evader/punies

Xcessive

Alpha
so i am sweating punies,...

is it possible / how many years will it take to unlock avoidance?

total disclosure... after 200 punies i am at 0.68 Evader.....

Thanks!

X

Thanks!

X

You dont want to know. ;)

Ok, you do. A long time.

About 13.4 billion punies according to my estimate, er, scientific guess, er, okay, nevermind.

(this is actually based on the idea the first level will take 400 punies and each next level twice as many as the previous)

do skills work on the basis that the next level is double the previous?

It's actually a bit worse.

Here's a fun experiment to understand how hard skilling is:

Go to http://www.entropiawiki.com/SkillCalc.aspx

set
start @ 1
end @ 1000
push Implant

Note the TT size ESI needed to achieve this increase

Now reset start/end to 1000/2000. Push Implant.

Repeat every 1000 up through 10,000

(The ESI amount is actually TT value of skills, and due to chipping losing 10%, etc. this isn't exact, but still a good way to see the skilling ladder you are asking about.)

That's just a specific skill. Skills combine to make different professions. And certain profession levels unlock skills.

So Avoidance unlocks @ profession level 25 in Evader, Dodger or Captain (In this case Evader)

From here, the math gets very advanced to figure skills gains for multiple skills and the path to specific skill unlocks. Especially because of the fact that as your skill increases, you need to use higher/bigger gear to see the same increase per time. In terms of evading, that mean you need to evade bigger mobs to see same evade skills as the beginning.

What that means is this: The more skilled your evader, the slower you progress on punies. So the closer you get to that goal, the longer it takes.

tl;dr version: Don't try it.

do skills work on the basis that the next level is double the previous?

I did some calculations once, IIRC it would take about 25 times the amount of time/ped to get from level 50 to level 100 as it took to get from 0 to 50 :eyecrazy:.

Thanks!

X

not sure its even possible.
your skill gains depreciate considerably the higher your level gets.

Out of interest , knock up a quick spread sheet with your evade level on the left hand column
(so 1st row evade 1-2, next row evade 2-3 ... etc )
next column your actual number of skill points
and in the next column the number of actual evade skill messages.
you do this by renaming your chat.log file every time your evade level increases and using a program called notepad++ to count the skill messages.

you will then see how the amount of skills needed to level increases and the actual value of these skills in what they return into the professional level decreases with each level.

While theoretically/mathematically possible, us puny humans have a limited lifespan, and that makes the theoretical possibility an impossibility.

A rough guess would be it could take you between 50 and 200,000 years of sweating punies, non-stop, to unlock Avoidance - and I'm unfortunately not joking.

I'm lvl 18 sweat gatherer and nowhere near to unlocking avoidance. getting there though :) If you want to skill up evade, the fastest way is to go pure melee. Hack your way through the puny missions on all the planets and you'll see it go up faster.

Hmm...

Here is how it is sort-of doable sort-of fast;

Gather 300k sweat
Find a generous buyer
Use the money to chip in 30 Ped TT of evade

Repeat for athletics

Make sure to join all events with AoE mobs.

Hmm...

Here is how it is sort-of doable sort-of fast;

Gather 300k sweat
Find a generous buyer
Use the money to chip in 30 Ped TT of evade
ROFL - you actually have a point there. It is cheaper (and obviously faster) to chip-in Evade than it is to get it "naturally". I was only considering the second option. You could most likely do it in less than 200 thousand years this way. Probably...

ROFL - you actually have a point there. It is cheaper (and obviously faster) to chip-in Evade than it is to get it "naturally". I was only considering the second option. You could most likely do it in less than 200 thousand years this way. Probably...

Surely faster.

He said 300k sweat.

Average 500 sweat / hour == 600 hours = 25 days

So sweating 24/7 consecutive 25 days makes you that 300k sweat, and gets you first implant
Another sweating 24/7 consecutive 25 days makes the next implant

Voila done within 50 days, well needs a bot to do it that way :D

Asuming you sweat only 4 hours a day, 150 days to first implant and another 150 days to second.

It should be doable within 1 year roughly by sweating only and chipping in :D

The problem here is you assume to stay with punies the whole time. Why would you need to do this? As your evade increase, increase the level of the mob. Evade can still be gained in sweat circles to reduce death count.

Run at Hogglo, Die, Repeat - there is a TP that caters for this.

Run at Hogglo, Die, Repeat - there is a TP that caters for this.

something like this i did for a few days weeks ago at falxangius in a LA, for couple hours each time .
it is painful boring, the walls in my room almost started to decay because of that.
still i have no problem with "boring" but i have a problem with unefficient AND boring to tears, because once you are low hp they start to give less evade, and i bet even full hp would do that every time.
i belive getting hit while shooting them would be more rewarding in terms of evade skill gains, but that's just my opinion .

something like this i did for a few days weeks ago at falxangius in a LA, for couple hours each time .
it is painful boring, the walls in my room almost started to decay because of that.
still i have no problem with "boring" but i have a problem with unefficient AND boring to tears,
When I started, I used a smaller mob than Falxangius (in a "silent" LA - no hunters disturbing the peace at that time), but I mixed it up a little. I didn't "hunt" them per se, but I did spend a some ammo (perahps a few ten - hundreds PED?) from S30 to gain some BLP + handgun skills, and heal myself to gain some Paramedic. I "graduated" myself by killing a a young one of those with S30 + fapping. I have since killed probably less than 30 of that mob (that I currently can't for the life of me remember the name of). :)

Anyway, since a decent starting capital is still around $500 I believe, don't be afraid "wasting" $10-$50 on getting some of the much required skills - offensive, defensive and healing.

Yes, all carabok except for the 500 oratan punies, and 100 arkadian hornets for the IFN mission line to be assigned to a firebase.

so. 100 arkadian hornets (ranged)
500 oratan punies (fist weapon)
1800 carabok (fist weapon)

Last edited:
some clarity is needd on these statements.

Yes, all carabok except for the 500 oratan punies, and 100 arkadian hornets for the IFN mission line to be assigned to a firebase.

so. 100 arkadian hornets (ranged)
1800 carabok (fist weapon)

Now if i can ask a question here and this is a wimple one..

When you mention the missions we are talking abou tin teh above state ment , the thing tha you ahve in The parentheses are the types of weapons you shuold you? I mean for example...

Does this mean you use a TT Powerfuist on these mobs to get the necessary evade ? Or am I mistaken here..

Just was wondering by wht you had there.

(Cpl) Benjamin Ben Coyote , IFN Military, Planet Arkadia
a.k.a "The Blind Sniper" (And) "His_Dog_Spot"

Now if i can ask a question here and this is a wimple one..

When you mention the missions we are talking abou tin teh above state ment , the thing tha you ahve in The parentheses are the types of weapons you shuold you? I mean for example...

Does this mean you use a TT Powerfuist on these mobs to get the necessary evade ? Or am I mistaken here..

Just was wondering by wht you had there.

(Cpl) Benjamin Ben Coyote , IFN Military, Planet Arkadia
a.k.a "The Blind Sniper" (And) "His_Dog_Spot"

I am using a S.I. Psy-Blade fist weapon.
and the ranged weapon was an Azuro.

I was just simply trying to note that i killed the hornets with a ranged weapon, and likely did not accrue many evade skills during that part of my adventure.

I have spent a lrg majority of my time swunting in game. I have swunted at least 20k cally punies pre-nerf and about 25k carabok pre/post nerf. Plus about 1k gallard.

I currently have 16.8 evader(2910 skill). I gain about 1% evader per 80 carabok swunted. When i finish the carabok mission(400 more to swunt) i'll gain 1.77 ped of evade or basically about 15% evader prof gain.... aka not much. 15% is about 10 days tops of swunting so I strongly suggest not chipping in at such high level since thats going to costs a good bit. That said since your still low lvl chipping in could help.

Also as a note I had a DIS who basically only swunted carabok when hitting about 8k on 10k mission they were 13 evader. They were mostly ranged but started balancing with melee when they started the 10k. So that should give you a rough idea of what your skills will look like when you finish the carabok mission assuming you swunt the majority of it.

I would avoid swunting on cally since skill gain is crap.

Back