PC: The Terminator

Society
Apocalyptic
Whining Skeptic Aboard
With the terminator for sale the discussion is inevitable, but rather than cluttering the sales thread, I figured I'd start this one.

As of right now the known highest bid would be the one from Pioter (assuming he was serious) which involved a T7 imk 2 and 145 CLD, roughly 325,000. PED worth or so (feel free to question).

From my understanding the earlier exchange was made against 400,000 ped (confirm?) at a lower tier.

Other factors would be the fact that the new cdf weapons, two dropped in the last few months, will be able to match it damage wise (-2 dps) when tiered to T10. However, this will take quite a bit of time.

The terminator still has the edge in terms of range and SIB.

Thoughts?

Not wishing to cause offence to anyone concerned, but, I would not pay more than 240K for it. I could go more, but I just don't feel that it is worth more than that.

In my estimation, I'm accounting for its great economy and the unique notoriety factor.

More and more CDF weapons will drop in future events, and other planets will also chip in. (ark provided the blp mod merc clone already)
Undeniably, someone who owns this weapon and has a lot of free time on their hands, will win a lot of events and possibly a few of those new CDF weapons, but sell them and they become future competitors.
The main question for a potential buyer is: Will this gun remain the king? . It is in Mindark's interest to make sure it is not the king, but have many kings. This will also mean mod merc and other old school kings will drop in value fast.

Its ability to win top prizes, means pay back will be quick.

This is going to be one expensive weapon.

Rgds

Ace

It won't be sold under 500-600K peds.

Easy answer: no one would sell hen that lays golden eggs... unless they knew gold would become worthless very soon, because the neighbours golden hen is getting stronger (new cdf weapons being tiered to match the dps)..

Those who say event prizes will pay for the price very fast... dont forget that it would take a lot of events to be won to make the money back and also that if event prizes stay the same, then value of those prizes is also dropping (more and more mayhem faps etc) making it even harder.

Taking that all into consideration and current offer which is made on it... i would think 300k pure peds would be fair price for it. (as the best offer included a gun, which also is due to price drop).

Me myself? i wouldnt even pay 200k. as the recent past has shown, no item stays unmatched forever.

It all comes down to whether you think MA will decide to release something with more DPS.

as the recent past has shown, no item stays unmatched forever.
Exactly. Some items like Term and Mod Fap have remained untouched through this period of old items becoming obsolete, but will that stay true forever? That is the question.

It won't be sold under 500-600K peds.

Soon there will be 2 competitors which only takes like a year in good hands to get to t10, doubt anyone willing to pay 600k (unless its group of ppl)

Soon there will be 2 competitors which only takes like a year in good hands to get to t10, doubt anyone willing to pay 600k (unless its group of ppl)

What makes the new weapons extra interesting is the fact that during easter the 1000 was third prize. Makes me wonder how many there actually will be? 5, 10, 25?

Last edited:
I'm won't buy as i am sure do not have the funds for it, but how much would be considered as a serious bid for this beauty ?

What makes the new weapons extra interesting is the fact that during easter the 1000 was third prize. Makes me wonder how many there actually will be? 5, 10, 25?

and prehaps this is the reason it may be getting sold, sell now for 600-800k or in 2 years for maybe 600-880k or 100-300k. risks of investments

Last edited:
and prehaps this is the reason it may be getting sold, sell now for 600-800k or in a year for maybe 600-880k or 100-300k

Lets not forget even if competitor weapons aproach for the highest stage in mayhem's the terminator qualifies unparalelled on most lower stages and there is pretty decent prizes to be won in them as well.

I agree that there are weapons upcomming closer to the power of the terminator and this might be a reason for the current sale but the Terminator is still and will remain a 'one-of-a-kind weapon' in a universe were 666.666 peds have been payed for an 'egg' before ;)

Collector items can anytime exceed logical price arguments by a multiple.

and prehaps this is the reason it may be getting sold, sell now for 600-800k or in 2 years for maybe 600-880k or 100-300k. risks of investments

I'm guessing that's the main reason BUT the terminator will still hold top dps for at least a year to come, unless even bigger guns are coming.

However, the terminator still has the low sib and could dominate cat one through three in MM if current format stays. It would also be the top dps in cat 4 and 5 even when the 1ks are tiered up, just with a lesser margin.

Then there is everyday use; I haven't checked all the possibilities for the new rifles but believe there are more uses for the terminator, as described by Stryker in the sales thread.

I'm won't buy as i am sure do not have the funds for it, but how much would be considered as a serious bid for this beauty ?

I think they will not sell below 500k peds offers.

Lets not forget even if competitor weapons aproach for the highest stage in mayhem's the terminator qualifies unparalelled on most lower stages and there is pretty decent prizes to be won in them as well.

I agree that there are weapons upcomming closer to the power of the terminator and this might be a reason for the current sale but the Terminator is still and will remain a 'one-of-a-kind weapon' in a universe were 666.666 peds have been payed for an 'egg' before ;)

Collector items can anytime exceed logical price arguments by a multiple.

true, i doubt it would drop anywhere near 1-300k was just a exaggerated drop, and if it takes 1-2 years for a competitior to rival then yeah your right regarding the prizes you can win and the money from loaning the rifle. we'll see how it goes

Piotr´s offer is a nice one, and does hit the value of the gun.

Maybe someone willing to pay the 400k, but don´t think it will go higher than that.

If I would be rich and could afford it, I surely won´t pay more than 350k.

Even with big bankroll and many events that can be won with that gun, it will take a while to recover that amount of PED.

As others already said, EU is progressing, and the PP sooner or later will give us weapons that will beat the Terminator.

Although its justifiable to pay 350-400k at actual state of EU, the value of the gun will go down over time.

/conspiracymode on

no coz the gun will be nerfed as soon as it will be in other hands than "chosens" ones :D

/conspiracymode off

Well the gun was collecting dust more or less before Moe bought it. It became the event winner first after he started lending it out.

You had the chance to buy it before, now you have the chance again, stop whining.

$50,000 :eyecrazy: I could buy a Buy-to-let property for that! :eyecrazy:

Last edited:
Piotr´s offer is a nice one, and does hit the value of the gun.

Maybe someone willing to pay the 400k, but don´t think it will go higher than that.

If I would be rich and could afford it, I surely won´t pay more than 350k.

Even with big bankroll and many events that can be won with that gun, it will take a while to recover that amount of PED.

As others already said, EU is progressing, and the PP sooner or later will give us weapons that will beat the Terminator.

Although its justifiable to pay 350-400k at actual state of EU, the value of the gun will go down over time.

In terms of ROI, we cant know how much the gun can win in events, before competition gets harder.

T10 1000 v T10 Term, all damage enhancers, biggest amp, enhancer cost not included:

One problem with this though; What if it costs 500k to tier the damn thing? Nothing would surprise me ;)

If I am not mistaken the first few tiers have been done already. Perhaps someone knows how much it costed?

T10 1000 v T10 Term, all damage enhancers, biggest amp, enhancer cost not included:

Stryker knows 100% what he is doing. The Terminator is on its way out ... With this gun being introduced it is only a matter of time until the next gun truly outdamages the Terminator and quite rightly. The game needs to evolve and MA is finally doing that ... Stryker has reaped many many benefits with this gun and if he now finds an idiot paying shitloads for the guns, kudos to him ... In the light of my quote I would value the terminator just above a tier 10 mm ... tops 200k ped ... Give it another few months and we will have at least 5x guns in that damage range making competition extremely hard to win, even when you are an exceptional player like Stryker

just my 2 cents

Stryker knows 100% what he is doing. The Terminator is on its way out ... With this gun being introduced it is only a matter of time until the next gun truly outdamages the Terminator and quite rightly. The game needs to evolve and MA is finally doing that ... Stryker has reaped many many benefits with this gun and if he now finds an idiot paying shitloads for the guns, kudos to him ... In the light of my quote I would value the terminator just above a tier 10 mm ... tops 200k ped ... Give it another few months and we will have at least 5x guns in that damage range making competition extremely hard to win, even when you are an exceptional player like Stryker

just my 2 cents

Might be hard in cat5 in some years... but cat 3 and 4 is still easy wins.

I was looking through sales threads earlier and I noticed modified ML-35 is being sold with a buyout of 35k now.

I haven't really kept up with all the news guns hitting the market, but about a year or so ago I remember (m)ml-35 being worth twice that amount.

From that alone I can deduce that a lot of new powerful guns have hit the market. If an old-school uber gun like mod ml35 (there's only 3 or 4 total in game iirc) can be brought down to such a low price, you better believe the same thing will happen to the Terminator sooner or later.

Only the buyer can know if it's worth the purchase. He has to ask himself a few questions.

How many tournaments will I win with this gun? How much estimated PED will I make back and how soon?

At the current rate of expansion, how soon will it be before new weapons overshadow the Terminator?

The best he can hope for are rough estimations. This is a brave investment but not necessarily an unwise one.

Only one thing can be said for sure. This is without a doubt a great time to sell this gun.

I would pay 350,000 for the termi.

Why? because it is sick.

If I had £10,000,000 in assets and owned a nice house and car, then had another £2,500,000. in the bank

If I had £10,000,000 in assets and owned a nice house and car, then had another £2,500,000. in the bank

For that MA might give you the v.Marco :). Or you could simply buy them and create yourself a Death Star.

Back