Iron Mission increased spawns

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
calypso_map_iron-missions_x930.jpg

Reports from around Planet Calypso tells of unusual and rapidly increasing populations of creatures normally controlled by colonists enrolling in various Iron Missions.

The CDF wishes to alert all colonists on Calypso that have signed up for the Iron missions involving the Atrox, Kerberos and Berycled creatures that their help in controlling the population of said species now is more needed than ever.

The CDF acknowledges that the current situation with increased numbers of these creatures will make a formidable opportunity for Iron Mission hunters to complete said missions and receive the mission awards.

The Atrox, Kerberos and Berycleds have been reported on locations as marked on the attached map. Please note that only the non-shared loot creatures count towards the Iron challenge missions.

Colonists who have not yet signed up for said Iron Missions can do so by accessing mission terminals in various locations on Calypso, e.g. in Cape Corinth, Fort Ithaca, Fort Pandora and Twin Peaks.

Thanks for joining up in the Iron missions and Good hunting!

Originally Posted Here

Is atrox really rare?

I like the idea of having (presumably temporary) extra spawns of mission mobs, but all three of these are already in plentiful supply, so I'm not sure why you'd choose them.

Give me Hiryuu and Legionaire and I'll hunt them till I'm finished.

Kerberos are definitely problematic at busy times.

Bery's, last time I was there, there's a place south of all of the Legionnaire's where the Bery's exist in great number, so I don't see them being a problem, and Atrox, hmm, well, Ithaca isn't that dense, all other places are LA location's, so maybe there is a problem with people not wanted to pay taxes on those?

Kerberos are definitely problematic at busy times.

Bery's, last time I was there, there's a place south of all of the Legionnaire's where the Bery's exist in great number, so I don't see them being a problem, and Atrox, hmm, well, Ithaca isn't that dense, all other places are LA location's, so maybe there is a problem with people not wanted to pay taxes on those?

I can think of at least 6 perfectly good tax-free locations for Atrox. Of the three Kerberos is the most useful I guess, but I haven't found Boreas too busy since the first couple of weeks after the mission was launched (haven't been there much though).

We need spawns of Hiryuu and Armax...:wise:

Please note that only the non-shared loot creatures count towards the Iron challenge missions.

So you've done this to increase the spawns for missions and then put in shared loot spawns which don't count :scratch2:

I'll be checking out the Atrox spawn in the hope it's been aimed at those of us trying to do the Silver Mission but then as you've said Iron Missions I'm guessing not.

And what about the daily missions`?

Repesilex anywhere ?

So you've done this to increase the spawns for missions and then put in shared loot spawns which don't count :scratch2:

I'll be checking out the Atrox spawn in the hope it's been aimed at those of us trying to do the Silver Mission but then as you've said Iron Missions I'm guessing not.

The Atrox spawn at Ashi is perfect for Silver. Guardian and Dominant to the east, bigger ones as you go further south, plenty of mobs. The Bery & Kerb spawns seem underwhelming.

Shared loot mobs have always counted for missions in the past so I think that part is probably wrong (though points only go to the one who does the most damage of course).

What about the shared legionnaires at fort Troy or the spawn north east of hasherdime crater? (Excuse my spelling)

Troy is OK if you want to kill 3 different kinds of mob and have tons of aggro. I don't. Hadesheim is also mixed and so thin it's unbearable. It used to be good there but they changed it for some reason.

On the positive, it is good to see MA increase mob spawn to allow players to complete Iron missions quicker. They did something similar prior to the mission reward changes in 2013 (?)

I find the 3 choices (as others have said), curious. I've never found any shortage of the three listed.

Maybe more of this will follow in weeks to come? More choices and increased spawns are to be welcomed in any case! :)

Are these being added because MA plans to remove the missions for these mobs?:scratch2:

Very nice! Thank you! Bertha Bot, but we need more good spawns of other mobs too! Then people can hunt and skill faster, do mission faster!

Kerb spawn sucks atm for serious hunters
Bery spawn on ola is mixed with shinkiba and the other spawn is all hilly at sharpclaw ridge

I'll take new hopefully better spawns

I got jumped by 2 prowler and an old alpha berycled west of Camp Phoenix on the road. I didn't last long enough to see what else was there needless to say.

Kerb spawn sucks atm for serious hunters
Bery spawn on ola is mixed with shinkiba and the other spawn is all hilly at sharpclaw ridge

I'll take new hopefully better spawns

Agree that spawns isnt best because they are mixed. Didnt try berycled, but kerberos are from mature to stalker. Mature got 170 hp and hit up to 10 or so if you naked, while stalker got ~1500 hp and hit up to 60 in shadow+5b. People who want to kill mature/old and so - wont be able to kill stalkers and people who want to kill stalkers - hate small like mature and old... So making few different maturity spawns would be a lot better!

Is atrox really rare?

how dare you question MA, if you do not agree with or like this even, wait a hour there will be a new one, and then another...

Quantity over Quality

Is atrox really rare?

Depends on what you looking for. Good spawn of high maturity of atrox? Was none. People had no place for silver missions.

Agree that spawns isnt best because they are mixed. Didnt try berycled, but kerberos are from mature to stalker. Mature got 170 hp and hit up to 10 or so if you naked, while stalker got ~1500 hp and hit up to 60 in shadow+5b. People who want to kill mature/old and so - wont be able to kill stalkers and people who want to kill stalkers - hate small like mature and old... So making few different maturity spawns would be a lot better!

Truth. The difference between kerb prowler and stalker is night and day. If you try to gear up to hunt stalkers, anything smaller than prowler is completely overkill and overarmored.

I wouldn't mind an entire spawn of prowlers, though.

somehow i wonder why we get stuff noone asked for so often, while having to wait years for things almost everyone wants :scratch2: :confused:

somehow i wonder why we get stuff noone asked for so often, while having to wait years for things almost everyone wants :scratch2: :confused:

Missing spawns for mobs people want to hunt is annoying. So actually people ask for it. And adding spawns does not require much effort and can improve the game quality for a hunter a lot.

Just my 2 PEC

BR

Depends on what you looking for. Good spawn of high maturity of atrox? Was none. People had no place for silver missions.
I am currently doing the atrox silver mission, but not in a hurry to finish it.
In the past three weeks I have done 8k points of the 60k, but I go slow on this one.
Don't expect to finish this one this year. :D

I know of at least two decent spawns which have atrox only.

One is south east of Fort Ithaca, east of the big bulk.
This spawn mostly has atrox from guardian up to stalker.
Plenty of old alpha's and prowlers only stalkers are more rare, but I avoid them anyway.

Second spawn is east of Jurra Plateau, one level II teleport.
There you find a decent spawn same as south east of Fort Ithaca.
Benefit there is that there is a service station in the middle of the spawn.

However for both spawns can be filled with lower atrox.

I think the problem is not the spawns themselves, but the respawn setting Mindark is using.
Hunters at Boreas will have noticed that the respawns of kerberos seem to come in waves.
The times between those respawns at times go up to hours.

To the OP,
it would be smart of you to 'NOT' put in new creatures for about the next two years.
I believe there are plenty of creatures that are hardly hunted, change and relocate them if needed.

And by all means, work on those damn hit boxes. Too many creatures have become a 'pain in the behind' to hunt them. Sample, currently I do the Allophyl and Estophyl mission.

And I am getting very tired of having to reset my camera angels after each kill, because their hit boxes are somewhere up there on CP. Not to mention with many creatures it is now hard to target them manually from a decent distance. Same goes for dragging the hit boxes out of your next intended target.

Also it would be nice if you let the bigger creatures hit on the player a few more meters away from them.
I have had it plenty of times that bigger creatures, like maffoid, run in between me and the one I am shooting at. Triggering a waltz between my avatar and the current hunted target. Not to mention the shots that go into other creatures that are hitting the avatar.

I understand you need quantity, but we all know people toss away cheap stuff that doesn't work.
Quality still makes more money in the long run.

Just my 2 ehm maybe 4 pecs.

Last edited:
Back