You and Your Pet Screenshot Contest

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Grab your camera!

Entropia Universe is excited to present the “You and Your Pet” photo contest! With all the different pets now available in Entropia Universe it’s time to showcase your pets to the community.

Nice prizes in form of rare pets will be awarded to 4 winners!

Contest Dates:
The contest starts Friday, April 17 and ends on Sunday, April 26, 23.59 UTC. Entries should be submitted to competition@entropiauniverse.com before the end date.

Format:
Take a screenshot of your avatar and your pet, one entry per participant is allowed. Images must be an in-game screenshot from Entropia Universe. The top 4 entries will be selected based on creativity and overall aesthetics.

Prizes:
  • 1st Prize, Epic Hogglo Pygmy Pet
  • 2nd Prize, Epic Ruby Chirin Dragon
  • 3rd Prize, Epic Eudorian Ruby Devil
  • 4th Prize, Epic Corinthian Ruby Kanin

Rules and Notes:
  • The in-game screenshot must be from Entropia Universe
  • Your avatar and pet must be visible in the image.
  • Image editing is allowed (e.g. photoshop, gimp etc).
  • Be sure to include your full Entropia Universe avatar name in the submission email.
  • Limit of one entry per avatar account.
  • Each attached image should be no larger than 8 megabytes in file size
  • Files should non-animated, and in common format, e.g. jpeg, png, gif, etc.
  • General Graphics Quality Settings on at least “High”
  • Minimum image resolution - 1280x800
  • Participants agree that the submitted image and the participant’s full avatar name may be used by MindArk for marketing purposes related to Entropia Universe.

How to Participate

To take part in the competition send your full avatar name and your screenshot before the submission deadline to: competition@entropiauniverse.com

More info about Pets and the Entropia taming system

An introduction to taming is available at the www.entropiauniverse.com site.

Also see the user contributed site www.entropiapets.com.

Originally Posted Here

32d8375809219ea4f477c4182040e676.jpg

what?...

Files should [be] non-animated, and in common format, e.g. jpeg, png, gif, etc.
Anyone thinks a GIF (256 colors max) is even feasible? Especially with the "tiny" 8MB limit?

Seriously, MA, is this another of your late April fools jokes? You're starting to get plain absurd.

Hey MA....what key I need to press to capture screenie ? It's PrtSc in other game but no working here some good few years already :p

Hey MA....what key I need to press to capture screenie ? It's PrtSc in other game but no working here some good few years already :p

Run game in windowed, should work

[*]Image editing is allowed (e.g. photoshop, gimp etc).

---- this... forget about it
why bother IMO. I don't image edit so any crap I put up won't compare.
GL to all those that do however - these type of events are great.

Run game in windowed, should work

But if i use full-screen ?

PLEASE GIVE US A SCREENSHOT FUNCTION

I wrote this then....

This we have asked for years so I think honestly that this was completely ignored by MA they dont care it will never bring some money to them.

So now its even 4 more years.

But if i use full-screen ?

I know they can code it as fast, if not faster than the skillcount they put in recently. 100s of games have it.

:thumbup:

right click your entropia shortcut select properties, go in compatibility tab, check disable desktop composition

start the game (using this shortcut) printscreen in full paste in paint

You know it won't happen.

To do it is quite literally all of ten minutes of coding (if even that), but for some reason most (all) of us can't understand MindArk simply refuses it.

On the other hand, it's like every other piece of information the user (whom lets face it, own this information in the first place) would like to save/log locally - it's plainly refused. Period.

Chances are they are still contemplating if 100 PED or 1k PED is the right amount to charge for each screenshot.

So whay cant MA stand up and answer the players whay they want to do it if it is so simple to do because lot of players wants it.......:mad:

Btw. many games has it so whay not this.:confused:

So whay cant MA stand up...
I think you know it by now, valentin. MindArk are (violently) opposed to any way you could get more info about your spendings, or their system.

The dumb fucks didn't even think for a second though (seriously, they completely missed the idea), when creating the CLD's, and giving us week-by-week direct insight into how badly the company is doing.

That's what happens when creatures from the shallow end of the gene pool gets to rule.

Can we make picture with more pets , or need just to be 1 pet in picture

I use Entropia Tracker to take the screenshots. Works just fine.

What I do want is the ability to get rid of all the screen chaff like we had in the old days.

What I do want is the ability to get rid of all the screen chaff like we had in the old days.

We still can, 'Desktop Icons' and 'Dashboard', and everything is gone. Also change your cursor to the absent one if you want to be in 1st person.

I use Entropia Tracker to take the screenshots. Works just fine.

You can, but you ahve to re-bind the keys (to the functions Mega mentions); map "desktop Icons" and "dashboard" toggles to the V and B buttons and it will be as Before. (The keys were "unbound" in vu10 but the action to reapply it is in action book.)

You can, but you ahve to re-bind the keys (to the functions Mega mentions); map "desktop Icons" and "dashboard" toggles to the V and B buttons and it will be as Before. (The keys were "unbound" in vu10 but the action to reapply it is in action book.)

Sweet thanks for that.

Back