Question: E.L.M. edition weapons

sirchadwick

Provider
Society
Benevolence
Sylva Kyra Minor
Are these weapons worth collecting. What I mean is do they last with only 1ped of TT value.:scratch2:

Do they last as long as the "normal" value weapon? - sorry for hijacking your thread.

Do they last as long as the "normal" value weapon? - sorry for hijacking your thread.

No problem. That is the answer I'm looking for. Thanks.

ELM and CDF weapons, even with the 1 PED TT, last as long as their normal (L) counterparts in my experience. The difference, I believe, is the ammo consumption. I could be wrong on the ammo part, but I always buy CDF weapons from the Daily vendor and they last for several thousand PED worth of ammo. :D

Most stats are close to their non ELM counterparts, some alter damage for more decay but very minimal differences.

I use them a lot because people dump them for so cheap and they are just as good IMHO as the non ELM counterparts, I can live with the slight variations, especially for the extremely discounted pricing sometimes given to ELM and other 1 PED event guns, I go on a shopping spree and buy stockpiles.

Check stats on entropiawiki.com some of the guns have max shots statistics supplied.

Where is the daily vendor?

Where is the daily vendor?

If you mean the one to buy the CDF guns then there are 2 that I know of..

one on the balcony at Twin Peaks and other one is inside at Cape Corinth. You need Daily Mission Tokens to buy those guns tho and they are untradeable just like the tokens.

For the OP. I use a lot of these ELM and CDF guns also and I have noticed that there is slightly more ammo burn than the normal versions but with the "exceptional" durability given you should get as much if not even a few more shots out of these. Overall the increased ammo burn was set to help offset the actual decay of the gun keeping the overall DPP close to the same.

Love these guns! Use them when ever I can! :yup:

Sadly they overpriced - always. I would rather buy a normal version for 135% than paying tt+100+ peds for the 1 ped special version gun.

After decay and ammo consumption I dealt a close to equal amount of damage but for one gun I paid +40 MU and the other +100 or even more MU. People tend to see oh cool 1 ped but forget they pay the difference in decay with increased ammo consumption.

Sadly they overpriced - always. I would rather buy a normal version for 135% than paying tt+100+ peds for the 1 ped special version gun.

After decay and ammo consumption I dealt a close to equal amount of damage but for one gun I paid +40 MU and the other +100 or even more MU. People tend to see oh cool 1 ped but forget they pay the difference in decay with increased ammo consumption.

they are only a good value during migration when they are dropping. Zero-three (ELM) at 30peds is great. at 50peds, not so much.

Use tokens for CDF then, MUCH cheaper :D

As stated, they offset high tt for greater ammo consuption. It evens out in the end, and whether they're good value or not all depends on what price you pay.

The CDF guns that you buy with daily tokens have another bonus, many of them require lower skills to use. The few I've shot had a REC 5 levels lower than standard or ELM guns, this can be a great advantage in events that restrict your level such as merry mayhem.

Not always I have bought tons of guns way under priced. You just have to be lucky enough to be at the AH when the deals are there, other people like me buy entire stockpiles up when they are placed in there within minutes. Bought around 40 guns once for 5-8 ped each +4 to +7 ped per gun that should have been sold closer to +30 ped each for example. I am still using these guns from that stockpile today.

The dumping of these guns usually happen 3/4 through the events when everyone has crap loads of the elm guns and no-one wants to buy them and they are just trying to dump them for whatever they can. Keep your eyes open for those deals, set yourself up for hunting 5+ months down the road.

Not always I have bought tons of guns way under priced. You just have to be lucky enough to be at the AH when the deals are there, other people like me buy entire stockpiles up when they are placed in there within minutes. Bought around 40 guns once for 5-8 ped each +4 to +7 ped per gun that should have been sold closer to +30 ped each for example. I am still using these guns from that stockpile today.

The dumping of these guns usually happen 3/4 through the events when everyone has crap loads of the elm guns and no-one wants to buy them and they are just trying to dump them for whatever they can. Keep your eyes open for those deals, set yourself up for hunting 5+ months down the road.

Kind of sucks when you're hanging on to the ELM guns hoping the price will increase and then MA has a "server stress test".

I wouldn't regard E.L.M and CDF versions something special or to collect!? They are a low TT alternative to the original where decay is substituted for ammo consumption.

I believe their primary purpose is to provide people with item loots on special event mobs, while not stealing the share of the loot from other participants. They are good for that, but we shouldn't be paying more for them over the none suffixed version.

As stated, they offset high tt for greater ammo consuption. It evens out in the end, and whether they're good value or not all depends on what price you pay.
It should be pointed out that the compensation works out at their 1 ped tt value. Auction markups for the ELM editions of like 1000% or more are often a trap. Not always, but you don't see that easily unless you know everything there is to know about an item. Make sure of that before you buy.

Back