returning after long hiatus

Society
Skillin Villains
Earl Von Kippler
Hello everyone. Some of you might remember me, most will not. I've been on planet Calypso since 2006 and the world had gone through many changes over the years. I've been only logging in very infrequently for the past 3 years or so, just showing up for holiday events and other such things.

If at all possible, can I get a quick rundown on some relevant tips for coming back in? Threads to follow to catch up, major changes in the system, hot resources and hunting areas, etc.

I am firmly low mid level and own a little store in emerald mall that I use to sell my hunting materials I gather. At this point I'm just working my way through the iron challenges for lack of a better plan.

I'd have done a good portion of the quests available at the time i last played seriously, is there a location I can see the list of all known quests and quest givers?

And before anyone starts in on how the loot system or mining system or any other mechanic has drastically changed the game, please refrain. I've seen systems change countless times with everyone screaming that the game is "dead" yet it still kicks. So, if possible I'm just looking for things to do. I'll look at the mechanic changes in another thread.

And to all the skillin villains I'll see you around :)

Welcome back. :wave:

Changes, hhmm....

Planets (exploring)
Mayhem events
Taming (F*ckin' finally)
Mayhem events
Crafting w/o mu and/or greatly reduced mu
Mayhem events
Lots of UL items, more each month
Mayhem events
Tons of missions to do on all planets. Many are free and give nice prizes (one-time missions, but still fun to do)
Space itself (full of things to do that most don't know about)

Did I mention Mayhem events?

I was around for the launching of the first few planets and been kinda keeping tabs on them. Still haven't gone into space though. My VTOL has a thruster, but I just haven't gone up yet.

Is there a list of missions? Like I said I've done some, but I'm sure so many more have been added.

I'm surprised on the addition of more UL items. I like them and want them, but I thought the L items were designed to help spur the economy getting crafters building with materials from hunters and miners...

I haven't been in a mayhem event, unless the Christmas events count.

Good to see you again john :)

Calypso has Iron Mission terminals in big cities like Twin Peaks and Fort Troy where you can get almost all Iron Missions. Think the Puny Iron NPC was moved to Port Atlantis by the Equipment building and is the only way to get it but not positive.

Forget your shop to sell hunting loots as you'll loot 45% crapnell & 45% ammo
Welcome to the RCE w/o mu...
Best to sell to TT & only buy from TT, that's what it's all about now.. interacting with MA :laugh:
Ow & WB.. I do remember you :D

Calypso has Iron Mission terminals in big cities like Twin Peaks and Fort Troy where you can get almost all Iron Missions. Think the Puny Iron NPC was moved to Port Atlantis by the Equipment building and is the only way to get it but not positive.

I was checking out the iron mission thread listing all the quest givers. I speed regularly playing sometime after that thread's introduction and I think I have at least got the quest from each of the guys. I've actually finished several of the low tiers.

I'm looking for a list of the other quests.

Entropedia, of course :)

Back