Immigration Official?

Mega

Chaotic Good
Society
Kaos
MegaVolt
I never thought I'd ever have to ask in 'Noobs Corner' but my excuse is I'm asking on behalf of another. :D

I've been flying about various locations for the 'Creatures' project and there was a new player "Red Kali Wulf" who couldnt find the Immigration Official when I was near Port Atlantis.

A simple matter, I thought, I'd point him in the right direction and be on my way. How wrong I was! After travelling all around PA, going up both towers and checking just about every orange dot on the radar I couldn't find him either!

EntropiaWiki sadly doesn't help me:

http://planetcalypso.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=MissionBroker&id=33

I'm at a loss and its past my bedtime at 1:30am, so if you can help, please add him to your friend list and / or post here to help a new player out.

Remember some of the new players today = Your Soc mates / Ubers in years to come ;)

Isn't he the guy that stands right in front of the pier with the Gateway TP?

I think he's gone, and there is a new one at cape corinth, meeting him is the end of the new half moon cove mission chain.

I think he's gone, and there is a new one at cape corinth, meeting him is the end of the new half moon cove mission chain.

Im the one this post was created about. Mega did a great job helping me out. I feel like something is wrong though. I was following the guide from www.entropiaplanets.com for the mission Arrival at Port Atlantis.

It leads you on to the entry mission chain for PA and without this NPC i cant begin the entry level hunting and minging quests here Or even speak to several quest broker NPCs that are part of that mission.

I followed the coords listed in the guide, 61376, 75016, 102 But there is no one there. Nearby there is an orange dot on the radar that appears like the NPCs but nothing is there leading me to beleive there is a major bug of some kind. I feel lost as i was never directed to leave PA and all i acomplished there was learning how to use the terminals. I appreciate the time put in by Mega and any others on here that might be of help.

The Immigration Official seems to have been replaced by the Teleporter Technician.

There's one beside the TP at PA, with a new mission which gives TPs for Cape Corinth, HalfMoon Cove, New Oxford & the Archipelago. I added it to Entropedia the other day after I heard about it.
(And thanks again to CA Saguaro and CA Hazel for giving me a headsup about it!)

Last edited:
Thanks for your responses, I did spot Wulf reading the forum, I hope it helped him complete his mission.

(Feel free to do your first post Wulf :) )

Thanks for your responses, I did spot Wulf reading the forum, I hope it helped him complete his mission.

(Feel free to do your first post Wulf :) )

He has (see above).. it was just on hold in the mod queue :)

He has (see above).. it was just on hold in the mod queue :)

:ahh:

Oops! So he did! Welcome Wulf, and thanks for the warm words.

I wonder if any MA dev's reading this can see if theres a problem with the new arrival mission?

I went to the Calypso Gateway whilst in Port Atlantis to check out the Fauna there and also to look for that official, without finding him.

Mega, the Immigration Official NPC no longer exists. Its function in unlocking the other TP's has been replaced by the Teleporter Technician. While it also referred new players to missions on other NPCs, as I recall they could access those direct from the other NPC without ever interacting with the Immigration Official NPC.

You may recall it was originally introduced when new players arrived from the Gateway island directly onto the PA wharf area, during the time that SDS was purchasing Calypso.
Since then, the whole new player experience via Thule has been substantially redesigned by the Calypso devs, with new players arriving at Camp Icarus.
The only real remaining use was to unlock the TPs on Amethera.

And I've 'rescued' so many new players trying to island-hop over to Amethera, who didn't know that the Immigration Official NPC was in PA and would unlock TPs there, that frankly I'm not unhappy to see that old NPC go.

The new Teleporter Technician is right beside the PA teleporter, and should be hard to miss.
I think there are others similar ones also at HalfMoon & Corinth, although I've not gone there personally to check the location.

The new Teleporter Technician is right beside the PA teleporter, and should be hard to miss.
I think there are others similar ones also at HalfMoon & Corinth, although I've not gone there personally to check the location.

Well as the above screenshot shows, I hadn't completed that mission either, it had obviously been changed since I did the beginner missions a few years ago.

Coordinates 61420, 75213, 143 for any new players stumbling upon this thread in years to come. :)

I am in the process of gathering the information I need to update my tp running guide.

Yesterday I talked to Adviser Oak about these changes and he told me that the new players usually arrive at Camp Icarus. They can unlock new tps by talking to the Technician NPC standing right beside Port Atlantis tp.

They get the the following tps: New Oxford, Cape Corinth, Half Moon Cove and Atlantis Archipelago.

tp_info.jpg

If there is a problem with the Icarus server, they arrive at Cape Corinth and can talk to the Technician NPC at Cape Corinth tp.

At the moment I do not know what tps they can unlock from there (e. g. do they get PA tp or Icarus tp if they start at Corinth). As soon as I get the information, I am going to update this section in my guide.

Last edited:
Right on. Thanks for all the info. I'll be moving on to half moon bay then.

So I feel things are broken at the moment. I went to half moon and all the NPCs say is have a good day or some nonsense. I can't pick up any more quests and am stuck at my progress before the story of new port Atlantis mission. I would love to enjoy this game but it appears I'm experiencing a game breaking bug.

Wulf is still having difficulties with the

Arrival at Port Atlantis

mission.

Can someone who has done this mission recently give some specific advice or meet him in game?

Not sure how I can put it more plainly Mega, but that mission no longer exists. (Now that the NPC has gone, it should probably be removed from Entropedia to save confusion)

Players now arrive at PA, after arrival at Icarus and a mission that direct them from there to Nus Lull, and then they go on to PA. In PA they meet an NPC just inside the entrance at the north-eastern gate. I don't recall his name, and I can't log in right now to check. I'm not sure if the mission has been added to Entropedia either.

And I cant be more plain in saying "Can someone contact him in-game and help him?"

Rather than debate with me FFS.

And I cant be more plain in saying "Can someone contact him in-game and help him?"

Rather than debate with me FFS.

Wulf's posting here, so I assume he can read what I posted above too.
As you may not be the only person who's not aware of the recent changes to the PA NPCs, nor Wulf the only new player trying to follow missions from a wiki site, I've posted the information above to help as many as possible.

He's more than welcome to add me ingame, and if he can't catch me in the 20-30min I'm able to spend ingame each day this week, I'll respond to any offline chat message he sends as soon as possible.

Or he could just ask one of the Calypso Advisers in their channel (#calypsoadviser).

Or just ask in Rookie chat - some very helpful players there.

Sorry Wulf, I think thats the best you're going to get. :(

The community used to be better a few years back, looks like Mentors are thin on the ground these days.

I know you've already tried the rookiechat so I'd suggest you open a Support Case:

Right click then Support Center
Category: In-world (game play)
Subcategory: Bug report
Description: Give a clear explanation of the problem and see what reply you get from support. It's their job and they are the experts.

I wouldn't bother contacting Serica for her 20 minutes of help as she is in a different time zone to you.

And with that...

lolcat___im_out_ov_her.jpg

Last edited:
Back