World of Firepower 2014

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
The Semi-Finals saw several surprises as favourites were eliminated, and record scores were achieved. Having won the title twice before and being no strangers to the Final, Team USA can be considered favourites each time they take the field. Nonetheless, they were unprepared for the sheer determination of DACH to secure a chance at a second title themselves, finding the gap between their scores reaching further than it was possible to close. DACH achieved the first of the weekend's two all-time highest WoF match scores with an impressive 1371, besting Team Sweden's Title-Winning 1284 in 2011. As the most recent winners of the WoF they have to the chance to be the first to claim two consecutive victories, something we're sure they'll be keen to do.

Next, Team Great Britain took on Team Australia, who were underdogs as far as previous scores were concerned but still made Great Britain work for their victory. With a winning score of 647 Team Great Britain are the apparent underdogs in the Final itself but previous matches have shown they can achieve a competitive score. As Team England, they took the title in 2008 and in common with their fellow finalists would relish the chance to equal the record set by Team USA.

Finally we saw Team Sweden take on previous finalists and reliable fighters Team France, who managed to score 1079 points, beating their previous highest score, the 2011 Final score of 1040. It wasn't enough to stop Sweden as they went on to reach a mind-boggling score of 1422, the highest score ever recorded in the history of the WoF. This makes Sweden the 1st and 3rd highest scorers ever, placing DACH in 2nd place. The fact they have achieved these scores while refusing any non-Swedish help makes it all the more impressive.

The three of them are due to meet on April 11th at 19:00 and tackle the last Moblist of the tournament, where Araneatrox and Atrox are among several unlucky mobs to bear the brunt of their tenacious and organised armies. All are welcome at the Start/Finish point at! 87910, 76450, 100! to park up your vehicles, and watch them all take off and then the judges exploding in trumpets and swirls as the globals roll in.

Who will be the winners of a second WoF title?

We'll have to wait and see.

Originally Posted Here

if it was about scored point france would be in finale..
congrats to the blessed teams out there ;)

Thanks hurricane for the organisation and getting official involved

LOL, Joda is swedish now????

Not to mention sweden have been very much supported by the "dynamic" loots.

It is Team Sweden's policy (and has been for several years) to refuse offers of Support from "walk-up" teams on the day who are not made up of Swedish Nationals. They are the only team who have specified this requirement, most teams are happy to allow anyone to help them. This is where this comment comes from. If they've broken their own rule on occasion that's up to them, they're still the only team with a rule at all, and so it was worth including in the information I supplied Bertha.

Hurrikane

Yes TEAM SWEDEN refuse help from other countries!
A very few exceptions (by a single player on a match) may have happened over the years. but trust me! it has never been planned if so

Last edited:
LOL, Joda is swedish now????

We/I don't actively recruit other nationals. Though, I don't either control everyone who joins a support team, or control privately hired support people (for instance fappers, who are paid by individual hunters). When it comes to mainteam, as far as I know (without asking them to scan their passports) all of them are at least Swedish speaking.

Practically, we/I have no control who joins, or who creates, a support team. It would be possible to talk with the judges to not accept further team changes, but that would be impractical in case there is a need to create an additional support team during a match, or if someone joins (a support team) during the match.

As far as I know, I would guess that, at the most, one or two people/match might be considered as foreign; and again it's no one I (as team captain) have actively recruited. I think the cases there had been non-Swedish (support) people joining, they are there to hunt with and help a friend.

Our (private) forum and our support channel ingame chat channel is Swedish speaking. The main thread in the wof2014 forum is in English, this is to comply with forum rules it's not a choice we have made.

This was Sweden's support teams during last match:
WOF SWEDEN SUPPORT #21 <-- Main support team
WOF SWEDEN SUPPORT ***GOW*** <-- Support team from society Gods of War, filled up with people as team 21 became too big. The society GoW partly stems from the society "Swedish web rangers".

I have to admit that we have had one non-Swedish member (support): Al Magam Gambe. He wasn't a shooter though, more of moral support. We haven't seen him online during this year's WoF. (He doesn't have a forum account.)

Last edited:
We/I don't actively recruit other nationals. Though, I don't either control everyone who joins a support team, or control privately hired support people (for instance fappers, who are paid by individual hunters). When it comes to mainteam, as far as I know (without asking them to scan their passports) all of them are at least Swedish speaking.

Practically, we/I have no control who joins, or who creates, a support team. It would be possible to talk with the judges to not accept further team changes, but that would be impractical in case there is a need to create an additional support team during a match, or if someone joins (a support team) during the match.

As far as I know, I would guess that, at the most, one or two people/match might be considered as foreign; and again it's no one I (as team captain) have actively recruited. I think the cases there had been non-Swedish (support) people joining, they are there to hunt with and help a friend.

Our (private) forum and our support channel ingame chat channel is Swedish speaking. The main thread in the wof2014 forum is in English, this is to comply with forum rules it's not a choice we have made.

This was Sweden's support teams during last match:
WOF SWEDEN SUPPORT #21 <-- Main support team
WOF SWEDEN SUPPORT ***GOW*** <-- Support team from society Gods of War, filled up with people as team 21 became too big. The society GoW partly stems from the society "Swedish web rangers".

I have to admit that we have had one non-Swedish member (support): Al Magam Gambe. He wasn't a shooter though, more of moral support. We haven't seen him online during this year's WoF. (He doesn't have a forum account.)

Actually your rules are tighter than you think; myself and other judges have had several instances of asking you during a hunt if a Support team or Support member can help you and getting the reply "Only if they're Swedes." :)
Hurrikane

If can you prove he is not a swede I would be happy though, since that would be the first evidence of where he comes from. (Or at least where he does NOT come from.)

Back