Help: Melee Skilling

Nova Genesis

Provider
Society
Freelancer
Nova Nick Genesis
Heya all,
I am trying to work on all my non Laser combat skills to keep everything somewhat close, and am currently working on knifefighter. My skills are 9DMG and 6HIT and i'm looking for a decent blade to use against Foul Young.

I tried the TT blade and even though my crits were high and my dmg was great, (ELTracker said the Eco after using a full blade was over 2.90 :D, but i came back with 4-6Ped TT loot and thats all :( I feel their Regen was making this impossible to come out Eco.

Can anyone suggest some Blades to get this skill up and not lose myself like a crazy fucker?

Thanks
-Nova Nick Genesis

Try Bukins Blade or Loughlin Scratcher One

TT knife and go punies (best arret on cyrene or carabok on arkadia).

I'm done with my Puny iron, and i'm on foul now. I need a blade that can handle them.

You need more skills before using this properly but keep an eye for it when you get there
Ozpyn RSB S1X1

If you're using the tt knife then I'd suggest something that takes only 3-4 hits to kill and anything high regen is to be avoided.

I dont agree with the blades and no regen school of thought at all.

The high damage at early levels on blades is for slicing through regeneration. You have the ability to hunt mobs others wait a long time to tackle. Use it.

I've been successful that way.

The Ozpyn is the weapon you want.

Embra Laser sword... is your answer

Put a melee VI on it and it's great eco and good dps

use clubs :D they're the best (in my biased opinion)

Embra Laser sword... is your answer

Put a melee VI on it and it's great eco and good dps

+rep. Forgot about that blade (cant believe I did.) Nice low markup. Nice big TT value for lasting hunts.

Yes that is the winning suggestion. Level 7 required to use it. Can use TT blades to get that far.

+rep. Forgot about that blade (cant believe I did.) Nice low markup. Nice big TT value for lasting hunts.

Yes that is the winning suggestion. Level 7 required to use it. Can use TT blades to get that far.

Yeah except its a longblade,not a knife as the OP is asking about .

Yeah except its a longblade,not a knife as the OP is asking about .

Bah, the cough syrup is still fogging my head. Hopefully I shake this flu tomorrow. I recognized that the first time around with the Opzyn, but missed it on my 2nd read.

Heya all,
I am trying to work on all my non Laser combat skills to keep everything somewhat close, and am currently working on knifefighter. My skills are 9DMG and 6HIT and i'm looking for a decent blade to use against Foul Young.

I tried the TT blade and even though my crits were high and my dmg was great, (ELTracker said the Eco after using a full blade was over 2.90 :D, but i came back with 4-6Ped TT loot and thats all :( I feel their Regen was making this impossible to come out Eco.

Can anyone suggest some Blades to get this skill up and not lose myself like a crazy fucker?

Thanks
-Nova Nick Genesis

If your "stubborn" about eco,
Castorian Combat EnBlade-B (L) or any other of those long swords found in TT (since they're all the same stats, cloned) + Trauma Amp I

(* However as its a long sword...I guess that's not what you want.)

If your not too particular about eco and only want shortblade options,
Castorian Survival EnBlade-A + Trauma Amp I or Bukin's Blade (without the amp)

(* Both are in the region of 2.8XX though. But should take you under 20 secs to kill those youngs.)

Note that I'm considering easily findable weapons though....not gonna consider those that aren't available to the general public (and would take some time/peds to buy).

And as a general rule of thumb, I usually try to match my weapon choice in such a way that it takes around 7 to 20 (max) strikes/shots to kill my target mob.

Too little (strikes), its an overkill choice.
Too many (strikes), it becomes too underpowered for the mob.

But that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
Bukin's and Labrys and portable repair unit have been my melee combo up till about level 12. For Foul you should bring a tagger though (Opalo), because of their high aggro you always have the whole bunch on you otherwise and that drives up defense cost. Daiki or small Berycled are better if you want to fight purely with melee weapons. Combibo are also a great melee mob, but they have more hp. Select a Castorian (L) knife suitable for your level as you move through the ranks. There will be a point when this gets hard to afford though (at least it stopped there for me), because an (L) melee weapon is like having to buy a lifetime worth of ammo for a gun at once. Unlimited beyond lvl 10-20 has its price for a reason.

Last edited:
Back