Help: Graphics Hozed

crutch

Old
Society
Freelancer
All of the sudden yesterday I'm on Cyrene and log in and black screen. It seemed like I was under terrain. I could walk around and could see the night stars at low terrain points.

Tried Teleportation Chip few times still black-type screen maybe because it was night there but could see certain things occasionally, like a tree and its roots. Could walk up to teleporter but could not find it or use it.

Finally was able to spawn Quad and went to Cyrene Space Station. All planets are giant green clouds. Was very slow to fly into Station. Finally got there and graphics are hozed there too. Some of the Space Station object textures flicker on, then it is just shows background, stars of space.

Did all the software repair stuffs. Turned off advanced graphics, changed to lowest screen resolution, rebooted computer few times, has no effect. I see no other complaints by others so will keep working.

It could be there is a bad line from EU servers to my location? However lines from computer to the public street pole are fine because all other software services on machine run fast and fine.

Will try on different machine with win7. Currently on older vista machine.

Everything is fine on win7 machine. Will try to do full reinstall on vista machine maybe will fix it.

You might have done this already but did you try clear shader cache in client loader then tools. Also their is a safe mode in their, try that to see if its the game or your computer but im sure you found these or tried them.

Everything is fine on win7 machine. Will try to do full reinstall on vista machine maybe will fix it.

1. Delete shader cache.

2. If you have the bandwidth, do a check of the files (from the client loader). Disk bits do flip.

Try again after each step.
If it still fails, try lowering gfx to minimum possible.

Also, it never hurts to do a RAM check (blatantly self-promotional link).

Thanks yes I did safe mode, cleared shader cache and connection test download 40mbps and upload 5mbps. The other win7 machine worked fine (laptop that I don't want to use as game machine).

I did an uninstall via windows programs in control panel. I first did uninstall of the first listed program which was small in size around 40mb. Then it did not allow me to uninstall the larger file of 5gb and because it disappeared from the list. :scratch2:

Rebooted

Download from EU site

Begin Install

It has started install but during the process about 15 minutes ago an error similar to this https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?160717-Sharing-violation-when-installing happened.

I closed the box and then it continues to say "Updating Entropia Universe" in the center of the screen, progress bar say "Applying Patch 1 of 1".

I attempted to close the process but a warning came up that it is still be update and so I've decided to allow it to continue and will give it some time.

It seems it should be a fresh install and not an Update, if I uninstalled every properly.

It has started install but during the process about 15 minutes ago an error similar to this https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?160717-Sharing-violation-when-installing happened.
Did you try to install to %ProgramFiles% (f.ex. C:\Program Files)? If so, I understand it. That directory can require between superuser (Administrator) and SuperExtraTurboSuperUserPlusGod privileges (TrustedInstaller).

If it fails (I never installed EU to a system drive, so I don't know how/if it will work), Install to another directory (or drive) without "special" access testing. That should always work, and never bother you with this stuff.

++luck;

Waited forever for patch to install about 3 hours. Then just used the EU Uninstaller. Rebooted, reinstalled full install. Rebooted. Logged in, same situation. No rendering of textures or objects. They will flash but 99% of the time background. And when they do flash it is very low quality graphics.

At this point it is either Windows Vista issue, or ATI Radeon HD 3450 hardware or software issue. Unplayable at this point, will be back in the near future.

Would bet on the video card. Tried another 3d game/application?

Back