Help needed with finding and copying WMC slideshow

sibernut

Mature
Society
VTOL Flyers
first cibernut alive
I've created a slideshow using Windows Media Center (WMC) and can play it using WMC without issue, but I want to copy it to a USB drive. The problem I have is I cannot locate the location of the slideshow file itself by looking in any of the usual places like Music, Pictures, Videos. So, where does WMC save slideshows to by default? If I can find it then copying it to USB should be fairly strait forward. Thanks if anyone can help.

Any help here appreciated. Thanks.

Have you looked inside C:\users\public ?

Thanks Meric. Yes, I looked under Users/Public/Public Music/Playlists and there is a file there exactly as I named the slideshow, but if I click on the file, first a sound track I included is played until the end, then the images for the slideshow are shown in the right order. Problem is that I need the sound track playing in the background just like it does if it's run through Media Center. If I copy it as it is, then this won't happen as for some reason the formatting is lost. :(

Um - I'm out of ideas. I don't use WMC, and only suggested the location as it is often the 'alternate'.

perhaps try to find "save as" in this program...
if you didn't change something it should open a path to the directory where you saved the other...
with the lost formating, perhaps open the file within the program ("open file")...

Um - I'm out of ideas. I don't use WMC, and only suggested the location as it is often the 'alternate'.

No worries - it was your suggestion that helped me find it in the first place, so thanks for helping.

perhaps try to find "save as" in this program...
if you didn't change something it should open a path to the directory where you saved the other...
with the lost formating, perhaps open the file within the program ("open file")...

I tried using the search tool via Start but could only find one file with the name I gave it in windows media center under Users/Public/Public Music/Playlists. If I click on it media player will run it, but again, without the original formatting.

I looked in the MS help and found two conflicting answers

One says it's in the [Start] - [Music] - [Playlists]

saving-a-slide-show-from-media-center-to-a-flash-drive

and the second says it can only be written to a dvd

can-i-save-a-slide-show-from-media-center-to-a-flash-drive

Thanks ;) I looked at those links before and totally agree that they give conflicting answers. Thing is I don't see how saving to either DVD or USB drive will solve the problem of lost formatting.

I think with the case of the dvd it's writing a video rather than actually creating a moveable file.

I found this video from MS, I don't use wmv so I can't tell if it's of any use or not. I've never liked burning discs with MS software as failures aren't handled well and always burns at max speed.

I think with the case of the dvd it's writing a video rather than actually creating a moveable file.

I found this video from MS, I don't use wmv so I can't tell if it's of any use or not. I've never liked burning discs with MS software as failures aren't handled well and always burns at max speed.

Right, I tried this and it does work as I thought it would, but only by using WMC. If I play it directly with WMP then the formatting is lost, i.e the sound clip does not play in the background - WMP simply plays it first till the end, then loads the images.

Back