Mining Sounds

Von

Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Roy Von Rogers
Havent played for a few weeks, now I'm not hearing my survey probe drops or the explosion, anyone know why ??\

Do hear the ping when I find something

Von

Explosion? Are you still using seismic bombs? :D

seismic_bomb.jpg

It happens to me quite often too, usually relogging fixes it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't :confused:

Explosion? Are you still using seismic bombs? :D

seismic_bomb.jpg

Ahhh the good old days of multiple ammo and mining probes. So glad they made it all semi universal now.

Ahhh the good old days of multiple ammo and mining probes. So glad they made it all semi universal now.

I only wish theyd gone with bombs instead of probes, my testicles require explosions!

As for mining (and other) sounds, they often go AWOL when you zoom out to the max in 3rd person. (probably not the only factor contributing to the issue but often it's as simple as that)

The probes make a noise when the 'camera' is near them, at least that what happens for me.

If you sit on top of it when you drop you should hear the explosion. If you're running, you'll tend to catch it in 3rd person mode as the 'camera' moves over the probe.

In the old days, the seismic probes used to shake the screen, for all people within range, which lead to others pKing miners because it got annoying :)

The noises have changed a lot over the years, for instance, if you listen carefully as soon as you drop there is a sonar pulse sound, its very brief and faint, but it's there (use headphones to hear it more easily.)

An example of the old noises in this video from 2007 :) (Just EnMatter mining.)

a relog should solve the problem

Back