You and Your Pet Screenshot Contest

Congratulations to the winners :)

I knew my screeny was to boring to win but I'll share it anyway ;)

eu_petcomp.jpg

Congratulations to the winners, great pictures! If you currently cant run Entropia on Very High, it shows what a hardware upgrade can look like.

Congratulations especially to Spike who in coming 4th received the prize he wanted the most. :)

Svarog's looks really nice :D

Well deserved there!

That was one of the reasons I thought I had no chance! I can't photoshop and have the paint skills of a 4 year old! Just had to crop the pet UI out away at one side. I thought some PS pro's would have been right in there!

So I have lots of questions about how you all did it!

Who used their own pet? I spent hours trying to get my pet to stop backing off when I approached him, and to try and get the camera to bring him more in shot than me. The it dawned on me after I submitted it that I probably could have got closer to someone else's pet!

And those who got someone else to take the pic, or get someone handy with PS.. that's clever... What other tips did people come up with to take great pet pics? How did you all do it? not just the winners :)

Did you try lots of pets till you found the most photogenic?

I tried a few pets and outfits till I found one who would play nicely. Spent ages messing around with the contrast, brightness etc to find what looked nice :)

I was chasing the sun around the continents, trying to get that light just in that "Magic hour". Found myself searching the map for the strongest colours and searching them out to find the terrain with all the right contrasting colours. Usually just as I found the right spot.. the light would change! Or worse still.. the trees would cast their shadows.. doh!

Congratz to all the winners! Very excited to get 2nd :yay: Just like Alainax I thought the photoshop pros would take all the winning places and I was daunted by only having 1 week to take the right shot, especially when I ended up getting the flu the exact week of the contest :tongue3:

I used my own pet dragon (which I had luckily just leveled up to 7) and yes trying to stand at just the right angle and distant to your pet was somewhat frustrating. Sometimes by the time I got in the right spot (with my dragon in the right place and the mobs not too close and my lights set up just right) day would come and I'd have to set up all over again, otherwise the mobs would wander over and take me out while I stole away for a nap. Had to swing that sword a lot before I got the right shot, but at least avatars don't get sick, or even tired for that matter

One thing that worked out fortunate for me was that pretty much as soon as I saw the contest posted, I knew what pet and backdrop I wanted to use (although I did try some others too) and already had my outfit planned out, though I had to get some help gathering enough Aakas for it.

For the most part I just take zillions of pictures and choose the best one and if I want to take the picture at night or end up in a place with poor lighting I just use my director's set lights to get that "lights, camera, action" look :pic:

BTW: did it say anywhere when the prizes will be awarded?

Edit: got mine :) now I just need to get back to Caly again so I can spawn it

Last edited:
Gz to all the winners!! And specially to Spike for getting the bunny he wanted!! :yay:

Not a big difference from my entry. Won those who donate ;)

entropia_2015-04-25_17-18-13-18.jpg

I got my bunny in game around 4:30 est. Already named him and started the long process of getting to level 25.

SpikE

Gratz to the winners some amazing pics.
1 & 2 looks awesome
1 , "We had good times but you are too costly so go drown yourself"
2 is my fav, 3 is misleading, the girl seems to be the pet of the eudorian creature, 4th is purely a lie.

Back