Petition to remove Explosive BPs (or change them)

Status
Keep the BP I would say;

If you're able to hunt without paying MU ( TT gun + ammo)
If you're able to mine without MU (TT finder + probes)

Why shouldn't there be a possibility to craft without MU? :confused:

so youre comparing a small TT gun and finder to a lvl 7 BP?

lol just lol

so youre comparing a small TT gun and finder to a lvl 7 BP?

lol just lol

You can buy uL gear (one time investment) and then hunt dasplators, without paying any markup again for your whole EU life.

Sidenote: Nice uL gear for hunters is not crafted, its looted by hunters!

Just FYI - not all UL items (including weapons) are looted, but yes, most is looted.

there you mention two other things that make eu no good economy..
1.ul
2."not crafted, looted by hunters"

so because the basic circumstances are not very good to keep good material economy going we should destroy all thats left?

You can buy uL gear (one time investment) and then hunt dasplators, without paying any markup again for your whole EU life.

the investment for that, is a lot higher compared to owning a single BP that allows you to hit much higher multipliers, and I dont think you can point out a single player that looted his whole UL armor set that allows you to hunt at such levels.
Lets not even get into the skills reqs comparison.

Comparing IV exp bp (cost around 3-5k for a qr100) and skills around 1k to be able to max the bp.
Total = 6k

To

Hunting dasps???
Please point me in the direction i can get unlimited, gun, amp, fap, armour, hp skills, and hunting skills to max the gun, all for the price of 6k. Seriously, i am dying to know.

Rgds

Ace

there you mention two other things that make eu no good economy..
1.ul
2."not crafted, looted by hunters"

so because the basic circumstances are not very good to keep good material economy going we should destroy all thats left?

That's the reason why I voted to remove/change this BP. The consumable economy was sickly enough as it was; I never did agree with Mindark dropping so many UL guns. I thought the L economy was a great idea when it was launched: I used to pay 200% for a Korss H400 and I found it far easier to break even with that gun than I do nowadays. I'd loot a steady stream of L weapons, gazz, irons etc and it would all sell within hours of listing it. Compared to nowadays, I can list L items at MU and they wont sell for weeks.

are you saying that before this BP crafter alone was making economie running.and now , the whole economie is crashed because of that bp ?

Im saying that it had huge impact. Why? Because people play for globals/hofs. And that BP is crazy good for that!

However real crafters (who make items) dont have much items to craft for profit... Armors - slow decaying so no need much to craft, weapons - lot of UL SIB, lot of looted by hunters, so crafters do not craft at all... So basicaly mining amps left?... Need to rebalance something... but what... and how... Let MA think about that :)

yes, 5 pay 5% tax...

like goni saying if crafter dont have to buy any thing from hunter or miners to crafter

can i get a guns like the mod merk and have it tt everything to my ped card so i can go kill mobs whit out any decay just to see swirlys hunter could do laser amo

same for miner just give that a finder whit no decays and boom ped goes in your ped cards or miner could do blp amo

if they cant make the universe use all items so every one need some stuff from each profession this game is doom in the long run

unless they go for a subcribtion game whit no value on items

i like it better when i started paying 150% plus for L gun looted and crafted because when i got gun or other items in loot i got the same for my stuff if i got lucky i could play a long time for a few 100 dollars a month

now not worth my time

Hehe, some players (like Saurn Accolade Cerillas) are absolutely zero loot on EL. Remove them from petition :)
This is traders maybe, but not a players :)

Traders are players...
LA owners are players...
Shop owners are players...
Event organizers are players...
Sweaters are players...
Tamers are players...
Pirates are players...
Healers are players...

Not just Miner/Crafter/Hunter, people do other things in this game, and those things influence the economy as well! Everyone is a player! :wise:

Add me to the list:

Sholle Von Cartiz

Hello everyone.

After a bit of investigation, it turns out that Explosive projectiles with ingredients from TT is to blame. [QOUTE]

And you did not see this a mile off?

It is a blatant attack on what mining was, should be, could have been, and was.

Miners kept eu going for 3 years from 2006 to 2009 while they were trying to work out how to nerf hunting. Then they did this and said, " hey. let's make miners and crafters remedial players too".

Not so tough.
Signed anyway.

Last edited:
As some of you might be aware, i was an active miner a couple of years ago, and was playing pretty actively since 2006. In recent years some RL issues prevented me from actively playing, but i kept an eye on the market. This month i came back to pick up mining again, and frankly was horrified to learn what happened to markups.

After a bit of investigation, it turns out that Explosive projectiles with ingredients from TT is to blame. While i can understand the attraction of cheap residue, this in effect has ruined mining. While markups were steadily declining over the years, with some spikes for certain minerals, mining was still one of the safest professions when playing smart, and even allowed for certain risk taking with bigger amps in certain areas. Now however vast majority of areas are just worthless. There are only a select few minerals still having any reasonable markup, and they are usually among other worthless crap.

I don't see a problem with a BP for ammo using TT mats...

I do understand that the flood of residue is not good!

Last edited:
I don't see a problem with a BP for ammo using TT mats...

I do understand that the flood of residue is not good!

Really, no problem? No issue... it's fine people are burning peds on shitty bps without an outside impact, an otherwise useful moment in their gaming lives.

Nah. It's cool. If in gametime we get fucked over, and this is OK. Then what are your IRL standards?

Really, no problem? No issue... it's fine people are burning peds on shitty bps without an outside impact, an otherwise useful moment in their gaming lives.

Nah. It's cool. If in gametime we get fucked over, and this is OK. Then what are your IRL standards?
I think you misunderstand my post!

all I mean is if you're going to craft something like (L) weapons that will sell with some mu, it's understandable that the mats needed would have some markup... however if you're going to craft ammo, it seems like there shouldn't be any problem with the mats being from the TT!

does it make sense that mined resources that might normally sell for 110% would be used to craft ammo?

I know I wouldn't want to have to buy ammo from the TT for 110% to hunt!

I get the issue with residue, but shouldn't this petition be to remove residue from ammo crafting returns, not remove the BP? people have paid big money for the BPs, and invested in their quality ratings!

Eric Shade Avenged

no way

the explosive bp's are great, dont ever remove them.

It takes some time for the system to addapt.

and yes, mining markup will go down but that was about time.

its great for the game.

only thing thats questionable imo is the 20 ped one, kinda big. but well, thats a choice.

and really, residue shouldnt have markup anyway, its bullshit to create markup with filling up crafts

Hang on a minute...

Well mining still got some markup, much better markup than hunting and crafting.

Now its a little more difficult on mining, no longer granted profits for those with knowlege and all start to whine.
Some cheese to it!

Hardest proffession to break even always was and still is crafting.
Then comes hunting, without item drops there is nearly nothing with some markup left.

And there is mining, at momnet still offering best markups for many ores/enmatters, a lot better than other proffessions.

Leave the Explo how it is, fair enough that crafters can play at only TT input instead always have to pay markup!

Do you have to pay markup for your probes?
Do you have to pay markup for repairing your finder and extracter (well if it is L yes, but nobody forces you to use L)

Why all want crafters beeing forced to be only able to play when paying markups to other proffessions that like to break even on markups or even profit, while there is nearly nothing left that a crafter could sell with markup, as there is tons of looted stuff way better than anything craftable.

So STFU

Adapt or leave, and don´t let the door hit you in the back.

Regards

a CRAFTER !

You are missing some things here... There is lots of opportunity for crafting profits. Enhancers, basic sheet metal, and if you can't craft weapons and armors that have good markup then you are still a noob crafter and shouldn't be whining either about crafting markups.

Yes, CHANGES need to be made to EP.

EP should NOT drop metal residue with loot. That would fix so many problems. It is not established that nanocubes are metal, therefore they should not drop metal residue. Where prints use only TT ingredients in, only TT ingredients out should be allowed. It would be logical then, for nanocubes to drop in lieu of residue. Worst case, replace it with shrapnel, I mean c'mon. But don't replace it with residue that used to have real markup. Losing that markup on residue really HAS taken the profit out of a lot of crafting. No one made basic filters or standard dampers for the filters or dampers, but for the residue. Ya know? Or most of the other components either. It was all about the residue because it often had more markup than the item being crafted.

You can still keep your EP, but make this one little change, no more metal residue from EP crafting, and you will see that markups will bounce back up...

But also, everyone is ignoring the laws of supply and demand here. When those uber ores become TT food, the prints needing them will be gambled with by people who would never in the past conceived of clicking them. Once they get hooked on making these other items, they will see the light, and may give up on EP completely in the end.

So regardless, this situation we are in now is entirely temporary. Besides, do you honestly think MA will let EP go without nerfing them like they did ore amps? And then, we will see what 20 peds a click does to the EP gamblers after a good strong nerf that we all know will come eventually.

You can still keep your EP, but make this one little change, no more metal residue from EP crafting, and you will see that markups will bounce back up...

but why MU should go up ?
what is so bad about MU beeing low ?

but why MU should go up ?
what is so bad about MU beeing low ?

With MUs being this low, mining isn't viable anymore in vast majority of areas. And since it's by far most boring profession, i doubt anyone would mine with no chance to at least break even unless you hit a tower. And as Strash log has shown, over millions of peds cycled returns average out, so with 90% return and most ores currently being under 110% atm, it's just not viable long term.

With MUs being this low, mining isn't viable anymore in vast majority of areas. And since it's by far most boring profession, i doubt anyone would mine with no chance to at least break even unless you hit a tower. And as Strash log has shown, over millions of peds cycled returns average out, so with 90% return and most ores currently being under 110% atm, it's just not viable long term.

Can't you mine areas with rare ores?

My usual spot;

Azzurdite - 115%
Gold - 257%
Terrudite - 138%
Caldorite - 111%
Narcanisum - 109%
Blausarium - 103%
Adomasite - 108%
Niksarium - 113%

And that is about it. Place has mostly cald and narc. About 20% niks and 5% gold/terrudite. Enought to break even on a 90% run. And I know there are plenty of spots like this around that anyone can mine using a cheap L finder like the tk120 and some basic skills and it doesn't even have any hard to find or rare ores.

Agreed that mining is boring as hell.

Edit: Basically free lottery tickets for anyone with some patience patience.

Last edited:

other profession that i know have worthe figure.in fact , all hunter and crafter would love to have 90% TT return with 110% mu average..and to be honest , i always though you had to love mining to do it...

your point is if i understand good :

mining is mega boring , and since price of ore go down , i will go do something else.

oki , lets continue :
all miner who do it just for money will stop mining , there will be less miner , suply and demand will stabilise , and all will be fine in wonderfull world.

so please can some people explain me why that BP is so bad for the game ?

add me Iam seldomseen hardwork

Very bad decision on MA part
not only for veteran crafters but also up and coming crafters like myself who will be drawn to these bp to craft
But will effect the economy in a negative way for a long time to come... !

Granny hit it right on the nail....

Also I don't know if MA needed a quick infusion of cash or what
but I can't see this lasting long without effecting the game in a big way

You are missing some things here... There is lots of opportunity for crafting profits. Enhancers, basic sheet metal, and if you can't craft weapons and armors that have good markup then you are still a noob crafter and shouldn't be whining either about crafting markups.

Please tell me where to get the generic components I need to craft the weapons I crafted in the past that could be sold at break even MU? It just don´t drop, so no way to craft it.
I am not that much armor crafter, but how many Lich, Spectre BPs exist, and the L ones, yes Orca is nice cold armor, but not enough Chomper wool to get enough Cold Fabric, not to speak of Ultra Cold Fabric for the Harness.
Not enough resources to craft that things.
What is craftable regularly (doesn´t need some special extremly rar or just not dropping component) is just crab or BP for it not available! The handful of crafters owning it will not sell it, so craft crap armors for TT and hope to loot the BP myself (actually what I do!)
Situation with Ark BPs is better, but I am not at Ark and I don´t want to move to Ark, I am a Caly kid, and this is Caly Forum, you know why I post here ?

EP should NOT drop metal residue with loot. That would fix so many problems. It is not established that nanocubes are metal, therefore they should not drop metal residue. Where prints use only TT ingredients in, only TT ingredients out should be allowed. It would be logical then, for nanocubes to drop in lieu of residue. Worst case, replace it with shrapnel, I mean c'mon. But don't replace it with residue that used to have real markup. Losing that markup on residue really HAS taken the profit out of a lot of crafting. No one made basic filters or standard dampers for the filters or dampers, but for the residue. Ya know? Or most of the other components either. It was all about the residue because it often had more markup than the item being crafted.

About the components for residue, well there is a lot components that still sell, that produce residue aswell, no need to craft the TT food components to get residue. Actually I never understood why people did that, as crafting Basic Sheet Metal makes residue too and product is sellable.

Removing residue from EP BP, why ? It is crafted for ATH and it is comon drop, MU for the comon drop is down.
It would be the same, when miner uses L13 amps, hits Lyst/Oil ATH, and people would complain, remove oil/lyst from L13 amp finds, the HoF hit with it is dropping MU to much. LOL

But also, everyone is ignoring the laws of supply and demand here. When those uber ores become TT food, the prints needing them will be gambled with by people who would never in the past conceived of clicking them. Once they get hooked on making these other items, they will see the light, and may give up on EP completely in the end.
Many already gave up on L4 Explo, because it is simple PED sink, instant loss BP, last days I often have seen people selling their Explo IV BP (with nice QR on it), as long there is some markup left on the BP. MU on this BP surley will go further down :D Just because it is shit, and only good to gamble for ATH.
And we are far away from having, gold, ruga, dunkel, dianum, dianthus, Langoz, Chalmon and many more ores/enmatter as TT food.

So regardless, this situation we are in now is entirely temporary.

Agree here, read Etopias post.
Additionally some crafters who click Explo IV will give up on it, due to high losses.

Besides, do you honestly think MA will let EP go without nerfing them like they did ore amps? And then, we will see what 20 peds a click does to the EP gamblers after a good strong nerf that we all know will come eventually.

If MA nerfs the Explo BP, it is because you all cry for that nerf !
So please don´t complain after the nerf, that MUs on L amps, L gear that is crafted will go up to where it was befor Explo BP.

You all miss to see the advantages of low MU on residue!

Can't you mine areas with rare ores?

My usual spot;

Azzurdite - 115%
Gold - 257%
Terrudite - 138%
Caldorite - 111%
Narcanisum - 109%
Blausarium - 103%
Adomasite - 108%
Niksarium - 113%

And that is about it. Place has mostly cald and narc. About 20% niks and 5% gold/terrudite. Enought to break even on a 90% run. And I know there are plenty of spots like this around that anyone can mine using a cheap L finder like the tk120 and some basic skills and it doesn't even have any hard to find or rare ores.

Agreed that mining is boring as hell.

Edit: Basically free lottery tickets for anyone with some patience patience.

Agreed, you can go after rares. But realistically how many areas contain something like gold or redu? And meanwhile fresh miner starting out, has no chance for break even (let alone profit) while still exploring areas and skilling up to level high enough to use deep finders for rares.

Status
Back