Please accept Bitcoin via Bitpay for no fee transactions

Sorry but NO to THY BIt COIN

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i can't Express myself enough about how much This should not happen!!!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TOOOOO BIT COIN

Sorry but NO to THY BIt COIN

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i can't Express myself enough about how much This should not happen!!!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TOOOOO BIT COIN

Sorry to be the one to break it to you, but it's too late; they already accept Bitcoin via the middleman Neteller.

This thread isn't about whether or not they accept Bitcoin; that part is done.

This thread is just opting for another middleman for the currency.

Sorry to be the one to break it to you, but it's too late; they already accept Bitcoin via the middleman Neteller.

This thread isn't about whether or not they accept Bitcoin; that part is done.

This thread is just opting for another middleman for the currency.

No they are not accepting Bitcoin.... They gets real money from Netseller, they never touch the Bitcoins.

No they are not accepting Bitcoin.... They gets real money from Netseller, they never touch the Bitcoins.

Same concept being promoted here for BitPay. So they can get real money from another middleman; without the fees.

What OP is proposing is MA adopting a payment processor (payment gateway) that instantly converts Bitcoin into USD or other fiat, cutting out a middleman (Neteller) in this case. Mindark would still get USD or other fiat currency, just that it won't be using 2 intermediaries.

Bitpay takes on all the associated risks as they are the ones doing the conversion into fiat and handing out fiat to Mindark.

So instead of having Bitcoin > Bitpay > Neteller > Mindark we would just have Bitcoin > Bitpay > Mindark , cutting out Neteller and thus reducing the deposit fee.

Last edited:
What OP is proposing is MA adopting a payment processor (payment gateway) that instantly converts Bitcoin into USD or other fiat, cutting out a middleman (Neteller) in this case. Mindark would still get USD or other fiat currency, just that it won't be using 2 intermediaries.

Bitpay takes on all the associated risks as they are the ones doing the conversion into fiat and handing out fiat to Mindark.

So instead of having Bitcoin > Bitpay > Neteller > Mindark we would just have Bitcoin > Bitpay > Mindark , cutting out Neteller and thus reducing the depositing fee.

I understand, but in my opinion MA should not do any extra effort to accept Bitcoin "without a middleman", it's not just worth it. If some business partner like Netseller accepted it, fine that is good. I will not be upset if MA adds support for Bitcoin payment, just that I think is totally meaningless.

I understand, but in my opinion MA should not do any extra effort to accept Bitcoin "without a middleman", it's not just worth it. If some business partner like Netseller accepted it, fine that is good. I will not be upset if MA adds support for Bitcoin payment, just that I think is totally meaningless.

MA needs no more effort than it takes to add any other payment processor it uses. The point of using a Bitcoin payment processor specifically are the fees - as in there are none. With BitPay, a person depositing $1,000 US worth of Bitcoin would get $1,000 US worth of PED or 10,000 PED. There are no fees MA incurs which they in turn pass on to the player/depositor like they have to do with all the other forms of deposit.

Again, as stated in all the other Bitcoin deposit request threads, a Bitcoin deposit option using a service like Bitpay, which has an unlimited FREE option by the way and is as easy to set up as any other payment processor that MA uses if not easier would just be an added deposit option for those who have Bitcoin either now or may have Bitcoin in the future. No one is asking for any of the other deposit options to be removed and replaced with Bitcoin. No one would be forced to use Bitcoin. Those who don't have Bitcoin or are resistent to the idea of Bitcoin in general for whatever reason - No Problem, they can still happily deposit using the other options - while incurring a fee, of course.

For personal reasons, I hate Paypal and think it is just ridiculous. But at the same time, I know others find it useful. While I personally detest Paypal, it doesn't bother me at all in the least bit they others would deposit with Paypal. Why would I care about someone else depositing using a legal deposit method?

Posted this in another thread, but since this thread is about Bitpay, I'll repost it:

I've had problems with this virtual money.

I sent MA two packets of chocolate buttons in exchange for 2000 peds. But they only gave me 1000 peds, and support...I don't trust them

I'm sure he was munching on my other packet of button, while I was on the phone to them....I bloody heard him.

I got told some crap about how one of the packets all melted on the MA office radiator, yet somehow it's my fault, and they cant sell the chocs on.

It's all bollocks, I'm not happy.

Rick

<removed>

I've had problems with this virtual money.

I sent MA two packets of chocolate buttons in exchange for 2000 peds. But they only gave me 1000 peds, and support...I don't trust them

I'm sure he was munching on my other packet of button, while I was on the phone to them....I bloody heard him.

I got told some crap about how one of the packets all melted on the MA office radiator, yet somehow it's my fault, and they cant sell the chocs on.

It's all bollocks, I'm not happy.

Rick
I've had problems with this virtual money also.

I sent newegg.com 8.6712 BTC and they sent me an ASUS ROG G751 Series G751JY-DH71 Gaming Laptop Intel Core i7 4710HQ (2.50GHz) 24GB Memory 1TB HDD 256GB SSD NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M 4GB 17.3" Windows 8.1 64-Bit

My problem is that they also sent me a free game - one that I arleady have. Those bastards!

It's bs. I'm not happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
/mod note/

This thread is very specifically about whether MindArk should accept Bitpay as a payment processor (ie for deposits and/or withdrawals).

It's only tangentially about the pros and cons of Bitcoin itself. If you want to discuss that in particular, do it in another thread that's specifically about that - there's been plenty of them already.

It's certainly not about RL politics or RL economic systems in different countries.

Please stay on topic: :topic:

After a little bit of research bitpay does take a "little bit of money" from the spread on bitcoin transactions, so, it's really no different than the normal foreign exchange rates non US customers are already experiencing.
Yes, Bitpay's profit is based on the spread. I was wrong earlier when I said deposit $1000 US and get $1000 US worth of PED.

Someone tell me if my math is right:

At the time of this post:

Current Bitpay exchange rate*: $259.19

Current Bitfinex price**: $259.49

259.19 / 259.49 = 0.9988

1 - 0.9988 = 0.0012

So Bitpay essentially charges around 0.12% vig (exact figure seems to depend on the exact second transaction is initiated and Bitpay says price is locked in at time of transaction) compared to vigs of 2.5 - 3.5% and upwards with the other deposit methods.

Deposit $1000 US worth of BTC, get $998.80 US worth of PED or 9988 PED

So yes, I was wrong when I said earlier $1000 US for $1000 worth of PED. I was off by $1.20 if depositing $1000.

Just to add, it would still be FREE for MA using Bitpay's free unlimited plan - unlimited meaning that it is free forever and includes email support. There are higher level plans which have a monthly fee which comes with extra features and extra levels of support from phone support to a dedicated account manager. All plans have unlimited processing volume and 0% transaction fees.https://bitpay.com/pricing

* Bitpay's exchange rate updates every 1 minute: https://bitpay.com/bitcoin-exchange-rates
** I used Bitfinex price because it is the highest volume US exchange. Bitcoincharts updates every few seconds: http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/

Just to add, it would still be FREE for MA using Bitpay's free unlimited plan - unlimited meaning that it is free forever and includes email support. There are higher level plans which have a monthly fee which comes with extra features and extra levels of support from phone support to a dedicated account manager. All plans have unlimited processing volume and 0% transaction fees.https://bitpay.com/pricing

I'm sure they at least need the 300USD/month plan so they can get support. So the question is, would they bring in additional deposited of at least 300USD/month? I don't think so.

Current Bitpay exchange rate*: $259.19
Holy crap, it's that low now? I would have expected that with increasing mining costs (not to mention all the scammers "designing mining rigs"), value would rise.

Oh well, perhaps I can soon tt my pixie and buy a Shadow set for the money. :)

I'm sure they at least need the 300USD/month plan so they can get support. So the question is, would they bring in additional deposited of at least 300USD/month? I don't think so.
Never underestimate the willingness of drug-dealers (and the DEA and other US agents who stole the money - verified facts now, see f.ex. arstechnica.com) to spend their BTC on shady places. :)

Discounting them, I also think it could be difficult sustaining even 3k PED/month from BTC deposits. 12 times/year.

In Fiat We Trust!?

Some I can come up with:

Big question-marks about the safety and stability of the Bitcoin system. It's a interesting and clever system, but also connected to some risk that something will go wrong in the system when it's "open" for manipulation. What if a country like China or North Korea put's in a lot of computer power and know-how to break the system, will the system be able to handle that? I also question the privacy of the system, I read that you can track all previous transaction done in the payment chain before you or something like that. I don't know if I want others to be able to track done what I have payed for (no, I don't want that)

"The rules of the protocol and the cryptography used for Bitcoin are still working years after its inception, which is a good indication that the concept is well designed. However, security flaws have been found and fixed over time in various software implementations. Like any other form of software, the security of Bitcoin software depends on the speed with which problems are found and fixed. The more such issues are discovered, the more Bitcoin is gaining maturity.

There are often misconceptions about thefts and security breaches that happened on diverse exchanges and businesses. Although these events are unfortunate, none of them involve Bitcoin itself being hacked, nor imply inherent flaws in Bitcoin; just like a bank robbery doesn't mean that the dollar is compromised. However, it is accurate to say that a complete set of good practices and intuitive security solutions is needed to give users better protection of their money, and to reduce the general risk of theft and loss. Over the course of the last few years, such security features have quickly developed, such as wallet encryption, offline wallets, hardware wallets, and multi-signature transactions."

To my knowledge I've never heard of Bitcoin being hacked; and I am a pretty avid follower of the currency. Attempts, yes; all failed. The news you hear in the media about exchanges being hacked; accounts being hacked; Bitcoins lost or stolen. That is all from databases being hacked in the same way that Target's information had been hacked. Lack of server security, etc.

It's not my job to convince you to trust in Bitcoin; nor do I care. I'm just trying to answer your concerns. If you know of an instance in which Bitcoin was legitimately hacked, I'd like to know about it.

Some I can come up with:

Will the system handle a big scale up? Let's say the Bit-coin "boomed" and got 100 times bigger, will the system handle that?

Which system are you referring to?
Entropia Universe?

Regardless; the questions is irrelevant.
Here's how.

MindArk is not "The Party" holding, storing, nor managing Bitcoins. Nor do they have to provide support.
As mentioned previously; The middleman (BitPay in this case) instantly converts all the transactions into the local currency; which I believe is Euros in this case.

If a player deposits in Bitcoin, the funds go to BitPay and the Fiat gets direct deposited from BitPay to MindArk's bank account.

(and vice/versa for withdrawal)

So if 1 Bitcoin was to boom to $25,000 per Bitcoin; and a player wanted to deposit 50 Bitcoins into the game.

Then 1.25 Million dollars would be provided from BitPay to MindArk.

Same concept for withdrawal. All of this can be verfied from BitPay's website; also note that I'm using BitPay as the example in this thread as they are very well known and widely used for these types of transactions.

Some I can come up with:

Not controlled by any state institution or similar organization that guarantees the safety of the system. If the system was "sponsored" by the US government, EU and/or UN I would believe in it more.

No country would like to loose control of their financial payment system, so they will not like it if it grow "big" and would start to put regulations and restrictions on it. They absolutely don't want a "currency" where they can't control the amount of available money in circulation.

"Governments control fiat currencies. They use central banks to issue or destroy money out of thin air, using what is known as monetary policy to exert economic influence. They also dictate how fiat currencies can be transferred, enabling them to track currency movement, dictate who profits from that movement, collect taxes on it, and trace criminal activity. All of this control is lost when non-government bodies create their own currencies.

Control over currency has many downstream impacts, perhaps most notably to a nation’s fiscal policy, business environment, and efforts to control crime. While each of these topics is broad and deep enough to fill volumes, a brief overview is enough to provide insight into the general concept."

Safe system for who?

Refrences:
Read more: http://www.investopedia.com/article...ernments-are-afraid-bitcoin.asp#ixzz3Xx8uFg7C
In Quotations and italicized; from Investopedia article: "Why Governments Are Afraid Of Bitcoin"http://www.investopedia.com/articles/forex/042015/why-governments-are-afraid-bitcoin.asp
Bitcoin: FAQ

MOD; please let us discuss.
We're not arguing, just sharing viewpoints regarding topic. Controversial topic.

Sidenote; I don't work for BitPay, nor am I an affiliate. Just looking for ways to expand the universe.

Which system are you referring to?
Entropia Universe?

I was talking about the Bitcoin system. Could it manage 100 times more translations per day? It would increase the size and complexity of the blockchain-system and the data-workload.

"Governments control fiat currencies. They use central banks to issue or destroy money out of thin air, using what is known as monetary policy to exert economic influence. They also dictate how fiat currencies can be transferred, enabling them to track currency movement, dictate who profits from that movement, collect taxes on it, and trace criminal activity. All of this control is lost when non-government bodies create their own currencies.

Control over currency has many downstream impacts, perhaps most notably to a nation’s fiscal policy, business environment, and efforts to control crime. While each of these topics is broad and deep enough to fill volumes, a brief overview is enough to provide insight into the general concept."

Safe system for who?

Well, I trust my central bank a lot more than a system created by a mysterious Japanese man or who it was who created it. It's not just workable with a "currency" that are without some kind of control from a central trust-able organization.

As I have said, and your comment also a prof off, Bitcoin is very much a political symbol. People that don't like state control, likes Bitcoin. They see it as symbol of freedom.

Well, I trust my central bank

bitcoin-joy-of-tech.gif

Well, I can already today send money to a lot of Swedish people and companies with my mobile phone for no fees if I want too, in SEK. In the long run pretty much everything will have some kind of cost, because it takes resources to run and maintain systems like that. And you still have the cost/risk when it comes to exchange the bit-coins to "real" money.

To my knowledge I've never heard of Bitcoin being hacked; and I am a pretty avid follower of the currency. Attempts, yes; all failed. The news you hear in the media about exchanges being hacked; accounts being hacked; Bitcoins lost or stolen. That is all from databases being hacked in the same way that Target's information had been hacked. Lack of server security, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mt._Gox

On 19 June 2011, a security breach of the Mt. Gox bitcoin exchange caused the nominal price of a bitcoin to fraudulently drop to one cent on the Mt. Gox exchange, after a hacker allegedly used credentials from a Mt. Gox auditor's compromised computer illegally to transfer a large number of bitcoins to himself.

On 7 February 2014, all Bitcoin withdrawals were halted by Mt. Gox.[41] The company said it was pausing withdrawal requests “to obtain a clear technical view of the currency processes”.[41] The company issued a press release on February 10, 2014 stating that the issue was due to transaction malleability: “A bug in the bitcoin software makes it possible for someone to use the Bitcoin network to alter transaction details to make it seem like a sending of bitcoins to a bitcoin wallet did not occur when in fact it did occur. Since the transaction appears as if it has not proceeded correctly, the bitcoins may be resent. MtGox is working with the Bitcoin core development team and others to mitigate this issue.”

I totally feel you. It's really amazing to see how certain people seem to have such an aversion to modern technology and newly created innovations. It's like you say, people just aren't ready for it yet for whatever reasons.

http://www.rackspace.com/blog/exploit-kits-and-cryptowall-3-0/
http://blogs.technet.com/b/mmpc/archive/2015/01/13/crowti-update-cryptowall-3-0.aspx

A new version of CryptoWall was reported in January 2015. CryptoWall is now at version 3.0. This new version appeared after approximately 2 months of hiatus during the recent 2014 holiday season [1].

CryptoWall is a form of ransomware. This type of malware encrypts personal files on a computer and demands a ransom payment before the affected user can recover those files. CryptoWall is designed to infect computers using Microsoft Windows.
(...)
Shown above: Decrypt instructions with a bitcoin address for the ransom payment.

I'm not a fan of all new techology... As for "it's hard to get infected", remember that about a year ago, the entropedia site was injected with a trojan installer. Before that, the website nextisland.com got hijacked.

The problem if Entropia accepts it, without further checks, is that entropia could be used to launder Money from this. Even if all normal trades are monitored, there is one kind of implicit trade that's hard to judge if the trade is targeted with legitimate intent or not, if the peope who trades this way can say that they do these kinds of trades indescriminately to anyone.

Last edited:
imo i dont think its such a good idea to have direct bitcoin transactions. lots of money laundering going on with bitcoin and i dunno if MA wants to mess with it

imo i dont think its such a good idea to have direct bitcoin transactions. lots of money laundering going on with bitcoin and i dunno if MA wants to mess with it

More money is laundered using fiat currency. Should MA not mess with regular money as well?

Back