Question: Justified? You decide!

Justified Or Not?

• Justified

Votes: 51 62.2%
  • Unjustifiable

Votes: 31 37.8%

• Total voters
It wasn´t so nice of him to kill your taming.. but you probably understand that what you do in space is not forgot down planet so chanse that something like this happends to you is bigger.

However its "Justified", ok that he killed the mob whoever was taming it.. becouse the system is made that way. (but it's not so nice to do) ;)

If he keeps killing all rare mobs for others as much as you kill in space I am sure he will not be so popular either...

Thanks for the story and the insight into at least two people who spend a lot of time in EU.

Being honourable on the 'dark side', and even helpful when on planets is a positive.

Associating with people who aren't is not, once you know that to be the case.

It is thus the OP's decision how to proceed with regard to his soc/socmates. Maybe they are still the closest to the style of play he wishes for space, but when on planets their behaviours are very different.

I've never been a fan of taking revenge on someone linked to someone else, just because you find them first.
Good luck on doing the right thing in the future....

Now that I went back and read all the chat text - I don't see your issue here. So it seems like several people were trying to tame the same mob at once (which is allowed) and it died in the process. I can see how this borders "mob stealing" and the decent thing to do would be just leave the people alone - but with rare pets -it at least is "justifiable".
But I also saw you say "I don't care about the rules." So WTF, anything you say about what is fair/unfair after that is total BS.

expect repercussions from people in connection to things your other soc members do

That's not at all what happened, I was the only one attempting to tame the pet....the pet's health was almost gone. The other guy came and hit it twice with a big whip and killed it, he had no chance at taming it with its health that low and he had no intentions of doing so.

You read the whole thing and you couldn't see he obviously killed it on purpose to get back at another person in my soc?

pirates-5.gif

Justified? Nope.
Good thing he killed it? Yes.

You read the whole thing and you couldn't see he obviously killed it on purpose to get back at another person in my soc?

We read it and agree he probably didn't want to tame it but his actions were not against the EULA, (kinda like this Pirate thing in Space, huh?). But I think he was getting back at your Soc.. the person portion seems to have been irrellivant in this case.. :wise:

I once had to ban a decent, well-behaved guy from the drinking establishment that I own because he kept bringing in friends that would cause serious problems. It hurt, because I liked the guy, but I couldn't continue to allow his idiot friends to grief me, my staff, and other customers. Eventually, he found new non-idiot friends and I was able to lift his decade-old ban. Hopefully you see the parallel.

-Mick

That's not at all what happened, I was the only one attempting to tame the pet....the pet's health was almost gone. The other guy came and hit it twice with a big whip and killed it, he had no chance at taming it with its health that low and he had no intentions of doing so.

I'm sure he was doing it on purpose to get back at another person. But the logic that has been given to me by NVE is that MA designed the game this way (referring to looting people in space) and they designed it that way (referring to killing tamable mobs) so I would argue that the person who killed the mob is following the same logic that is being followed by NVE pirates I've encountered. His motive being "revenge" isn't something I'd agree with, but I don't know the motives of people in pvp either - i assume loot, but I can assume a lot of other things I wouldn't name here.

To sum up: take loot in space and get looted = tough shit
try and tame a mob for hours and someone kills it = tough shit
same logic

bitch to ma - I do and they don't care.

[Northern Stray Titan] for following my GF around for 4 hours threatening to kill any Saphires she found

stray don't lie on me like that!! I followed your lying girlfriend for 5 min...4 hours and 5 min is a very different thing..Dont look for a fake reason to do people dirty, your just dirty..but guess who now is on the way to follow?? <<this guy for 3hours and 55 min

No, publishing private communication without permission cannot be justified.

If me being innocent "ie abiding by the law" was told by a so called "friend" if I could drop him off somewhere in town, we then arrive at the destination, he then tells me to wait for him and suddenly I hear alarms, sirens, and gun shots, he then comes back into the car with a gun, a sack of money, even wearing a mask and shouting DRIVE!!! Are you not guilty by association? The law clearly says: you are an accessory to that crime being committed by your so called friend and serve the same sentence, even though he never told you where, why and what he was planning to do, you are still guilty as charged.

I can only assume that your analogy is to prove that guilty by association is a legitimate thing? If thats what your are saying and also something you approve of in my situation then I'm really glad you don't get to make decisions that affect others lol.

Lets apply your analogy to my situation but let's make it a little more accurate. Your at your job doing your work when the police show up and ask you if you are friends with so and so. You say yes and they tell you that so and so robbed a bank and they can't find him. Now even though they know you didn't help rob the bank or even know that it had happened they are going to punish you for the crime anyways......since your are friends and all. And since you live in a community that looks upon your "kind of people" as second rate citizens, almost not even human, everyone says good! They deserved it! Does that pretty much sum up how you feel?

Last edited:
Instead of threads on kill stealing we may now see threads on tame stealing.

No, publishing private communication without permission cannot be justified.

The majority of the conversation was done in public chat and plenty of people heard it nothing said in private chat was any different then what was said in public.

The reason space pirates "pirate" has nothing to do with being an "asswhipe". We aren't being mean to anyone or trying to hurt people.

You're probably not one of them, but there are a couple of pirates who, intentionally, shot at motherships/privateers to prevent warp, from what I understand a s kind of private revenge to the "log out in space" thing. At one time a pirate said in local (space) chat "We will never let you leave".

When that happened at Rocktropia space station, "you" (not you personally but those who did it) didn't only delay the mothership owner or was an annoyance to the group operating the mothership, for weeks you delayed the mothership for upwards an hour so they had to change the schedule to do Rocktropia last to minimize the annoyance. I, as a player, during the limited relatively precious evening time I have between work and bed, was pretty much stuck on that ship when it happened. All that for something that felt like a more or less personal vendetta against that mothership service.

Then, around newyear, I've been shot down a couple of times by people you might know, catching me up as I flew from space station, though at that distance it shouldn't have been possible. And, well, though I didn't lose anything it did cause an annoyance as I got a CTD (alternatively spend a minute at revival because of "you may not move"), then repair up quad, and then fly off again.

You are most likely innocents of the above, but because of the ativities in space, and the sense that the group you are in works strongly together (including possibly sharing tips how to use certain "game mechanics"), your group have a strong reputation. It would be one thing if it would be a society with one well known pirate in it, but in your case the reputation of your group is pretty strong, especially since there has been more than one from it that have done activities that can be regarded as questionable (and still belongs to the group). As far as I know, I haven't seen any kind of excure or explaination what happened some year ago when beginners were summoned up to a privateer (I have to admit I don't know if it was your society that was involved in it or if it was "freelancers").

So, so come to the main question:
Killing someone's mob they're taming? I think it's not god behaviour, but that's just me. You can compare with the situation, someone is shooting a leviathan in a pvp zone, and someone comes by, kills the hunter, and takes over the leviathan. Would that be ok?

The main reason why it hurts here is pretty much that the mob you lost was a rare one. As for harassment, for the same reason it's hard to set the finger on it since it was just one creature - albeit rare. It can be a different story if someone follows you around to kill every mob you start to whip. I once saw one "beginner" becoming mad because there was another player following him and killing his mobs. It turned out that the second person was just frustrated with loot returns, and he thought that the first beginner, killing expsaurs with opalo, was damaging the loot because he hunted too eco. So in that case there was no evil thought involved, just general frustration with loot and the thought that chasing off that other hunter would make loot better.

And while it's "guilt by association"; it's a fact that your society do have a reputation, and unless you have an individual reputation, as a "good guy" or "bad guy", some people who don't know you personally, will see which society you represent, and take it as fact you are representing that society, sharing the values they have proven to show in the past.

(On the other hand, hen I see a pirate do something on ground, I think "oh nice, it's one less pirate in space!") ;)

Last edited:
You're probably not one of them, but there are a couple of pirates who, intentionally, shot at motherships/privateers to prevent warp, from what I understand a s kind of private revenge to the "log out in space" thing. At one time a pirate said in local (space) chat "We will never let you leave".

When that happened at Rocktropia space station, "you" (not you personally but those who did it) didn't only delay the mothership owner or was an annoyance to the group operating the mothership, for weeks you delayed the mothership for upwards an hour so they had to change the schedule to do Rocktropia last to minimize the annoyance. I, as a player, during the limited relatively precious evening time I have between work and bed, was pretty much stuck on that ship when it happened. All that for something that felt like a more or less personal vendetta against that mothership service.

Then, around newyear, I've been shot down a couple of times by people you might know, catching me up as I flew from space station, though at that distance it shouldn't have been possible. And, well, though I didn't lose anything it did cause an annoyance as I got a CTD (alternatively spend a minute at revival because of "you may not move"), then repair up quad, and then fly off again.

In regards to the MS warp delay thing, yeah that is something that we do sometimes(me included) but it is always because of something the MS Owner/Pilot is doing to us. At least in my encounters. Such as taunting for shooting at us. So you see the difference here, we going directly after the party involved. We don't go after the passengers and say Im going to follow you around and harass you because I don't like the MS you flew on.

Such as taunting for shooting at us. So you see the difference here, we going directly after the party involved. We don't go after the passengers and say Im going to follow you around and harass you because I don't like the MS you flew on.

Well, first, a reason a mothership shoots, is that if a known pirate comes within shooting range (bothways), the most apparent reason is that they probably are going to engage. If you stay out of shooting range (0.1 AU or so), the mothership can shoot, of course, but can't hit you, so I can't see the problem here. A mothership won't go for you either, because a mothership can't race a quad - so if you get so close you take damage, if you just fly away the mothership won't be able to hit or "taunt" you. The mothership definitely won't be able to take you down if you leave.

And believe it or not, if you delay a mothership 30 minutes, you won't delay just the captain or owner of it - you will delay all the passengers on it. Including (of course) the passengers who remain logged in and who are actively waiting for ship to arrive at its destination. And as the passengers might be on their way for an event, they won't be happy if they miss a part of the event because of the delay. And, what about the passengers on the next planet who are waiting for the mothership - because of the mass summon, the summon dialog is now timed, which means that there will be passengers on next planet doing nothing but wait for the summon box to pop up. Before the mass summons, if you were out hunting, you could keep the summon box on screen, go to a storage, put your loot there, and *then* accept the summon. Now when you get the summon box, you have 20 seconds to prepare yourself. And this change of the summon box was made because of a group of pirates. Sure, motherships often sends two summons nowdays, but that only changes the timeframe to click the button from 1x20 seconds to 2x20 seconds.

In regards to the MS warp delay thing, yeah that is something that we do sometimes(me included) but it is always because of something the MS Owner/Pilot is doing to us. At least in my encounters. Such as taunting for shooting at us. So you see the difference here, we going directly after the party involved. We don't go after the passengers and say Im going to follow you around and harass you because I don't like the MS you flew on.

As soon as I read the first sentence I hit reply - you complain that someone does something to you because of something done to them and then state how you do something because of something the owner/pilot did to you. Do you hear yourself? So all the passengers on that mother ship just have to deal with you delaying them because of a grduge you have with the pilot? IMO - it's the same shit as this person doing something to you because of your soc members. If someone is doing some BS in our soc - we tend to give them the boot because ONE person can drag the whole name in the mud.
I feel you are a decent person, but everything I hear you say contradicts what you are talking about.

Difference here = going after party involved??? NO the passengers are not the party involved and you inadvertently went after them. But it's justified because they taunted or shot at you? OMG! That's what NVE love is shooting and taunting in space. If you can't take it - don't dish it out.

I do feel that the main issue that you brought up is a valid thing to discuss : tame mob stealing
and that I do not approve on. We can agree on that!

its simple when you hang around with a bunch of cunts, expect to be treated like one.....case closed

I hate to burst your tiny bubble/philosophy but everyone you've ever met is considered to be a !!!! to someone else in this world at one time or another usually for reasons untrue. Should we all just treat each other like cunts and expect to be treated like cunts? But wait what if I don't consider the people I hang around with to be cunts? What am I supposed to do then? You say cunts I say not cunts, how do I know who is right? I'm confused!
YOU LIED IT'S NOT SIMPLE AT ALL!

As soon as I read the first sentence I hit reply - you complain that someone does something to you because of something done to them and then state how you do something because of something the owner/pilot did to you. Do you hear yourself? So all the passengers on that mother ship just have to deal with you delaying them because of a grduge you have with the pilot? IMO - it's the same shit as this person doing something to you because of your soc members. If someone is doing some BS in our soc - we tend to give them the boot because ONE person can drag the whole name in the mud.
I feel you are a decent person, but everything I hear you say contradicts what you are talking about.

Difference here = going after party involved??? NO the passengers are not the party involved and you inadvertently went after them. But it's justified because they taunted or shot at you? OMG! That's what NVE love is shooting and taunting in space. If you can't take it - don't dish it out.

I do feel that the main issue that you brought up is a valid thing to discuss : tame mob stealing
and that I do not approve on. We can agree on that!

Your are right we do love shooting and sometimes taunting in space....and we can take it we also chose to immediately dish it right back out. So your MS operator talks some shit in chat to NVE and NVE replies with lasers(why would you expect anything less?) ultimately leading to a delayed flight and you don't place all the blame on the MS operator? It's really NVE's fault for allowing themselves to be called out?

You do know that we don't have access to the guest list and have no idea who is or isn't on board. By the action of the MS owner we would also assume they're not in a hurry and have all day(that's what they say most of the time when engaging us).

I hate to burst your tiny bubble/philosophy but everyone you've ever met is considered to be a !!!!

Erm the fcuk you on about???? i suggest you open your eyes before someone bursts your tiny mind....

Should we all just treat each other like cunts and expect to be treated like cunts

NO don't behave like one and no one will treat you like one or stop hanging around with people who do and you wont get in the crossfire....

But wait what if I don't consider the people I hang around with to be cunts? What am I supposed to do then?

If you cant see a person or crowd you hang around with for what they are...then there is no one to blame but yourself.

^^ concur poor sapphire was hanging with the wrong crowd got fucked......as did mr xane

Erm the fcuk you on about???? i suggest you open your eyes before someone bursts your tiny mind....

NO don't behave like one and no one will treat you like one or stop hanging around with people who do and you wont get in the crossfire....

If you cant see a person or crowd you hang around with for what they are...then there is no one to blame but yourself.

I think most of what I said may have gone right over your head. I''' say it simply like this; Calling an entire group of people, that you for the most part don't really know anything about, a bunch of cunts is very subjective and no where near fact. So how is this good advice for anyone?

I would have cried if the poor sapphire I tamed last night had died in the attempt. And although I do not agree with Xanes choice of gameplay in space and will continue to be on opposite side of him up there, I do not think this was right on ground. Ks mobs when hunting is wrong, same with taming.

Everyone is missing the main point here...

No matter which player is right or wrong.. what did that poor wee Sapphire ever do to deserve to be killed :( :cry:

;)

Exactly! I would have rather he go to live with whats his name then die! And that's how Solomon knew I was the babies true mother.

OK so I guess my main point here was guilty by association is a bad way to play the game and life in general, but the bulk of the arguments against my point(along with some really bad analogies) is "Your just a piece of shit NVE member Xane who care what you think anyway". So I'm not sure there is much progress to be made here LOL. :yay:

I think most of what I said may have gone right over your head. I''' say it simply like this; Calling an entire group of people, that you for the most part don't really know anything about, a bunch of cunts is very subjective and no where near fact. So how is this good advice for anyone?

What we know is that NVE kill people in space and loot them or if they don't have loot hinder them to be on their way. (time=money etc etc bladibla) Goblin taxi was a member of my society, until we found out he transported people to edges of planets only to get his second avatar out to loot them once they left the ms. He lied about all of this to our faces, we kicked him and he got accepted into your society while the leader of nve was told about all of the above. Do I still hold a grudge? you bet ya. Am I on a crusade until every pirate in this game quits or gives up? Hell yeah. Is that unreasonable? for sure. Do I care? Hell no. Do I like Teesmaarkhan more than any member of NVE? Damn sure!
Do I always bring one dung in my cargo hold for you pirates to loot? Hell yeah.

I voted purely on who you hang around with.

Which is against my normal principles. Such is the way with binary choices. I may have voted for a 3rd option.

EDIT: You roll around in shit, dont expect many dinner party invites.

Last edited:
You roll around in shit, dont expect many dinner party invites.

Note to self: If wanting to avoid dinner party with Mega roll in shit...got it.

Back