Fond memories

LunaMoon

Provider
Lunareth Luna Moon
So I try to search through the forum and read threads that might contain useful information. During these searches I always find a lot of threads about the economy of the game, people being unsatisfied with features, loot, other players and so forth. In other words a lot of negativity.

So to try and balance that out a bit, I came up with this thread that might help newbies get an idea of how the game has evolved, while you share fond memories.

So the purpose of this post is this:

Share fond memories/stories from your time in entropia. This is not about sharing biggest HoF and such, more of a fun team hunt you had, events you participated in, "back in the day..." stories. Obviously if your fondest memory from the game is looting a certain item or getting a big HoF share it anyway.

I'm trying to go beyond the cash and learn about the people playing entropia and the history of the game.

Feel free to add images too if you have any.

Looking forward to reading your posts!

/Luna

I am still noob but got a little story.

I was out mining on an island . I droped a probe and got a "Ample" sized claim. About half way through drilling it out I glance at radar and see a red dot rapidly approaching. By the time I looked up from radar and adjusted the cam to see what was coming I was dead with this large wallerus looking thing standing there all proud of itself.
I proceeded to rez ar a revival terminal and got in my vtol and flew back to claim to see the beast still there... I landed out of range and tried to get close enough to summon the claim however the beast was to close and started after me. Thinking ahead I already had my little dun buggy rezzed and hoped in it. I let the beast follow me around for a while then got out and picked up buggy. Not enough time to rez vtol so I let it kill me.
Revived once more I flew back to claim to find a second one close the claim. This time however I could get close enough to summom the claim and finish. Got in my vtol and moved to safer area.
That was probably the most fun I had mining. :dunce:

Last edited:
Good old times, very good thread, no room for negativity, so my first story from long time ago.

I was a total noob and non depositor that days.
Map was a lot smaller and no other places existed, except CND and CP (to clarify, CND = Club Neverdie = F.O.M.A , CP = Crystal Palace).

Well what to do as a noob without PED and bored of sweating.
Went out for a TP run.
Along the river to reach old Fort Argus in the far north.
Mob spwans that days very much more dense than todays spawns, and it sometimes was difficult to find a way without beeing aggroed by some mean mobs.
As said always a long river, so in case of beeing aggroed I could drown the mobs.

Then it happened a Atrox run towards me, and I did know it will kill me in no time, so jumped into the river in oder to drown it. Swam as fast I could to escape that evil Atrox.
This idea was great so far, but suddenly I discovered that I am surrounded by a horde of at least 20 Rippers that attacked me from other side of the river. Damn, this is fish, water doesn´t help here. So I met the revive.

The place I revived was known as the "Atrox Pit" that days. There was nothing there but a TT and a crafting mashine and a storage, no auctioneer no TP.
This outpost was surrounded by Atroxes up to Old Alphas, mainly Providers and Dominants. Way to big for a noob with a opallo, even if I would have bought some ammo, no chance to fight them.
South of that outpost a lot of Feffoids, not really better.
How to escape that place, no vehicles that days, I didn´t own a TP chip that time, and no auctioneer to buy one together with some ME.

It took me nearly 10 hours to pull enough Atroxes away that there was a passage, out of the Atrox span Area.
Finally I made it, and arrived at Fort Argus.

That was really challanging experience and nice defence skilling all for free.

More stories will come soon
+ REP to thread starter

My favourite was when one of the Ubers, whose name has escaped me (I think it was Star) but is still around today, hit a big mining tower in PVP and set up a challenge for anyone to come and kill her in PVP while they tried to mine.

I may however have completely forgotten how this ran but I know at the time it made me smile :)

Once I was out mining on some cliff edges and got a claim, it was on the opposite cliff wall so flew over there to drill it up but for the life of me could not find my claim, so tried to summon it but was out of range and I was right next to the claim on radar. I could not figure it out until I flew my sliep down the cliff side and seen my claim half sticking out the cliff wall. I could not figure out how to get close to it in anyway to summon it, could not summon from base or top of cliff or find a spot on opposite cliff or anywhere on the walls to try to land on to get it summoned.

Soooo I lined myself up and as I fell I watched in 3rd person as I got close to claim and timed an extraction as I fell past it, it worked, did that few dozen times to get it drilled up. Took almost entire time of claim to mine it up.

Later I wondered if I summoned instead of drilled as I fell if I could have gotten it summoned at the bottom of the cliff. Not sure if it would work as I died and had to revive ever single time I tried to extract it.

Tanks all for sharing. Keep em coming! Real nice reads.

Back in the days (2006) I remember that with the soc i was with at that we some special team events that didn't involde PED since we had very little of it (in fact I still do lol).

The idea was to hide wothless objects somewhere on the world (Calypso, Eudoria was all there was except for CND and CP) and we would get hints and then try be the first to find the object.

It was great fun and you didn't need to have PED to compete.

MA picked me (along with several other players) to go to Las Vegas and work at CES as an Entropia Ambassador. So much fun!

Once I was out mining on some cliff edges and got a claim, it was on the opposite cliff wall so flew over there to drill it up but for the life of me could not find my claim, so tried to summon it but was out of range and I was right next to the claim on radar. I could not figure it out until I flew my sliep down the cliff side and seen my claim half sticking out the cliff wall. I could not figure out how to get close to it in anyway to summon it, could not summon from base or top of cliff or find a spot on opposite cliff or anywhere on the walls to try to land on to get it summoned.

Soooo I lined myself up and as I fell I watched in 3rd person as I got close to claim and timed an extraction as I fell past it, it worked, did that few dozen times to get it drilled up. Took almost entire time of claim to mine it up.

Later I wondered if I summoned instead of drilled as I fell if I could have gotten it summoned at the bottom of the cliff. Not sure if it would work as I died and had to revive ever single time I tried to extract it.

Lol...you sure weren't gonna give up on those peds huh? :)

Before summon I lost a few, and even after I had a few that couldn't be summoned no matter where I stood. I usually gave up on them as I don't have the determination that you do, but I always thought how cool it would be if you could jump on the nose of a quad, and have someone fly you up the cliff and get you in reach, like one of those stunt plane people that stand on the wings.

MA picked me (along with several other players) to go to Las Vegas and work at CES as an Entropia Ambassador. So much fun!

I see multiple traffic citations. :p

Well, one fond memory was being a noob running around caly and randomly seeing Star killing a lone Eomon out in the middle of nowhere.

I remember thinking "I can't wait til I can kill those!" as I stood there in awe and watched him hof.

A few years later I was in a comic made by MA about killing Eomon :)

Last edited:
Lol...you sure weren't gonna give up on those peds huh? :)

Before summon I lost a few, and even after I had a few that couldn't be summoned no matter where I stood. I usually gave up on them as I don't have the determination that you do, but I always thought how cool it would be if you could jump on the nose of a quad, and have someone fly you up the cliff and get you in reach, like one of those stunt plane people that stand on the wings.

Reminds me of old style mountain mining.
No summoning claim that days, no vehicles that days!

Miner should always have in inventory, whally shelf a table or any other furniture you can stand on.
If claim is not reachable, use your furniture to build stairs to your claim.
Place table, climb table, place shelf at table, climp shelf, pick up table, place table at shelf, climb table, pick up shelf, aso aso till you reach your claim and drill it.

Good old times :D

Back in the day servers were a big problem. It wasn't unusual for multiple areas to be unplayable until someone from MA came into the office and rebooted them. Some times the servers let you into an area but you were rubber banded to the teleporter. You could run but after a few meters you would be snapped back to the teleporter. Stuck like Chuck.

One Saturday afternoon I got stuck at the Tethys Creek TP. I could run for a few meters but I'd get snapped back. If I relogged my avatar would be in the same place. Nothing to do until MA reset the server.

So I started chatting with some friends and I told them that no matter what they did they should not teleport to Tethys Creek. Well, much as human nature is, they wanted to see what was up.

And they got stuck. And they started telling their friends to not come to Tethys Creek.

But they came anyway.

And they got stuck.

And so it was.

One Saturday a long time ago on a Calypso that most people wouldn't recognize a bunch of players got stuck at a TP. And we laughed and we joked and we had a great time.

Who said better servers are always an improvement?

Another good memory was on my 3rd EU Birthday I held a 16 hour long all planet event. Wildman on Radio Arkadia covered the entire event and had two mothership services transporting participants between planets. Had many EU friends I made during those 3 years show up and participate and made many more friends working on getting prizes gathered up for that many sub events. Granted by the end of 16 hours I was pretty toasted IRL from partying that long it was one hell of an event. It so happened Monria was just released a week or so before my event so we decided Monria was were the after party was held. Had many people there picking up some of my extra prizes I had to give away.

My ex father in law got me in to this game 2006, I had try hunting on his avatar for about 2 weeks,
So it diddent take long for me to do my own.
I had watch him play and i could remember he hunted allophyl on a la. I said to myself first hunt
il do will be there. So i did a depo on my 1 week old ava and got som shogun armor and a Ewe-ep40 bought around 50 ped of ammo. and on the Second mob a 350+ hof i remmeber it like it was yesterday ;)

the ex father in law was håkan hocky olle and i had a avatar named albin abbe heavy

peace!

Adding another category: Looting rituals.

A few years back when I tried EU I participated in MM tier 2. After killing a Julebot I took a deep breath and was about to loot it and before I got a chance to, my cat decided it was a good time to roll back and forth over my keyboard and thusly managed to loot the Julebot getting a 5k HoF.

So now whenever I have bad returns I get the cat so she can do some looting for me. Doesn't work everytime but she did manage to get a 1k HoF for me on a Foul.

So what looting rituals do you guys have? :cool:

I will try and post a few if I can.

First thing I thought of:
It started actually on a bad note. I went up to CND (yes it was still called that then) and was very disappointed with it's current state. This was right before ND sold it and the mob spawns and maturities were all down. Back then that is one thing that made CND unique and fun for me. Anyhow - I tried mining too and the whole trip went bad and I wasn't happy. I blamed ND - even though my returns weren't his fault - I felt that he abandoned the station while it was in sale without notifying the community. After I complained to him - he made me a personal challenge. Come to RockTropia and spend an entire month there. He offered me a small ped bonus - if I would complete a full stay of one month. I took him up on the offer!
It was harder for me to do something like that then as I had less assets - and also the RT economy was just starting. I took as many weapons with me as I could. Shortly after arrival - I started hunting Pop Dragons.

BAM I got an uber - approx 1100 peds! My second highest loot ever. I managed to stay the whole 30 days and really enjoyed me time there. I made 2 discoveries on Elivs Dragons also. I got my bonus for staying and got to know the RT and ND crew a little bit.
It was just a cool time and mix of how the community and game come together for a good time!

Highest Mutated Beladoth to date

LT's getting it on!

first hof!

here is us healing a Wastelander!

I remember the beginning of the second bot war in Hadesheim, later reffered to as the-tripple-skillgain-red-banana-hunt. I think it was the first event with eviscerators and legionaires. MA announced a date, time and several spawns and triple experience gain through the first weekend (or throughout?) of the event. Hundreds of hunters gathered under the drone motherships, that have been hovering over Hadesheim teleporter and other spots like an ill omen. But the spawn didnt come in time. Nothing but the occasional Combibo Young. Hunters waited one hour, nothing happened. I visited several of these spawn points, everybody was excited, people talked a lot of crap in the open chat, but nothing happened. Slowly the frustration spread around, first f-that-posts here on the forum came up.

After another 30minutes the server crashed and i had to relog. When i came back on i instantly died, my radar was all red and sprinkled with white dots. I was covered with 3 layers of bots, that washed over the area like a Tzunami in an angry storm. Lag became a whole new meaning that day, but this was the shit. It took many hours and quite some coordination between societies and teams to free the Hadesheim teleporter again. Whenever the hunters showed weakness, the bots reconquered the teleporter, which resulted in pure chaos. The revival was swarmed with warriors and drone coordinators, the turrets didnt work so it was not about jumping back into the action after you revived, but out of it to keep control. In our Vigiliante armors we were easy prey for the big bulks and eviscerators, i still hear the shouts "Evi south!" and "BB inc!!!", this meant nothing good. Tons of L tiger parts dropped though and after a day or two we started to use them. It was the key to turn the stakes against the bots. Oh yeah and the insight, that it might be better to jump precicely with your tp chip. Many bad jumps of hunters aggroed the BigBulks and Eviscerators and they went berserk which caused a total wipe of all hunters more than once. It was no less than an epic battle, where the hunters slowly riddled out the do´s and don´ts of the procedure to regain control over the tp. If you want to know how deep we kicked their asses that weekend just look down into the Hadesheim Crater, its there for a reason.

Thanks all for sharing, fun to logon and see new posts here. It's kind of like reading about entropias history from a personal perspective.

Sure there must be many more.

I remember hunting the Skeletons on Next Island few years ago with my friend Thief. Loot was average, we had a few globals but nothing special.
Then suddenly Star showed up, with a healer (Batyscaf, if i spell the nime right?) and i remember Thief saying "Hmmm" (which meant he's expecting trouble).

Star went after the Skeleton Quartermasters (L63) immediately, the ones we were carefully trying to avoid.
Now, seeing Star's 300+ HP feverishly pulsating down to almost zero and up to full HP while healed with modfap was fascinating enough. What happened to the loot, however, was a complete mystery. Star scored several HoFs - which is no surprise for a 26k HP mob - but we were showered with globals as well, even a few small HoF's, while we kept shooting our puny Skeleton First Mates (L25).
Star was talking with his healer on Local, so we could see it as well: Last one... (a short pause)... no we take one more. OK, that's it.
Then they left, as abruptly as they had arrived. The loot disappeared almost instantly.

Until then i was certain i knew everything about the eco, mobs and loot. U know, all those "basic principles" that everyone knows who's been around for a while. This was the 1st time i started to realize maybe the earth is not flat afterall?

So many good times over the years...

1. Exploring on foot to get all the TPs and dieing over and over, but finally finding that way through. It's a shame no noob needs to do this these days with all the vehicles available.
2. The old Camp Phoenix out on the planes, where sweaters and noobs gathered for team hunts while others ran in mob trains.
3. The disco at the Old Twin Peeks bar which preceded an amazing FoF match that just went on through the night.
4. Buying an Urban Stalker for 700 ped before the prices really went crazy.
5. Selling the Urban Stalker 2 years later for 7000 ped.
6. MOONAMI... A game we used to play in a certain place where all the hunters lined up and one person went off and came back over the rise with 50 mobs in tow shouting MOONAMI!
7. All the epic comps that Hurrikane used to think up and get everyone involved in. The whole WoF event started in 2006 as a way of 40 hunters getting together with bravos to kill Spider Stalkers.

Ahh there's more. But glad someone started this thread so I could have a reminis:)

Still enjoy it all now, but I did love the innocent old days:)

Thanks for the new posts, fun to read. :)

1. Exploring on foot to get all the TPs and dieing over and over, but finally finding that way through. It's a shame no noob needs to do this these days with all the vehicles available.
Second that! Oh the relief when I reached Fort Troy at last. And I miss some of my old noob hunting grounds that got bombed and flattened: the old Jason Center and the old Minopolis. The old hills around Port Atlantis I also liked better than the current ones. There never seemed to be a good reason to me for that redesign.

But the most I was taken aback when they changed the design of the Cornundos. The old one, just a bum on hind legs with a sucking snout and no further details, reminded me so much of government officials that I got to let a lot of steam off killing them in droves. I must be the only one to whom this mob ever had any significance. No mission on their heads that time, and the only clean spawn in a location where I hardly saw one other avatar in a week, the outpost at the stone bridge. There I spent most of my time grinding towards graduation. Every other mob or location was just sucking more ped out of me than I could afford at the time, can only surmise it's because everybody else was there. So I had found me my lonesome niche and grew attached to it and still go there on occasion. But can't get used to the evolution of my favourite spankbums. And not to forget, my lucky mob after a provider gave me a land deed in the loot, still my one and only HoF to this day.

Last edited:
Aw heck, why not, we are entertained.

I experienced my first death making the trek to Camp Phoenix. I rounded a rock by a swamp and a terrifically fierce Faucervix attacked. Surely this thing that killed me in seconds must be one of the most ferocious creatures on the planet!

I was looking for a mentor. The first person who volunteered led to me to a now nonexistent pk zone to the NW of Port Atlantis. I was promptly shot and killed. At the time I did not understand and no way was this guy going to be my mentor. Now I think it was a damn good lesson.

Trapped in the middle of no-where on a player owned property. (this is when we walked to school in the snow uphill both ways kids) surrounded by a max spawn and density of wildly overgrown berycleds. I was rescued rather quickly, a couple of hours, by nice Entropians whom shot piles of the beasts. We fled through the carcasses to our freedom .

berycleds at that time behaved much differently, more merpy you might say and prowlers would have been a much higher level, double at least

Have to have a little sad within the definition of fond. The day I could no longer attach my 105 amp to my opalo.

Last edited:
It was a different world back then, I often look back and smile that I had to buy a new PC when a major update came out, just to run the updated EU. PC's were expensive back then, so it really was dedication to my hobby.

My favourite place was the little island with bibos just outside PA, and hunting berys at swamp camp. I spent a lot of time with rondo there (recently heard he is not a well man now...sad). Also the argo mountains outside twin (old twin), that were hugely popular hunting grounds.

I will never forget my first trip to CP for a big JB/JBA soc hunt. It was amazing time, and the first time I really was involved with really big mobs.

As other were saying I have a picture as clear as day watching star with no armour in red pair of trousers (pants to you Americans), killing Stalker eomons, and a whole team of us were struggling on Eomon youngs....lol.

I remember telling myself one day that if I didn't move up mobs, I'll always be hunting Atrox or Ambuls. So one day I took a giant leap of faith, and went wild on every mob I thought I couldn't hunt, like scips, sumima CP etc. I often wonder if I had a guardian angel at times. I had some nice hofs when I really need them, CP hofs were always special to me.

My biggest question was an item I looted off a drone. a big rectangle black box. The info said it would save the universe. I didn't know about the forum back then. I keep it for about two years before TT-ing it, although I always wondered if it was a big event prize.

Sure the game has given me amazing times, with amazing people. It went through a period that it felt like it was dying, and I started feeling disappointed there were too many takers in game and the pressure got to much. Plus we the players life's change too. There was a time I was so immersed it felt almost real, it was "home".

Whatever the future holds, I'll remember the good times. Well; our brains are programmed to do that :)

I'm still looking forward to pet battles in a big way. Especially if means sending in 6-10 pets at once on some boss mob.....Imagine that on shared 300 pets killing some massive mob. That would be a new era of EU.

I don't hunt so much now. It doesn't mean I don't love the place anymore, I'm just tired and getting older. I'll watch the youngsters do their thing.

Rick

globalchattrox_158219.jpg

these 3 together made it possible to reach the level where i am today, old loot system (cald tower was totally undeserved and trox half - deserved)

Many fond memories! :) Here is just a small sample:

Was wandering and stumbling around long time. An update came along and I could not figure out what end was up and was far away from anything familiar. A very kind player offered me a drive to Port Atlantis. He drove a long way through many mobs that damaged his vehicle to get me to civilization. I have never forgotten him and regretted not knowing enough to put him on my friend list! Have never forgotten your kindness hope you are still in this game and doing really well :)

My first society that I was in. I was treated very well by many nice people and given lots of help. As well many other players have been and still are amazing nice and helpful.

Getting used to people running around in their underwear!!! That constantly jolted me. Im not a prude by any means but gosh it was weird seeing people run around in undies. I have gotten more used to it now :laugh:

The weddings!! It is so nice to go to EU wedding and awesome when they get married in real life!! :)

The many amazing great parties I have been to! One beach party I was at the DJ invited everyone to strip and everyone did but me. Between being still in that stage of this is freaky people running around in undies it was also back in days of those awful looking undies that were pure embarrassment to let anyone see. Party was amazing fun though and it made me laugh to see people dancing in underwear and some wearing wings:laugh:

My graduation. I was on Normandie repairing when I graduated :wise::)

In the future when I do another trip down memory I will have by then a long list of many many happy Varyag crew memories!! :) *HUGE HUGGZZZ* to you amazing people!! :yay::yay::yay::):):)

Back