particularly because many of us are now deep number crunchers.. squeezing pecs (giggity) and min/maxing dpp at every turn. This type of change is consistent with all other changes they've made in the last year.. to make things clearer or at least more user friendly.

no matter what MA do some people will still complain

sorry i don't have much trust in a company that even messes up easy event winner calculations...

but i don't have to, because i never did any withdraw and guess i never will...and i never "invested" that much money here...
i never payed more in (at once) than i could have lost by a hard escalation drinking night in the city..

the people investing in LA and high end gear (like ul amps) should have some little more paranoia...but i think they have to "fool" themselves that they made a good decision trusting MA with tons of money...

EDIT:
there are tons of examples where they messed up:
-no loot sand king /hussk
-all people getting tower until server went down again
-pop dragon lootboost
-L13 repairing
-indoor mining bug lately (don't know how it really worked ask taco)
-"all entropia in one player inventory"
add to the list

You clearly never worked in IT. It is a testament to them that they haven't made far far worse errors.

You clearly never worked in IT. It is a testament to them that they haven't made far far worse errors.

lol what? what is this argument?

they can't mess up becaue they didn't mess up really really hard in the past just a little?

you serious?

yes i don't work in IT..but i did some c++ in diploma thesis and my room mate programs that little navigation systems for audi (and often explains to me how IT-production works, in general how it works)...
perhaps i am not that "stupid comedy actor" all you ppl think..

Last edited:
Quite a "ferry tail", Bertha.

Such a "bug" resemble so much with certain code implemented both in telecom hardware and software, allowing backdoor access either to involved programmers or by request of organisations, that looks like a hidden feature.

It stinks to high heaven. I would really, really want to know who wrote the early MA code.

Absolutely not related, 2 days after now the famous thread was started.. kaboom the 2nd ever ATH in hunting.

Last edited:
Wow an assurance from MA, that makes me feel great.... :laugh:

I have to agree 100% with LT on this (+rep)

A good statement from MAs side, it actually tells us more about the loot system and strategy then most would think. You could probably slot in any tinfoil hat theory about how this is a "cover up" though, but the fact is that what they said here makes perfect sense without tinfoil in the mix.

I also doubt that MA would update the system and simply let the matter go if there was a economic advantage to certain players... we would probably see a tsunami wave of bans if that was the case.

lol what? what is this argument?

they can't mess up becaue they didn't mess up really really hard in the past just a little?

you serious?

yes i don't work in IT..but i did some c++ in diploma thesis and my room mate programs that little navigation systems for audi (and often explains to me how IT-production works, in general how it works)...
perhaps i am not that "stupid comedy actor" all you ppl think..

The point is that for a company to mess up as few times as MA has in its 10+ year lifespan working on such a large code base is impressive from a software engineering perspective, certainly when you consider that MA is one of the only game companies outside of Indie POCs making large system changes on a regular basis.

Cheers
Zweshi

(i think i misunderstoot what atomicstorm wanted to say, so sry but i still let the first part here)

The point is that for a company to mess up as few times as MA has in its 10+ year lifespan working on such a large code base is impressive from a software engineering perspective, certainly when you consider that MA is one of the only game companies outside of Indie POCs making large system changes on a regular basis.

yes, i really really understand that...taht's also the thing why we see so much bugs...i bet no old programer which set the loot algorithm up is working there anymore for example...

but it is absolutely irrelevant argument here...let me explain you:
-they have alot of code, which got developed over lots of years with lots of different people involved
-every VU there is bugs.
-there were some times where these bugs let people lose or gain more then they have could normaly
-but these occure relatively few times for the huge amount of (propably spaghetti) code they have
=> there can't be any big exploit happening and you should always 100% trust MA in everything...
this doesn't work!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and the point about the old question "why you play if you don't trust":
as i said for me it is a GAME...and even if you want to invest it is a GAME, YOU ARE INVESTING IN A GAME..
A GAME TO PLAY...
i try to beat the GAME..and if others want LA i get them arkoins at 120% because that is a good way for me to play this game and to play with not paying much...a real mission, no other games give me sth like that...(and not something like kill 10k atrox, because? yes because?)..
this GAME just offers something else than all otehr games out there..
and if this game will die at some point (and yes it will, nothing lasts forever) i say well, those times are over now, but i had fun playing the GAME..and not think...
oh no i did a bad investment..
or damn they robbed me..

and to sum up the whole mining exploit thing... it was also part of the game for me, try to figure out IF it is exploit and HOW one could test it...i never logged in with my account much over those days but still heavily played this game...of course i got flamed by lots of ppl, the "investors"..but i just see them as obstacles i have to take...to find the truth...which is a big part in beating this GAME

Last edited:

Nobody ever said that!

And if you would have a clue of coding, then you would know, there is "NO" bugfree code!

And its not uncomon, that fixing a bug can result in some other bug creation!

Changes

• . In the past, when the attached amplifier's condition was lower than required to provide full amplification for all selected search types, the loot calculation was modified based on remaining condition and selected search types.

So basicly MA was making money from it.. now I get it why they didn't fix it faster :D

Do 3* search with 20 pedd TT LVL13 amp & find 1 type = 1/3rd of amplified find, 2/3 rd ampliefed profit for MA

Or am I misunderstanding this?

Nobody ever said that!

And if you would have a clue of coding, then you would know, there is "NO" bugfree code!

And its not uncomon, that fixing a bug can result in some other bug creation!

yea i think i misunderstood and did false interpretation...i edited my last post to make clear

So basicly MA was making money from it.. now I get it why they didn't fix it faster :D

Do 3* search with 20 pedd TT LVL13 amp & find 1 type = 1/3rd of amplified find, 2/3 rd ampliefed profit for MA

Or am I misunderstanding this?
Yeah that's how I read it! :beerchug: In reality, only the people who thought they were getting an advantage by using this bug, were exploiting themselves. :yup:

Some people make me laugh. :laugh:

Changes

In the past, when the attached amplifier's condition was lower than required to provide full amplification for all selected search types, the loot calculation was modified based on remaining condition and selected search types.

So the tests where they showed that in fact all the multiple finds were fully amplified and not 1/3rded or 2/3rded or 1/2ed for doubles were lies evidently?

None of the tests showed that any of the multi-hit finds were less than fully amplified. I guess all those people just got a lucky multiplier on those multiple hits every single time.

Last edited:
*Snipped******
Though we cannot discuss in detail the inner workings of the loot algorithm, we can assure everyone that no overall economic advantage was gained in such situations.

Back