New Top Gear Host

slither

Marauder
Society
Rangers
Snake Slither Hellfire
Now that Clarkson has been fired they're looking for a new host, there's some pretty boring choices in the running according to the bookies but here's my choice:

I heard she's doing the German version atm, but the BBC should really try and get her over here. Just the fact of replacing Clarkson with a German women would be worth it :laugh:

Beating a dead horse.

No clarkson, no top gear.

I'm afraid thats correct .
I dont think other two will sign without him.

So off to Sky they go ;)

If there was a choice though mine would be Jay K.

I never liked that Sabine when she was in a few of the UK Top Gears, I'm glad she didnt become a irregular guest. I found her cold, sarcastic and irritating.

I definitely dont want her to become a host.

I'm sure they can get 3 people together who are into cars and can lark about. My bet is at least one will be a former presenter of Fifth Gear.

I vote Rowan Atkison for the job

I vote Rowan Atkison for the job

That would be an excellent choice, imagine the facial expressions he would pull when driving a sub-par car! :D

rowan_atkinson.jpg

Helps he is world famous because of Mr Bean too.

I vote Mike Tyson, he would at least finish "the producer" job properly...:laugh::boxer:

That would be an excellent choice, imagine the facial expressions he would pull when driving a sub-par car! :D

rowan_atkinson.jpg

Helps he is world famous because of Mr Bean too.

He is actually a great driver -the two lil accidents with his mclaren F1 :)

schnell schnell.....

Chris Evans is talentless (IMHO) and I can honestly say that any time I have switched channels and seen his face on the TV screen I have immediately switched to another channel.

The BBC need to realise they f****d up over this whole Clarkson debacle and in the process they've also lost Hammond and May. Ergo Top Gear as a brand is now not worth a dime. It was worth UKP 175 million in annual revenue.

I look forward to seeing Clarkson, Hammond & May presenting a new car show for a commercial channel in the near future.

Evans should stick to radio... Where no one can see his face.

The show died to me after what they did to the Tesla. I realized how biased and moronic they are sometimes in order to please the big corporations.

Watch it for the jokes guys, because you are not getting any kind of informed advice from that show.

I read on the internet somewhere a comment:

"The closest analogy I can think of is if the Beatles had all quit, but their producers owned the name, and announced that an all new lineup of the Beatles would be back. It's depressing."

Sums up my thoughts on these news quite good.

I think the three hosts made top gear.

However I am very interested to see what Evans does with it.

I know he is a huge car fan, but the balance between cars and stupid stuff is what made clarksons topgear great.

Time will tell.

It's all just so yawn now. Top Gear died. It hasn't been a serious motoring show for so long, and because it didn't pretend to be, I enjoyed watching it.

Without the trio of buffoons it truly feels dead to me, perhaps Evans can do something with it, but I just find him so abhorrently annoying.

My choice would be Chris Harris along with some juxtaposing characters to his more contemplative and serious reviewing.

topgear.jpg

So is it working?

Will it get a 2nd series to tweak things and alter the line up?

I'll give it time to work but there is little 'chemistry' between the hosts at present & as many have said elsewhere Matt is suprisingly good in the role.

topgear.jpg

So is it working?

Will it get a 2nd series to tweak things and alter the line up?

I'll give it time to work but there is little 'chemistry' between the hosts at present & as many have said elsewhere Matt is suprisingly good in the role.

Haven't watched the new incarnation but from what I've been reading, Evans is isn't popular but Matt is. I understand there's no chemistry between them after Evans blamed Matt for doing donuts outside one of the monuments. I think there definitely will be a second season but either without Evans, because they get rid of him, or Matt because he quits. Of course this is all wild speculation from somebody that hasn't even watched it :)

Back