Help: Just lost a resolution for Windowed Mode!

TheOneOmega

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Marie TheOne Omega
I was playing around with the Windowed Mode resolutions in the Options window, and I went from three down to two. In particular, I lost the one I had been using and the one I need. The only options now are 1280x720x16 and 1280x720x16, which are both 16 : 9. I need something like a 4 : 3 aspect ratio, which I had before. I didn't chance my Windows resolution or anything. This is kinda crazy.

In options->advanced check "advanced resolutions mode". Restart game if it does nothing.

If it didn't work close game and go to game folder (..\entropia\public_users_data) and in file "settings-ce.cfg" change these settings:
r_HeightWin = 1050
r_WidthWin = 1680
to desired window resolution

2013-12-02 22:59 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Thank you for your report.

You can look for the "settings-ce.cfg" and change these values to match your monitor resolution.

r_HeightWin = 728 (you can change this value, 1024, 1080, etc)
r_WidthWin = 1274 (you can change this value, 768, 1920, etc)

However we do not recommend modifying files and values from any file of Entropia Universe, please make a backup file in case the output doesn't work as expected.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

I already had Advanced Resolution Mode on and tried restarting. I will try modifying the file, thanks for the tip.

Must the values you use in the file correspond to some predefined values in order to produce a "legitimate" aspect ratio (in contrast to a distorted aspect ratio that is just 16 : 9 except stretched into 4 : 3, presumably the game is only produced in a limited number of legitimate aspect ratios)?

Must the values you use in the file correspond to some predefined values in order to produce a "legitimate" aspect ratio (in contrast to a distorted aspect ratio that is just 16 : 9 except stretched into 4 : 3, presumably the game is only produced in a limited number of legitimate aspect ratios)?
I tried 1920x400 and it works fine with no stretching (but it gives FOV around 270 degrees).
So I suppose as long as interface fit on screen it doesn't matter if it's standard resolution or not.

Last edited:
Back