Fond memories

• Being able to charge TP chip while running
  • HOF smack bang in the middle of PVP4 (after the above was fixed)

Will think of some more

When we could sit down.

This made us able to slide across the ground in a sitting pose, we could even stack on eachother so people made huge towers of avatars in yellow Port Atlantis.

Speaking of which - I miss yellow Port Atlantis :D

And I remember (And really miss) when we could switch between weapon and fap lightning fast. This made for some hilarious PVP when you shot and instantly switched to your fap - You got damaged by the fap.

"WildChild killed WildChild using and Improved omegaton fast aid pack"...

Worse was when this happened on accident trying to kill other players.. :D

I remember my first global ever which was with a soc mate who took my noob self out to CND to kill some atrax and some snable stalkers. I managed to grab a screen shot of it, so here it is! :D

I wasn't there at the time, but the funniest must have been after an update when someone managed to put the whole of one continent in his inventory :)

I wasn't there at the time, but the funniest must have been after an update when someone managed to put the whole of one continent in his inventory :)

Game went down because someone had put the landscape (I think it was) into his inventory and logged off. :laugh:

Sometime in alpha I think. Some dev talked about it. Pretty funny.

One of my fondest memories is also one of my first, and one of my scariest....

I had just ascended to the lofty height of level 5(!) Laser Sniper, and I was now an invincible asskicker. Armored like a tank in my Goblin, my Opalo dealt death to all before me, and I strode among the Snablesnots like a colossus. Surely there was no creature that could challenge my might?

Mind firmly fixed on my newfound greatness, I set out claim the riches that such an august personage as a level 5 Sniper so rightly deserved. It was not far into my journey when I crested a rise and my ears were assaulted by an unearthly wail that shook me to the very foundations of my soul.

Then I saw it... Hideous and tentacled, shrieking like the damned souls of hell it came at me. Summoning all my courage I girded my loins and screamed "AIEEEEE!" as I ran for my life.

Now I can only surmise that the foul beast followed the trail of urine that was left behind me as I fled, for it wasn't long before I was cut down in my tracks.....

That was my first encounter with a Mourner, and it was one that I'll never forget.

Last edited:
Organising big groups of power fisters.
So much fun. That was what.. 7-9 years ago.

TP runs back in the days when there was no vehicles. (Old) Fort Pandora in the desert especially proved tediously difficult. One could try from west, trying to avoid big atraxes hiding in a bit too thick forest (very bad), or big atrox (*stomp* *stomp* much WORSE). Or south, a long way if you first cleared a large robot area - or north which was easier if you first managed to manouver through either lootable PVP (say hello to atrox again), or feffoid hordes, or bigass berycleds with an occasional atrax for added flavor. And finally east, where there were only tantillion, and sabakuma, and berycled, the only problem being that there were like millions of them.

There I finally managed to get through, one lucky day when the spawns were unusually weak, slept overnight and met next day my friend who also took the east route. I saw him running towards the TP with a hundreds of meters long train of berycled and whatnot behind him but he made it. :)

--
I'm also pretty sure I screamed the first time I met Araneatrox.

Nothin like looting a CB5 (l) from a Chirpy on awkward land then march by a cliff with Exarosaur near a trail that continued on to the camping area, set aim~ shoot down some daikiba on the mountain.

:yup:

I remember the old Port Atlantis with Oberon doin the show. One day, i can't remember exactly why, but he took me on a trip to show me some tips. I was already pretty good at sliding, but i remember we slided on the mall, went inside walls etc, that was so fun.

I remember the old sweat camp with combibos and daikibas, sooo many people there at the time hunting, sweating or swunting. Some nice people just had fun there hiding stacks of ped and everybody tried to find them :D

I remember atlas haven radio and nice parties with really many people dancing and dancing contests. so fun.

I could do a long list of things that made entropia so special and fun, and all were social aspects of the game (parties, places with many players etc). They unfortunately all have disappeared to let place to auction ghosts, afk crafters and lone grinders.

I know its supposed to be a feel-good topic but clearly I can say the game we play today is only the shadow of what it was 5-6+ years ago.

I was told about this game by my friend Styx Gunshot. 'Twas over 7 years ago, for me the starter town was New Oxford.
I was online 1st, so i looked around in town and then found a large stone bridge to some yellow island. Figured out how to summon the map and read the name "Treasure Island". Now that made me curious.
Ofc now i had to walk over that bridge to see this mysterious island. Yellow sand, some bushes and a few strange animals with bulky body and long neck grazing a bit further away. Exarosaur Young and Exarosaur Mature.

Exaro-saurus? Is this thing dangerous? So i stood there with my small gun and a great urge to use it. But my friend had warned me not to do anything and wait for him. So i sat down on a small sand dune and just watched the mobs and the landscape.

When my friend and his gf arrived they summoned a few armor parts from their backpacks, almost full set of pixie. It was so nice and shiny, made me feel 2 feet taller! I pointed at the exas and asked if those mobs are dangerous? Heh, u wouldn't stand 2 hits, he said. Oh gosh, lucky me i thought.. :yup:

hooker1.jpg

Port Atlantis plaza was surrounded with high yellow walls and there was this strange teleporter-thingie in the center. The whole place was packed with ppl! There was ppl everywhere, some sleeping, most were sitting on the ground, ppl dancing, trading, chatting, joking... Never seen so many avatars in one place before and, ahem, after. (couldn't find a good picture but there must have been hundreds of em at peak hours)

Last edited:
Back