Z12 Barbarella does not advance in Tier level?

kad

Hi all,
I've only been playing for a couple of days but I've noticed something odd about the Z12 Barbarella rifle from the starter pack I bought. Despite using it non-stop for almost a day, it's Tier level has not gone up at all. Yet I used the two weapons from the intro scenario (a pistol and a laser rifle whose name I can't recall right now) and within about 15 minutes of hunting punys both had gone up over Tier 1 and opened their first enhancer slot. Is the Z12 not supposed to go up in Tier? it's the same Dmg/Hit professions as the other rifle I have, so I don't' believe that's the issue.

Thanks,
-K

UL items tier much more slowly than L items. on some UL items it can be months before even a few bumps. L Items blaze through them. Oddly, even with UL high tier numbers you can get 2 or 3 points in a tier in 30 minutes.. then sometimes it can take 3 months or longer to get a single point.

Hello m8, and welcome to EU. Have you found yourself a mentor and starter soc? They can easily give solid answers like the one above.

Also, the slots open automatically on L items, on UL you have to unlock them with different materials, when getting to tier x.9

The rate at which item increase in tiers is pretty random, much like skill gains. Sometimes none, then next day a lot. Also, look at tier rates on item info page. Yours may have low tier rates. It's different for every item and completely random.

on top of all of the above, tiering such a low level weapon is basically useless and not worth the cost

on top of all of the above, tiering such a low level weapon is basically useless and not worth the cost

This exactly, you're better of using better (L) weapons as your skills go up. Also amps can provide better damage increases for a better cost at a low level for sure. You really don't want to use up PEDs to tier up a UL weapon when you'll quickly be leveling up and unlocking more weapon options.

This exactly, you're better of using better (L) weapons as your skills go up. Also amps can provide better damage increases for a better cost at a low level for sure. You really don't want to use up PEDs to tier up a UL weapon when you'll quickly be leveling up and unlocking more weapon options.

You could tier it up as a "fun thing"; tier up a weapon to get the skills for it and just try to get it as high up as possible, for the thing itself. You probably want to be very dedicated though in hunting the creatures the wepons is most optimal for, so this might be for those who really love to hunt punies, rather than to step up fast in mob size.

One reason to tier up can be to (potentially) be able to add range enhancers to the weapon; to use it as a short-distance tagger. Each slot makes it possible with a 5% range enhancement, so you probably want to open up at least 4 enhancer slots for this to be fun, and do it on a weapon with least range 66m (giving 66*1.20=79m). Sometimes it can be fun to shoot a few shots at a mob before it reaches you (and start to hurt you).

Another thing is selecting which weapon you want to spend time in tiering up. One aspect of it, is if the weapon is tradeable (if you can sell/give it away), and the other aspect of it is the tier values. The rule of thumb I use for repairable weapons is tier value above 100=good, below 100=bad(ish); over say 150 great, under 20 really bad. The rate your weapon goes up in tiers depends on these tier values, so you may want to look through the list of tier rates (especially for your current tier if you feel it feels slow, and all tiers or at least the first ones for a weapon you consider buying).

But, again, in terms of tier "efficiency", for low-level weapons, it's probably not worth it in a pure economical way - if you have a 4.0 dmg weapon, it's just complicated to tier it and buy a stack of enhancers to get to 4.4 dmg.

I would agree for the most part with the value of tiering low stuff.. but on the other hand.. I've had quite a bit of fun with accuracy enhancers in small guns.

I'd never recommend anything but the accuracy enhancers for them as the crits.... when they do hit.. can negate half the cost of killing a mob for some mobs. using the little SI scorpion.. with 83 attacks a minute, it is kind of fun to see the crits pop. granted the cost is very cheap and if you make your own enhancers, they last a long time in small guns compared to the big ones. Of course most of these guns like the scorpion or the barbarella.. should only be used on the puny and a hair above mobs.

Having mentioned this... id probably not go past tier 3 on any small guns even with the accuracy enhancers. sadly we cannot do a full "crit" or "min/max" build in entropia. but.. thats the closest I've seen.

Thanks for all the info guys. I'm still just poking around, seeing what's fun and what I'd like to do in the game (Although shooting things is one of my favorites in any game :) )

-K

Back