New exploit?

Magyar_Republic

Self-requested Deactivation
Society
Whiskey Confederacy
Edward Magyar Republic
Lately I've heard rumors of a next target exploit in PvP.

Now admittedly I dont PvP much. However I got wind of a fellow who has been bragging about waiting at the Orthos rig all day long while playing other games, and how he's been doing this for months just gaming the system and making withdrawals.

I decided I wanted to meet him and make his life difficult. Fair enough.

Of course PvP ensued. Duh. That's not what this thread is about. I spent the better part of an hour there being killed, or killing. Whatever luck would have it. Bullshitted a bit while I was there, too.

What this thread is about is individuals well over 150m outside of range are able to quickly locate and dispose of others who arrive. I came back a few times and the same individual would come from rig to my exact location, and take me out before my screen had a chance to fully render the landscape.

The last location where this occurred was 281m away from the Orthos rig itself (I set a waypoint on arrival to test after I became suspicious). Yet this person was able to immediately spot me and move in.

Is this a new exploit? An old exploit? Am I just retarded, and have not figured out myself how to spot people more than a radar length away?

Thoughts / Questions / Comments

maybe he had you on team target?

dunno, just a thought.

maybe he had you on team target?

dunno, just a thought.

I didnt see a target above my name.

I remember a while back in space it was possible to use somebody's health bar as a way to track them.

Anyway, just curious in this instance. As I said I've heard about this latest cheat, but to be perfectly frank I dont know much about it. Its never been a necessary part of my gaming.

I'm all for a little hide and seek, but something like this just ruins the fun, if it indeed is an issue.

Probably using the nearby list.

Good luck! I see you're on the west coast like I am. I don't know if your issue is related to lag or not, but I quit PVP'ing a long time ago because I couldn't compete with all of the lag. I don't know if was geographic distance to the servers, network latency, pc power, etc. but whatever it is/was it just wasn't worth trying because I would be dead before I could see avatars and then they would pop in and out of some alternative universe when I would get into a gun fight and I would end up running around shooting at ghosts, which was really expensive for what you get in return, and turns out not a lot of fun. But hey, I got dodge and tp skill points! :laugh:

It was extremely laggy. I blamed that on using my HTPC in my living room as opposed to my desktop.

Sadly my gfx card in my desktop gave up the ghost today.

I'm not a PvPer but know of the issue here. They are using Nearby target and then from there pulling your heath bar out or if you are 'invisible' right clicking on name and selecting 'show health bar'

Kind of simple and yes, kind of stupid for MA not to have fixed this. heh

I'm not a PvPer but know of the issue here. They are using Nearby target and then from there pulling your heath bar out or if you are 'invisible' right clicking on name and selecting 'show health bar'

Kind of simple and yes, kind of stupid for MA not to have fixed this. heh

Yep somebody else told me of this just now. That's what happened alright.

While its not an exploit, its also dumbing down PvP. Somebody also explained the next target exploit to me too. Combine these two and... well... lame.

I wont bother with PvP if this is the quality of it. I've got plenty of mob grinding to do.

Thanks everyone for helping clear this up.

I think the nearby list should be disabled in PvP. It takes away from the whole experience.

this is as old as the nearby fl option

this is as old as the nearby fl option

I have not bothered to PvP since the new FL was implemented. Before this my previous PvP experience was limited to knocking off people at Neas who evaded taxes.

I noticed two things this time around that made me doubt PvP in this game.

1) this issue.

2) just like healing other players, swinging my sword at other players was much slower than PvE combat. Basically 10 swings per minute, instead of 40. It made the entire experience far less fluid, and limited the fun factor.

Anyhow, was just curious.

Nothing new, just open nearby list :D

Everybody could do it, so where is the exploit.

Everybody should know that landscape needs to load, when TPing somewhere, so if you TP directly in range <200m to your target, its no surprise he manages to kill you befor your landscape loaded :D

TP a little further away, open nearby list, move to direction you expect your enemy, as soon you got him on nearby list, drag healthbar, equip long range PvP gun, click on healthbar of enemy, voila, thats all the trick :D

PvP in EU is not really PvP, no RL skills needed there.
Just better gear and skills can do the job.

Yes, you nailed it

Aww, qamori, are you trying to rep farm again? That's so cute. *pats your head*

Another fine example of the 'mature' community Entropia Universe offers. Windbag.

Your World of Warcraft account is getting lonely. Better log on. Grab a few new insults while you're there.

Back