Will All Skill Trees Always Yield -Profit

2mlg4u

Basically My question is will all professions ultimately lead to - profits. I had no luck with hunting and no luck with mining because they both did not return the same amount. I think levels might have something to do with the profit yields to. So basically does anyone make a profit on hunting and what are genuinely good guns to use when hunting. Also any particularly good spots to hunt? And what level would one start to see profits.

Basically My question is will all professions ultimately lead to - profits. I had no luck with hunting and no luck with mining because they both did not return the same amount. I think levels might have something to do with the profit yields to. So basically does anyone make a profit on hunting and what are genuinely good guns to use when hunting. Also any particularly good spots to hunt? And what level would one start to see profits.

Yes your profit will be negative, if you follow the professions the same way everyone else does.

Well put good sir.:wise:

The game is you vs. Everyone else. People play it as you vs. Mindark and that's why we have so many whiny bitches in these forums.

Last edited:

It has nothing to do with levels, it's all about being efficient in the field you're in. If you want to profit, be more efficient then your foe/ competitors. This requires investment in efficient gear ie sib laser guns.

It has nothing to do with profit, but about being smart in whatever you are doing. At this moment I am profiting on TT+MU just from hunting Lv3 Berycled at Camp Phoenix (No Biggie Telling you this Info). But I will not spoon feed you my setup, learn to be efficient my padawan, again a small investment is required.

Last edited:
Well, many professions, such as Animal Investigator, Decoy Dispenser & Translocator are real, REAL hard to profit if you focus on them, but not totally impossible
See full list of professions here

Yes, yes, I'm pretending you meant ingame skill professions.

Personal advice: Stop asking so many questions on the forum and go play the game. :laugh:

Have you read this guide yet?
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?264996-Entropia-Universe-Guide-2015-Edition

If no, go read it.

If yes...then...consider taking a look at the link in my signature.

Last of all, playing against the server/banker/MA will always result in a negative expectation value. (Put in 100, get back less than 100. Put in 1000, get back less than 1000. * In the long run...on average, of course.)

Therefore, know how to cover your losses.

In other words, look for/towards markup from other players.

In other other words, sell your loot for at least some markup if not more.

Learn how to street/forum sell your stuff to circumvent auction fees...or learn all about the auction fees and try to sell them in such a way that you lose little if not none of your auction fees.

In other words, look for/towards markup from other players.

In other other words, sell your loot for at least some markup if not more.

The proper definition of this is:

Loot loot that can be sold at a markup to other players.

If you find out you've looted tt food - tt it and get over it. Go loot something else.

Yes some ppl do make profit in hunting.
About spots? Noone will tell you, as if you give out your secrets then you will profit less yourself. Imagine you discover one mob that drops gold stones.. right now markup is 240% so easy profit if you camp them, but as soon as you tell others, the markup drops and no more profit for you.

Profits can be found on all levels, just higher the level, higher turnover and higher profits.

Hunter profession is one of the hardest professions to profit on with little cash (maybe crafting is as hard at the beginning)...
Mining is the easiest way to go (apart from trading and few other services you can offer)

The game is you vs. Everyone else. People play it as you vs. Mindark and that's why we have so many whiny bitches in these forums.

Haha
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to atomicstorm again

There is only one skill that helps as far as EU is concerned and that is the one that starts from your brain. How well u do in EU will depend on how well that skill tree has grown.

the higher your skills are the more mobs you can hunt that might be a profit mob but other than that, the best skill tree in the game is experience. Learn how the wheel is spinning and spin with it!! :dunce:

Hmm I had it wrong all this time, I thought it was me vs my wallet. Funny thing is both always lose :laugh:

If that were true, there wouldn't have been an MU removing massive loot nerf or EP BPs.

If you want to profit you need to think more like a business manager. Find what product/service people will pay for and figure out how to get it and then how to sell it to those people for more than you put into it.

If that were true, there wouldn't have been an MU removing massive loot nerf or EP BPs.

what you said doesn't negate my comment. The explosive bp is still in line with my comment. It is just another tool in the tool box.

I don't see any massive loot nerf unless you are talking about calypso's stupid loot tables And that is on calypso, not mindark. It is pure laziness. The fact that calypso still has hunters on it tells me that people have no grasp of my original statement or found small pockets of markup.

what you said doesn't negate my comment. The explosive bp is still in line with my comment. It is just another tool in the tool box.

I don't see any massive loot nerf unless you are talking about calypso's stupid loot tables And that is on calypso, not mindark. It is pure laziness. The fact that calypso still has hunters on it tells me that people have no grasp of my original statement or found small pockets of markup.

Umm I have the exact same types of returns on Ark, RT, NI, Toulan, Cyrene etc. as I do on Calypso, so not sure what your getting at with that one comment about calypso loot being worse then other places. I have never gone to Arkadia or any other planet for that matter and gotten sustained great returns it always goes up and down everywhere I go it is no better on one planet to another after awhile. Calypso just is so much easier to sell the junk you get compared to other planets hence the biggest reason a lot of people stay here I think. As I stated in other threads I can even sell Arkadia or RT materials faster on Calypso then on their native planets.

And Space just sucks to deal with to get mats back to Calypso and others would agree, so that also keeps most people on Calypso. The planet to turn around the fastest loot to keep people going is the planet everyone will stay on. MA and PP's can't make this happen only players can, the creators give ways to dump mats but not make markup off of them and it is all about making Markup off mats.

Last edited:
Umm I have the exact same types of returns on Ark, RT, NI, Toulan, Cyrene etc. as I do on Calypso, so not sure what your getting at with that one comment about calypso loot being worse then other places. I have never gone to Arkadia or any other planet for that matter and gotten sustained great returns it always goes up and down everywhere I go it is no better on one planet to another after awhile. Calypso just is so much easier to sell the junk you get compared to other planets hence the biggest reason a lot of people stay here I think. As I stated in other threads I can even sell Arkadia or RT materials faster on Calypso then on their native planets.

And Space just sucks to deal with to get mats back to Calypso and others would agree, so that also keeps most people on Calypso. The planet to turn around the fastest loot to keep people going is the planet everyone will stay on. MA and PP's can't make this happen only players can, the creators give ways to dump mats but not make markup off of them and it is all about making Markup off mats.

TT returns are irrelevant. if you are basing a loot nerf (which hasnt happened) on your tt return then I can't help you. If my calypso loot comment wasn't obvious, you arent paying attention to the actual loot.

TT returns are irrelevant. if you are basing a loot nerf (which hasnt happened) on your tt return then I can't help you. If my calypso loot comment wasn't obvious, you arent paying attention to the actual loot.

Well only difference about Calypso loot over other planets at the moment I can see is less variety of junk you get from a mob, I perfer this actually so I can build stacks faster to sell. I actually hated getting 50 different mats from a mob all the time, it took me 30-50 times longer hunting to get a sellable stack.

What about other planets loot makes it better? It is not more variety of loot per mob in my opinion that actually makes it worse. The shrapnel/ammo amount being dropped I get tons of that everywhere not just calypso and in any event keeps me hunting longer with same amount of PED before going back to try and sell. I really not understanding why you think loot is so nerfed on calypso, I can't make a killing on any other planet any faster doing the same activities so is it really any more nerfed?

Back