• Justified

Votes: 51 62.2%
  • Unjustifiable

Votes: 31 37.8%

• Total voters
Mindark = God
they create the universe.
God doesn't make rules, people do.

There is a warning before you enter space.

There's also warnings near trains to beware of pickpockets. That doesn't make it legal for pickpockets to steal.

You are correct. I don't make the rules.

Regardless whether or not WS makes the rules or not, this thread isn't about space or pirates. Its about a guy taking his anger out on an entire society in EU regardless if they (the individual) did anything to him. Somebody posted in this thread that they are surprised it hasn't happened more and quite frankly so am I.

BooHoo another pirate crying thread...

Dude what do you excpect. Your soc thrives on the misfortune of others - do you expect people to be nice to you?

So in space you loot and you come to planet and play a good guy. NO, thats not how it works.

You bring all your shit to the planet.
And if you have scumbags in your soc, expect other people to treat you the same way.

Just an example: I would join ISIS but Im a good guy and never kill anybody and respect everyone. Will I get killed when attacked? You betcha.

Its not about only who you are but also who you associate with.

^^ exactly..... either the op is a complete simpleton or just playing everyone for being simple...either way its not rocket science for you to not understand what's happened to you....

If I don't lock my bike when I go shopping for groceries and I return and my bike is gone, it's my fault too?

If you lived in a world where is was legal to take someone elses bike if they left it alone and you were warned that someone could take your bike if you left it alone and you know they're were people looking for your bike...then in that case yeah you kinda have yourself to blame.

If a girl wears a short skirt and she gets !!!!!, it's her fault?

Really? Are so desperate to make a point that you need to compare PVP looting to sexual assault? Please tell me you're just trolling otherwise your are delusional.

No matter how you turn it or twist it, the items are yours. You payed for it. That the system caters for online theft, doesn't mean the thief is not a thief. The thief is a thief and there's no way in Hell I will ever see it differently. I welcome all your negreps.

I think that's because you might have a case of the dumb dumbs.

Just an example: I would join ISIS but Im a good guy and never kill anybody and respect everyone. Will I get killed when attacked? You betcha.

Comparing video game PVP to ISIS nice....you and Spawn would make a great couple.

Also I pretty much addressed everything you said earlier so it kinda seems like you didn't bother to read the thread, I'm not going to start the conversation all over because you are lazy. And thanks for the neg rep too bad you can't go and neg rep everything I say....or can you :O

Last edited:
You wanted peoples opinion and you got it.

i don't like your soc (NVE) but what Northern Stray Titan was totally stupid.. you'll have to report him for this

If you lived in a world where is was legal to take someone elses bike if they left it alone and you were warned that someone could take your bike if you left it alone and you know they're were people looking for your bike...then in that case yeah you kinda have yourself to blame.

While you do have a point if looking at 'just' the game rules, you need to remember that all the people playing this game come from a world that is 'completely lootable pvp' but vast amounts of its population 'feel' protected from this in various ways (laws/governments/police/insurances/banks/etc.) and have grown up with a sense of 'security'. Most of these people will hang on to what they learned is 'right' and 'wrong' and no 'game rules' within entropia will change this.
And most likely if you had something of value to transport you wouldnt like the person taking it from you and be nice to that person the next time you meet him/her planetside.
In a virtual world that has no player controlled jurisdiction you are bound to face a 'wild west' situation now and then when people take jurisdiction in their own hands...

While you do have a point if looking at 'just' the game rules, you need to remember that all the people playing this game come from a world that is 'completely lootable pvp' but vast amounts of its population 'feel' protected from this in various ways (laws/governments/police/insurances/banks/etc.) and have grown up with a sense of 'security'. Most of these people will hang on to what they learned is 'right' and 'wrong' and no 'game rules' within entropia will change this.
And most likely if you had something of value to transport you wouldnt like the person taking it from you and be nice to that person the next time you meet him/her planetside.
In a virtual world that has no player controlled jurisdiction you are bound to face a 'wild west' situation now and then when people take jurisdiction in their own hands...

John you are totally right but you and many others are kind of missing the big picture here. This virtual world we have here is hosted on many servers that are bound to RL rules. And on top of that our OPs is jumping out of the game in a sense to use RL rulings to make his case that it wasn't justified..yet is denying that the RL rulings apply to theft in this game due to that simple kind of fact that is his right that it's a game. The only issue here is that this game is a RCE. And yes I know this as well effects you. But remember it's MA who made this mess here.

BTW Happy Birthday!!

Last edited:
I think the problem is this: You (your group) want an image as outlaws and badasses; for instance never apologizing if "you" get caught with the fingers in the cookie jar. Not everyone in your society acts bad, but in an indirect way "you" support it.

Now one of you gets involved in killstealing, and it's immediately known what happend to the friend of the tamer, "one of those badass pirates stole my pet", and a friend said, "ok let's let them know what we think".

Maybe also not all tamers like paying 300% (or more) for nutribars. (Not sure why I mention this.)

John you are total right but you and many others are kind of missing the big picture here. This virtual world we have here is hosted on many servers that are bound to RL rules. And on top of that our OPs is jumping out of the game in a sense to use RL rulings to make his case that it wasn't justified..yet is denying that the RL rulings apply to theft in this game due to that simple kind of fact that is his right that it's a game. The only issue here is that this game is a RCE. And yes I know this as well effects you. But remember it's MA who made this mess here.

BTW Happy Birthday!!

Every single sentence you wrote was crap and you didn't even bother to explain your crap. If you are going to disagree with my point of view then at least put some more effort into your argument.

I think the problem is this: You (your group) want an image as outlaws and badasses; for instance never apologizing if "you" get caught with the fingers in the cookie jar. Not everyone in your society acts bad, but in an indirect way "you" support it.

Now one of you gets involved in killstealing, and it's immediately known what happend to the friend of the tamer, "one of those badass pirates stole my pet", and a friend said, "ok let's let them know what we think".

Maybe also not all tamers like paying 300% (or more) for nutribars. (Not sure why I mention this.)

Just to be clear I don't have a problem with being treated like dirt because of my associations. I don't even mind that he killed my pet, obviously or I would have reported it to MA. What I have a problem with is him trying to justify it the way he did and refer to himself as part of the "good people". If you want to act like a jerk to me then just say I don't like your group and so I'm going to be jerk to you and that's it, don't follow it up by saying BUT I'm still a good person. I don't like hypocrites...I can tolerate good people and bad people because they are honest about who they are....it's the ones that like to flip flop back and forth whenever it suite them that I can't stand!

UPDATE:
To date I have lost 4 rares for this reason and Akasha has received the rare pets she lost.

To date I have lost 4 rares for this reason and Akasha has received the rare pets she lost.

Sad to hear that, and I', glad you gave akasha a pet!

(I went out for about a week looking for a rare one; but as I never saw one except one in the distance that was in taming progress I figured out the only way I'd get one was by opening up my PED card.)

Did you get one eventually or are you still without one?

Last edited:
I'll start with 2 examples to clarify my point:

There's people who justify begging in video games (I'm living in a poor country, my income is lower than yours, etc). However, it's easy to see there's no necessity whatsoever for them to be in a video game. I mean, there can be a justification for begging in RL, but there can't be any in games. Unless some day the mankind accepts video games as a basic human right (including those not free to play).

There's a similar problem with people who take loot into Space, lose it and then start complaining how unfair it is to get looted. You can even argue going into lootable PvP is unavoidable (althou it's also debatable) but you definitely can't argue you can't go there without loot.
Seems like simple problem about free choices but with some people it turns into passionate argument. Obviously there's more than meets the eye. I smell inability to accept direct and open competition between individuals in any form. We will not find the roots of this attitude inside game, obviously it goes all the way back to some RL problems (i.e. early childhood experiences, etc).

The people in this group are well known in MMO's and they are generally labeled as "carebears". Carebears themselves usually don't see themselves as carebears ofc, but there's a large group of other players who do.

EU has always been extremely carebearish and remarks like these will most likely only add fuel to the fire. I prolly made some enemies now but well, i don't mind. Althou i'm not much of a PKer these days, i'm certainly not a carebear either. :smoke:

I'll start with 2 examples to clarify my point:

There's people who justify begging in video games (I'm living in a poor country, my income is lower than yours, etc). However, it's easy to see there's no necessity whatsoever for them to be in a video game.

Just so you know, in the city where I live, you see a beggar each 50m, pretty much outside every shop entrance. And 98% of them comes from another corner in Europe. The other 2% is probably someone who wants more money for booze.

How is it in your country? Do you have beggars there, or have you "solved" the problem by banning the explicit act of begging?

There's a similar problem with people who take loot into Space, lose it and then start complaining how unfair it is to get looted.

So you thing it's carebare:ish to complain if you get shot down by someone who begins as a blue triangle at space station and 2 minutes later has gotten so close to you that they can shoot, while you are flying in a straight line (having set a target on them you see that they have gained distance)? Assuming you want to play honestly, and that you don't want to resort to using glitches yourself to even odds up.

If you lose something that is placed in a tab you wouldn't expect to be looable, ie minforce, or you're carrying things that are said not to be tradeable (ie skill pills), you just smile? Or you carry something that one VU was in the deed tab and next VU was in the material tab, and you didn't see the change because you had it in a storage box?

You can even argue going into lootable PvP is unavoidable (althou it's also debatable)

Sure, you can stay on a single planet for the rest of your life. But if you want to visit another planet you need to pass through space. And even though you can say that taking a mothership is safe, it's obviously so that it doesn't protect you from getting stalled ingame from someone who have decided to keep ship from warping.

you definitely can't argue you can't go there without loot.

Regardless if you have loot or not, you can be shot down. Either by griefer, who just shoot down people because they're mad at their boss at work and want to get back at someone, or a pirate who wants to "check" you.

I smell inability to accept direct and open competition between individuals in any form.

When your IRL paycheck is handed out, would you like it to be switched from a paycheck that is handed to all employees, to a sack of money in the middle of a room and all the people in your department will fight over that sack of gold and take what they can - leaving best fighter with all the gold and telling the rest "come back next month for another try".

We will not find the roots of this attitude inside game, obviously it goes all the way back to some RL problems (i.e. early childhood experiences, etc).

I went to school when I was way younger and got an education.

In some countries, not all children get the chance to get to school, instead a local war chief drafts the children and give them a weapon to fight with, and the education they get is that if they pull the trigger at whoever their commander tells them to, the commander will be happy. If they don't, they will be beaten almost to death. If the commander is happy. There is no right or wrong; it's the commanders orders or a bullet. Girls will be sent to cook food for the commander. If they are lucky.

Maybe that's the early childhood experience that some people carry.

The people in this group are well known in MMO's and they are generally labeled as "carebears". Carebears themselves usually don't see themselves as carebears ofc, but there's a large group of other players who do.

Thare are "carebears" in most civilzed countries. Carebears like police, fire brigade, doctors/nurses. In some cases they have the tough duty of stepping in in the relatively rare cases where an individual (or organization) has caused great harm in the society; either directly (in the neighbourhood where they live) or indirectly (by causing a large stream of refugees or acting like a plant school for "criminals").

Frankly speaking, the "carebears" is to keep the griefers at bay.

Last edited:
Funny to see pirates weep when they're on the receiving end of the same abuse they dish out to others every day.

This is still a thing? :scratch2:

OK, in all fairness, I just have to say...

Good on Serica for being more tolerant of this stuff than me. If I were still mod, this thread would have been closed long ago not least of which because the OP first put this in the Space section, then only asked to move it to the more appropriate Taming section when he realized it might be more exposure there. That in itself tells me a lot about the OP's intentions with this.

But hey, by all means carry on yakin'.

This is still a thing? :scratch2:

OK, in all fairness, I just have to say...

Good on Serica for being more tolerant of this stuff than me. If I were still mod, this thread would have been closed long ago not least of which because the OP first put this in the Space section, then only asked to move it to the more appropriate Taming section when he realized it might be more exposure there. That in itself tells me a lot about the OP's intentions with this.

But hey, by all means carry on yakin'.

LOL I didn't even know there was a taming section until people started telling me it should be moved.

If I were still mod, this thread would have been closed long ago not least of which because the OP first put this in the Space section

JohnCapital it's good to know you no longer have any power to abuse.

Good on Serica for being more tolerant of this stuff than me.
That in itself tells me a lot about the OP's intentions with this.

That in itself tells me a lot about you and why you are no longer a MOD.

Did you get one eventually or are you still without one?

I have found and tamed many rares since this thanks.

That in itself tells me a lot about you and why you are no longer a MOD.

But I do think he has a point. I don't see that there is anything more that can be gained from this discussion. I think you have the answer to your question in that the 67% of the 61 people that have presently replied to your poll believe the actions were justified..

I join John in thinking it may be time to shut this thread down.

Let me put it this way; If you're a member of Hells Angels, you better not be a nun, cause nobody will treat you as a nun.

​Bwhahahahaha!! I know Stray and all I can say is good for him. Turnabout is fair play. You are a pirate, people don't like pirates. You made your bed.

But I do think he has a point. I don't see that there is anything more that can be gained from this discussion. I think you have the answer to your question in that the 67% of the 61 people that have presently replied to your poll believe the actions were justified..

I join John in thinking it may be time to shut this thread down.

Such a weird concept, one person deciding when everyone else can and can't discuss something. Why does a thread need to be shut down? Is there a post limit on the server?

JohnCapital it's good to know you no longer have any power to abuse.

LOL, it's called a sense of humor, you despicable bicycle riding Benny Hill henchmen wannabe. I hear they're on sale. Take two dung and go buy some. :laugh:

Look man, I treat everyone on an individual level regardless of what group(s) they're with.

Others? Well, many don't. So while I don't care what ingame soc you ride with, others do, and they'll treat you accordingly.

Now you have admitted here that in your ingame activities:
  • you'd griefed people on purpose, while also knowingly negatively affecting other players who were not really a part of the initial fight.
  • But now that it's been done to you, you come here to complain.
So that means you are either:
  1. A spoiled young man who hasn't learned you have to deal with the consequences of your actions, both good and bad
  2. A miserable hypocrite
  3. Intentionally stirring the pot, because you like it.
But this isn't anything that hasn't been told to you for 100+ posts, and it hasn't sunk in yet, so I can only conclude you just enjoy arguing for arguing sake.

So, yeah, that lifestyle choice will bite you and those you care about.

Enjoy. :wave:

LOL, it's called a sense of humor, you despicable bicycle riding Benny Hill henchmen wannabe. I hear they're on sale. Take two dung and go buy some. :laugh:

Look man, I treat everyone on an individual level regardless of what group(s) they're with.

Others? Well, many don't. So while I don't care what ingame soc you ride with, others do, and they'll treat you accordingly.

Now you have admitted here that in your ingame activities:
  • you'd griefed people on purpose, while also knowingly negatively affecting other players who were not really a part of the initial fight.
  • But now that it's been done to you, you come here to complain.
So that means you are either:
  1. A spoiled young man who hasn't learned you have to deal with the consequences of your actions, both good and bad
  2. A miserable hypocrite
  3. Intentionally stirring the pot, because you like it.
But this isn't anything that hasn't been told to you for 100+ posts, and it hasn't sunk in yet, so I can only conclude you just enjoy arguing for arguing sake.

So, yeah, that lifestyle choice will bite you and those you care about.

Enjoy. :wave:

Sorry I must have forgotten my sense of humor today.

I would not classify delaying a MS that has provoked an attack as griefing. As for the negative affect on people having nothing to do with the fight I don't feel responsible for them. I'm not their pilot, I'm not the one taking their peds to transport them and then talking crap to the pirates. If you think pirate go around randomly delaying MS services(at least from my own experiences) then why is it that out of all the MS services only a couple ever get delayed? And before every other MS service chimes in to say that I disrupted their warp without any words ever exchanged, I hit MS from time to time to find out where their SI is at that's all.

One who is asociated in group for piracy, tieft and other bad things can blame MA for what happened to him.
If he was in jail or perm banned then harasment on taming place could not happen.

I would not classify delaying a MS that has provoked an attack as griefing.

December last year, this case got public: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?268270-Harassment-In-Space-Support-Case . I should add, you weren't involved (but someone belonging to your group was).

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3319317#post3319317
2014-12-05 09:50:52 [TO : ****] wanna have some fun ?
2014-12-05 09:50:55 [TO : ****] come on mumble quick
2014-12-05 09:51:10 [TO : ****] ima stop <removed> from warping
2014-12-05 09:54:03 [TO : ****] [58752, 69504, -55]

Back