Question: How did EP BP lower mining mu?

JohnCapital

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
John Teacher Capital
So I completely see how the ep bps reduced metal res mu, but it's also being blamed on reducing every mu on every ore/matter ingame.

I'm having trouble seeing the connection. Is there simply that much less crafting of other stuff now? Are purchase and use qty that down Universe-wide?

What's the connection between cheap crafted res and all other mining mu?

Is there simply that much less crafting of other stuff now? Are purchase and use qty that down Universe-wide?

Yes.

Also cheaper residue leads to cheaper amps, which in turn leads to more usage of amps and even more resources on the market.

It's simple. Gamblers burned tons of resources for HoF's and now the demand has fallen to the real in all sectors of the economy, to demand by crafters who make items to sell. Therefore, the amount of ores-enmatters, that was needed before, now is unclaimed. Oversupply triggered a fall in prices.

That is why MU fell and miners complain. But they just need to cut mining volumes.
This means -> less amps -> less turnover, but higher MU.

Another solution would be miners stop mining completely for while and start crafting to get rid of oversupply.

And then I want to see if they are really willing to pay 120-130% markup to craft TT food just for skilling!

Miners complain, although they still have best MU ingame.

Don´t get it!

On topic:

Gamblers in crafting liked to click tons of amps or other attachments with high TT input, using tons of resources.

With Explo BP we got a BP with very high TT input without need of paying markups.

Gamblers switched from attachments to Explo, so a lot less resource from miners get consumed to craft attachments for dumping into TT :D

Some crafters still prefer attachments or weapons as the BPs dropping there have more value if you find some rar one.

There is still demand for ores and enmatters.

On topic:

Gamblers in crafting liked to click tons of amps or other attachments with high TT input, using tons of resources.

With Explo BP we got a BP with very high TT input without need of paying markups.

Gamblers switched from attachments to Explo, so a lot less resource from miners get consumed to craft attachments for dumping into TT :D

Some crafters still prefer attachments or weapons as the BPs dropping there have more value if you find some rar one.

There is still demand for ores and enmatters.

For amps you get about 5% of cycled ped back in bps (crafting l2 and l3). Weapons don't work as well though, unless there is some secret bp no one told me about. Been trying with the Killian longsword bp a while but without any success.

With the current mu, you could craft low level amps with a better return than explosives.

I will add.
Petition for the removal of the BP's are written for a reason:
Just miners would like to see everything remains as it was. But it will be changing more and more. Now we do not need as many resources as mined six months ago. If miners do not stop (or reduce) mining, the MU will fall even more. If miners want it - they can even dig further and more. This is as black hole, they just overlooked this, and now we see the petition to bring back gamblers to their mined resources, so that they can continue earn on it. But it was all over. This is the end. Now it's a different world, and reduced MU on amps only exacerbates the situation. Yes, I agree - to burn their own resources - a very good point.

the thing is there is as good as no point in crafting other than gambling...
very few things to craft and sell, even the amp market can be covered by few crafters...

so this is why the most crafting ppl are gamblers (most others see no point)
they want high tt in, get mats quick, not much mu in and best to tt stuff afterwards
and withn explosive iv they can do it perfectly...no point paying any mu anymore, no waiting for new batches of ores come into auction

edit: additionaly for most crafted stuff only a fraction is needed in ores/matters...most part is resi anyway so even less ores/enmatters needed then on first thought

Last edited:
With the current mu, you could craft low level amps with a better return than explosives.

Totally agree to that, but TT input at low amps is relatively small, so lower chance for ATH.
Its all about getting that ATH.

Beside that from my point of view, the skills gained in amp crafting have more value than the Explo (mechanic) skills.

Obviously the Explo crafters don´t care that much :D

Back