Please add a player counter

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Dev team

Can you add a player counter to the Calypso client loader. Mainly to give us an idea of server load at different times in the day and during events. Ie it would be good to know that there was a background load of say 3000 players at any one time, which say peaked to 5000 during events or when US and Europe are awake. I dont see a need to supress this information.

Joakim?

Cheers

53263765.jpg

I cant see them ever adding that.

For one reason it would allow people to say "My loot return is terrible because I played when only 2000 others were"

It would also give fuel / data to the doommongers to pronounce "Entropia is dying" same as they have done for the past 10 years ;)

Mainly to give us an idea of server load at different times in the day and during events.

The game is made up of multiple servers. That's why one area can be laggy - like the PA/Icarus server was when an influx of new players added to existing player load - but everywhere else just fine.

So it seems to me that giving a total player count for the whole game would be pretty useless for identifying server load as there is no overall 'game load'.

I would love this to happen,

I don't think it will tho because we are RCE

Do you really want new players to see the number "5000" (which will be actually way less) in the client loader? I used to answer frankly to my disciples about active playerbase ("about 10k active players from my estimation") but that quickly led to one less disciple and player. 5000 is a lot for a game like our, but nowadays people are used to 6-7 digits numbers and don't like the idea to invest their time in anything less, so it's better to keep them in the dark until later. For that, I'm ready to tame my own curiosity about the matter.

Simple solution to OPs request:

A BAR!

Goes from green to red!

You know server load, but no one gets to know numbers ;)

Hmm.... perhaps even for every server....? :O

Simple solution to OPs request:

A BAR!

Goes from green to red!

You know server load, but no one gets to know numbers ;)

Hmm.... perhaps even for every server....? :O

Reminds me of that "lag-o-meter" that we used to have before this UI "upgrade".

(Bottom right corner of the radar, the three green bars.)

Not sure why they've removed that feature though.

Reminds me of that "lag-o-meter" that we used to have before this UI "upgrade".

It was a lag-o-meter? I can't remember it changing appearance so always assumed it's an odd element of design :D

Yeah, simple bars are a perfect solution.

It was a lag-o-meter? I can't remember it changing appearance so always assumed it's an odd element of design :D

Yeah, simple bars are a perfect solution.

Unless my memory was wrong or altered, I do believe it was...cause I vaguely remembered mine changing to yellow sometimes (back then of course).

Kindda like those "ping" thingys in fps games.

Green - Very Good Connection
Yellow - Not So Good
Red - Very Bad

MindArk Recruits Technical Director From Ericsson
GOTHENBURG, Sweden, May 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- MindArk, developer and publisher of the largest real money MMO, announced today that it has appointed Klas Moreau, formerly of Ericsson, as its Technical Director. This is a newly created position which will aid the company is keeping its flagship, the Entropia Universe MMO, at the pinnacle of new technologies.

"I am very happy that we have managed to recruit one of Ericsson's top R&D executives. The timing is perfect since Mindark is now ramping up both development and marketing efforts substantially," says Jan Welter Timkrans, Mindark's Chairman of the Board.

Previously Klas Moreau was Head of Business Unit Command, Control and Applications at Ericsson, the Swedish Telecom Giant. He has held several other R&D management positions within Ericsson, managing 150 or more employees. Mr. Moreau has over 15 years of management experience with global multi-national, multi-cultural organizations using technology-based business models.

"I will ensure there is a solid foundation that enables Entropia Universe to grow significantly, both in the number of participants and in their global reach. My goal is for Entropia Universe to double its number of participants by the end of 2013," said Klas Moreau.

"I've been a gamer since the days of the Commodore 64. Now I have the opportunity to combine my gaming interest with my leadership abilities and passion for technology."

Klas' solid understanding of technology, combined with his business acumen makes him a valuable asset to the company and all of its planet partners. Klas Moreau starts work at Mindark in May, 2012. MindArk owns Entropia Universe which has over one million registered accounts and over $400 million USD per year in user-to-user transactions. For more information on MindArk or the Citizenship System please visit
www.entropiauniverse.com.

Most of the lag started after the new TD was hired. The only good thing we saw from him was that once a day lag we had for 15mins as the servers were maintenance then all seem go to hell. When that simple issue went away I had hope..but since then I wish that he would bring the servers back to what they were before he was hired.

As I keep on saying here and there I think this guy moved our servers to virtual servers which in turn slows us all down.. Another sign of this was when MA announced it was getting a new server a year ago or so...that as well kind of backed my suspicion since again they stated 'A' server :) I'm not sure of course but again EU hasn't been the same since this guy took control.

Now don't get my wrong I loved Citrix and fully support it, I just don't think it's a good fit for MMO game services.

Last edited:
Back