Help: Slow low hp mobs?

Society
Apocalyptic
Whining Skeptic Aboard
Hey,

It is time for me to start a hunting log again. But this time I need help picking mob.

I am looking for something that I will be able to take down before it reaches me while I have 50 dps. Preferably with an iron mission and on Caly. Any suggestions appreciated.

Edit: Something with a decent non taxed spawn. My range will be 62m.

Traeskeron is the mob you are looking for :)

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Mob&id=295

The only problem is the big ones are only in a taxed area. Smaller ones can be found in non-taxed areas. But people usually hunt only big maturities.

This mob is famous because can be shoot down by only walking back and killing the mob without even touching you.

And yes they do have a mission chain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Traeskeron is the mob you are looking for :)

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Mob&id=295

The only problem is the big ones are only in a taxed area. Smaller ones can be found in non-taxed areas. But people usually hunt only big maturities.

This mob is famous because can be shoot down by only only by walking back and killing the mob without even touching you.

And yes they do have a mission chain.

I agree. Traeskeron is a good mob choice for your criteria. The area near the mission broker for them has low maturity mixed with Snarg and Prancer (I think?) which is also an iron mission

Traeskeron

Traesk seems interesting, might want to skip the smallest ones though as my damage interval will be 55-110. Or I need to buy me a finisher...

Are any of the spawns mentioned on entropedia accurate?

Some other options:

Calypso: Miner Bot (taxed and no iron but drops cobalt/azzurdite)
Cyrene: Tide Claw (not on Caly but it's just cool :silly2:)

Traesk seems interesting, might want to skip the smallest ones though as my damage interval will be 55-110. Or I need to buy me a finisher...

Are any of the spawns mentioned on entropedia accurate?

Usually people are hunting as well the big ones and the only place LA where you can find them is OLA #01 TP.
For me it's the first TP in the list and is very well known.

Some other options:

Calypso: Miner Bot (taxed and no iron but drops cobalt/azzurdite)
Cyrene: Tide Claw (not on Caly but it's just cool :silly2:)

Why is everything taxed? :(

I'm not paying 50 PED an hour to average a negative return. It would ruin the whole idea of being eco.

Wasn't there a shared spawn of Traesks with progressive higher maturity and boss at the end? or it's gone now?

Askest not rhetorical questions, because someone may answer. :)

Usually, things are taxed because they can be taxed. Lower elasticity of demand (than that of the nearest substitute) is essential - in many countries there is a "sin tax" on coffee but not on tea, although it would be hard to demonstrate how one is more "sinful" than another.

I'm not paying 50 PED an hour to average a negative return. It would ruin the whole idea of being eco.

Get a gang of 8-12 of people together and you can do the wave event. Location is in the link I gave in post #4 (tax free and maturity is Young to Matriach over 12 waves)

You dont need that many to start the wave event, but it will likely time out if you dont have that many in later stages.

Alternatively you can do them tax free with 2 other mobs present also detailed in post #4.

How slow do they have to be? Or do you just have to kill them before they reach you?

Traskeron (good spawn of big ones on LA taxed, low hp ones @ wave event)
Miner Bot (taxed on TI, only spawn in game)
Combibo (2 stalker spawns on LA's, both taxed)
Longu (1 LA taxed, young)
Cornundacauda (anywhere east of Camp Phoenix)
Daikiba (wave event)
Kerberos (east of Boreas)
Caperon (I don't think meets your dps requirement, need ~68+ dps to do youngs walking backwards)

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Slow enough for it to die before it reaches me. Going to try out Accuracy enhancers and ES armor. Want to keep defense costs at zero.

Mermoth is another very slow mob not yet mentioned. No iron but has some interesting loot. 50 dps might however be too much for youngs, and I'm not sure about current availability of higher maturities.

Armax Bulls maybe. At least I can do them up to lv 14 with a kallous 7 + a106 and an earth shock trooper armor without getting hit. The cows are faster though.

Last edited:
Wasn't there a shared spawn of Traesks with progressive higher maturity and boss at the end? or it's gone now?

It's still there. West of the TP you need to use to get to the mission broker. Can't recall the name... Camp or Ft. Victoria? At work so can't look.

Nobody mentioned Argo? They are fast, but at 50 dps not much will be left from a young/adult if shot from 60+. Right there near Twin, untaxed.

And mermoth...as far as I remember they are damn fast, was really a pain to do those missions on the "new" islands as they were running from all corners.

The miner bots are kinda difficult to hunt with zero armor.

Last edited:
And mermoth...as far as I remember they are damn fast, was really a pain to do those missions on the "new" islands as they were running from all corners.

Not sure about punies but real mermoths are extremely slow; they however have agro range of ~75m, so you need to watch radar carefully to avoid getting a swollen tail.

Traskeron stalker can be found on top of the waterfall around the event area traskerons, if your seeing bubbles your in the right area. As to how quick they respawn i dont know but theirs a few their. Cnt give precise location atm as im not in game. They also both young to stalker drop large qtys of animal muscle oil and do not drop the diltued sweat, just pure animal muscle oil! :) i didnt give mega the location yet as i was useing it but oh well got no ped anyways

Traskeron stalker can be found on top of the waterfall around the event area traskerons, if your seeing bubbles you in the right area. As to how quick they respawn i dont know but theirs a few their. Cnt give precise location atm as im not in game. They also both young to stalker drop large qtys of animal muscle oil and do not drop the diltued sweat rubbish as well, just pure animal muscle oil! :) i didnt give mega the location yet as i was useing it but oh well got no ped anyways

Thank you! Going to check it out! +rep

Traskeron stalker can be found on top of the waterfall around the event area traskerons, if your seeing bubbles you in the right area. As to how quick they respawn i dont know but theirs a few their. Cnt give precise location atm as im not in game. They also both young to stalker drop large qtys of animal muscle oil and do not drop the diltued sweat rubbish as well, just pure animal muscle oil! :) i didnt give mega the location yet as i was useing it but oh well got no ped anyways

If its where I think you mean, thats where the Traeskeron picture was taken. I haven't put it in as a location yet because of the annoyance of the insects there.

Also not many there. Might be ok for 1 person hunting slowly.

If its where I think you mean, thats where the Traeskeron picture was taken. I haven't put it in as a location yet because of the annoyance of the insects there.

Also not many there.

Yeh, impossible to hunt there without armor decay: due to the insects. Plus some drowns when you are shooting them, which, of course, ruins an efficient hunt.

Also not many there.

I dont remeber seeing insects their but i wasnt really hunting that maturity that often was just hitting low lvl ones down below.

P.s if your running the event spawns theirs a 30 min timer then it resets. So keep track of time as if your half way through a mob when timer ends u lose it!

Last edited:
araneatrox, duh!
nero

Why not small prot? Your using est... I used to do them with lc150+O204 without getting hit...
Globsters do minimal decay to est but you will die often and its a taxed mob.
Argo elites drop quickly and they still loot fair amounts of iron.

Im sure I'm missing some, but I'm at work... good luck in search.

Traskerons look like the perfect fit for this. Or if you want to move to Cyrene you can try Tide Claws.

Back