Question: What is the point of the Dev's Corner section of the forums if the Devs never come answer any questions?

The point, obviously, is for annoyed players to come on here and pout like children.

Devs do come on here.

They just dont come on here often enough for you.

Tough luck. Life is hard.

they are surly reading this, but they for sure dont want to write anything so 10000x sad faces starts a flame war over nothing :laugh:

The Calypso Dev team do not like to communicate with the player base. This is not whining it is a fact. There is no point having Devs corner.

<removed>

Just because you dont read a response, doesnt mean they dont read it.

Remember this thread?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?265443-Please-add-a-Total-Skill-count!

I didn't fully check but I dont think any dev posted in the first 170 posts before it was implemented.

But by definition, a question implies that you should get an answer, otherwise they should rename the section "Write stuff down for the devs to possibly read, or possibly not, but you'll never know if they're even paying attention".

The Calypso Dev team do not like to communicate with the player base. This is not whining it is a fact. There is no point having Devs corner.

Best answer, + rep that I must have stolen from Magyar.

Last edited by a moderator:
<removed>

+ rep to OP, calling on the dev section which would make a mortuary look like a live action set.

Last edited by a moderator:
But by definition, a question implies that you should get an answer, otherwise they should rename the section "Write stuff down for the devs to possibly read, or possibly not, but you'll never know if they're even paying attention".

It's called:

Dev's Corner

Communicate with the developers of Planet Calypso.

It's not called:

Ask the Developer

Use this section to ask the developers a question and you'll always receive a reply.

My point above is, if you want to communicate something to the Dev's to which they may or may not agree with or possibly read, use the forum. If it gets a lot of support (again, such as the skill count thread) we may get it implemented or modified.

The alternative is doing so via a support case - you will always get an answer, although there's a chance it may take a while or be of the 'cut and paste' standard reply variety.

The point, obviously, is for annoyed players to come on here and pout like children.

Devs do come on here.

They just dont come on here often enough for you.

Tough luck. Life is hard.

Kyrisma cant handle the criticism, so sends nasty messages over negative reps.

Just pointing that out. Publicly. Because I'm tired of people practicing douchebaggery over PM and rep while smiling in peoples faces like a bunch of pit vipers. Way to go, kiddo.

Should change your name to NoKyrismaPretentiousAsswipe.

Also, for the mods since this will be reported, retalliatory negative reps are against some forum rule or another. Cant quote it, but it's there. Ban this toad.

So is calling people out publicly. I am electing to do this and face the consequences because to be perfectly frank, I'm tired of assholes on this forum. I have no respect for passive aggressive behavior, and I have no respect for people who cant say publicly what they say behind closed doors.

Nothing like coming back from a long tour to see some jerk leaving you a nasty note because they got their feelings hurt. Boo freaking hoo. /facepalm
I think ^this^ is a bit overboard for a response to this...
I mean, seriously, why not just close this section of the forums? Pretty lame if you ask me. :mad:
Lighten up man! :yup:

as for the topic... I agree with OP, how hard is it to devote an hour a day to the Forums?!
I work 50-60 hours a week, and I check forums every day!

Dev's corner is stupid and useless... they should show some participation if they want to have a Forum section devoted to them! When it first came out they were a little active there, now it's virtually Dev-free! pffft

Go ask mindark on entropiaforplay

/mod note/ This thread was moved to the 'About PlanetCalypsoForum' section as it is about the operation of the forum. ie: 'Why is there a Dev's Corner section?'.

711's thread 'Dev's Corner Forum Guidelines' makes it clear that while communication from MindArk reps or Calypso devs is appreciated, it can never be demanded.

NOTES:
MindArk representatives / Calypso developers are under no obligation to respond speedily (or ever) to any particular threads or questions posted in the Dev's Corner subforum, or elsewhere on PlanetCalypsoForum.

Constant nudging and poking via sarcastic comments or thread bumps will not result in a faster response from the devs.

Also, please do not foster the misconception that a lack of an official response to a particular issue or question posted here on PlanetCalypsoForum provides any sort of insight into MindArk's development plans for Entropia Universe, or indicates any sort of official stance by MindArk on the topic in question.

Many times, MA/Calypso representatives are probably waiting to post a response only once they have obtained accurate information related to the thread topic, along with any necessary approval from upper management regarding the sharing of such information.

while communication from MindArk reps or Calypso devs is appreciated, it can never be demanded.

Common courtesy would say that at least once per month, if not weekly, someone from Mindark will let their customers know that they appreciate their business and ask about lets say 2-3 issues/bugs players are complaining about and solve them next month. From textures and colors and annoying sounds to more serious things, like AH not giving PED for sold items instead of dismissing the cases.

In few months wonders could be done.

And does not have to be on this forum, again common courtesy would be for EU to have an official forum with planet sections where representatives of planets can address issues in a centralized form, not to make 6-7-8 accounts like now. Just following patch notes is a pain.

while communication from MindArk reps or Calypso devs is appreciated, it can never be demanded.

why not? :dunno:

they demand things from us! :wise:

yeah, they do!...

here is their list of demands!...
you will find plenty of terms such as "YOU ARE REQUIRED TO ABIDE" and "You must immediately" etc.!

& lol @ "Victim Mentality" pffft I don't think so! :lolup:

You accept it willingly. Hence you are not a victim of anything except your own choices. Once you realize you can choose to say no, their demands are nothing more than poorly worded requests.

Back