Calytrek CR Spirit Mk.II Ten edition

swampymonster

Old Alpha
Society
Gunslingers
Lil Swampy Monster
I am thinking about buying one after the summer - trying to figure out how much I should set aside each month to afford it

Thoughts on fair price?

There is one for sale HERE tier 6.8 for 39k ped

Is there more for sale? is 39k ped a great price?

Thoughts?

Thank you for your time

oh and tiers matter to me

at 39k ped i need to set aside 500 dollars a month from every paycheck to afford this in august

I compared it to my T7 Mod LR53 as I was interested in it as well. The difference is 3.5dps and 11 m in range for the spirit. Slight eco difference but considering you want to use enhancers, it is probably less eco than the LR53 due to rate of fire.

I value my LR53 at half the price being asked for the spirit. Is the difference in range worth 20k? Not to me. I could just slap on a range enhancer and the difference could be neglected.

Edit: Unless I have missed something, that wouldn't be unusual.

Last edited:
Edit: Unless I have missed something, that wouldn't be unusual.

You've missed a lot:

Mod LR 53 / SPirit MK.II TEN

Fire Rate: 39 / 58
Amps: Cheap 1600 PED Dante / 15K PED equivalent laser amp

If those above would be equivalent, Spirit II TEN would be at your gun price or vice versa

You've missed a lot:

Mod LR 53 / SPirit MK.II TEN

Fire Rate: 39 / 58
Amps: Cheap 1600 PED Dante / 15K equivalent laser amp

If those above would be equivalent, Spirit II TEN would be at your gun price or vice versa

Fire rate should be low if you plan to use a lot of enhancers since you want to reduce consumption. Buying a 15k amp for the LR53 is still alot cheaper than MKII and dante.

Fire rate should be low if you plan to use a lot of enhancers since you want to reduce consumption. Buying a 15k amp for the LR53 is still alot cheaper than MKII and dante.

Ok, another one then:

Your gun is not eficient on smaller mobs ( trox, ambus, 1-2K HP mobs) unless you use a finisher, Spirit MK.II is a lot more eficient due to lower overkill.

Most important for me is the fire rate for example, I would get bored with that kinda fire rate and I think someone that is willing to pay more then 20K on some hunting setup really likes hunting and a rapid fire rate adds to the overall good experience of hunting.

If I was the OP, and I I would not have a problem with lvl 50-55 Laser, I would buy Igni L1100E for 16-17K, on AH right now:) range not that important in hunting for me, unless I compare everything with Terminator:)

Ok, another one then:

Your gun is not eficient on smaller mobs ( trox, ambus, 1-2K HP mobs) unless you use a finisher, Spirit MK.II is a lot more eficient due to lower overkill.

Most important for me is the fire rate for example, I would get bored with that kinda fire rate and I think someone that is willing to pay more then 20K on some hunting setup really likes hunting and a rapid fire rate adds to the overall good experience of hunting.

If I was the OP, and I I would not have a problem with lvl 50-55 Laser, I would buy Igni L1100E for 16-17K, on AH right now:) range not that important in hunting for me, unless I compare everything with Terminator:)

I want this for mayhem

great points btw..

i def think overkill is a factor

also .. the dante thing

really i wanna know what ishould pay.. i convicned my wife to let me buy it, need to figure out $$$ issue

idk if enhancers break per usage or if there is another factor. tbh IDC

you can use stim pill and get even more dps. i want fire rate - faster the better

I want this for mayhem

great points btw..

i def think overkill is a factor

also .. the dante thing

really i wanna know what ishould pay.. i convicned my wife to let me buy it, need to figure out $$$ issue

idk if enhancers break per usage or if there is another factor. tbh IDC

you can use stim pill and get even more dps. i want fire rate - faster the better

What's your current levels?

There is a ton of weapons out there, and I bet you could get a ton more firepower for that money. Will be easier to help you find alternatives if we knew your levels.

well i want to compete in catagory 1 ..

my level is not that important because of this. I will be lvl 24.99 when mission starts

then i will be lvl 40 when I am ready to do my rounds.

i cannot forsee myself going past lvl 40 in 3 weeks.

fwiw i am already past lvl 40 now - but i will chip down in november.

I did cat 1 last year and got #14 place.

I would like to redeem myself

i have done my research and i strongly feel like this is the gun I need

i can totally do 120 dps with this gun + arson chip

One of the best gun in game if not the best as far as mid level players are concerned. Love the dps, the eco and the range along with speed.

I have 2 of the best combinations for the mid level

1. Vincent LR37 Tier 8 + Hyper a204 (38k +32k) = 70k
2. Calytrek Mk.II Ten Tier 8 + Dante = 42k+1500 = 43.5k

The positive of Calytrek is of course the combined cost of the amp+gun is much lower when compared to something in laser. The other positive is the speed and the fact that if u really want to go low hp mobs u can remove the dante and it still does not lose much of its eco. Amazing gun really.

However a few things rock things into Vincents favour. One is the relatively low speed that causes less enhancer breakage. I have tested that and it has been more for the calytrek. The other thing is the blp sniper vs laser sniper. I am afraid as it stands now, the next one to upgrade from Calytrek is slugstorm ( which is a shame in the name of rifles with the shitty range the DOA's have) and nothing in between. That is as far as new UL SIBS go and quite frankly thats a huge gap there. Laser on the other hand has m83 and a few others to fill in and u have a better future to look forward to in terms of high end laser rifles like imk2.

Overall, i love both the guns and tend to use vincent+hyper when i am full enhanced and calytrek when i dont need enhancers all the time.

In reference to the fire rate, I think faster is worth more, despite enhancer consumption. Quicker reload means less downtime for healing. You can load your FAP quicker and swap back to shooting. Less downtime is more efficient!

Thank you for the insight divinity and rave.

for me I am not thinking long term just a short term goal

I Def need faster reload. The sTims are not +% damage they are +% reload. That is a huge factor for me since this would be a mayhem Gun for catagory 1

One of the best gun in game if not the best as far as mid level players are concerned. Love the dps, the eco and the range along with speed.

The positive of Calytrek is of course the combined cost of the amp+gun is much lower when compared to something in laser. The other positive is the speed and the fact that if u really want to go low hp mobs u can remove the dante and it still does not lose much of its eco. Amazing gun really.

However a few things rock things into Vincents favour. One is the relatively low speed that causes less enhancer breakage. I have tested that and it has been more for the calytrek. The other thing is the blp sniper vs laser sniper. I am afraid as it stands now, the next one to upgrade from Calytrek is slugstorm ( which is a shame in the name of rifles with the shitty range the DOA's have) and nothing in between. That is as far as new UL SIBS go and quite frankly thats a huge gap there. Laser on the other hand has m83 and a few others to fill in and u have a better future to look forward to in terms of high end laser rifles like imk2.

Overall, i love both the guns and tend to use vincent+hyper when i am full enhanced and calytrek when i dont need enhancers all the time.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Divinity again. Blah de blah.

You failed to mention the bucketful which I believe is between the spirit and the slug...
That said I would not chip down to cat 1... prizes are shitty and if you win you still won't recover esi prices or the 10% skill loss that you will take on... my 2 pec

You failed to mention the bucketful which I believe is between the spirit and the slug...
That said I would not chip down to cat 1... prizes are shitty and if you win you still won't recover esi prices or the 10% skill loss that you will take on... my 2 pec

thank you for the advise, but i really wanna be competitive here :)

btw no one has given me any numbers... whats a great price for this guy?

should i try to save up 4k usd for the peds to buy this in august?

Hey Swampy

I would tax the gun tier zero around 36K Peds today maybe 37k. Most people although paid more for it myself included as they was new and shiny and might have a problem to let it go for this price.

I haven't taken notes on the required mats to tier it up but tier 1 - 3 wasn't notable , tier 4 was like 600 ped and tier 5 like 800 peds. (not laying my hand into fire for this info)! I can only speculate the last 5 Tiers cost over 5k peds. Maybe someone who took notes and tiered it to max can give you exact numbers.

40K peds are a solid base to get a high tiered MKII TEN
Depending on how good you can barter you might end up with tier 8 - tier 10 :)

that's my personal 2 cent, real market prices can differ

If you need this gun only for mayhem you should consider lending one. That's way more easy because his guns don't sell like hot cakes

I have bought this nice gun about 2 months ago.

I payed +39k + my Lacerating Nanochip XI tier 6 unlimited for Spirit Mk.II TEN tier 9.7.

Chip is worth around 7k. So price was +46k.

I am really glad i bought it. During last 2 months i made 6k peds profit just with hunting and i had not much time (and i was wasting the time on taming bunnies too) so it yelds much more potential.

---

Recently i tiered it to tier 10 so you can see tier cost for that level (since i filled the info): <click>
Most weapons have +- linear cost increase in tier so probably:
- tier 9 was ~1450 peds TT cost
- tier 8 was ~1289 peds TT cost
- tier 7 was ~1128 peds TT cost

So gun at tier 6.8 for +39k seems fair ;).

I also keep track of enhancers breaking:
- accuracy ehancers break about every 750 peds cycled (amo + amp + gun decay) per slot - this means that 10 slots filled - one breaks every 75peds.
- damage enhancers break about every 1200 peds cycled per slot.

I use mostly accuracy enhancers so i have more data on those than on dmg enh.

I am writing from another laptop and can't post exact nr of shots vs breaks but if you are interested i can do it later when i will have access to my sheet ;).

Falagor
:bandit:

Dude...

way cheaper idea and way better idea...
buy an emik x5 tier 8+ with mod evil... similar price to the stupide spirit...
you will compete in cat 2 at top of the category, and youll not lose 10% of your skills and wont spend 1050% on esi's

arkon

Bucketful is a downgrade and not upgrade as far as calytrek is concerned. With imp evil it gives 6 more dps but then it gets to the 30m vs 72m range category and at 30m might as well get a pistol then. Be it shared mobs or team hunting or slow high hp creatures, range has a very real advantage especially with such huge difference in range and if not u can go skill melee and get the same dps/eco at less then half the cost of the bucketful as well.

Dude...

way cheaper idea and way better idea...
buy an emik x5 tier 8+ with mod evil... similar price to the stupide spirit...
you will compete in cat 2 at top of the category, and youll not lose 10% of your skills and wont spend 1050% on esi's

arkon

Cheaper?? How?? emik x5 is pretty good but wont come near the same price as calytrek when u include mod evil price. Its very nice for mm cat 2 for sure but not that much so for normal hunting ( my opinion only and u can agree to disagree).

Anyways gl to the OP with the purchase.

Cheaper?? How?? emik x5 is pretty good but wont come near the same price as calytrek when u include mod evil price. Its very nice for mm cat 2 for sure but not that much so for normal hunting ( my opinion only and u can agree to disagree).

I had used both, Spirit t7 and X5 t8 in normal hunting.
While range on Spirit is nice, X5 have far superior speed of killing a mob. Most people who did not tried it on their own do not understand how high dps affects much lower defense costs (FAP and Armor decay).
I have detailed logs and comparing hunts with both guns came in favor of X5.
So unless one hunts 'sissy way' (shooting-running/jumping-shooting-...) X5 is better (equal at worst) option.

X5 shines even more in instance events and on shared mobs events.

As for cat2 MM i think that even with cheap Adjusted Evil on X5 it would be sure top 3.

That said Spirit is very nice weapon as well if one want to skill rifle, surely not an event winner tho.

I had used both, Spirit t7 and X5 t8 in normal hunting.
While range on Spirit is nice, X5 have far superior speed of killing a mob. Most people who did not tried it on their own do not understand how high dps affects much lower defense costs (FAP and Armor decay).
I have detailed logs and comparing hunts with both guns came in favor of X5.
So unless one hunts 'sissy way' (shooting-running/jumping-shooting-...) X5 is better (equal at worst) option.

X5 shines even more in instance events and on shared mobs events.

As for cat2 MM i think that even with cheap Adjusted Evil on X5 it would be sure top 3.

That said Spirit is very nice weapon as well if one want to skill rifle, surely not an event winner tho.

Firstly, without mod evil x5 will not place top 3 in mm, and even with mod evil now x5 will have tough competition from t9-t10 mod merc+hyper and the usual hl18sga. Eventually it depends really on who is participating and his/her budget and what extra's he/she owns. The scopes/armor/faps and technique carry a lot of weight in mayhems along with connection speeds and gun alone is not the deciding factor.

Secondly, besides you I have known at least 6-7 x5 users and none had anything good to say about it. I have done a 50k peds run using the gun and my own tt returns were dismal to say the least. ( However 50k is a small sample but this was on mid level mobs and none of it was on shared mobs).

Thirdly, as for shared mobs, it depends on the mob. Be it the bots ( those bubble bombs) or the warlocks ( speed), anything of the sort becomes a pain in a shared spawn especially with lag and many people around. I would anytime prefer a rifle to a pistol there and I have used plenty of both on them to know the inconvenience they cause in shared events.

The problem for me with Spirit Ten is the rate of enhancer burn and for that reason alone i prefer to go with vincent Ten whenever i want to use dmg enhancers. In that way i feel vincent +hyper a204 is better, however at a much higher ownership cost. Not many people would be able to put a 35k peds amp on a 35k peds gun. :)

Coming back to x5, the issue with it for me is that it requires high hp/high regen mobs to get the most out of. In those cases u can offset defense costs in favour of the eco of the gun. ( Some people believe armor costs etc are returned in loot but that's not me). However it is a lot of fun to have the gun as it enables you to take down mobs quicker and as such hunt at a level which you cannot without it. The fun comes at a cost ( that is having to hunt at times above our level) but then thats what a game is about :).

Lastly, for anyone aspiring to participate and win in cat 3 mm, this gun is pretty much a necessity as the other options (mm t9-10, hl18sga) are way out of budget when compared to the x5. For that matter, most events (non shared) that MA has would give an advantage to x5 over any other mid level gun because of the sheer dps. I would still not grind with it but that is just my opinion and everyone is entitled to one i presume. :)

PS :

I presume u meant cat 3 :)

Back