Info: Longtime's IMK2 Hunting Log

Status
For the investment made, a break wouldn't be an option. If those are required to make things better in the game then I have no business hunting... but I understand what you are saying.

I wonder how much difference 100 hit/100 damage would have on costs.

I don't know you're exact levels, but with hypercharged 204,

70/70 = 2.975 DPP
80/80 = 3.062 DPP
90/90 = 3.151 DPP
100/100 = 3.240 DPP

I know this doesn't fully explain your recent bad returns, but as you gain levels, the increased economy should at least help you to weather bad streaks better.

I wonder how much difference 100 hit/100 damage would have on costs.

I don't know you're exact levels, but with hypercharged 204,

70/70 = 2.975 DPP
80/80 = 3.062 DPP
90/90 = 3.151 DPP
100/100 = 3.240 DPP

I know this doesn't fully explain your recent bad returns, but as you gain levels, the increased economy should at least help you to weather bad streaks better.

Well. I am 8.3/8.4.. 71.3 hit and 68.5 dmg and I have an mk1 scope and mk2 sight with oc204.

My expectation is I would have tighter loot cycles with the more levels I get. The question isn't how to profit right nkw.. it is how can I skill at break even. I expect to get slightly better results than others using 2.9x gear. Maybe this is true and everyone else is having a bad time (unless you are in the upper uber echelon).

Last edited:
You should take advantage of the range on your imk2. Since you also have the uber sight/scope for crits here's a plan:

Load your imk2 with accuracy enhancers.
Equip both crit sight and scope.
Equip Earth Sock Trooper armor.
Camp slow mobs and/or shared loot.
Do not get hit.

Check your eco on EL Tracker for giggles.

Small osseocollum, proterons, malcruentor, tide claws, etc. I don't know if there's anything like that on arkadia. Also, maybe move away from arkadia for a while.

You could still lose, but atleast you are making sure it's not your fault. I have done something similar in the past (no imk2 or uber scopes of course) and it was awesome for my pedcard.

Good luck with whatever decision you make.

Well, I don't think arkadia is the issue necessarily. My worst runs were on calypso. I went back and forth from ark and caly 11 times over the weekend to find the promised land (kidding). I would go to caly and shoot three mobs.. ammo and Shrapnel.. got upset.. said f it.. went back to ark. Then realizing I should probably do some laser and rifle rewards i would go back.. but I shoot a couple mobs.. get ammo and shrapnel.. say f it and go back to ark. :D

I will give the accuracy enhancer thing a shot... or at least figure out what to do with it. earth shock and proteron won't work with all accuracy enhancers. I won't be able to kill a 10ped mob before it reaches me with my setup and 7 accuracy enhancers.

I'm currently at 84.8% tt on 29k for the month.

IMO it's because you aren't maxed (don't care what the theoretical eco is). Use a maxed weapon for a while and see if there is a difference.

Other than current month, I'm +2% tt over previous configurations since october 2013. So while that is plausable, I don't believe that is the case.

Based on my extensive experiences with unmaxed imk2, I agree. Don't do mathematical calculations for dmg/pec, its useless since nobody except the gods know how the system works. Just be maxed or better yet far over maxed, then improve dmg/pec as much as you can.
Or cover it with great MU which is not very likely with crapnel & co.
IMO it's because you aren't maxed (don't care what the theoretical eco is). Use a maxed weapon for a while and see if there is a difference.

Last edited:
Based on my extensive experiences with unmaxed imk2, I agree. Don't do mathematical calculations for dmg/pec, its useless since nobody except the gods know how the system works. Just be maxed or better yet far over maxed, then improve dmg/pec as much as you can.
Or cover it with great MU which is not very likely with crapnel & co.

I appreciate the input. Problem is that I am still a ways from being maxed. So, either I'm forced to sell and severely downgrade (laser options are VERY poor) or I figure out how to tough it out (mission rewards, markup, sell my soul) Until I reach some equilibrium.

To stress a point, I've never had any success hunting. Almost 1 million cycled since october 2013 and only 3 ubers (3 on ark, 2 of which on my LA). So, I'm not seeing a huge difference between sib and non sib (at the moment) to suggest that my gear choices are a huge mistake.

But you are right, no one knows how it works. That's the frustrating point. :)

I appreciate the input. Problem is that I am still a ways from being maxed. So, either I'm forced to sell and severely downgrade (laser options are VERY poor) or I figure out how to tough it out (mission rewards, markup, sell my soul) Until I reach some equilibrium.

Well that is the problem, right? I wasn't getting fantastic tt returns with the imk2 for the last year or so (with ~same skills), either, but not as bad as you've been getting. However, i sure do miss the range and rate of fire of it, and it's not like i'm pulling 99% tt with maxed SIBs now.

So is it just that 2.97ish isn't that elite today, or is there something to the conjecture that it's not [just] the absolute dpp on paper but the degree to which the weapon is maxed? I think that idea originated with the Dev Notes when the MA Weasel Wording(tm) made it sound like maxing hit is most important (when from a purely dpp calculation Dmg is far more important) and potentially justified that take on the system.

To stress a point, I've never had any success hunting. Almost 1 million cycled since october 2013 and only 3 ubers (3 on ark, 2 of which on my LA). So, I'm not seeing a huge difference between sib and non sib (at the moment) to suggest that my gear choices are a huge mistake.

But you are right, no one knows how it works. That's the frustrating point. :)

Yes. It's only good for MA for item prices to constantly freefall as they loot like rain or are suddenly obsoleted by new options for as long as people are still willing to pay large sums of money for "good" items. IMO the devs have about milked the process for as long as they can before it results in market implosion and ruins their ability to stimulate additional activity in game (with new events/event prizes). At this point EU would be a more successful, more stable venture for MA if they would set some ground rules about what type and quantity of item they will permit to loot and reveal a bit more about the loot algorithm.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your log.

I think if I could get 92% tt, I would find hunting more palatable. but perhaps it is more of a case of others having loot troubles now too.

But I am going to do a few things and see what happens.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments. I'm hearing that my 84% is very much above average right now. I can come down off the cliff at the moment. :)

Shame to see you stop hunting. Your log has been very interesting. When you hit the EP ath one could easily spot your posts how genuinely happy you were getting the peds free for the Imk2. It's a shame that it all went to shits...

I didn't want to mess up your sales thread which is why I'm posting here. The project of yours indeed seems promising and I hope it will turn out to be a success.

Now, this leaves me with one question: Seeing you fail with your gear, is there even a point for lower level players to keep at it? You cycled huge amounts so it's not about small sample size. I'm getting doubtful...

Best of luck in the future.

I got to hunt next to $5 last night for the first time ever, made me proud to be able to hunt a similar mob for once. I'm bummed to see the hunting stop, but with the returns he's been describing, I can't blame him.

Shame to see you stop hunting. Your log has been very interesting. When you hit the EP ath one could easily spot your posts how genuinely happy you were getting the peds free for the Imk2. It's a shame that it all went to shits...

I didn't want to mess up your sales thread which is why I'm posting here. The project of yours indeed seems promising and I hope it will turn out to be a success.

Now, this leaves me with one question: Seeing you fail with your gear, is there even a point for lower level players to keep at it? You cycled huge amounts so it's not about small sample size. I'm getting doubtful...

He wasn't maxed. I think that was his main problem as pointed out by Smilgs. I suggested a hunting setup to compensate for that (see my previous post here) but it either didnt work or he didnt try.

But everyone seems to be struggling now so I think he just chose a bad moment for hardcore grinding.

GL 5$

This isn't the first time someone not maxed tried this gun; won't be the last. Same result every time.

Good luck on your next project.

This isn't the first time someone not maxed tried this gun; won't be the last. Same result every time.

Good luck on your next project.

Easy to say that not being maxed is the problem but I want to point out my returns are BETTER than my stints with melee, hl12, calytrek, asi ten, and such by 1.9%.

So i reject this argument.

If everyone is struggling now, then this likely the problem. I just am reacting to that and I feel lost. Everyone I talk to just gives me the arguments like the one quoted and my huge database of numbers do not reflect that.

What I struggle with his hunt sizes, enhancers vs no enhancers, and suitable answers that don't involve a crystal ball and loot ESP.

If for some reason not being maxed eliminates multipleRS (this IS the problem) then the introduction of Gravis and other low budget non sib guns is very scammy.

Last edited:

In the current markup environment, probably not. I don't really know. Like I've said, my avatar apparently does not have an affinity for hunting. I've officially cycled 1 million peds since October 2013 and I am at 90.7%TT. With IMK2, I am at 92.6%. Out of that 1 million peds, I had only 3 ubers.. 2 of which were on my LA and all 3 on Arkadia.

This month specifically has just been extremely poor. I am unable to reconcile that should be expected and this is coming from a former successful card counter.

Last edited:
I agree loot has been poor for many. And markup is gone.

But...over 92% is decent. What tt % were you hoping for?

I agree loot has been poor for many. And markup is gone.

But...over 92% is decent. What tt % were you hoping for?

This month is 82%. So not that. My overall point is hunting is bullshit. Always has been for me.

You would see more ubers with a more uneco setup if that's what you are after. It would be bigger loot swings also but the end result (average TT) is the same as with an eco setup. The most important thing is to be maxed on the gear and don't even look at the dmg/pec numbers as it's a playermade parameter and imo not important at all. Feel free to test it, I've been there and got the t-shirt.

I am not necessarily arguing against your comment except that this setup is almost 2% better than my other setups.. so by going to a maxed gun, effectively I would be doing worse.

When I get a moment, I will paste all my IMK2 runs for consumption. I'll be honest, I am more concerned about breaking enhancers every 200 or less shots.

I'm not surprised by your poor returns, I have been hunting with 2.970-3.020 dpp - virtually no armor decay - and I have been in minus for more days than I care to remember; easily 30+ consecutive days.

Last edited:
I'm not surprised by your poor returns, I have been hunting with 2.970-3.020 dpp - virtually no armor decay - and I have been in minus for more days than I care to remember; easily 30+ consecutive days.

There it is then.. I am having the same result with same consecutive days.

Reactions: das
You would see more ubers with a more uneco setup if that's what you are after. It would be bigger loot swings also but the end result (average TT) is the same as with an eco setup. The most important thing is to be maxed on the gear and don't even look at the dmg/pec numbers as it's a playermade parameter and imo not important at all. Feel free to test it, I've been there and got the t-shirt.
go extremly uneco but maxed and you will see a big difference --> try opallo + eamp 15 for example, ofc you get better loots but no chance to get 90 % +returns

i believe that eco counts but much less then pure numbers may say

go extremly uneco but maxed and you will see a big difference --> try opallo + eamp 15 for example, ofc you get better loots but no chance to get 90 % +returns

The Piron sib guns have 2.50 eco - so wiki says - add an angst or e-amp (which fit) amp on one of them; it would be interesting to see someone test the return rate long term.

Last edited:
When I get a moment, I will paste all my IMK2 runs for consumption. I'll be honest, I am more concerned about breaking enhancers every 200 or less shots.

Breakrate is ~2,2k shots per slot so on t7 full enh its ~300 shots per break. Tested on long term with imk2 (enh kind doesnt matter)

I see no reason to believe that maxing a weapon matters. It would make no sense to add a ton of unnecessary variables to determine loot. Most likely, it is simple as hell, based on base values with multipliers and fail safes. The probability might be altered the further away from the average you move to create a more stable and predictable outcome.

The only weapon based variable that would make sense to add to the algorithm is the average eco of the playerbase. However, as high eco players tend to cycle more the average is probably quite far off the median meaning that the extra dpp gets even more important.

Testing as proposed can easily be done using a Mux 1 with 1.5 dpp. Sample size would not need to be large at all.

Edit: Maxing as in the act of maxing. I do not believe the magic $greatLoot boolean gets set to true when that happens. More likely the differences noticed are a result of an actual increase in dpp that comes with it.

Last edited:
I see no reason to believe that maxing a weapon matters. It would make no sense to add a ton of unnecessary variables to determine loot. Most likely, it is simple as hell, based on base values with multipliers and fail safes. The probability might be altered the further away from the average you move to create a more stable and predictable outcome.

The only weapon based variable that would make sense to add to the algorithm is the average eco of the playerbase. However, as high eco players tend to cycle more the average is probably quite far off the median meaning that the extra dpp gets even more important.

Testing as proposed can easily be done using a Mux 1 with 1.5 dpp. Sample size would not need to be large at all.

Edit: Maxing as in the act of maxing. I do not believe the magic $greatLoot boolean gets set to true when that happens. More likely the differences noticed are a result of an actual increase in dpp that comes with it.

Well, my LA was good to me and I am a bit surprised at the numbers. 3700ped cycle.. 99.74%TT. So, maybe it is the size of the hunt that has been skewing the numbers since the first 1k of the hunt was poor.

That's not just uneco, it's overamped. Different situation.

Status
Back