Question: Justified? You decide!

Justified Or Not?

• Justified

Votes: 51 62.2%
  • Unjustifiable

Votes: 31 37.8%

• Total voters
I hit MS from time to time to find out where their SI is at that's all.

:rofl: And you say you don't have a sense of humor. Oh man that was a good one. :laugh: You poor replacement for the scent of a stale slug's slime trail.

Last edited:
Such a weird concept, one person deciding when everyone else can and can't discuss something. Why does a thread need to be shut down? Is there a post limit on the server?

You see, I don't get to decide.. the Mods do.. I can just point out that the thread really serves no further purpose and could be shut down to take away your toy..

and I don't think I'm the only one here who has said that it should be shut down. I'm just finally agreeing with them because it obvious to me that you're here to just stir up shit..

Have fun with that.. :wave:

In fairness, no this thread isn't breaking any rules with the exception of posting personal chat, which I believe got fixed.

I mean true, this thread could maybe be seen just trolling, which is against rules but I don't truly feel its bad enough. I'm just amazed it's still being discussed.

But I am also fairly sure the OP was either naively looking for sympathy, or truly just wanted to stir the space pot.

But it's ok. He's just an upright walking insect who suffers from the unfortunate blight of having age and IQ being an equal number.

What? Isn't stirring the pot and good natured arguing what you wanted? I know it is because you even +repped me.

But I am also fairly sure the OP was either naively looking for sympathy, or truly just wanted to stir the space pot.

I don't think the OP did intend to start the space discussion.

The problem he suffers from is the same as other hunters comes across: Kill- (or mob-)stealing, and (which also when happened when there was taming in vu9), a triggerhappy person shoots at everything that moves and hits a mob someone is taming.

In this case, space gets involved because the OP belongs to a group that is well known for their space activities, though in this case it apparently wasn't space acitvities that started it, but the fact that someone in same group was about to mobsteal a friend of the attacker, and as it's generally known that the group works together, it probably was assumed that the group worked together on the ground aswell as in space.

In this case, space isn't directly relevant except as in background, to explain the reputation of the group.

In this case, space isn't directly relevant except as in background, to explain the reputation of the group.

The OP originally put this thread in the space section. It's possible his Technicolor grey matter wasn't capable of searching a more appropriate category, but... I don't expect much from someone whose facial hair is suing for separation, citing irreconcilable differences in taste.

I don't think the OP did intend to start the space discussion.

No? Then I ask why was this thread started in the space section? Kind of why it did seem as if I was going off topic but wasn't.

Well, as this thread is still open (edit: no reason for it to be closed really either - I'm still learning from this discussion), I shall indeed vote this time then - for unjustified.
That may now make it exactly 1/3 voting for unjustified right now. Ah well, I'm on the minority side then, but so be it.....

OK in all fairness I have to give some respect to Xane.

To be truthful, I was in the bizarre mood this weekend to give some inventive insults I came up with to another person, but sadly, they were banned before I could enjoy.

But that's ok, because I found a new target. :laugh:

So seeing as Xane clearly wanted to straddle the "sympathy or death" fence here on the forum to see which side folks pushed toward, I went ahead and stuck my big ugly nose in his biz. He fell for the bait, allowing me to toss the first barrage. From there, the reply button become my friend. ;)

And instead of stooping down and hurling real or even fake insults back at me, he replied as needed, but avoided my insults completely. He even +repped one of my comments.

Good on ya man. You got my respect for not attacking such an obviously good natured ribbing.

:thumbup:

I'm just amazed it's still being discussed.
Well, you out of all ppl should know why. :) Part of the audience is constantly shuffled, some leave and some new ppl come in. Old threads can't be reopened, that's necro, so after a while all the important ages-old topics will come up again. Sometimes with a few new and fresh ideas, sometimes not.

Think i got sth fresh N funky to add. Here it comes:

Everyone who plays poker for money is a thief. If he wins, that is.
Should he lose thou, his hard-earned money's taken from him by another player.
Taken using obious exploi... er, i mean blatant lies and deception, to make matters even worse.

My advice - Whenever u lose at the poker table, call the police right away! :wtg:

I voted Justified...

I received a response similar to this from MA about a whole different situation long before taming was reintroduced...

basically, it is well within the rules (even though it is a very shitty thing to do)...

I normally would say this is an asshole tactic... but your socmate robbed me of my pet food flying from Caly to FOMA!... I got nothing against Pirates, but If you're gonna pirate people, do it right! Get them traveling with loot from planet to planet!... You camp people going from Caly to FOMA, and rob me of my damn pet food?!?! really?

Guilty by association is ok with me in this case! Eat it! :thumbup:

Whenever u lose at the poker table, call the police right away! :wtg:

In Sweden, poker tournaments are ok, but to arrange games where you leave tables as you wish and you can buy new markers is illegal.

I have a problem with this thread. Sorry if a bit off-topic...

I keep seeing xane's signature...

He hasn't done enough to claim to have "haters".

The use of it in that form is generally meant to demonstrate that due to ones greatness, they have achieved a level of success high enough to begin to attract detractors (i.e. haters)

Just being a douche is not the proper way to gain actual "haters"....you need to actually accomplish something that makes them jealous enough to start hating.

Your "haters" aren't hating for your successes or fame you have achieved...people just generally despise you for being worthless, pirating, having a big mouth, and never accomplishing anything. That is different.

I have haters (Ath's, comic books, HOF spam etc tend to do that)...you have a bunch of people that can't fucking stand you and usually just want you to leave the room like a loud kid who farted at Thanksgiving.

There is a difference. Please fix your signature. You don't deserve it yet.

Last edited:
^^ Nicely put :D

Guess its my turn to chime in here

Wow, first off, did not know Xane posted the conversation, or should I say some of it. He seems to have left some parts out. I guess the more important bits are there though. I have screen shots of the WHOLE conversation. They were for my protection if he tried to report me. So whatever.

This conversation was brought to my attention by a new friend, Hans Penguin. Gotta say, did not think this topic would catch fire like this, nice to see people care. Nice to see old friends and some of the new friends I have made since the rare pet VU speaking up. Since this was initially posted, Xane and us have mostly buried the hatchet. Still do not care for Micjack, dude is an ass. And Lethall the extortionist, would still 'race' her any time I saw her.

I thank you all for the support.

To clear a couple of the questions up, Akasha did strike her rare pet first, and was there for several minutes before Maya Lethall came in and just started whipping, then telling Akasha to just fap her and she would do the taming. So by finders keepers, it was Akashas pet. Though a deal was implied it was not specified, wish Akasha did not have to learn that lesson the hard way. I was off planet at the time and on my way back to Caly, but was still 10 minutes out. Once tamed, the deal turned into give me 700 ped or I am keeping it. After complaining to MA, Micjack came down from space, well you guys caught that part of the posted conversation. MA responded with the 'Race' thing to the Maya Lethall issue.

Important to note here, with competent skills and gear, the most the green spirit bar line marker can climb is half way up, and the best you can do is parallel the percentage drop in spirit with the percentage of damage you do to the mob. What does this mean? Basically this means, if 2 qualified avatars try to 'Race' to tame a mob, they are going to tie every single time. AKA, kill the mob.

I have been a tamer since pre-cry. I have to say, I am not overly impressed with the rare spawn thing. Definitely not what I waited almost 7 years for. It has been proving to bring out the worst out in people. Even myself. Up until this incident, I had only helped people with their taming experiences. Teaching them the basics, and charging only slightly more then decay on my whips to take over when they got in over their heads on a rare pet that they had found. Asking if they would like the help before hand of course. Never dreamed I would be enticed into a race...To the death. However, I felt this was a necessary message to restore decency and order to the taming field, as well as to defend my gfs honor.

I have personally had issues as well. Before this NVE issue, I spent over 60 hours trying to find my first Silver bunny, when I finally did, I was waiting for it to heal for a rarely required second taming attempt. Some guy came in, hopped off his hover vehicle, shot it with some sort of EWE judging by the sound of the gun, got back in his vehicle and drove off without saying a word. I almost threw up. And there have been many other grief instances brought about with this release. Way too many. With this issue and the more recent NVE issue, we now keep video recording software on our computers. So yay to that. Sad that it is the only way to grief relief... maybe.

If you go to the new pet area now, pretty much nobody is taming anything anymore. Most people are just standing around or driving the most fuel eco vehicles looking for rare spawns. Reason, the people running and driving around will find a rare spawn over someone who is taming normal mobs also 9 out of 10 times. This does not help anybody who has put a lot of time and effort into increasing their taming skills.

It does not inspire more people to take up taming. Basically this implementation has screwed everybody including MA, because people are spending next to nothing on taming in the new area anymore, and it has only been a few weeks since rare pets were released.

Rare pets, should have been and still should be a Rare LOOT on a Successful Taming, if they really wanted people to embrace taming long term. As a bi-product, this also would have prevented this situation and many other similar grief situations that have been happening.

Again, I thank you all for the support you have given me.

It would be nice if we could change the focus here to trying to convince MA to change the Rare pets from rare spawns to Rare Loots on Successful Tamings. This would help secure the long term health of the taming module and its accompanied economy, as well as greatly reduce the instances of people being griefed.

Thank you for your time
Northern Stray Titan

Some guy came in, hopped off his hover vehicle, shot it ... I almost threw up. ... similar grief situations that have been happening... has been proving to bring out the worst out in people. Even myself. ...a necessary message to restore decency ...
darkside.jpg

Nah, joking... Take it easy ;)

It would be nice if we could change the focus here to trying to convince MA to change the Rare pets from rare spawns to Rare Loots on Successful Tamings.

I agree with that.

I just guess why MA did it this way could have been to make rare pets to have other attributes; for instance slightly higher HP than their normal eqvivalents. If thinking that way, the way to solve it would be to spawn a tameable rare pet at the position where last one was tamed. Also I guess they use same algorithm as the random "boss" spawn (mod merp, mulmun elite etc).

If the rare ones doesn't have to be "stronger", then your idea is the easiest one, and also probably the one that would cause less "tame stealing".

I have a problem with this thread. Sorry if a bit off-topic...

I keep seeing xane's signature...

He hasn't done enough to claim to have "haters".

The use of it in that form is generally meant to demonstrate that due to ones greatness, they have achieved a level of success high enough to begin to attract detractors (i.e. haters)

Just being a douche is not the proper way to gain actual "haters"....you need to actually accomplish something that makes them jealous enough to start hating.

Your "haters" aren't hating for your successes or fame you have achieved...people just generally despise you for being worthless, pirating, having a big mouth, and never accomplishing anything. That is different.

I have haters (Ath's, comic books, HOF spam etc tend to do that)...you have a bunch of people that can't fucking stand you and usually just want you to leave the room like a loud kid who farted at Thanksgiving.

There is a difference. Please fix your signature. You don't deserve it yet.

I don't know, you seem to be hating on me a lot. Are you sure it's not because of my awesome pirateness?

Last edited:
Wow, first off, did not know Xane posted the conversation, or should I say some of it. He seems to have left some parts out. I guess the more important bits are there though. I have screen shots of the WHOLE conversation. They were for my protection if he tried to report me. So whatever.

Unfortunately Our private chat was removed because of rules 2.6, if that's the part you were referring to. If not by all means post it.

As for the taming system I like it the way it is, this coming form someone who has lost more rares then most to "griefing". I think making game dynamics with less consequences when interacting with other players makes the game boring. The problem isn't that people have an opportunity to screw other players over it's that there's not a lot that you can do to them to prevent it from happening in the first place. Ex: If all taming areas were contaminated zones then you could kill someone if they started messing with your mob.

I know some people can't stand the idea of another player affecting them in a negative way without their permission but I think aspects of the game like this create more tight-knit societies and friends.

If all taming areas were contaminated zones then you could kill someone if they started messing with your mob.

or, if someone found a rare mob you could kill them and tame the rare pet yourself! :dunce:

or, if someone found a rare mob you could kill them and tame the rare pet yourself! :dunce:

:) I'm not saying that's what I would do but I do like knowing the option is there.

Xane is asking a question which is somewhat clouded because of the tag over his head and reputation of some of his socmates.
Also it seems some people may have accepted accusations uncritically again because of the tag over Xane's head. (and his admitted past actions)

There are some societies with what appear to be good reputations. Top people in those societies can use this good reputation to beat on, grief, tell lies about and mislabel competitors. This has been and is done to myself, Varyag and my crew on a constant basis since early into my ownership of Varyag. Makes economic sense - i lost several thousands of ped, im sure my competitor gained on my loss. What they did was "just business" same as with their spies reporting all names of my clients and sending personal messages that using my service would result in my stealing their loot. It is perfectly legal in this game to obfuscate, misdirect, tell lies - it is impossible to eatablish motive and with a good tag over their head and established reputation what chance did I have a noob warpship owner. I did not bother reporting to Mind Ark - fortuitously I had bought a Booth and used that to survive as I rebuilt my shattered business.

I can appreciate Xane's sentiment of "dont make this game so easy" even as he (Xane) suffered the consequences of not being able to get rare pet from being griefed. As much I suffered from the unethical behaviour of the favored hiding behind a good name it is a fascinating process to do as the Borg do - adapt.

Xane is not asking what is legal to do in game - you are allowed to steal tame, steal mob, tell lies about your competitor and all kinds of other unethical things.

Xane is interested in debating the ethics of the issue, not the legality of it - Xane has clearly stated he is not screaming for justice but rather asking for debate and for those so inclined to say yes what was done to him for sins of others is justified or no it is not justified.

I've been playing Entropia Universe for years in and out for over a decade now; Just turned 10 \o/. From personal experience I should hate Xane with every fiber in my body as Himself has pirated over at the time 700 peds from me when I flew from Arkadia to Cyrene. Why don't I Hate him or his not so enlighten society of menace to society? Because for one I know its a game it can be very costly if your not to careful nor smart about the moves you take. Every time I see Xane, Micjack, Kitty, Chances, or Armstrong. I don't tell them to go F-Themselves I wave and say Hi, I don't have time to sit around and argue about what he is doing is technically "Morally Wrong". I always have business to attend too, Beside 90% of the time all my lootables on Cyrene anyways and I almost never fly with loot from Cyrene, and hate to take the decay cost on my ships.

Roughly 5 days ago I was flying to Cyrene I ran into Xane, I said "Hello Xane, I don't have any loot" what happen next you say? Xane got directly behind me and followed me some ways, then he decided to turn around and left me be. Micjack Hes one of the coolest guys I ever meet in the game, He killed me once had 5 whole dung he gave me it back; I didn't accept the offer. In fact He got added to friends list and if he needed anything I helped when I could and He returns the favor.

What im trying to say, Just because you have bad experience with certain individuals Don't label entire Society for it. Instead of giving them an iron fist try giving them a smile, I never had issues from NVE before and I doubt I ever will. Everything you do in this game can come back to bite you in the A**; Xane pirates; publicly known to take peds from players will always be remember for it. Nortern Titan, will be remember for being a douche for killing an creature while it was being tamed regardless if the tamer was a douche. "You will always be remember for the mistakes you do, hardly ever for the good you do".

-The Chief

Titan did not care what NVE peeps did until he was done bad.
therefore what some people in NVE do no excuse for Titan to steal tame and say "leave that soc or else I do to you again"
therefore Titan not justified to punish Xane who did nothing to him or his woman.

Is Xane to blame for the few bad people in his soc?

How long has Xane been in NVE?
What rank does Xane have in NVE? (how much power does Xane have to make soc better?)
I can avoid pirates easy have never been looted but the douchebags who call themself the good and just are big pain and headache to my crewmates and my woman.
Xane you and other pirates that just pirate to make living are breath of fresh air.

The actions of hypocrites who wear disguise of honorable are stench in my nostrils.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Yeah it sucks what happened to the guy's gf. But Xane wasn't the one that did it.

Yeah he can be an asshole pirate... But he was just minding his own business taming his pet. Not bothering anyone that I can see from the chat logs.

Did it make your girlfriend feel any less abused that you picked on someone from their soc? Maybe, maybe not. I'm sure she appreciated the white knight gesture.

Seems more like playground antics. Just give each other a hug and go have fun already :D

My mom used to say to me whenever I was in trouble (which was often :naughty:) doesn't mean you should.

Just like to add the same thing happen to me yesterday whist taming a rare pet... yeah ok I understand pirate blah blah blah - what pissed me off was about 20 mins before this happen I run up to them, healed for 1 min while asking how they were and shit... gave them the location to the meter of where the pets could be found and everything was sweet.

Then shortly after they run up and sniped the rare pet I was taming.

Honestly this just gave me a reason to grief their entire soc at every chance I can get whenever I see them taming anything.

Already dedicated 4 hours following them and I haven't even started yet.

Just like to add the same thing happen to me yesterday whist taming a rare pet...

I've heard a complaint from a non-pirate ingame. To sum it up: He had found a gorilla, and then someone nearby ruined it. He later got his gorilla (probably then after the other one left).

A tip is that when you're looking for rare mobs, try to be alone. Or at least with people you can trust so much so they won't ruin it for you, either for the griefing or for the profit (ie behave bad and hoping for the others to give up so you can have it for yourself).

Someone just waiting around is sometimes a bad sign - they are waiting for someone else to do the grinding so they can pop out when the tameable pet shows up, and as they aren't in the spawn they won't be the "first person" on it. Though it doesn't hurt to talk either, to find out if the grinder is there for the pet or for the loot (eg CND Bananas) or for the mission counter.

oh karma, there you are :)

Considering I was trying to tame it for her - and they shot it... sorta instant karma for them :laugh:
I already have a bunch, dont worry about me ! haha

Back