You and Your Pet Screenshot Contest

many good entries , but i think jim has best chance to win

pet2_small.jpg

View image in gallery

Your file(s) have been successfully uploaded and will appear as soon as a moderator has had time to review and approve them.

Last edited:
posted on the FB page:

You and Your Pet screenshot contest - waiting for the jury..
We're excited to have received so many talented, fun and exciting contributions to the "You and Your Pet" screenshot competition that ended last week!
The Jury has had a hard but very fun work looking through all the images but are now getting closer to sort out the winners of the 4 rare pets that will be handed out as prizes. We expect a final verdict on Thursday May 7. The winners will be announced on www.entropiauniverse.com and here on Facebook so keep an eye on this page for some very nice user contributed Pet and Avatar images coming later this week ;)

It's been announced! :yay:
( I have not been refreshing the FB page all afternoon I swear :ahh:)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Entropia-Universe/474792985904356?fref=ts

"You and your pet screenshot contest awards!

The "You and your pet screenshot contest" has received many exciting contributions from places all over Entropia Universe and we would like to start with sending a big Thank You to all participants for their individual contributions.

The job of the jury was to single out 4 images based on creativity and overall aesthetics and we are glad that we have found 4 contributions that not only matches these criteria but also shows the diversity of Entropia Universe with very different avatar styles and from four distinct locations.

Here are the winners in place 1-4:

1:st place goes to avatar Magnus Svarog Henriksen for his exotic screenshot from the Corinth area in the northwest part of Eudoria. The image manages to capture the close affection between the avatar and his ancient Exarosaur pet on a sunset beach in a way that simply made our jaws drop.

2:nd place is awarded to avatar Roslyn Kaz Farstar for the lava-hot picture of her flame throwing Chirin Dragon pet and a spectacularly well timed sci-fi fashionista-look swordplay pose.

3:rd place takes us to a jungle setting where avatar Alaina Bonnie Knight at first might see a bit out of place in her not so khaki colored and outback-fitted clothing. The image composition with a dancing Eudorian Devil pet and high contrasts in color still manages to capture the feeling that your Avatar can be anything you want inside Entropia and that your pet of choice really can enhance that experience.

From exotic to lava-hot and jungle settings, 4:th place takes us to the rocky mountains of Thule where avatar SpikE SpikE Odets is playing with his Corinthian Kanin in the snow on a mountain peak as the sun paints the landscape in a spectacularly warm and welcoming color scheme. The extra rabbit ears also gives this image a subtle and yet playful tone.

We wish all the winners the very best and hope that you will have much fun with your new rare pets.

As we have received many more talented, fun and exciting contributions that is worthy of notice 6 additional runner-up prizes in the form of Pet name-tags will be awarded. The avatars that will receive these honorary Pet name-tags are:

Una Griph Alconbury
True slimpek Hunter
Ea Aia Nou
Lola Ulpuana Lola
David Hoek Liode
Milton Osga Hastings

The contributions from these 6 avatars will be presented here on Facebook and on www.enropiauniverse.com in the coming weeks.

Have fun in Entropia and don't forget to play with your pet "

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...968_945461108837539_1776107286695816465_o.jpg

Last edited:
This was the first competition in the 8 year I have been in game I felt I had a chance to place in. I told everyone that mentioned in game about the picture that if I couldn't win 1st I wanted 4th. As someone that feels out of place without my bunny ears on (even decide which armor to wear if I can have ears or not).. i am so glad I got the ruby bunny.

Thnx MA for a fun competition.

SpikE

Gz to winners. There are some really nice images that i can't believe you got from EU!

My entry didn't really live up to my intentions for it but i think the main thing i learned from looking through these is that outdoor scenes look a lot better in the game engine than indoor areas. I also had a handicap of a maximum screen resolution that was the minimum allowed so i couldn't crop...

attachment.php

Last edited:
This was the first competition in the 8 year I have been in game I felt I had a chance to place in. I told everyone that mentioned in game about the picture that if I couldn't win 1st I wanted 4th. As someone that feels out of place without my bunny ears on (even decide which armor to wear if I can have ears or not).. i am so glad I got the ruby bunny.

Thnx MA for a fun competition.

SpikE

Gz!

It was a really fun competition, I am so happy to win a Devil! Like you at the start I had been hoping for particular pet and so happy that I had been placed and got the one I was hoping for! :yay::D

I love that they chose images from all sorts of different terrain and styles, really shows off the universe well :)

Thanks MA & the judges! :cool::yay::cool:

Gz!

It was a really fun competition, I am so happy to win a Devil! Like you at the start I had been hoping for particular pet and so happy that I had been placed and got the one I was hoping for! :yay::D

I love that they chose images from all sorts of different terrain and styles, really shows off the universe well :)

Thanks MA & the judges! :cool::yay::cool:

Didn't really notice.. till now.. but we all won ruby version of our pets. Since there is no ruby Exa - he got the Hogglo :yay:

And I do need to give a huge thnx to my ex disciple Gisela Stardust Dawes for her help with the photo.. as my laptop wont play with high res graphics she was nice enough to take the picture for me.. And to Anta for putting the warm glow on the picture in photoshop.

Last edited:
Gratz to the winners!

I thought about having a go, then realized, i am probably the least artistic here....

Rgds

Ace

Gratz to the winners!

I thought about having a go, then realized, i am probably the least artistic here....

Rgds

Ace

Seems I failed to be that too :) oh and not realising the hide hud stuff was actually still around :/ lol.

Oh, well, there's always next time.

Grats to the winners! After seeing some amazing pics in the thread I didn't expect to be among them.

oh and not realising the hide hud stuff was actually still around :/ lol.

No way to hide the pet UI though :( I had to paint mine out (bottom left corner), didn't want to crop.

No way to hide the pet UI though :( I had to paint mine out (bottom left corner), didn't want to crop.

That's what I did with most of mine, but where the main HUD stuff resides was too much to clone brush well.

Big gratz to the winners. there are some great entrys!!

Doh, first among the runners-up. Facepalm :)

However, big congratulations to the winners! And Svarog's really was a class of its own, good job!

Grats to the winners! After seeing some amazing pics in the thread I didn't expect to be among them.

That was one of the reasons I thought I had no chance! I can't photoshop and have the paint skills of a 4 year old! Just had to crop the pet UI out away at one side. I thought some PS pro's would have been right in there!

So I have lots of questions about how you all did it!

Who used their own pet? I spent hours trying to get my pet to stop backing off when I approached him, and to try and get the camera to bring him more in shot than me. The it dawned on me after I submitted it that I probably could have got closer to someone else's pet!

And those who got someone else to take the pic, or get someone handy with PS.. that's clever... What other tips did people come up with to take great pet pics? How did you all do it? not just the winners :)

Did you try lots of pets till you found the most photogenic?

I tried a few pets and outfits till I found one who would play nicely. Spent ages messing around with the contrast, brightness etc to find what looked nice :)

I was chasing the sun around the continents, trying to get that light just in that "Magic hour". Found myself searching the map for the strongest colours and searching them out to find the terrain with all the right contrasting colours. Usually just as I found the right spot.. the light would change! Or worse still.. the trees would cast their shadows.. doh!

Last edited:

Yeah, looks like a lot of people just left it also. I ended up taking two screenshots from exact same camera angle, with only the pet UI moved, so I could copypaste the area behind it into the other picture.

Gz to the winners and TNX for the competition ;) my pic was awful, but was fun to try,

MORE TO COME, PLSSSS :yay:

DRM

Who used their own pet? I spent hours trying to get my pet to stop backing off when I approached him, and to try and get the camera to bring him more in shot than me. The it dawned on me after I submitted it that I probably could have got closer to someone else's pet!

And those who got someone else to take the pic, or get someone handy with PS.. that's clever... What other tips did people come up with to take great pet pics? How did you all do it? not just the winners :)
Hehe! I also spent quite some time getting him in the right position, since I wanted him right next to me facing the same direction. And both to seemingly look at the same spot, at the bridge keeper Chalte further down the stairs.

Not to mention timing it all with the spawn of Chalte, you who visited Cyclops Depth know he isn't always spawned and then he teleports you in after just a few seconds. I actually ended up taking several shots from same camera angle and then photoshopping it all together instead. One with moved pet UI, one with Chalte, one with better looking lava around the bridge and one with added flame effects from my flame (actually the smoke is from a well-timed finishing of a punch from a torch-holding Thorifoid standing right outside the picture lol. I didn't plan that at all but I saw the cool effect when I had him aggroed on me at the spot)

So in other words, a lot of work for "just" finishing first runner up :laugh: But all winners had better interaction with your pets in your entries than I had for sure, was well-deserved imo!

Gratz to the winners, and a special gray, to my ex soc mate Spike for getting the exact pet he was aiming for. :yay:

Where is this one posted? I must be blind I don't see it?

2:nd place is awarded to avatar Roslyn Kaz Farstar for the lava-hot picture of her flame throwing Chirin Dragon pet and a spectacularly well timed sci-fi fashionista-look swordplay pose.

nvm... I was looking in this thread, I didn't realize I had to go to that infernal fb thing to see it.

Last edited:

Enough to say that I spent on that island 4.5 hours - and that's after I finally chose the place :D

Calypso has 1 hour long day and 30 min long night (now I know that damn too well), so it took me 4 sunrises (it's actually a sunrise, not a sunset as MA thinks) to do everything right: emote/trick timing plus lighting and colors I wanted - apart from painting out the UI I didn't want to alter the picture in any way, so needed to catch it all in real-time. And between the sunrises I had enough time to work out how to move around the exo without triggering its own movement :)

Congratulations everyone - very nicely done!

:cool:

Grats to the winners. In hindsight I guess I should have gone pure aesthetics.:rolleyes: I wanted to add a touch of creativity, hopefully some of it will rub off on MA. :cool: There were some nice submissions, again grats to with winners/runner ups! I hope to see another event like this in the future so I can take another stab at it.

Reactions: Mac
Grats to all the winners, especially Spike!

...I am not sure why, but it irks me when people say price instead of prize... even more so when MA does it.

Back